Disney Y.E.S. Program

I know. I check every single day, several times. There aren't a LOT of options for the week we'll be there, so I really want to get the classes I want. I'm so afraid I'll miss the release date, then miss out alltogether.

Come on, Disney!!!

I know. I check every single day, several times. There aren't a LOT of options for the week we'll be there, so I really want to get the classes I want. I'm so afraid I'll miss the release date, then miss out alltogether.

Come on, Disney!!!

Our dates had to change and the week we could now go only has classes for my younger kids. WEll actually there are two classes for my older two but they aren't interested in the animation or photography. so it looks like we won't be going to WDW after all. :( And still here I am checking into this thread. Is that sad or what???!!??

Just curious. What June class are people waiting for to open?

I would love to make connections with other participants before the event for our son's class.

I check it everyday in the beginning with my coffee. Now that are going to hit Feb. I'll prob be checking 2-3 times a day until it happens.

I find it SO frustrating that a company the size of Disney can't just commit to what date they will open registration. Why, oh why, can't someone in the YES office pick a firm date, and tell those that inquire? I am currently checking everyday for both the YES program and the Fantasmic Dinner package (which is way over the 180 mark). I don't think it is fair to treat it's "guests" like this. I have a life. I am busy. I also don't have a firm grasp on how many family members I can get tickets for. Some people on the dis have been told one outside family member per student, while others have been told you can get as many other tickets as you need as long as they are for immediate family members. Ugh.

I just found out that my grandson has the week in Feb off after all. they were thinking of having the kids go to school then to make up for missed days but they havne't missed that much since the winter has been mild so far.
So he will be going to FL with me that week since he has no day care here.
I checked the YES site and there are no openings available BUT when I called I was told that there were some cancellations BUT they are run by an offsite company so they cant register me in the program.
So if they have cancellations I guess they would rather have less kids in the group than open it up for someone who wants to go.

Just curious. What June class are people waiting for to open?

I would love to make connections with other participants before the event for our son's class.

I check it everyday in the beginning with my coffee. Now that are going to hit Feb. I'll prob be checking 2-3 times a day until it happens.

This is a great idea.

We are not going in June, so we won't see you.

I am hoping for August 20th:
- How Things Move for my then DS6 and DD8
- World of Physics for my DD13

If we don't get into How Things Move (the only class available for my youngest), my two girls would like to do Wild By Nature on the 21st.

Anybody else?

Do they spend more time indoors or outdoors for these classes? We are looking at June classes and my kids are worried they will be out in the hot sun for too long. I know they go on rides/shows, but is there a classroom too?

Is anybody waiting for July 4th?
That's the only class we'll be elibible for during our dates.
Would love to "meet" anyone else also considering that class.

Do they spend more time indoors or outdoors for these classes? We are looking at June classes and my kids are worried they will be out in the hot sun for too long. I know they go on rides/shows, but is there a classroom too?

Ours didnt go inside a classroom, but we were in plenty of shade while we were taking the class.

Our dates had to change and the week we could now go only has classes for my younger kids. WEll actually there are two classes for my older two but they aren't interested in the animation or photography. so it looks like we won't be going to WDW after all. :( And still here I am checking into this thread. Is that sad or what???!!??

I could be very wrong, but isn't one child in a class enough to get tickets for the siblings?

And if taking a single three hour class was going to make the difference between going to Disney and not going, it would be a no brainer for my kids, regardless of the level of interest in the class.

And if taking a single three hour class was going to make the difference between going to Disney and not going, it would be a no brainer for my kids, regardless of the level of interest in the class.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Sometimes you have to take one for the team:rotfl:

I could be very wrong, but isn't one child in a class enough to get tickets for the siblings?

Yeah, even if one child in the family is taking the class - you can get YES tickets for the whole family. And I agree - if a class on cartoons was what stood between my kids and Disney - they would be all for it. And even if they hated Disney, and all that kept ME from Disney was my kid taking a 3 hr. class on cartoons - I would make sure to make it worth their while to get interested in a 3 hr. class on cartoons.

Yeah, even if one child in the family is taking the class - you can get YES tickets for the whole family. And I agree - if a class on cartoons was what stood between my kids and Disney - they would be all for it. And even if they hated Disney, and all that kept ME from Disney was my kid taking a 3 hr. class on cartoons - I would make sure to make it worth their while to get interested in a 3 hr. class on cartoons.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I have been waiting for July classes to open. Does anyone know if the tickets are refundable if for some reason you can't make the trip? We are definately planning on going, but buying tickets this far in advance makes me nervous...never know what can happen between now and then. Also, can you pay for the tickets with Disney gift cards?

I have been waiting for July classes to open. Does anyone know if the tickets are refundable if for some reason you can't make the trip? We are definately planning on going, but buying tickets this far in advance makes me nervous...never know what can happen between now and then. Also, can you pay for the tickets with Disney gift cards?

From what my confirmation said last year they are non-refundable and non-transferable. You cannot pay with gift cards for them.

We are doing a YES program at the end of Aug. We've done 4 others, three were really fun and 1 was a little less interesting. This time we are thinking of doing the Ocean Discoveries class. Does anyone have any experience with this class? I'd love to hear any feedback positive or negative. It looks like the kids will enjoy it but I wanted to get some feedback to make sure. I don't want a repeat of last year.

We are doing a YES program at the end of Aug. We've done 4 others, three were really fun and 1 was a little less interesting. This time we are thinking of doing the Ocean Discoveries class. Does anyone have any experience with this class? I'd love to hear any feedback positive or negative. It looks like the kids will enjoy it but I wanted to get some feedback to make sure. I don't want a repeat of last year.

What were the classes you enjoyed?

We will be there over a span of two weeks, so there are several options my girls could do (although the "How Things Move" class is the only one for which my DS meets the age requirement)

Since both my flights and my YES tickets will be non-refundable, I got trip insurance to cover both.

I can eat the $300 or so for one night at the Beach Club. But I'm not going without insurance for $1300 in airfare and $1000 in park tickets.

Since both my flights and my YES tickets will be non-refundable, I got trip insurance to cover both.

I can eat the $300 or so for one night at the Beach Club. But I'm not going without insurance for $1300 in airfare and $1000 in park tickets.

Do you mind if I ask where you got the insurance? I have done trip insurance when I booked through Disney before, but does Disney offer it for the YES program tickets too? What does it run?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter