Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually all of the animals on the 3 largest savannas go into their barns during the mornings and are off the savanna for about an hour & 1/2. They empty one savanna, let those animals back out, then move the animals on the next savanna into their barn then let them out then do the same on the third savanna. .

They actually no longer do it this way (animal programs thought it was too restrictive). They are off the savanna for two hours - one in the late evening and one early in the morning.

They actually no longer do it this way (animal programs thought it was too restrictive). They are off the savanna for two hours - one in the late evening and one early in the morning.
Interesting - when did it change? They were still doing it the once in the am in Dec. 2016 according to our Husbandry guides on our Wanyama Safari. I quite enjoyed watching them emerge in groups from the barn onto Arusha from my balcony that trip - it made me think of Noah's ark :)

Do you know what times they take them in and then back out?

So I am doing online check in and getting cold feet about the room. I do want a King Size bed as this is a nice treat for me and the hubby on vacation so that is priority one. I was going to ask to be close to the lobby but I have two concerns. One is I don't want to be near the restaurant side of the lobby as I have the nose of a bloodhound being pregnant. The other is I am a light sleeper and like afternoon naps when I have long park days. I just read on another post that someone got a standard room and it was right on top of the lobby and noisy. So that being said if I instead pick King sized bed and one of the trails is the walk going to be that far? Are we talking a 5 min difference or 10 min? I work in NYC so I walk 5,000-7,000 steps on a quiet day with my commute, I am thinking some of the talks about long walks from far flung rooms must be exaggerations.

I also am completely fine with a parking lot view, I feel like as a city dweller the minor car/bus noise won't be as much of an issue as the echoing off the lobby noise.

I would mark "King" as your preference for online checkin, and call Disney directly a few days before your travel (3-5 days ahead of check in) and request specifically not Zebra trail (this would be the wing nearest the restaurants). I don't want to say anyone is exaggerating about long walks, but I get about 7,000 steps on an average day and found a room at the very farthest end of Kudu trail to be manageable. It sounds like what would actually be the best request for you is King bed, ostrich trail (to be away from restaurants) but you will need to call about the Ostrich request unless they have recently changed the online check in options. We have not stayed in the rooms right off the lobby - I can see how those would be loud - but we have stayed close to the lobby on ostrich trail and it was very quiet and perfect for an afternoon nap since it was also convenient.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I haven't been able to find the information anywhere. We have booked a pool view bunk bed room for november 2016. I stayed here with my dad a few years ago and we had this great room right near the pool on the first floor. I have no idea how to go about asking for a similar room or when to do so. I know you can make room requests but Im not even exactly sure what I'd be requesting. Near the pool I guess? First floor? Near the lobby? any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I would mark "King" as your preference for online checkin, and call Disney directly a few days before your travel (3-5 days ahead of check in) and request specifically not Zebra trail (this would be the wing nearest the restaurants). I don't want to say anyone is exaggerating about long walks, but I get about 7,000 steps on an average day and found a room at the very farthest end of Kudu trail to be manageable. It sounds like what would actually be the best request for you is King bed, ostrich trail (to be away from restaurants) but you will need to call about the Ostrich request unless they have recently changed the online check in options. We have not stayed in the rooms right off the lobby - I can see how those would be loud - but we have stayed close to the lobby on ostrich trail and it was very quiet and perfect for an afternoon nap since it was also convenient.

Thanks. I did King and Kudu trail as that seemed to be the best combo based on what they have. I have standard view so I am not sure what standard view is on Kudu which is why I am concerned I could end up in the lobby or above the restaurants anyways. I will call in a week before to explain my request to get it more precise. I wish they had a comment section but then again they probably don't want to deal with that. I also ordered our magic bands. 22 days and counting!

Thank you! Just looking at the room pictures makes me so excited for January. Can I be added to the list for January 17-27 @ Kidani! Thanks!
January

Archdandy, 17th - 27th, kidani

Volne, 21st - 25th, AKL

Texans_loyal, 22nd - 25th, AKL

MKEgramma, 22nd - 29th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 28th - 30th, AKL

Maranara, 29th - Feb 5th, AKL

Thanks. I did King and Kudu trail as that seemed to be the best combo based on what they have. I have standard view so I am not sure what standard view is on Kudu which is why I am concerned I could end up in the lobby or above the restaurants anyways. I will call in a week before to explain my request to get it more precise. I wish they had a comment section but then again they probably don't want to deal with that. I also ordered our magic bands. 22 days and counting!

Our room was on the Kudu Trail near the elevator on the 4th floor. Walk to the lobby and restaurant was manageable. It was like walking one big block in NYC, that was it. Lobby is located on the third floor and rooms above the lobby is indeed noisy but convenient. Views on Kudu with the standard room is partial savanna. You can also send a fax to AKL 5 days prior to your check in. That's what I did.

I'm sure this as been asked and answered somewhere on this thread. So sorry to ask again. Can someone tell me what the cost is to do a tie-dye mickey shirt at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, do they supply shirts or should we bring our own, and if there is a age limit? Some of us adults would like to participate in this activity.:D

So I am doing online check in and getting cold feet about the room. I do want a King Size bed as this is a nice treat for me and the hubby on vacation so that is priority one. I was going to ask to be close to the lobby but I have two concerns. One is I don't want to be near the restaurant side of the lobby as I have the nose of a bloodhound being pregnant. The other is I am a light sleeper and like afternoon naps when I have long park days. I just read on another post that someone got a standard room and it was right on top of the lobby and noisy. So that being said if I instead pick King sized bed and one of the trails is the walk going to be that far? Are we talking a 5 min difference or 10 min? I work in NYC so I walk 5,000-7,000 steps on a quiet day with my commute, I am thinking some of the talks about long walks from far flung rooms must be exaggerations.

I also am completely fine with a parking lot view, I feel like as a city dweller the minor car/bus noise won't be as much of an issue as the echoing off the lobby noise.

My average walking day at Disney is 18,000-23,000 steps a day. We were out past the last elevator and almost the same distance from Kidani Lobby as Jambo House. It can be a very long walk. It was a good five minutes from the lobby to the room and we don't walk very slow

We are getting close! AKL Sept 20-25.

One question for those who know the layout- my parents are staying CL and we are not. Does this mean we won't be able to get a room near them? We have a Savanna view, but are all the CL rooms in a separate section somewhere? We were hoping for connecting room, but if not just as close together as possible.

One question for those who know the layout- my parents are staying CL and we are not. Does this mean we won't be able to get a room near them? We have a Savanna view, but are all the CL rooms in a separate section somewhere? We were hoping for connecting room, but if not just as close together as possible.

I believe CL rooms are on level 5 and 6. If the other room is not Club Level, I doubt you would be able to connect the two rooms together.

I believe CL rooms are on level 5 and 6. If the other room is not Club Level, I doubt you would be able to connect the two rooms together.

That's not correct. CL rooms for non-DVC (resort guests) are on 4th floor, in the first pods off the lobby on Kudu and Zebra Trails. Occasionally, a CL resort guest will be in the 2nd pod - usually Kudu Trail, but they try to keep CL guests as close to the lobby (with Arusha Savannah view) as possible.

DVC CL is very limited and that is on floor 6 (where the CL Lounge is located). The 5th floor is DVC (non-CL). I hope this all makes sense!

TreeFalls: Did you link the reservations? That's the easiest way for you to get a room near your parents. Otherwise, your best bet would be to request "near lobby". You might still be on a different floor (2 or 3), but you would be in close proximity, without a long walk down the corridors! Good luck and have a great stay!

Agree with everything RachelTori wrote. Link the reservations and specifically request rooms near each other on both reservations. Good luck!

I'm sure this as been asked and answered somewhere on this thread. So sorry to ask again. Can someone tell me what the cost is to do a tie-dye mickey shirt at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, do they supply shirts or should we bring our own, and if there is a age limit? Some of us adults would like to participate in this activity.:D

We did this in May. They supply the shirts and there is no age limit. I believe the shirts were $18. It was lots of fun!

That's not correct. CL rooms for non-DVC (resort guests) are on 4th floor, in the first pods off the lobby on Kudu and Zebra Trails. Occasionally, a CL resort guest will be in the 2nd pod - usually Kudu Trail, but they try to keep CL guests as close to the lobby (with Arusha Savannah view) as possible.

DVC CL is very limited and that is on floor 6 (where the CL Lounge is located). The 5th floor is DVC (non-CL). I hope this all makes sense!

TreeFalls: Did you link the reservations? That's the easiest way for you to get a room near your parents. Otherwise, your best bet would be to request "near lobby". You might still be on a different floor (2 or 3), but you would be in close proximity, without a long walk down the corridors! Good luck and have a great stay!

Always learn something new.. I was confused between CL and DVC.. Sorry for the wrong information TreeFalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter