Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be there for our first stay and we are staying CL. :yay::yay::yay: I was so excited I forgot to add our dates Oct 3-5, 2016

Quick question- we are thinking about upgrading(paying to upgrade) to a 1 bedroom when we get there if they have any available. My question is, since we are renting DVC points for the stay, would this be something we could even do?
To add to Dansdad's response - The DVC point system and the cash reservation system are separate thus the resort can't take cash to 'upgrade' a DVC points reservation and they can't take points to 'upgrade' a cash reservation.
They can take points to upgrade a point reservation BUT they should not without the owner's express permission, unfortunately there have been incidents where this has happened without the owner's permission.
W/ a DVC rental you get what you agreed to w/ the owner - anything 'extra' (for example from standard to savanna view or from studio to 1 br.) costs more points, sometimes a lot more points - for example a studio savanna view costs 134 points for a week in October but a 1 br. for that same week costs 257 points, almost twice as much. You don't want to innocently ask for an upgrade, have the resort give it to you and later discover you've wrecked the owner's planned vacation because the resort deducted an extra 123 points from the owner's account to give you that 1 br you asked for.
W/ a DVC rental - best to pay the owner or broker for exactly what you want upfront when you reserve and to not to even ask for an upgrade when you check in because the only way the system will let the resort upgrade you is by deducting points from the owner's account.
Unless, of course, the resort is forced to move you due to a maintenance issue w/ your villa & that's a whole other ball of wax :)

Can anyone describe or do you have pictures of the remodeled club lounge? When I was there in May they were re-modeling. I booked club level bounce back for Dec 9-13 and am curious to the changes.

Curious question - We are going in Nov and staying one night before moving on to POFQ. I booked a pool view room (not DVC). After looking at the room layouts on Touring Plans, I'm wondering if we will have a choice of a savanna view or a pool view? Thanks!

Curious question - We are going in Nov and staying one night before moving on to POFQ. I booked a pool view room (not DVC). After looking at the room layouts on Touring Plans, I'm wondering if we will have a choice of a savanna view or a pool view? Thanks!

You will have a view of the pool.

Reactions: msk
If we book a savannah view which floor has the best views 3rd or 4th? I also wanted to know if I request Zebra Trail by the Mara is there stairs or any way to get down there?

Last edited:
Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2016

If you have any updates please let me know…

September

Grooovertoo, Aug 31st - 10th, Jambo House

Laneybelle, 1st - 5th, AKL

Publix subs, 15th - 19th, AKL

Dreamseeker9, 17th - 20th, AKL

Mm. Leota, 17th - 24th, AKL

BanditsMommy, 18th - 25th, AKL

berryinDC, 19th - 23rd, AKL

PNO4TE, 23rd - 26th, F&W BWV

Brnrss34, 24th - Oct 1st, AKL

YoYoAurora, 24th - Oct 1st, AKL CL

RachelTori, 24th - Oct 1st, GF and BWI

Nicolebridget22, 24th - 8th, AKL

Hill6, 26th - 28th, Kidani

MadMadamMim1, 26th - Oct 1st, Jambo House

AmyA, 28th - Oct 5th, AKL

October

PghPiratesGirl, Sep 29th - 6th, AKL

Mmafan, Sep 30th - 11th, Jambo House

Kerim1983, 1st - 10th, AKL

HollyMD, 2nd - 9th, AKL

Vinotinto, 5th - 10th, AKL

Utlegaleagle, 11th - 15th, AKL

Disneymom1126, 14th - 22nd, AKL

Ruth B, 20th - Nov 1st, AKL

John's Mom, 24th - 27th, Boardwalk Villa

Jfortsch, 24th - 30th, AKL

Phi2012, 26th - Nov 11th, AKL

November

Phi2012, Oct 26th - 11th, AKL

TeeterTots, 4th - 7th, AKV CL

DizDaD7, 4th - 12th, AKL

KStash, 5th - 11th, AKL

Dkrauss, 6th - 12th, Jambo House

Lovetotraveltx, 13th - 19th, AKL CL

Peteykirch, 13th - 19th, Kidani

Blended Disney, 20th - 26th, Kidani

Wdwnut61, 20th - 27th, AKL

Henry72, 26th - Dec 2nd, AKL

Smec73, 26th - Dec 2nd, AKL

Mickeyheart, 26th - Dec 10th, AKL CL

Saysib, 26th - Dec 10th, AKL

MemphisVanessa, 28th to Dec 5th, AKL

Lylone, 28th - Dec 2nd, AKL

BethanyLynnFit, 30th - Dec 3rd, AKL

December

Pedinurse5207, 1st - 7th, akl

John's Mom, 3rd - 10th, AKV Jambo House

LvsTnk, 11th - 21st, AKL

PNO4TE, 16th - 19th, POFQ

Wsmagee, 16th - 22nd, AKL

January

Volne, 21st - 25th, AKL

Texans_loyal, 22nd - 25th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 28th - 30th, AKL

February

March

April

Momtwoboys, 17th - 24th, AKV

May

June

July

August

OThopeful35, 1st - 12th, AKL

September
Dec 9-18

Going to animal kingdom in December in a wheelchair and don't want to be too far from the food court, but also I don't want to be on top of people, looking to see giraffes or zebras what would be the best recommendation for a room

Can anyone describe or do you have pictures of the remodeled club lounge? When I was there in May they were re-modeling. I booked club level bounce back for Dec 9-13 and am curious to the changes.

If you look in the Club Level thread I posted some pictures at the beginning of June. The seating changed just a little and the drink frig got moved to where the food is. They also extended the counter.

I dont think anyone is going to answer :confused3

I don't remember seeing any stairs but there are elevators on the zebra trail pretty close to Mara. As to view, I used to think 3rd floor was the best. We have stayed club level the last 5 or 6 times we have been so our rooms have been on the 4th floor and we have had great views. I think 3 and 4 are equally good. I have never stayed on any floors other than 3 and 4 but I think any higher or lower than those two floors would compromise the view.

Going to animal kingdom in December in a wheelchair and don't want to be too far from the food court, but also I don't want to be on top of people, looking to see giraffes or zebras what would be the best recommendation for a room

The Lobby animal viewing areas and the food court are fairly far apart. If you get a room on the Zebra trail in the second or third pod you will be close to Mara and away from the general animal viewing area but not too far. Do you have a Savannah view? I would suggest third floor so that you do not have to wait on an elevator every time you go to your room.

The Lobby animal viewing areas and the food court are fairly far apart. If you get a room on the Zebra trail in the second or third pod you will be close to Mara and away from the general animal viewing area but not too far. Do you have a Savannah view? I would suggest third floor so that you do not have to wait on an elevator every time you go to your room.
Yes savanaah view . This is our first and last time at a deluxe and I don't wanna screw it up . It's bad enough I'm in a wheelchair . We were going to get the first floor but now I'm thinking to switch to the third .I really wish I knew the layout I'm looking online at room 3515 looks good online but who knows in person

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2016

If you have any updates please let me know…

September

Grooovertoo, Aug 31st - 10th, Jambo House

Laneybelle, 1st - 5th, AKL

Publix subs, 15th - 19th, AKL

Dreamseeker9, 17th - 20th, AKL

Mm. Leota, 17th - 24th, AKL

BanditsMommy, 18th - 25th, AKL

berryinDC, 19th - 23rd, AKL

PNO4TE, 23rd - 26th, F&W BWV

Brnrss34, 24th - Oct 1st, AKL

YoYoAurora, 24th - Oct 1st, AKL CL

RachelTori, 24th - Oct 1st, GF and BWI

Nicolebridget22, 24th - 8th, AKL

Hill6, 26th - 28th, Kidani

MadMadamMim1, 26th - Oct 1st, Jambo House

AmyA, 28th - Oct 5th, AKL

October

PghPiratesGirl, Sep 29th - 6th, AKL

Mmafan, Sep 30th - 11th, Jambo House

Kerim1983, 1st - 10th, AKL

HollyMD, 2nd - 9th, AKL

Vinotinto, 5th - 10th, AKL

Utlegaleagle, 11th - 15th, AKL

Disneymom1126, 14th - 22nd, AKL

Ruth B, 20th - Nov 1st, AKL

John's Mom, 24th - 27th, Boardwalk Villa

Jfortsch, 24th - 30th, AKL

Phi2012, 26th - Nov 11th, AKL

November

Phi2012, Oct 26th - 11th, AKL

TeeterTots, 4th - 7th, AKV CL

DizDaD7, 4th - 12th, AKL

KStash, 5th - 11th, AKL

Dkrauss, 6th - 12th, Jambo House

Lovetotraveltx, 13th - 19th, AKL CL

Peteykirch, 13th - 19th, Kidani

Blended Disney, 20th - 26th, Kidani

Wdwnut61, 20th - 27th, AKL

Henry72, 26th - Dec 2nd, AKL

Smec73, 26th - Dec 2nd, AKL

Mickeyheart, 26th - Dec 10th, AKL CL

Saysib, 26th - Dec 10th, AKL

MemphisVanessa, 28th to Dec 5th, AKL

Lylone, 28th - Dec 2nd, AKL

BethanyLynnFit, 30th - Dec 3rd, AKL

December

Pedinurse5207, 1st - 7th, akl

John's Mom, 3rd - 10th, AKV Jambo House

LvsTnk, 11th - 21st, AKL

PNO4TE, 16th - 19th, POFQ

Wsmagee, 16th - 22nd, AKL

January

Volne, 21st - 25th, AKL

Texans_loyal, 22nd - 25th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 28th - 30th, AKL

February

March

April

Momtwoboys, 17th - 24th, AKV

May

June

July

August

OThopeful35, 1st - 12th, AKL

September

We are May 6-16, 2017 AKL Jambo

Yes savanaah view . This is our first and last time at a deluxe and I don't wanna screw it up . It's bad enough I'm in a wheelchair . We were going to get the first floor but now I'm thinking to switch to the third .I really wish I knew the layout I'm looking online at room 3515 looks good online but who knows in person

What is your concern about the room location? Definitely 3rd floor is convenient for you with wheelchair as the entrance is on the 3rd floor. As for going to the pool from Zebra trail, I am 90 % sure that the elevator in Zebra trail would take you to the first floor to the pool. If not, there is an elevator (above G in the picture below) around the corner before you reach Giraffe trail from Zebra and that will for sure take you to all the restaurants and the pool. Enjoy your stay at AKL.

WDW_AKL.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter