Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Good morning Monday to you too. :wave2: It is good to see something posted from a Diser who is not testy lately. :thumbsup2

There are times when I want to post something nasty, not on this thread though: up in the theme park thread. But I don't do that because my uncle always said: If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. He was a wise man:) I am a pretty easy going person and don't get upset very often.:lmao:

i like calm, happy, informative threads.
i really do.

on some forums/threads, homies get kind of loud when you post something opposite of what they did.
i do read them but usually don't jump in and post as i don't have a dog in their fight.

the Sports thread is relaxing to be on.
homies are nice here and we don't have any meanies........:thumbsup2

We all like the resort and some of us stay there for each trip.
some stay once and prefer other resorts.

i agree with slighty goofy. we need to stop raving about touchdown 10 or there will not be any room for us when we plan to book there.....:rolleyes1

i like calm, happy, informative threads.
i really do.

on some forums/threads, homies get kind of loud when you post something opposite of what they did.
i do read them but usually don't jump in and post as i don't have a dog in their fight.

the Sports thread is relaxing to be on.
homies are nice here and we don't have any meanies........:thumbsup2

We all like the resort and some of us stay there for each trip.
some stay once and prefer other resorts.

i agree with slighty goofy. we need to stop raving about touchdown 10 or there will not be any room for us when we plan to book there.....:rolleyes1

[/QUOTE

you are so correct. Have no worries about TOUCHDOWN 10 from me, I am spoiled and prefer Surfs Up. This resort is the first one I stayed at and will keep going back:cool1::cool1:

I'm just not going to comment on threads anymore. I'm so sorry I even brought up touchdown 10. Honestly you can't say anything on these boards anymore without someone picking your comment apart.

I'm just not going to comment on threads anymore. I'm so sorry I even brought up touchdown 10. Honestly you can't say anything on these boards anymore without someone picking your comment apart.

You did nothing wrong and I don't believe anyone was picking your thread apart. There are good people on this thread. Slightly Goofy has been going to disney and staying at AS Sports for many years. She requests the Touchdown Buidling and receives her wish because she has made so many great friends. Touchdown #10 is so close to the main lobby withouth paying a preferred price so maybe it truely is Disney's Best Kept Secret.:lmao::lmao:

My son and husband found out that we are staying at Sports today and are very excited!
3leafs was just there, and she had Goofy send a postcard to tell us where we are staying! :teeth:
Now it seems really real... Paid the final payment on the cruise today too!

fancy nancy, you have the best posts on this thread!!

i know you like Surfs Up the best and it is a great location.

when it wasn't preferred upgrades, i stayed in Surfs Up many times.
When it went to the additional cost, i went back to Touchdown.

i have been lucky and was upgraded for free 3 times to Surfs Up in the past few years.

if i said anything that struck you wrong, i apologize.
it was never my intent to make it sound like one building at Sports is better than the others.

as long as i can go to the motherland and stay at Sports, i'm a happy micky loving gal.

Oh no who picked apart your comment? Last I saw from you your comment was a great one and one my son would agree with when you said your daughter liked to be between the pools. Sorry if something I said sounded against what you said. Please keep on commenting here this is about the safest thread lately. :flower3:

I have been noticing things have been getting harry on other threads and my post here yesterday was that I was glad to post here because I know I am safe from the meanies watching others get attacked or those who like to make something out of nothing.

I was wondering if it was me being sensetive or if the holidays are really stressing some people out. Then I figured I am not going to let others get me down and as long as I know I am not being mean who cares. :thumbsup2

There are times when I want to post something nasty, not on this thread though: up in the theme park thread. But I don't do that because my uncle always said: If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. He was a wise man:) I am a pretty easy going person and don't get upset very often.:lmao:

:thumbsup2

Ok you gals just made me feel better. I just felt like I said one thing about staying at touchdown and everyone else was like "don't say anything about touchdown then it will be all booked up when I want to stay there" and I'm thinking to myself wow can I not even say something so innocent about my fave Disney Resort??? I was probably just being too sensitive. Sorry you guys.

I will say that I do agree with some posters that other sections of the Dis boards have been getting bad with people flaming each other lately. Its not right but that is just my opinion. :hippie:

Ok you gals just made me feel better. I just felt like I said one thing about staying at touchdown and everyone else was like "don't say anything about touchdown then it will be all booked up when I want to stay there" and I'm thinking to myself wow can I not even say something so innocent about my fave Disney Resort??? I was probably just being too sensitive. Sorry you guys.

I will say that I do agree with some posters that other sections of the Dis boards have been getting bad with people flaming each other lately. Its not right but that is just my opinion. :hippie:

Well good Tuesday Morning to you. One more regular work day and then Thanksgiving. :thumbsup2

That was SG joking around about not promoting TD or it will all be booked up. ;) She is always joking around about something. :thumbsup2 I think I have said similar in the past in jest because in all honesty how many people would have to come on this thread and go at least a day before I check in to book up all those rooms. lol I am glad your cool now and no need to be sorry I know I've been there too. You seem like a good person and we need to keep the good ones coming back. :flower3:

i read your post and thought, "wow, that was me that piped in with SG".
oops.......i was joking along with it behind SG.

a big hug to you :hug:for putting up with me and my joking...
i'll think twice before i start rambling to make sure i'm not hurting anyone's feelings.
i know how that goes.
i have posted in other threads on something i thought was funny and then was blasted. that sure does sting. being flamed takes away from the fun of posting and sharing with other homies here.

when i first started staying at Sports, which was the month after they first opened that resort, it was in Surfs Up 1.
we loved it so much there. the parking lot was to the one side, the pool on the other side. perfect location for my family.
then we ventured to other parts of Surfs Up and enjoyed those rooms too.

over the next years, we ventured to touchdown 7 and had the end rooms that are next to surfs up 6. loved the convenience to the pool and food court.

when we got touchdown 10, we decided that we would start staying there.

last year i was in surfs up 1, middle section facing the pool.
lovely view, quiet in the evening.

just got to say, all the places i have stayed in sports were my favorites at the time!

can not say one building is better than the other.
my cousin stayed in tennis when we took vacations together one year.
i was in TD and they were in the back of the resort.
they loved their location.

since i stay onsite for 8-9 nights, i don't book surfs up due to the preferred extra cost. like i said before, i have taken surfs up when it was a free upgrade though. no complaints from me on that gift!

i hear you on the flaming in some of the threads.
it's like a train wreck.
but, i do go back at times and read to see "who is winning" this arguement.:rotfl:

fancy nancy, you have to stay with us here.
mac 101 rule is once you post, you are a voting/posting member in this thread.
it is too late for you to leave us........::yes::

That was SG joking around about not promoting TD or it will all be booked up. ;) She is always joking around about something. :thumbsup2 I think I have said similar in the past in jest because in all honesty how many people would have to come on this thread and go at least a day before I check in to book up all those rooms. lol I am glad your cool now and no need to be sorry I know I've been there too. You seem like a good person and we need to keep the good ones coming back. :flower3:

i've read your and SG's posts over the months/years and know you both are nice homies. then i follow suit and joke too.
i need to start reading my posts before i submit them when i post late in the night............sometimes what i mean to write doesn't sound like what i really want to say....

anyhoot, i prefer Sports over pop, music and movies.
i have been tempted to try music but then i remember that the first bus stop is at sports and i always want a seat on the bus rather than stand....:laughing:

FancyNancy, I am so sorry. I was just joking around. I am harmless, I promise!:hug:

BTW, I love your name because there is a great series of children's books out with that name and they promote better vocabularies and anyone who knows me knows I love me some words! Verbosity is my middle name and it gets me into trouble now and then.

I promise you that I am the worst on this thread and while I mess up occasionally I would never be mean to anyone - at least anyone who is not being mean to someone else. :rotfl:

SG, who still worries about someone taking her favorite room at AS. They can have it after and before I am there though:dance3:

I hope no one flames anyone on this thread.
We all love Disney!!! otherwise why would we be here????

Everyone has there opinion but you do not have to be mean about it.

I will probably get flamed for this. lol :furious:

Sorry, MickMan, I done used up my daily allotment of mean today. You will have to come back tomorrow. Get in line early as it usually gone by the time I swing my legs out of bed in the morning with scant hopes of a new shipment at any time during that particular day. :thumbsup2

I am too busy getting ready to leave for DW in a few days and from what I hear the new finger scanners automatically take the pure meanness out of you before you enter the park. They have also added medication to the water spray areas in case anyone is in need of a renewal.:woohoo:

Those who flame, either for the pure fun of it or whatever just need to be treated like small children and ignored until they decide to play nice. IMO:teacher:

SG

They have put the happy stuff in Dole Whips, MS cinnamon buns, and the Mickey Bars as well, just in case. :mickeybar

Disney is so sneaky that they also put so much to see in each park that you are never able to see it all in one trip and have to keep returning in hopes that one day you might. :faint:

I am working on my 25th year or so and have never mastered it, yet.:crazy2:

SG

They have put the happy stuff in Dole Whips, MS cinnamon buns, and the Mickey Bars as well, just in case. :mickeybar

Disney is so sneaky that they also put so much to see in each park that you are never able to see it all in one trip and have to keep returning in hopes that one day you might. :faint:

I am working on my 25th year or so and have never mastered it, yet.:crazy2:

SG

That's what makes it so fun:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter