Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I'm here. I've just been kind of a lurky jerky lately though because my trip isn't until Sept 7th. Any news on the Surfboard Bay refurb? I'd love to hear how it turned out! :flower3:

I'm here. I've just been kind of a lurky jerky lately though because my trip isn't until Sept 7th. Any news on the Surfboard Bay refurb? I'd love to hear how it turned out! :flower3:

Pool looks the same as 3 years ago but now has a lift near the wash house to aid entry into the pool

Thanks! I usually stay in the Surf's Up section but I think I'm going to request Touchdown this time. I've also stayed in Center Court. Does anyone have a favorite section?

Thanks! I usually stay in the Surf's Up section but I think I'm going to request Touchdown this time. I've also stayed in Center Court. Does anyone have a favorite section?

i have stayed at Surfs Up, both of them, many times.

I started staying at touchdown 10 about 5 years ago.
have stayed twice at touchdown 7.

my favorite building is touchdown 10, the side nearest the food court.

I like the preferred section, Surfs Up, as well but would settle for Touchdown anytime. You are still very close to the main lobby.

I like the preferred section, Surfs Up, as well but would settle for Touchdown anytime. You are still very close to the main lobby.

My DD8 also pointed out that she wants to stay in Touchdown because it's between the Surfboard Bay pool and the Homerun pool. You can tell what her priorities are! :rotfl2:

i have stayed at Surfs Up, both of them, many times.

I started staying at touchdown 10 about 5 years ago.
have stayed twice at touchdown 7.

my favorite building is touchdown 10, the side nearest the food court.

I agree it's a perfect location! Not too far to walk to refill those drinks which will be a concern for me in Sept because I am bringing my mother along.

This bounced back so I am reposting. I had wondered why I had not gotten any replies to my silly comment. :lmao:

"I have a red walker, all decked out, and it will please you to know that I
wait my turn for the bus as it has a seat and I can do that. Just cannot
stand for long periods of time. I am a very thoughtful person and that is
why everyone loves me, that and the fact that I am so modest. grin"

I am going to quit posting why I like Touchdown because there might be too much competition for me. :banana: Actually there are valid reasons for folks to like pretty much every building according to what they like. I went on a trip where I was to meet a whole bunch of DISERS one year and the person in charge preferred the furthest building and top floor. I had to do some scrambling to get out of that one. :cool1:

Counting down the days and have so much to do before I leave. I just am not as organized as usual. Might be because I am so much closer and can go so much more often that I longer devote so much of my free time thinking and dreaming and more actually getting to do other things as well. :goodvibes

I sure am not missing that two day drive.

SG

Posting back to let everyone know that the whole surf pool area is closed including the kiddie pool. I spoke to the front desk and they told me that the surf pool will now be a zero entry pool once the refurbishment is complete. And they didn't mention anything new about the kiddie pool but I'm sure the kiddie pool is just being refurbished and typical maintenance.

So I'm guessing the zero entry didn't actually happen, or did it.

T

I am going to quit posting why I like Touchdown because there might be too much competition for me. :banana: Actually there are valid reasons for folks to like pretty much every building according to what they like.

SG

I agree with your about Touchdown SlightlyGoofy.....but again there is not a bad building in the whole resort......I would stay in any of them....for sure. ::yes::

We always ask for touchdown building because DS is a pool lover and it is the best of both worlds with a pool at each end for him. The only drawback is I can never get a pool chair at the main pool. lol

I am sad there will be no zero entry because I just thought it would be neat but not surprised it was just a rumor by the front desk.

Hi Ang! Maybe the fact that they have wifi will make up a bit for the chair? I saw where they now have it at AK as well.

SG

Hi Ang! Maybe the fact that they have wifi will make up a bit for the chair? I saw where they now have it at AK as well.

SG

Yeah, I can just picture myself standing out by the pool with no chair to be found while typing on my laptop. lol I will have to take the computer to one of the parks and sit on a bench out front just to enjoy that wifi. :rotfl:

There are always the bleachers or get a pool side room where you can sit at the tiny table in those very comfortable chairs. :rotfl2:

I have a tablet but darned if I will tote it in my purse all day long. I wish I could justify the expense of a smart phone but alas my imagination just cannot achieve that goal.:sad:

SG/who would rather just enjoy the visit than to do be in constant communication.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter