Disney Wonder Panama Canal May 01, 2016

Probably with the weak ports a lot of people will be thinking the same thing. But with all the sea days maybe not

They may be weak but I will get off in each. Cozumel has a little restaurant I love. Cartegana has coffee I love. I've never been to Puerto Vallarta yet (scheduled last year but we skipped because of political violence). Cabo I love walking the beach and seeing the ship against the rocks. I actually would love to spend all day on an empty ship. I think I'll get an hour or two of it in each port.

But I do agree as far as shore excursions go they are rather weak ports.

Is it really only 16 weeks until we go to sleep on the ship?!?!

Well I am not getting off because I have been to these places before. I never eat in port because I have already paid for food on the ship and I don't like paying for my meal twice. Now I will admit, one of the nicest malls I have ever been to is across the street almost from where we dock in Puerto Vallarta. I might get off there to go to Starbucks and use the Internet for free.

Hello: Is anyone planning to organize a recipe exchange? They had this on the two Disney transatlantic cruises we were on.

Hello: Is anyone planning to organize a recipe exchange? They had this on the two Disney transatlantic cruises we were on.

Yes I have one started. All I need is your name where you are from (if you want to add that) and your stateroom and an email to send you the list. It is a postcard recipe exchange, which just means that you put the recipe on a postcard from your area or state. Just adds a little to it.

Yes I have one started. All I need is your name where you are from (if you want to add that) and your stateroom and an email to send you the list. It is a postcard recipe exchange, which just means that you put the recipe on a postcard from your area or state. Just adds a little to it.

I didn't realize you put the recipe on a postcard from my area or state. I LOVE this idea!!!

I didn't realize you put the recipe on a postcard from my area or state. I LOVE this idea!!!

I don't remember where I found the idea, but it has been the way I have done it on several cruises and has gone over very well.

I don't remember where I found the idea, but it has been the way I have done it on several cruises and has gone over very well.
Kathy - please put me in for the recipe exchange too. When should we expect to have the number of people participating by? How about for the FE?
Thanks,
Michele

Did I found my fellow May 1 2016 Panama Canal Cruisers?! Is anybody organizing a Fishextender? I saw on some messages that some of you have already been on the Wonder as well as Panama Cruise! Any tips? Thank you!

Did I found my fellow May 1 2016 Panama Canal Cruisers?! Is anybody organizing a Fishextender? I saw on some messages that some of you have already been on the Wonder as well as Panama Cruise! Any tips? Thank you!

Yes, I am in charge of the FE. I would need names, ages, stateroom # and an email to send the file to.
I was on the Panama Eastbound back in Sept 13, and I just got off the Wonder on the re positioning from Galveston to Puerto Rico.
Let us know what you need to know and I am sure some of us will have a tip or two.

Kathy - please put me in for the recipe exchange too. When should we expect to have the number of people participating by? How about for the FE?
Thanks,
Michele

Got you on the list for the recipe exchange. Right now we have about 13 or so on the recipe list and I think your FE is full. I will double check and send you the file hopefully tomorrow.

Has anyone taken the PV pirate ship excursion? Is it any good? Our boys are 10 and 13.
We took the PV Pirate Ship on our Wonder cruise in Feb 2012. IF you have ANY problems with seasickness, stay away. Everyone in my family (all 7 others) except me were suffering the severe effects of the tipsing and tossing of the boat (I will not go into description, just take me at my word). That aside, the food was average. They had fun activities enough to keep everyone busy and happy between seasickness bouts. THERE IS NO STABILIZATION on those boats. The boats they use were actually replicas of the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria created in 1992 for Columbus' 500th anniversary of "discovering" the New World. There is a tiny little hole with a tiny little staircase that leads you to the belly where they feed you breakfast (the tossing is much less tolerable in there). They do have modern restroom facilities. It had all the makings of a great experience. Undeniably memorable ... My girls were 8 and my boys were 7 and 5 if you think that may have any difference. They do remember clearly that the "pirates" sliced open coconuts and they got to experience that.

Recipe exchange? What is this? Sounds fun.

It is a postcard recipe exchange, which just means that you put a recipe (either your favorite or something from your area that is well known that you like) on a postcard from your area or state. Just adds a little to it. Right now the list is around 15 cabins or so. I haven't put an end date on it, but it will probably be six weeks before we sail.

All I need is your name where you are from (if you want to add that) and your stateroom and an email to send you the list.

Hello to all -- This will be our first Disney Cruise and we are curious about the fish extender groups -- how do we get involved? Sounds like fun! Thanks, and my husband and I are excited to meet everyone and enjoy this cruise. The time will pass quickly now!

Hello to all -- This will be our first Disney Cruise and we are curious about the fish extender groups -- how do we get involved? Sounds like fun! Thanks, and my husband and I are excited to meet everyone and enjoy this cruise. The time will pass quickly now!

I need names, ages, stateroom #, and email address to get you started on a list. The lists have up to 20 cabins in each group. When the group is full, I will email out a copy. Let me know if you have any other questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter