Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know if there are typically large student/sports groups at ASports the second week of June? We are booked at CBR, but may have to downgrade due to unexpected truck repairs yesterday. We have stayed at ASMo, ASmu, and Pop, but DS has mentioned Sports and I would like to stay there barring any huge groups at that time.

There is a website for WWS that posts the big sport events but that just means they could be put in any or all of the values and possibly some moderates. Here is the link http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/find/

Hi everyone!

I am back. Have second thoughts about the January trip as there was just too much profanity this trip. By me.:rotfl2: I would rather take an unpotty trained child with me than a grown man who keeps trying to run over people or run out into traffic. One would think that forty years of practice would be enough but I am no longer able to run fast enough to catch him.

Had several special moments and I will write about them when I feel a bit better. I think the darned tumble monkey done gave me a bug.:sick:

The cups at the resort were turquoise and pink topped and if anyone saw the lime green Christmas decorated room that was ME!:cool1:

SG

Hi everyone!

I am back. Have second thoughts about the January trip as there was just too much profanity this trip. By me.:rotfl2: I would rather take an unpotty trained child with me than a grown man who keeps trying to run over people or run out into traffic. One would think that forty years of practice would be enough but I am no longer able to run fast enough to catch him.

Had several special moments and I will write about them when I feel a bit better. I think the darned tumble monkey done gave me a bug.:sick:

The cups at the resort were turquoise and pink topped and if anyone saw the lime green Christmas decorated room that was ME!:cool1:

SG

Uh oh.. Sounds like you didn't have a great time? I removed my ticker as I have to push my trip back to the end of February:mad::mad:

Hi there Luster

It was not so bad but as my husband gets more and more difficult and I was not feeling so well it just was not as much fun as I had hoped. It takes a lot of effort to get him to the things he says he wants and then he does not really look at them etc. and it is a constant strain to try to keep him calm and not going off the rails. We were going into the American show when a young man ran out screaming and Tom was shocked at his behavior but it is just what his is without constant control. :scared:Getting on and off the buses was difficult even with help from other passengers. A lot of work and not much fun, for me.

I did have some special moments here and there though and will write more later. I have lost 10 pounds since I left though. I am feeling a bit better today.

I am sorry you have to change your dates but might there not be more to see in February than January? :flower3:

SG

Hi there Luster

It was not so bad but as my husband gets more and more difficult and I was not feeling so well it just was not as much fun as I had hoped. It takes a lot of effort to get him to the things he says he wants and then he does not really look at them etc. and it is a constant strain to try to keep him calm and not going off the rails. We were going into the American show when a young man ran out screaming and Tom was shocked at his behavior but it is just what his is without constant control. :scared:Getting on and off the buses was difficult even with help from other passengers. A lot of work and not much fun, for me.

I did have some special moments here and there though and will write more later. I have lost 10 pounds since I left though. I am feeling a bit better today.

I am sorry you have to change your dates but might there not be more to see in February than January? :flower3:

SG

Sorry you had a rough time. I am kind of sad I have to keep pushing my trip back but I will get there some day:) The nerve of college teaching and work:rotfl::rotfl:

Luster, I have a single sister who has always said that she only works to afford her trips. :thumbsup2

Make sure to save some money from all that working so that when you retire and have more time you will have the money too.:cool1:

SG

Luster, I have a single sister who has always said that she only works to afford her trips. :thumbsup2

Make sure to save some money from all that working so that when you retire and have more time you will have the money too.:cool1:

SG

When I retire I am going to live in Orlando for half of the year and work at disney driving the MK train:thumbsup2:thumbsup2.

I like your goal Luster. Mine would be to be a Fairy Godmother but I am afraid that I would get rich spoiled kids and I rather enjoy the ones who cannot afford me more. :cool1:

SG

Welcome back SG. I am sorry Tom gave you such a hard time but always remember it reflects bad on him not you. I wish you felt better while you were there. Being sick at Disney is not fun. Remember the year I got the swine flu and then DS got it and we spent a week in our room at ASports? It's just not fun when you can't enjoy it to it's fullest. Then again there is no better place to be under the weather all at the same time.

I can't wait to hear the Tom stories when you feel up to it. Oh and you would make a wonderful Fairy Godmother if you just remember even the rich spoiled kids are just kids who are misguided and need a Fairy Godmother too, right?

Ang, I got lucky and did not come down sick until the first night home. One of those darned tumble monkeys got me I fear. Not kidding either. :eek:

It might reflect on Tom but I do not want other people hurt. One episode was quite good though and I made sure to praise him highly. At the EPCOT ticket place three young boys behind him were rousting about and he handled it far better than I had feared. He has been known to threaten bodily harm to children who are playing around. He seemed pleased at my praise. :thumbsup2

It is not the rich spoiled children that I do not want to deal with but their parents. I love all children, including the ones who have it 'all'. :flower3:

I am going back to lay down now. I may eat something, later.

SG

MickMan said:
Has anyone been there around Christmas time? Do they decorate alot or just a tree in the lobby?

Thanks!:santa:

Yes they do. I was just there and try had Christmas trees and wreaths up. It was pretty.

Ang, I got lucky and did not come down sick until the first night home. One of those darned tumble monkeys got me I fear. Not kidding either. :eek:

It might reflect on Tom but I do not want other people hurt. One episode was quite good though and I made sure to praise him highly. At the EPCOT ticket place three young boys behind him were rousting about and he handled it far better than I had feared. He has been known to threaten bodily harm to children who are playing around. He seemed pleased at my praise. :thumbsup2

It is not the rich spoiled children that I do not want to deal with but their parents. I love all children, including the ones who have it 'all'. :flower3:

I am going back to lay down now. I may eat something, later.

SG

Well I am glad it didn't happen till you got home. Now to ask what is a tumble monkey?

I am sure the day will come where a parent will tell Tom where to go and threaten him back. I wonder if that would stop him? Problably not.

I understand about the parents and have a Disney spoiled parent story for you when we talk next.

I hope you feel better soon.

Ang

Hi all! I just booked 2 nights at ASSp for just over a week from today! This would probably be my last choice of the values, but with the passholder discount it is the cheapest available and my parents are paying (late bday present) so I'll take it :) I have a couple of questions and if they've been answered on previous pages I apologize; this is a bit of a long thread.

1) Which buildings are the preferred rooms?

2) I would like to request a section that is fairly quiet and close to parking. Any recommendations?

3) Has the entire resort been refurbed recently, or just certain rooms? Which rooms were refurbed most recently?

parkhopping said:
Hi all! I just booked 2 nights at ASSp for just over a week from today! This would probably be my last choice of the values, but with the passholder discount it is the cheapest available and my parents are paying (late bday present) so I'll take it :) I have a couple of questions and if they've been answered on previous pages I apologize; this is a bit of a long thread.

1) Which buildings are the preferred rooms?

2) I would like to request a section that is fairly quiet and close to parking. Any recommendations?

3) Has the entire resort been refurbed recently, or just certain rooms? Which rooms were refurbed most recently?

Preferred are surfs up

Surfs up is quiet on the back side and close to the parking lot ( building closest to bus stops)

Surfs up was being refurbed when I was there last week. I don't know if they had just started or were almost done. They finished surfs up in 2 days.

Preferred are surfs up

Surfs up is quiet on the back side and close to the parking lot ( building closest to bus stops)

Surfs up was being refurbed when I was there last week. I don't know if they had just started or were almost done. They finished surfs up in 2 days.

Thanks! We booked standard so Surf's Up is out, unfortunately. Aside from being close to everything, it would be my favorite theme choice. Oh well. Anybody have a standard section to recommend, or know which of those was refurbed most recently?

Not sure when it was refurbed last but I had no complaints when I stayed there last. You already learned Surf's up is preferred. When I think quiet and close to parking I think basketball or tennis rooms in back. If you want closer to main building, parking but noisier I would say baseball or building 7 of football. Building 10 has a tiny section of parking that is actually on the end of the baseball building and it fills up fast. HTH

Thanks! I was thinking about tennis and I think that's what I will request unless someone has a better suggestion :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter