Disney Y.E.S. Program

I lost my link to the class schedule from last year, but it looked like most of the classes started at 7:45 or 8:30am. Of course that may change for this year.

Wow! That early? If that has been the case I am glad. Earlier the class starts, earlier its over and we can reconnect as a family.

So, the classes start long before the park opens? That's pretty cool

Hope no one is bothered by the reposting of theis, but just trying to plan and worried these questions were missed. Does anyone know anything about my questions? Thank you for your help.

I lost my link to the class schedule from last year, but it looked like most of the classes started at 7:45 or 8:30am. Of course that may change for this year.

I don't have any personal experience, but I would be interested in reading responses to your questions as well. This is the same class I'm planning to sign my two younger kids up for (in Aug). My youngest is 6, so this is the only class he can take.

We did this class last year our first YES program. It was cute. If Im correct we were there at 8AM an hour before park opens, but our guide was late so we didnt get started till after 8. The class is 3 hours long. They take you to the Rapunzel area first and the kids get to do "experiments" using magnest and water and things like that. Then we rode Winnie then Dumbo (this might be reversed my mind is old:rolleyes1) but we did have to stand in line like everyone else and that took awhile. Then she would stop and gather all the kids up to talk about how energy works and do a few more of the experiments. Then you git your potty break :) The last one was the people mover but we had an 11AM BBB appt. so she allowed us to cut the class short since she had gotten a late start. It was great..nice way to spend a few hours in the park and you get the huge discounts on the tickets. My DD is super excited cause this year she wants to do the AK one :)

Can grandparents sign up a grandchild, get discount tickets and take a child to a Y.E.S. class? Or is the program only available to parent/child pairs? I understand that a parent cannot sign up a child and also get tickets for grandparents, but what if the grandparents are taking the child to WDW?

I called about this last month and was told that since we were grandparents bringing our grandchildren, and their parents wouldn't be there, that we were considered to be taking the place of the parents, and as such, would be able to purchase YES tix for ourselves and the grandchildren.
So, according to the CM I spoke with, the answer is YES!

We have an approved group program during March 2012. I'm offering them up before we update the party details and let the discounted tickets go. The more the merry!

:grouphug:

We have an approved group program during March 2012. I'm offering them up before we update the party details and let the discounted tickets go. The more the merry!

:grouphug:

If you're offering it online to strangers at random, it's not an approved group - - and it would be extremely unwise for anyone to send money to a poster with one post.

We are planning a trip for me, DH, DS8, and DD21. DS8 will attend a program, and I need to buy 3 adult tickets. But it seems I will be able to buy only 3 discounted tickets, not including DD. Is this right? The enrollment page has a line to enter each student attending a program and the student's age plus each adult for which a ticket is needed. I tried entering DS on the student line and me, DH, and DD on the adult lines and got an error message that I could not purchase this many adult tickets.

Here are the rules on the enrollment form: "These tickets are only available for immediate family members and adult chaperones of participating youth. As a requirement, we are not allowed to have more adults purchasing tickets than youth. However, families with only one child may purchase for up to two tickets for parents. Please note, only one parent/adult chaperone is allowed to attend Individual Enrollment classes with their students."

It seems as though all would be fine if we had 3 children eligible to attend the program, which doesn't make sense. What about families with one child eligible for a program and additional 3 and 4 year olds too young to attend a program but too old for free admission, or with teenagers too old to attend a program? Do these families have to buy some discounted tickets through the YES program and purchase additional tickets another way for family members who don't fall in the student age range? I know Disney had to put some boundaries on the tickets in the spirit of making the discount available to immediate family members of children attending a program, but this seems to unfairly penalize families without the right makeup.

Am I missing something, or is really how enrollment works now?

You are correct I believe but just get the yes tickets for you, dh, and ds and then buy a full price ticket for dd. you will still be savings $100s of dollars.

Also, just my opinion for what it's worth...they are not penalizing you they are graciously allowing you 3 half price tickets. It's all in the way you look at it. :goodvibes

Also, just my opinion for what it's worth...they are not penalizing you they are graciously allowing you 3 half price tickets. It's all in the way you look at it. :goodvibes

THAT is a fantastic attitude! Love this! :thumbsup2

Family of 7, 2 parents, 5 kids. So if 4 kids are YES participants, I can purchase 3 more tickets? Will the system let me purchase a ticket for DS19 since I do have more partipants than extra tickets? Will DD12 need a parent to attend if she has 3 older siblings there? Thanks!

Family of 7, 2 parents, 5 kids. So if 4 kids are YES participants, I can purchase 3 more tickets? Will the system let me purchase a ticket for DS19 since I do have more partipants than extra tickets? Will DD12 need a parent to attend if she has 3 older siblings there? Thanks!

Yes, you ca purchase for up to 4 other immediate family members, since 4 kids are participating. If any of the kids are under 13, or maybe 13 or under(I can't remember which), they need an adult chaperone.

When you enter a park do to the YES program, do they scan your ticket? I was wondering if I would be able to then pass back those scanned tickets to DH so when he enters Epcot at 9am opening, he is able to get our Soarin FPs. That is our only Epcot day, so I hate to miss out on getting those early FPs. Also, will a ticket booth be open at say, 7:30, when the program starts, because our program date is actually our first park day? If not, where else on property can I pick up our passes besides at the parks?

Thanks a bunch!

An interesting questions was just mentioned. It doesn't apply to us this year. However, it will next year.

Next year we will sign our ds6 up for a close. However, our ds3 will be too old to be free and too young take a class. Will we have to pay full price for a ticket or is the YES program understanding of that situation. I completely understand limiting to prevent abuse by having several adults get tickets to accompany 1 child. I can understand not including adult aged children. However, what if the youngest child falls into that 3-4 age range? This happened to anyone since the rules changed?

When you enter a park do to the YES program, do they scan your ticket? I was wondering if I would be able to then pass back those scanned tickets to DH so when he enters Epcot at 9am opening, he is able to get our Soarin FPs. That is our only Epcot day, so I hate to miss out on getting those early FPs. Also, will a ticket booth be open at say, 7:30, when the program starts, because our program date is actually our first park day? If not, where else on property can I pick up our passes besides at the parks?

Thanks a bunch!

We were actually thinking the same thing. Dont know if its a pipe dream or not. dw 7 ds5 will be in MK in the morning of a planned epcot day. After the class we were going to monorail it to epcot. However, I had the thought of, what if I could get dw & ds5's tickets and take ds2 over early. And line up a couple of fp for later use.

Thanks a bunch!

They do scan them, but we were able to hand our tickets off to my DH and he went and got all our fast passes for us then we just met back up after the class,

Not sure on the open booth question we had ours mailed last year

They do scan them, but we were able to hand our tickets off to my DH and he went and got all our fast passes for us then we just met back up after the class,

Not sure on the open booth question we had ours mailed last year

Thank you, I didn't realize you could have them mailed. That will work!

Subscribing to this thread. I'm watching and waiting for October registration to open. Dd did the nature program at AK last year and it was awesome. If we can get in another program we can go again this October :cool1:.

Thanks a bunch!

We did this when our boys took their class. We just told the CM what we wanted to do and they handed them back over the turnstile after they were scanned. We collected a few FPs while they were in the class.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter