Disney Wonder appears on Hawaii 2013 port schedule!!!

i really wanted dcl to do one way to hawaii from van to hon and vice versa that way i could check out alunai. if they do a roundtrip i still will be on it aluani will just have to wait.

i really wanted dcl to do one way to hawaii from van to hon and vice versa that way i could check out alunai. if they do a roundtrip i still will be on it aluani will just have to wait.
I have the same dilema and have thought about a couple of options.. 1) they offer a one day excursion to Aulani and might take advantage of that or 2) I have been to Hawaii a couple of previous times and seen most of the sights so I was going to see if we can get off the ship at the first port in Hawaii and get an Hawaiian Air ticket to Honolulu and spend the 3 or 4 days at Aulani and then get back on the ship when it leaves Honolulu.. Not sure if DCL will allow it, but thinking about asking...

I don't know about for everyone else but a one way flights can really add a significant cost to the trip versus round trip. I guess if you live in Vancouver or Honolulu then it works out well but if you live somewhere else it almost doesn't make sense to do the cruise just for the sea days. Better to fly from where you live, visit Hawaii and fly back. At least when I price it out for me it makes more sense to do it that way. The round trip cruise is way cheaper. You get less time on the islands that way though. I actually found that the 7 day NCL trip (basically using the ship as a floating hotel) is a pretty good way to spend more time in the islands and save the money it would take on island hopping flights. Of all the options the one way cruise option is the most expensive...but that's just my opinion...

However, if money is absolutely no issue then a one way cruise, few/several night stay in Hawaii and 2 flights back home (if you don't live in the port city the flight left out of) would be a wonderful combo vacation. I can see that.

I don't know about for everyone else but a one way flights can really add a significant cost to the trip versus round trip. I guess if you live in Vancouver or Honolulu then it works out well but if you live somewhere else it almost doesn't make sense to do the cruise just for the sea days. Better to fly from where you live, visit Hawaii and fly back. At least when I price it out for me it makes more sense to do it that way. The round trip cruise is way cheaper. You get less time on the islands that way though. I actually found that the 7 day NCL trip (basically using the ship as a floating hotel) is a pretty good way to spend more time in the islands and save the money it would take on island hopping flights. Of all the options the one way cruise option is the most expensive...but that's just my opinion...
I agree. The only way I see this as working as if you are a DVC owner or Aulani visitor. If they would let you take the one way to Aulani, spend 7-10 days at the resort and then take the ship back (or a flight).

The round-trip out of Los Angeles worked great for us, but eight to ten sea days are too much for some people. And some cruisers can't get that many days off work.

Yes, NCL Hawaii gives you more time on the islands without sea days, but the service was so horrendous when we tried that, um, never again!

The round-trip out of Los Angeles worked great for us, but eight to ten sea days are too much for some people. And some cruisers can't get that many days off work.

Yes, NCL Hawaii gives you more time on the islands without sea days, but the service was so horrendous when we tried that, um, never again!

That makes sense but isn't the one way at least 10-11 days anyway? Add 2-3 days on the islands and you pretty much have a 14 day vacation. If they fly right home then, yes, it's shorter. The one way is less sea days though so I can see how that would be appealing to people who don't want as many sea days as a 14 roundtrip cruise would provide.

Yes the wonder has ports in Grand Cayman for Oct so I am betting she is going back to Miami. Yeah! The price of a 5 day $1400 7 night Fantasy 2500.

what you do is book a muti city on your plane reservation its not that bad of a price.

That makes sense but isn't the one way at least 10-11 days anyway? Add 2-3 days on the islands and you pretty much have a 14 day vacation. If they fly right home then, yes, it's shorter. The one way is less sea days though so I can see how that would be appealing to people who don't want as many sea days as a 14 roundtrip cruise would provide.
Actually it is only 5-6 days at the most.

Actually it is only 5-6 days at the most.

I have looked this up before and just double checked. Every one way to and from a port on the western coast (Ensenada or Vancouver) to and from Honolulu is a 10-11 day trip. Maybe we are talking about different trips but I had referred to a ways to and from Honolulu.

Only problem is that the Wonder appears on the LA port schedule on Sept 16 and 29th. Right inline for the 15 day cruise Disney has done in the past and gives the 4 days for the cruise reposition from Vancouver to LA. I am almost positive that it will be a round trip from LA now.

Check the LA port schedule yourself: http://www.pcsterminals.com/CruiseCalendar.aspx

Sorry, but 9 port days scheduled in Hawaii (Sept. 15-23) trumps 2 port days in LA - although the last port date for LA could be correct after the second one-way. I have posted a link to the web site for the ports in Hawaii in previous posts.

I have looked this up before and just double checked. Every one way to and from a port on the western coast (Ensenada or Vancouver) to and from Honolulu is a 10-11 day trip. Maybe we are talking about different trips but I had referred to a ways to and from Honolulu.
Here is the itinerary from the last couple of Disney Cruises to Hawaii. I may have misread your question. It is 8 sea days round trip but only 4 one way:

1 Los Angeles, California — 3:00 p.m.
2 At Sea — —
3 At Sea — —
4 At Sea — —
5 At Sea — —
6 Kahului, Maui 6:30 a.m. 6:00 p.m.
7 Nawiliwili, Kauai 7:30 a.m. 5:30 p.m.
8 Honolulu, Oahu 7:00 a.m. 3:30 p.m.
9 Hilo, Hawaii 7:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
10 At Sea — —
11 At Sea — —
12 At Sea — —
13 At Sea — —
14 Ensenada, Mexico 2:30 p.m. 7:30 p.m.
15 Los Angeles, California 9:30 a.m. —

Sorry, but 9 port days scheduled in Hawaii (Sept. 15-23) trumps 2 port days in LA - although the last port date for LA could be correct after the second one-way. I have posted a link to the web site for the ports in Hawaii in previous posts.
Well, I hope you are right. I still am not sure why one port schedule trumps another, but you may know better than I.

The LA port schedule and Hawaii schedules actually both work for a round trip. I guess we will just wait till the cruise schedule actually comes out.

I'm interested to find out. Would love to go to hawaii. Might have to do it solo, DD will be in College ( God willing )

has anyone heard anything? I'm went looking but saw nothing... I'm looking to book something for christmas 2013 would LOVE cruise lol

No Hawaii cruise in 2013. Sorry. I am hoping for 2014. It was a amazing cruise and we want to do it again.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Congrats on your MR cruise next month.:thumbsup2 We really can't afford a Hawaii cruise either (especially with the nose bleed prices DCL has). Plus the kids would be in school.

What I am more eager to find out is if DCL will still have anything on the West Coast. There is no way we can do East Coast so if they leave the West Coast, its bye bye DCL for us. We would just eat the price of the dummy date we booked on last MR cruise.

Ann REALLY wants an Alaska cruise but its not in the cards this year. Hoping it will be in 2013. We are keeping our fingers crossed :littleangel:

We are the same way. Once DCL leaves the west coast we won't be travelling with them either. It is just way to expensive to travel to the east coast for us. It is too bad really.

jiminyC_fan said:
I'm with you. I would seriously consider booking another DCL Hawaii cruise.

Oh with us it's not open for consideration. We will be booking if if it is offered.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter