Disney Wonder appears on Hawaii 2013 port schedule!!!

We would love a Wonder cruise to Hawaii in Sept 2013 as we wanted to do our 30th Anniversary Vow Renewal in Hawaii. :tinker: I Dream all the stars will align for a Magical Disney memory.

I know it doesn't mean much until DCL makes official announcements for the Disney Wonder schedule for 2013 but, the Wonder is now (as of 01/09/12) showing up on the Port of Hawaii cruise schedule for Maui.

Here is what is odd:

1. So far, the Wonder is only showing up for Maui
2. The dates in Maui are September 17,18,20,21 2013. Where is it on the 19th and why is it on the same island on consecutive days?

Below is a link to the schedule:

http://hawaii.gov/dot/harbors/file-links/passenger-cruise-schedules/kahuluicruise2013.pdf

I hope we don't have to wait much longer for DCL to release 2013 schedules. :goodvibes

The port schedule for Oahu came out and the Wonder is there on September 19th. Know we know where she will be on the 19th. Still no other dates in 2013 posted.

Below is a link to the Oahu schedule:

http://hawaii.gov/dot/harbors/file-links/passenger-cruise-schedules/oahucruise2013.pdf

The port schedule for Oahu came out and the Wonder is there on September 19th. Know we know where she will be on the 19th. Still no other dates in 2013 posted.

Below is a link to the Oahu schedule:

http://hawaii.gov/dot/harbors/file-links/passenger-cruise-schedules/oahucruise2013.pdf

As I suggested in a previous post (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43683062&postcount=19) - I think Honolulu on Sept. 19th is the end of the first one-way cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu, and the beginning of the return one-way cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver.

It's 1162 nautical miles from Honolulu to Kiritimati (not far from Fanning Island; Google doesn't want to give me Fanning Island ) - and that seems like more than one day of sailing each way.

In 2002 when NCL started sailing Hawaii year round before re-flagging their ships, they offered a 7 night itinerary on the NCL Star that stopped at Fanning Island. About a day and half each way to get there. Below was the itinerary:

Sun: Honolulu
Mon: Hilo 7:00 am to 1:00 pm
Tues: At sea
Wed: Fanning Island, Republic of Kiribati 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Thurs: At sea
Fri: Lahaina, Maui 1:00 pm- 10:00 pm
Sat: Nawiliwili, Kauai 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sun: Honolulu

In 2002 when NCL started sailing Hawaii year round before re-flagging their ships, they offered a 7 night itinerary on the NCL Star that stopped at Fanning Island. About a day and half each way to get there. Below was the itinerary:

Thanks for posting that itinerary. From the time it left Hilo at 1:00 on Monday until it arrived in Maui at 1:00 on Friday - it was away from Hawaii for 4 days. The port times in Hawaii were pretty skimpy, too, I can see why ships don't do that any more!

As I suggested in a previous post (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43683062&postcount=19) - I think Honolulu on Sept. 19th is the end of the first one-way cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu, and the beginning of the return one-way cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver.

I'd just about give my right arm for the cruise 19th September on. Would tie in beautifully with Australian school holidays. I've got 10 days until the penalty date for our NCL cruise in April, and soooo hoping we know DCL's schedule before then, so I know whether to cancel or not.

Cheers,
Sally :)

I'd just about give my right arm for the cruise 19th September on. Would tie in beautifully with Australian school holidays. I've got 10 days until the penalty date for our NCL cruise in April, and soooo hoping we know DCL's schedule before then, so I know whether to cancel or not.

Cheers,
Sally :)

I want to do the opposite: cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu, spend a few days there, then possibly take one of Royal Caribbean's repo cruises to Sydney!

I hope we'll hear about DCL's plans within the next 10 days!

Since in September the ship will be done with Alaaka cruises, why would the ship travel back to Vancouver? Can it continue on and do a PC cruise from Honolulu? Or go to Ensenada 1st, then LA nd go on to do trips out of LA or the PC trip? Can it do a PC repositioning out of Ensenada?

Since in September the ship will be done with Alaaka cruises, why would the ship travel back to Vancouver? Can it continue on and do a PC cruise from Honolulu? Or go to Ensenada 1st, then LA nd go on to do trips out of LA or the PC trip? Can it do a PC repositioning out of Ensenada?

I think the ship will return to Vancouver because it offers people the chance for another Hawaii cruise. According to the Maui port calendar, it will overnight there Sept. 20/21 (after Honolulu) - which indicates to me that it will repeat the Hawaiian islands on the way somewhere (I think to Vancouver). Then the ship can do a Pacific Coast repo from Vancouver to LA, as it has done in 2011 and will do in 2012.

DCL's Panama Canal cruises from LA are already 14 nights, so I doubt the ship would start a PC cruise from Hawaii. I also don't imagine DCL wants to spend any more time than necessary in Ensenada, so it is unlikely they would begin or end a cruise there.

We would love a Wonder cruise to Hawaii in Sept 2013 as we wanted to do our 30th Anniversary Vow Renewal in Hawaii. :tinker: I Dream all the stars will align for a Magical Disney memory.

Ahhh, the memories. We did this in 2008, but with NCL (cannot recommend). We flew to Oahu for three days, then did the 7-day island cruise on the Pride of America, then flew to Maui for a week, where we had arranged to renew our vows for our 30th in a traditional Hawaiian ceremony on the beach. It was AMAZING -- and we were at the bottom of the hill where Clint Eastwood's house was! ;) Hope to do it again for our 40th!

Again I just want to say that these port scheduales should be used for one thing only, it indicates DCL intends to go back to Hawaii next year. If you look at this years all the info for Aprils Hawaii cruise is wrong in the port schedules. I am on that cruise and we are not overnighting in Honolulu as indicated, we are not leaving Maui at 8 PM as indicated, we are not leaving the big island at 11 PM as indicated, and we are going to Kawaii and we are not even on their scheduel for a May stop. I do agree with Nancy that I think they will give a coupe of one ways a shot.

Based on the 2012 Alaska cruises that sail on Mondays, here's a possible scenario for 2013:

Monday, 9/9 - Alaska cruise ends in Vancouver, depart at 5:00
Tuesday, 9/10 -sea
Wednesday, 9/11 - sea
Thursday, 9/12 - sea
Friday, 9/13 - sea
Saturday, 9/14 - sea
Sunday, 9/15 - Kauai
Monday, 9/16 - Hawaii (Kona or Hilo)
Tuesday, 9/17 - Maui (overnight)
Wednesday, 9/18 - Maui
Thursday, 9/19 - cruise ends in Honolulu

Repositioning back to Vancouver:

Thursday, 9/19 - depart from Honolulu
Friday, 9/20 - Maui (overnight)
Saturday, 9/21 - Maui
Sunday, 9/22 - Hawaii (Kona or Hilo)
Monday, 9/23 - Kauai
Tuesday, 9/24 - sea
Wednesday, 9/25 - sea
Thursday, 9/26 - sea
Friday, 9/27 - sea
Saturday, 9/28 - sea
Sunday, 9/29 - arrive in Vancouver

These are based on Royal Caribbean's Sept. 2012 10 and 11-night repo cruises from Vancouver to Honolulu: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/finda...hip=&experience=&submit=Find+Cruises&state=NA

From there the ship could reposition to Los Angeles for more Pacific Coastal cruises, continue with Mexican Riviera cruises, or do a Panama Canal cruise.
Hate to burst your bubble about sailing out of Vancouver, but it is much more likely that it will be a round trip out of Los Angeles. Reasons:

1) Disney doesn't do one way cruises unless they are repositioning ships. Since I highly doubt that Disney will reposition the ship, it is much more likely that they will do a quick 3/4 day cruise from Vancouver to LA then a 14 day cruise to Hawaii and back

2) Disney loves to do the longer cruises around one of their parks, so they will have a larger chance that many will stay before/after their cruise at DL

3) The LA round trip stays with their current schedule and ports.

Hate to burst your bubble about sailing out of Vancouver, but it is much more likely that it will be a round trip out of Los Angeles. Reasons:

1) Disney doesn't do one way cruises unless they are repositioning ships. Since I highly doubt that Disney will reposition the ship, it is much more likely that they will do a quick 3/4 day cruise from Vancouver to LA then a 14 day cruise to Hawaii and back

2) Disney loves to do the longer cruises around one of their parks, so they will have a larger chance that many will stay before/after their cruise at DL

3) The LA round trip stays with their current schedule and ports.
DCL is already on Hawaii port schedules Sept. 15-19 and Sept. 19-23 - which would indicate 2 one-way cruises. The ports repeat themselves, so if the port schedules are correct - in no way could it be a roundtrip cruise. DCL also listed a 10-night one-way Hawaii criuise as an option on one of their surveys.

I have posted several times before that I think the first cruise will be Sept. 9-19 from Vancouver to Honolulu, and the second will be Sept. 19-29 from Honolulu to either Vancouver or Ensenada, Mexico. (The cruise from Hawaii can't end in a US port.) One of these days DCL will announce the rest of their 2013 cruises and we'll know for sure. However, if I were a betting woman, I'd bet on two one-way Hawaii cruises.

DCL is already on Hawaii port schedules Sept. 15-19 and Sept. 19-23 - which would indicate 2 one-way cruises. DCL also listed a 10-night one-way Hawaii criuise as an option on one of their surveys. I have posted several times before that I think the first cruise will be Sept. 9-19 from Vancouver to Honolulu, and the second will be Sept. 19-29 from Honolulu to either Vancouver or Ensenada, Mexico. (The cruise from Hawaii can't end in a US port.) One of these days DCL will announce the rest of their 2013 cruises and we'll know for sure. However, if I were a betting woman, I'd bet on two one-way Hawaii cruises.

I really hope they don't end a cruise in Ensenada and bus everybuddy back across the border. How dreary!

I still don't understand why a Hawai cruise can't end in LA right after leaving Mexico (Ensenada) like the round trip Hawaii cruise does?

I still don't understand why a Hawai cruise can't end in LA right after leaving Mexico (Ensenada) like the round trip Hawaii cruise does?

A round-trip cruise from LA can stop in Ensenada. A one-way cruise between 2 US ports has to stop at a DISTANT foreign port, and Ensenada doesn't meet that requirement.

DCL is already on Hawaii port schedules Sept. 15-19 and Sept. 19-23 - which would indicate 2 one-way cruises. The ports repeat themselves, so if the port schedules are correct - in no way could it be a roundtrip cruise. DCL also listed a 10-night one-way Hawaii criuise as an option on one of their surveys.

I have posted several times before that I think the first cruise will be Sept. 9-19 from Vancouver to Honolulu, and the second will be Sept. 19-29 from Honolulu to either Vancouver or Ensenada, Mexico. (The cruise from Hawaii can't end in a US port.) One of these days DCL will announce the rest of their 2013 cruises and we'll know for sure. However, if I were a betting woman, I'd bet on two one-way Hawaii cruises.
Only problem is that the Wonder appears on the LA port schedule on Sept 16 and 29th. Right inline for the 15 day cruise Disney has done in the past and gives the 4 days for the cruise reposition from Vancouver to LA. I am almost positive that it will be a round trip from LA now.

Check the LA port schedule yourself: http://www.pcsterminals.com/CruiseCalendar.aspx

Are there any clues that show if Wonder will come to Miami again after Alaska? Ugh, why is Disney so slow with itineraries! Maybe they are announcing something big and want to make it perfect!!

Are there any clues that show if Wonder will come to Miami again after Alaska? Ugh, why is Disney so slow with itineraries! Maybe they are announcing something big and want to make it perfect!!

From your mouth to Mickey's ears! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter