Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of my favorite resorts. It makes me feel like I'm on an amazing adventure away and thus always enhances my vacation. We'll be staying here for a week in September and I could not be more excited.

I don't remember seeing any stairs but there are elevators on the zebra trail pretty close to Mara. As to view, I used to think 3rd floor was the best. We have stayed club level the last 5 or 6 times we have been so our rooms have been on the 4th floor and we have had great views. I think 3 and 4 are equally good. I have never stayed on any floors other than 3 and 4 but I think any higher or lower than those two floors would compromise the view.
Thank you :) Are the 4th floors all club level? I was looking at the rooms on touring plans and it looked like they were .

We are thinking of doing AKL as our arrival day hotel before we switch to CBR, do you think it is worth it, will we be able to explore enough in a day or should we wait until our next trip and have a full stay be our first time?

We are thinking of doing AKL as our arrival day hotel before we switch to CBR, do you think it is worth it, will we be able to explore enough in a day or should we wait until our next trip and have a full stay be our first time?
That is kind of what we are doing but we are maybe staying 2 nights AKL then switch to the Poly.

Yes savanaah view . This is our first and last time at a deluxe and I don't wanna screw it up . It's bad enough I'm in a wheelchair . We were going to get the first floor but now I'm thinking to switch to the third .I really wish I knew the layout I'm looking online at room 3515 looks good online but who knows in person

We have stayed in Room 4515 many times. We love the location so I assume room 3515 would be good as well. Any room from 3501-3515 would be good. 3501 is closer to the elevator. We have always had Arusha view, so I am not sure how the other savannah view would be.

I think I would wait. AKL is an awesome resort with so much to do. I would be sad if I only got to spend 1 day there and then had to switch hotels. For me the inconvenience of switching hotels coupled with a 1 day stay at AKL would not be worth it. Maybe book a dinner at Boma or Jika one evening and explore the resort and then book the full stay the next time.

I think I would wait. AKL is an awesome resort with so much to do. I would be sad if I only got to spend 1 day there and then had to switch hotels. For me the inconvenience of switching hotels coupled with a 1 day stay at AKL would not be worth it. Maybe book a dinner at Boma or Jika one evening and explore the resort and then book the full stay the next time.

Thanks :) The switching isn't really an inconvenience as we are driving and going to AK first thing in the morning of the 2nd day. We will end up having to switch rooms even if we stay at the same resort as we can not add a day to our exsisting reservation because it is the first day of promotion. If we don't so AKL we will likely just do Pop Century for arrival day. I just happen to have a pincode that would make the night at AKL $259 which seemed like a really good deal! :)

Thanks :) The switching isn't really an inconvenience as we are driving and going to AK first thing in the morning of the 2nd day. We will end up having to switch rooms even if we stay at the same resort as we can not add a day to our exsisting reservation because it is the first day of promotion. If we don't so AKL we will likely just do Pop Century for arrival day. I just happen to have a pincode that would make the night at AKL $259 which seemed like a really good deal! :)
If you have to switch anyway then I say go for AKL. Doesn't seem like there is a downside. I'd take a night at AKL over a night at Pop Century any day. We have had good luck making one night room only reservations for the night before a promotion begins and getting the same room for our full stay. They always say they can't promise we will stay in the same room but we have never had to move. Just FYI.

If you have to switch anyway then I say go for AKL. Doesn't seem like there is a downside. I'd take a night at AKL over a night at Pop Century any day. We have had good luck making one night room only reservations for the night before a promotion begins and getting the same room for our full stay. They always say they can't promise we will stay in the same room but we have never had to move. Just FYI.

Even if I can't book the same category for the first night?

Hey guys! I have a couple questions!

What is the fastest way to get from the Boardwalk to Animal Kingdom Lodge?

Also, What are ideal times for the Giraffes to be out & about/active?

I am taking my Girlfriend to AKL on our non-park day to *hopefully* see the Giraffes because she has never been to AKL and she adores Giraffes.
We are planning on having a snack/visiting the boardwalk on the same day and I'm trying to plan everything out.
We DO have our own vehicle so that is another option, But I wasn't sure what other options there were for transportation because I would like to park at the boardwalk and work our day around that.

Thanks!

Love it. The Zebras do as well. The only time they go into the barn during rain is if it is a severe storm with high winds and such.

Hi! This is our first stay at AKL Jambo House, First time to AKL ever! We are renting points thru Dave's Rental. Savannah views 2BR and a Studio. Any chance someone knows where these might be located? I use Touring Plans and don't know if you can do a request for them. We are going January 22-29, 2017. I also would like to know if the Star Wars Fireworks are permanent or just an event, I can only see one day it is listed while we are there. I'm not a frequent poster but I read the boards all the time and am educated everyday by everyone! Thanks for all the info!

What is the fastest way to get from the Boardwalk to Animal Kingdom Lodge?

The fastest, other than driving yourself, would be a taxi or Uber.

These next 2 options would probably be about the same amount of time but much longer than taxi/Uber.

Walk or boat from the Boardwalk over to DHS, then bus to AKL.
Bus from Boardwalk to AK then bus to AKL.

One month from today we arrive at Kidani. It also means one month till my birthday and dinner at Be Our Guest. Is it bad I will be ordering my own birthday cake for that night? LOL (Mini 2 tier cake with purple roses)

I also need to order a second cake for our anniversary but I will have that one sent to our second resort since that was originally booked for our 30th anniversary. That will be Haunted Mansion themed.

First time to AKL in October - booked a standard room but would LOVE to get a partial savannah room - selected only kudu trail view on room requests would selecting king bed as a secondary hurt my savannah partial view chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter