Disney Wonder Panama Canal May 01, 2016

Okay - I think I've "earned my ears now". I am very interested in joining the FE group but am very unfamiliar with Disboards. Kathy/twokats I see in a previous post you suggested someone PM (private message?) you with their information. I am having the hardest time figuring out how to PM. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Okay - I think I've "earned my ears now". I am very interested in joining the FE group but am very unfamiliar with Disboards. Kathy/twokats I see in a previous post you suggested someone PM (private message?) you with their information. I am having the hardest time figuring out how to PM. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Up towards the top of the page you will see your screen name, inbox, alerts.
The inbox will let you start a conversation and you put my screen name as the recipient.
The other way is to click my screen name under my avatar over at the side of this post and one of the options will be 'start a conversation'.
Click on that, give it a title and start typing and it will send me a pm.

Hope all that is as clear as mud!

Not sure if you received my request for FE list posted originally on December 22nd. Here it is and please let me know if you need anything else.

This is our 2nd WBPC (last one in May 2014). Also just did a B2B in October out of San Diego. I would like to sign up 2 cabins for this FE group.
Cabin #1 is Cabin 2080: 3 adults - Jeff (DH) Pam (DW) and Carolyn (Pam's mom)
Cabin #2 is an OGT: 2 adults & 2 children - Larry (DH) Ann (DW) Daniel (15) Elizabeth (1)

I don't think I have enough posts to do PM yet so please let me know if you need any other information.
Can somebody please tell me what a Fish Extender is?

Yes I have a FE started. When you get to 10 posts pm me you and the rest of your family first and last name, ages and gender, hometown, favorite character, any notes that could include if you do or don't want alcohol as a gift or allergies. I have a spreadsheet going and we are having 20 cabins to a group. I will send you a copy when the group is full. Oh and also include your cabin number (if you know it already) and if you are in main or late dining.

Any other questions, please let me know.
Love FEs!!!!!!

Can somebody please tell me what a Fish Extender is?
Quick course in Fish Extenders:

Outside your room onboard is a message holder, in most cases it's shaped like a fish:
fish holder wonder 2012 1408 100_7536.JPG

Once a cruise meet thread is up and running, someone in the group will (should?) step up and say "I'll maintain the Fish Extender exchange list". That person is the center point for all those who want to participate in the exchange. The list can be as simple as DISnames/room number/number of guests or as involved as full names/room number/ages of guests/like & dislikes/allergies/favorite characters/whatever is deemed necessary to know to put together the gifts.

Then each room on the FE list (note this will not be everyone on the Cruise Meet thread for your specific cruise), makes a Fish Extender holder. This is basically an organizer-type hanging bag with separate pockets for each person in the room:
door magnets 4 wonder oct 2011 256 100_3589 1500.jpg

They also make up gifts (either individual gifts or room gifts - whatever is decided by your group) to be delivered during the cruise.

One note about the gifts, some groups set up specific delivery dates, and specify "each person gets a gift" or "only one gift per room" or (even) maximum/minimum price ranges for gifts. Other groups just say "whatever", so people can choose what/how many gifts to give. Some give individual gifts, others only one gift per room, while others might do one for the adults and separate gifts for kids. Or only gift the kids.

For East bounds we did the "Hurricane Avoidance Cruise - 2014", which set the record for the most days at sea without making port for a Disney ship - Sept 2014. The second EB is coming up in a few weeks.
For WB, it was May 2013.
Wow! That's crazy!

Quick course in Fish Extenders:

Outside your room onboard is a message holder, in most cases it's shaped like a fish:
View attachment 148425

Once a cruise meet thread is up and running, someone in the group will (should?) step up and say "I'll maintain the Fish Extender exchange list". That person is the center point for all those who want to participate in the exchange. The list can be as simple as DISnames/room number/number of guests or as involved as full names/room number/ages of guests/like & dislikes/allergies/favorite characters/whatever is deemed necessary to know to put together the gifts.

Then each room on the FE list (note this will not be everyone on the Cruise Meet thread for your specific cruise), makes a Fish Extender holder. This is basically an organizer-type hanging bag with separate pockets for each person in the room:
View attachment 148426

They also make up gifts (either individual gifts or room gifts - whatever is decided by your group) to be delivered during the cruise.

One note about the gifts, some groups set up specific delivery dates, and specify "each person gets a gift" or "only one gift per room" or (even) maximum/minimum price ranges for gifts. Other groups just say "whatever", so people can choose what/how many gifts to give. Some give individual gifts, others only one gift per room, while others might do one for the adults and separate gifts for kids. Or only gift the kids.
It's so fun to see the creative gifts people do!

Trying to figure out what excursions we are going to do this time! Love trying new things and seeing the world with Disney!

We just booked this morning and are so looking forward to this sailing. We did the Eastbound in September 2013, but wanted to redo the experience going west.
We thought about doing westbound since we've done the eastbound cruise before. Decided it didn't matter which way we went!

Hi Kathy,

I am thinking I may not have given you enough information for the fish extender list. Please let me know if there is anymore information you need from me. How will we know if we are doing just one gift per room or can we do gifts for everyone in the room if that is what we want to do.

Karlee

Wanting to join a FE group. Need help on figuring out how to join. Just a couple of 'old timers' cruising the open seas again!
thanks

Hi Kathy,

I am thinking I may not have given you enough information for the fish extender list. Please let me know if there is anymore information you need from me. How will we know if we are doing just one gift per room or can we do gifts for everyone in the room if that is what we want to do. Karlee

If you want to give more info, we have a spot for where you are from and your favorite Disney character. We also have a spot for special notes, if you are celebrating anything or have any allergies. But what you gave me was good to start with.
For the gifts, that is totally up to you and your budget. All we ask is that you have fun with the FE and not stress. Some do a cabin gift, some do individual gifts and some do a cabin and gifts for the kids. As I said, your choice.

Wanting to join a FE group. Need help on figuring out how to join. Just a couple of 'old timers' cruising the open seas again!
thanks

You can send me a PM with your names, ages, cabin no, email address and anything else you want to tell me and I will get you added to the current list.

We have a max of 20 cabins per list and when it is full I will email you a copy so you know how many are on it.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks Kathy

I can give you a little more info
Carlos is a star wars fan or the Fab 5 original characters.
Lilly anything and everything princess doesn't matter which one.
Myself I love beauty and the beast and minnie mouse. I am also celebrating my 40th bday a month early.

I love being on the west coast! Got to check in and book our excursions at 9pm our time. First few days on the cruise will be rough tough as I am a very early riser. Guess I will get to wander the ship when others are still sleeping.

So excited! 90 days! We booked our Adventures today. The rest of our group are first time Disney cruisers so now I have to wait for them to see if they can come on our Adventures.

We took the PV Pirate Ship on our Wonder cruise in Feb 2012. IF you have ANY problems with seasickness, stay away. Everyone in my family (all 7 others) except me were suffering the severe effects of the tipsing and tossing of the boat (I will not go into description, just take me at my word). That aside, the food was average. They had fun activities enough to keep everyone busy and happy between seasickness bouts. THERE IS NO STABILIZATION on those boats. The boats they use were actually replicas of the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria created in 1992 for Columbus' 500th anniversary of "discovering" the New World. There is a tiny little hole with a tiny little staircase that leads you to the belly where they feed you breakfast (the tossing is much less tolerable in there). They do have modern restroom facilities. It had all the makings of a great experience. Undeniably memorable ... My girls were 8 and my boys were 7 and 5 if you think that may have any difference. They do remember clearly that the "pirates" sliced open coconuts and they got to experience that.

Thanks for the advice. My boys are 10 and 13 so I was on the fence about how much trouble I'd go through for a pirate show. Any younger and I would sacrifice myself for it but I think they are a little old to be amazed by it so I'm not risking it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts