Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

MickMan, have you figured out why an ice cream bar, made with premium ingredients but no different than any other such, tastes better when it has ears?:)

Luster, me thinks there is a lawsuit in there somewhere on the grounds of addictivity. (yes, I know there is no such word but now there is, so there!):flower3:

SG

i hear you on the flaming in some of the threads.
it's like a train wreck.
but, i do go back at times and read to see "who is winning" this arguement.:rotfl:

fancy nancy, you have to stay with us here.
mac 101 rule is once you post, you are a voting/posting member in this thread.
it is too late for you to leave us........::yes::

Please don't worry about it I'm not leaving! I had a horrible day at work yesterday and I think things got to me just a bit too much! LOL

FancyNancy, I am so sorry. I was just joking around. I am harmless, I promise!:hug:

BTW, I love your name because there is a great series of children's books out with that name and they promote better vocabularies and anyone who knows me knows I love me some words! Verbosity is my middle name and it gets me into trouble now and then.

I promise you that I am the worst on this thread and while I mess up occasionally I would never be mean to anyone - at least anyone who is not being mean to someone else. :rotfl:

SG, who still worries about someone taking her favorite room at AS. They can have it after and before I am there though:dance3:

I am the original FancyNancy! LOL My name is Jessica Nancy and so growing up my father called me FancyNancy. I know that you meant no harm and actually find you very entertaining. I've been going to ASsports since 1999 I do believe and I actually get anxiety when I think of staying anywhere else on site! No lie. :rotfl2:

Hey there Fancy, I am glad that you are not offended by my silliness. :goodvibes

Do you like Sports for the same reason I do? It is at the end of the road so I cannot possibly get lost, UNLESS I go the wrong direction and end up at Crossroads. It has happened. :upsidedow

SG

Hey there Fancy, I am glad that you are not offended by my silliness. :goodvibes

Do you like Sports for the same reason I do? It is at the end of the road so I cannot possibly get lost, UNLESS I go the wrong direction and end up at Crossroads. It has happened. :upsidedow

SG

That and for some reason I just LOVE the surfboard bay pool. I like to just kind of float on my back and stare up at the palm trees and the stars at night. Surely there is no better view than that. Also, I know the layout and it is a nice small resort so I won't get lost. I am directionally challenged. I can't even rent a car down there. I have to take the Disney buses where I can zone out and not pay attention to where we are going until we reach the park! :rotfl:

That and for some reason I just LOVE the surfboard bay pool. I like to just kind of float on my back and stare up at the palm trees and the stars at night. Surely there is no better view than that. Also, I know the layout and it is a nice small resort so I won't get lost. I am directionally challenged. I can't even rent a car down there. I have to take the Disney buses where I can zone out and not pay attention to where we are going until we reach the park! :rotfl:

In all of my trips to the world I have never rented a car as well. I let them do the driving from the airport and back. I would get lost as well and end up in Tampa or even worse, Miami.:)

FancyNancy, we started going to DW because I could park the car and take Disney transportation because of MY directional inabilities as well. I can now get to AK and the Studios and to DTD though. I can give you the simple instructions if you ever want to venture it for yourself. ;)

I am slightly agoraphobic and have problems with new things and my husband has an even worse problem so Disney is about the only place we can really vacation now. :beach:

It is a good thing that we like familiar and there are so many things to see and people to meet every trip. When might you be there next? We leave Sunday and only have a bit over an hour to get there nowadays. :wave2:

Luster, I kept getting lost in the POP parking lot when I was there with a bunch of DIS friends. Ang knows all about it and she did not laugh, at least where I could see.:worship:

SG

i hear my name being called...........

i'm in the top % for being directionaly challenged.
no lie.

i started taking my 3 boys to the motherland in 1993, (or was it 02?)
mr mac hates florida.
he hates the motherland.
he hates the summer heat there.
he hates concrete and blacktop.
he hates crowds.
he hates standing in any line.
he hates orlando.
but he loves me dearly......

so i don't ask him to do family trips there.

the boys whined so much wanting to do disney that he told me to take them to the motherland and he would pay for all the expenses which would be our kids "family" trip.

i rented cars each year once i got into mco.
since two of them could read words that had more than 6 letters, i figured i would teach them how to read street signs and maps.
my oldest, a 9 year old, was really good at that most of the time.

one year i did separate trips with the boys.
on the last trip of that summer with the last kid, we decided to explore and look around Old Town. the boy was curious.

long story short.
we ended up past Tampa when trying to get back to Sports.
and, he told on me to Mr Mac.
and he also told dad about the dent in the car
:worried:

ever since then, Mr Mac pays for my private car service while i am on vacation in Orlando.
he has no issues at all for me doing a private vacation as long as i agree never to rent a car in orlando.

yes, i have been going solo since about 2004/5? now.
took the boys for years each summer.
took 2 of them on separate trips while they were in college.
(i hate spring break time)

last year i stayed in orlando for 18 days.
i do split stays between the motherland resorts and the darkside resorts.

Mr Mac and i do a couple trips together each year though.
He also does a solo camping trip early spring so we coordinate our trip schedules in early january each year.

to backtrack on this subject, i would get lost drving from Sports to MGM/Epcot back in those car rental days.
very directional challenged........!

Fancy Nancy, I love the idea of floating on my back looking up at the palm trees and stars. That just sounds so relaxing right now and the idea that I might actually feel warmth again living in IL as I do. lol

For all you directionally challenged I know the Orlando area as well as I do the Chicago area where I grew up. DH and I have hopes of moving to Orlando so I studied those maps and scoured the realty websites and have been on a couple exploratory drives on our last couple of vacations. We even went down to Siesta Key Beach last time we were down there. Oh and I have been driving down from IL as the only driver for quit a few years now. I could most likely drive straight through but DS protests about 13 hours in that he needs a bed.

Mac I think your husband and mine would get along good. I always book our Disney vacations with just myself and son who is now 18 but I am pretty sure will always be willing to go with on a free vacation in Disney World now that I have made him an addict. Anyway, if DH decides to go he usually tells me about a month ahead and I will add him then but he doesn't ask to go very often. He is alergic to all the things your DH is like lines, heat, blacktop, the cost of the food, etc. Not Orlando though he doesn't mind it there just doesn't like the mouse trap.

I too tend to joke in threads and sometimes people do bend them way out of context and take them so serious even when I can not understand how anyone can see it as serious someone does. I try to be careful though.

I was at Sports at one time when you were in building 7 at the end by Surfs up but sadly we did not cross paths that year. I know it was you there because of your decorated window and that you were supposed to be there at that time. I think it was beginning of June a few years back. I will admit, even if it is not popular here, that I love Music too. Since I drive it doesn't matter if I stay at Sports or Music and when I have taken the bus at Music it worked out well for us too. When I stay there I only stayed prefered though so I don't do it often. I love being right there by the pool and the parking lot at Music. lol

OH and yes I was in the car when SG got lost in the Pop Century parking lot. No I did not laugh I simply guided her to the exit. lol Can I laugh now Linda?

FancyNancy, we started going to DW because I could park the car and take Disney transportation because of MY directional inabilities as well. I can now get to AK and the Studios and to DTD though. I can give you the simple instructions if you ever want to venture it for yourself. ;)

I am slightly agoraphobic and have problems with new things and my husband has an even worse problem so Disney is about the only place we can really vacation now. :beach:

It is a good thing that we like familiar and there are so many things to see and people to meet every trip. When might you be there next? We leave Sunday and only have a bit over an hour to get there nowadays. :wave2:

Luster, I kept getting lost in the POP parking lot when I was there with a bunch of DIS friends. Ang knows all about it and she did not laugh, at least where I could see.:worship:

SG

I guess it isn't too bad, they have road signs that lead you everywhere. I am just spoiled and let them drive me instead:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Okay, Angela is officially designated as our navigator. (go ahead and laugh all you want, I find it funny too).:rotfl2:

Macraven, you have found the secret of life that I did not learn until too darned late. If you are incompetent you get taken care of. :lmao:A driver at Disney? That is my only thing that I want if I ever win the lottery. I am content with my worldly possessions. In fact I have put in for Ang's husband to be the driver, since he is a professional, Ang will be the navigator and William and I will just be silly together. I will put my husband up front with Al so they can talk about trucks and life will be good. :woohoo:

I can drive to EPCOT but always end up on the interstate, not a good thing for anyone involved, when leaving.

Luster, the new signage is a bit better but I was never able to read those red and purple ones after dark. If everything was right off Buena Vista I could cope.

I think my bil will do the driving Sunday when we do the resort monorail tour so we will not have to deal with two buses etc. I hope. :rolleyes1

SG

Our dear Angela is in sore need of all the prayers and good thoughts we can send her. I am not sure she would want me to post the particulars and will leave it up to her to do so, or not.

I knew you all would care and want to know, as do so many of her other friends,

SG

The prayers must have been heard. All is well now. I will let Ang tell you what she wants to, when she wants to. It was very bad.

SG

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. All I will say is whoever said an 18 year old is an adult obviously never met an 18 year old like my son. The day he shows he has a little common sense and actually thinks something through completely before just doing it is the day I will believe he is an adult and at the rate he's going that will be when he's 50. lol Thank God he never smoked, drank, or did drugs or he would surely be an accident waiting to happen.

ang, still have you in my prayers.
hoping you are doing okay.

life gets hard sometimes, doesn't it.

All was well last night. Thank you Mac.

I have to believe that life is hard from time to time to remind us to be grateful for the other times.:scratchin

SG

Happy Thanksgiving. Yes Mac all turned out well and DS didn't get hurt and since he scared himself half to death he will not be doing it again. Thanks for the prayers we needed them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter