Disney Y.E.S. Program

Im am interested in the YES program for our October trip. It will be me, DH, DS16, DD13, DD4 and my mom. It looks like grandma wont be able to get a ticket.
If my dd13 is the only one taking a class, how many other tickets can we get? I thought I read that you could get them for all immediate family, but from previous posts, it looks like there is a limit. How do I find out how many we can get.
I called earlier and spoke with a CM (but didnt ask that question because I thought we could get them for the whole family) but she did say that they are expecting enrollement to open up the end of March or first of April for my timeframe.
She also said that the payment for the tickets would be due 6 weeks before travel. So I am assuming I would sign up when it opens up, but not pay any money till later?
She really didnt seem to have a good grasp of things and had to keep putting me on hold, so I thought I would clarify things with the Disers in the know:thumbsup2

Im am interested in the YES program for our October trip. It will be me, DH, DS16, DD13, DD4 and my mom. It looks like grandma wont be able to get a ticket.
If my dd13 is the only one taking a class, how many other tickets can we get? I thought I read that you could get them for all immediate family, but from previous posts, it looks like there is a limit. How do I find out how many we can get.
I called earlier and spoke with a CM (but didnt ask that question because I thought we could get them for the whole family) but she did say that they are expecting enrollement to open up the end of March or first of April for my timeframe.
She also said that the payment for the tickets would be due 6 weeks before travel. So I am assuming I would sign up when it opens up, but not pay any money till later?
She really didnt seem to have a good grasp of things and had to keep putting me on hold, so I thought I would clarify things with the Disers in the know:thumbsup2

I would think you and your DH and the child taking the class would be the only ones who could get the YES tickets. If you can convince your DS16 to take the class, you could get 2 more and just have to pay for Grandma's.

Hmmm... In a response email I got, the CM said that tickets must be purchased during registration. (I took that to mean I had to provide my CC # on the registration form.) She didn't say anything about payment being due 6 weeks prior to the class. :confused3

I just wanted to give a quick review of the Ocean Discoveries class we did this week at Epcot. I took oldest DD to the class (she turned 8 on the trip), and there were 7 students total. The class seemed really young. We were able to get tickets for our whole family (5 tickets total) and had to pay for our tickets when we registered. We picked them up at the T & T center. I forgot my confirmation paper at the hotel and they were very nice about finding them for me. You do need the original CC and a photo ID for the main contact person.

The class started at 8:30 and all of it was at the Seas building. Our instructor seemed very passionate about conservation and we did a lot of cute activities. A couple of the activities were a little boring and seemed to go over the heads of most of the students. We rode Nemo once and saw the fish feeding at the aquarium. I think the class was a tad too long. It felt like they were just reaching for something to talk about towards the end. Overall my DD enjoyed the class and found it informative. There were a lot of shy kids in the class, so mostly the same kids answered all the questions. It was well worth the savings and we'd like to try another class soon.

we are going to (as soon as its available) sign up for the 5-8 yo 'How Things Move'. Does anyone know the approx. time it starts? I know its at the MK. ALso, this will be the 6/18 class. If there's no concrete answer yet, I understand. Just hoping there might be.

Does it start before the 9am opening? Right at 9am? Later in the morning? Afternoon?

Also, the description says 2.5-3 hours. I'm planning on it being 3 hours. Any suggestions or experience on length of time of the program?

Also, I have read the description, just just curious. Is anyone able to share a first hand experience of what the program is? What did you do? What were the activities? How did you like it?

The Jan/Feb 'How Things Move' classes started at 8:15 and lasted 2.5 hours. Those classes aren't listed on the YES site any more, but I jotted down the details several weeks ago when looking for classes for DS who will be 8 when we go. I'm guessing schedules will be similar. I don't have a first hand experience to share.

How Things Move - Magic Kingdom - 8:15 - 2.5 hrs (5-8)
Wild by Nature - Animal Kingdom - 8:30 - 3 hrs (7-14)
Ocean Discoveries - Epcot - 8:30 - 3 hrs (8-11)
Synergy in Science - Epcot - 8:45 - 3 hrs (6-11)
The American Story - Magic Kingdom - 7:15 - 3 hrs (8-11)

I just wanted to give a quick review of the Ocean Discoveries class we did this week at Epcot. I took oldest DD to the class (she turned 8 on the trip), and there were 7 students total. The class seemed really young. We were able to get tickets for our whole family (5 tickets total) and had to pay for our tickets when we registered. We picked them up at the T & T center. I forgot my confirmation paper at the hotel and they were very nice about finding them for me. You do need the original CC and a photo ID for the main contact person.

The class started at 8:30 and all of it was at the Seas building. Our instructor seemed very passionate about conservation and we did a lot of cute activities. A couple of the activities were a little boring and seemed to go over the heads of most of the students. We rode Nemo once and saw the fish feeding at the aquarium. I think the class was a tad too long. It felt like they were just reaching for something to talk about towards the end. Overall my DD enjoyed the class and found it informative. There were a lot of shy kids in the class, so mostly the same kids answered all the questions. It was well worth the savings and we'd like to try another class soon.

Thank you for this review, this sounds like a class my oldest kids would enjoy. I am definitely interested in the YES program and will look into it for our next trip as we are also considering staying offsite in a condo.

I would think you and your DH and the child taking the class would be the only ones who could get the YES tickets. If you can convince your DS16 to take the class, you could get 2 more and just have to pay for Grandma's.

I wonder why it says you can get tickets for the immediate family then. What is the ratio of class taker(s) to the amount of tickets you can buy?

Hmmm... In a response email I got, the CM said that tickets must be purchased during registration. (I took that to mean I had to provide my CC # on the registration form.) She didn't say anything about payment being due 6 weeks prior to the class. :confused3

Like I said, the CM I talked with didnt seem too knowledgeable. I was really hoping we didnt have pay in full right then. Can anyone confirm how and when you actually pay for the tickets.

Like I said, the CM I talked with didnt seem too knowledgeable. I was really hoping we didnt have pay in full right then. Can anyone confirm how and when you actually pay for the tickets.

You have to pay for all the tickets you are purchasing when you register your student/child.

When you register for the classes - once they are available - you have to pay for them with a CC at the time of booking it. You cant use gift cards and the tickets are then non-transferable and non-refundable.

Did the class include any experiments, fish feeding, other hands on activity?

Did the class include any experiments, fish feeding, other hands on activity?

We didn't actually get to feed the fish; we just watched the divers do it. The activities were more object lessons. There were hands on activities, but we didn't get to touch any fish or get close to them. We went backstage to a room for one activity.

I wonder why it says you can get tickets for the immediate family then. What is the ratio of class taker(s) to the amount of tickets you can buy?

We were able to purchase tickets for our whole family and only one of my DD's did a class. (So we bought tickets for 2 adults and 3 children). Last year we could buy tickets for grandparents, but not this year. Also you do have to pay for tickets immediately when you register with a CC.

We're going the first week in June, so no YES Program for us. May be we'll just extend our vacation by a week!:cool1:

We were actually thinking the same thing. Dont know if its a pipe dream or not. dw 7 ds5 will be in MK in the morning of a planned epcot day. After the class we were going to monorail it to epcot. However, I had the thought of, what if I could get dw & ds5's tickets and take ds2 over early. And line up a couple of fp for later use.

Scanning the ticket at MK and trying to use it at epcot for fast passes will not work. The other poster will be scanning the ticket to enter the park and then handing them to someone who will be entering that same park.

You can sign up a maximum of 6 children and 4 adults. The adults cannot be more than the number of children except in the case of 1 child, it will allow you to enter 2 adults. Only 1 adult can attend the class regardless of the amount of children taking that class.

An interesting questions was just mentioned. It doesn't apply to us this year. However, it will next year.

Next year we will sign our ds6 up for a close. However, our ds3 will be too old to be free and too young take a class. Will we have to pay full price for a ticket or is the YES program understanding of that situation. I completely understand limiting to prevent abuse by having several adults get tickets to accompany 1 child. I can understand not including adult aged children. However, what if the youngest child falls into that 3-4 age range? This happened to anyone since the rules changed?

You can purchase a ticket for youngest child

You have to pay for all the tickets you are purchasing when you register your student/child.

When you register for the classes - once they are available - you have to pay for them with a CC at the time of booking it. You cant use gift cards and the tickets are then non-transferable and non-refundable.

We were able to purchase tickets for our whole family and only one of my DD's did a class. (So we bought tickets for 2 adults and 3 children). Last year we could buy tickets for grandparents, but not this year. Also you do have to pay for tickets immediately when you register with a CC.

Thanks everyone for confirming you pay when you sign up:thumbsup2 I didnt feel like the CM was correct.

You can sign up a maximum of 6 children and 4 adults. The adults cannot be more than the number of children except in the case of 1 child, it will allow you to enter 2 adults. Only 1 adult can attend the class regardless of the amount of children taking that class.

I am not concerned about the amount of children I can register....I have one that wants to take a class...but I am not sure how many tickets I can purchase for the rest of our family from her registration.
If I have the one child registered for the class, and a parent registered for the class...I still have DH, DS16 and DD3 that I want to buy tickets for at the discounted price. A Previous Poster indicated I could only get 2A and 1C (thats in the class) if I registered this way. Do I have to have DS take a class to get tickets for the whole family?

Thanks for the review. My youngest is doing this class in two weeks. Did you receive any other type of confirmation before your trip? All I have is my printed confirmation from when I booked it but I was wondering if we will get anything to let us know the class has enough kids and will be held. Thanks!

Thanks for the review. My youngest is doing this class in two weeks. Did you receive any other type of confirmation before your trip? All I have is my printed confirmation from when I booked it but I was wondering if we will get anything to let us know the class has enough kids and will be held. Thanks!

Yes, I received an email confirmation about a week before the class saying that we were confirmed for the class.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter