Disney Honeymoon June 1-11 Closing thoughts

DSCF3045_0920.jpg

On Saturday the 6th of June we went to Hollywood Studios for Star Wars. If anyone wants info just ask away. For this reason I wanted a 8:00am ADR for H&V to get ahead of the crowds.:thumbsup2 Great idea as after breakfast we divided and conquered to allow for both getting in line for Chewy and Fast Passes for Toy Story Mania. The characters are cute, but we had no idea who they were:confused: They do a dance and they are very attentive to everyone even adults. We were even given a Celebrate card for our Honeymoon that they had all signed. The variety was okay...as far as breakfast buffets went this was our least favorite, but that saying we were still happy with it, just compared to the others it was just okay.
DSCF3037_0927.jpg

I liked the breakfast fajitas the best...it was all hot and clean so no worries there.

When we were finished we were able to get photopass pics done before the gates opened b/c he was just getting ready for the crowds..YAY

We had popcorn for a snack during the starwars parade and Lunch was at Sci-Fi. This is a really fun place to eat with great milkshakes but in the future we are just going to grab a quick service...the sandwiches at Staring Rolls looked great and that is what I wished we had done.
Both the BLT soup and Spinach Dip were good
DSCF3121_0861.jpg

DSCF3122_0860.jpg

We didn't take pics of the milkshakes i got vanilla and DH got Cookies and Cream so very good.
The burger was just okay and DH was not a huge fan of the ribs again they were just okay...I want to again say that the meal was not bad at all, it was hot, on time, and good but compared to the other areas we had eaten at and would eat at it just didn't measure up.:rolleyes:
DSCF3125_0857.jpg

DSCF3126_0856.jpg

with the milkshakes and the rich app and entree we both chose fruit for dessert...it was at this point in the trip that we were really feeling the deluxe pains....we just didn't want 3 courses all the time so found ways around it.
DSCF3128_0855.jpg

I only ate half my burger and half my fruit...this day was bad for me looking back were food was concerned as it was hot and my visitor was honing in on the honeymoon trip:sick::mad:so again my opinion this day was effected.
Next dinner at Spoodles

I had the buffalo steak at the Concourse Steakhouse when it was still open. It was one of the best pieces of meat I've had. That place was good, I don't know why they changed it...

Congrats!!!! (on your marriage)

As excited as I am about Cat Cora coming to disney I am sorry to see Spoodles go. I had never eaten there so before it left I wanted to experience it. We picked a bad day to go as it was an 8 pm ADR after our Star Wars day...it was hot...we were tired...and I was fighting hellish womanly issues. We got there and sat down and to be truthful I could have laid down and fallen asleep. DH got the mussels as the app and loved them....these are meant to be split I am convinced but I do eat any seafood if you all recall so he was on his own....he LOVED them. I had the traditional greek salad and it was refreshing and wonderful.
DSCF3352_0754.jpg

DSCF3353_0753.jpg

The main course was not a hit with DH for two reasons...the mussels had filled him up and he had never had a shank before other then a turkey leg...the lamb shank was not something he liked and he ate a couple bites and was done.
I had the pork and loved it with the gnocci but only ate half as my appetite was none existent...i wish i had been feeling better because this was so good and i know i would have enjoyed it more on another night.
DSCF3357_0749.jpg

DSCF3356_0750.jpg

This was another night that the Deluxe plan hit us hard and was were not wanting dessert...nothing looked good and we had no taste for it but tried something light and simple...DH had icecream and I had the Panna Cotta really good and airy but again only a few bites and I was ready to go...all I wanted to do was go back to the room and go to bed.
DSCF3359_0747.jpg

DSCF3360_0746.jpg

Next is the best of the review Victoria and Alberts Chef's table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

The best part of the dining review is about to begin. We were so lucky to get the Chef's Table on the first phone call try for Sunday June 7th. The night was a true master piece in food and I hope the pics give it justice. A warning though as there are so many this will be a multi post event. Up front let me say that Chef Hummel was not there that night but we enjoyed our time with Chef Aime (not sure of the spelling). Again I eat no seafood and i asked that the intestinal products be left out...as for DH he allowed no restrictions. I was really hoping for elk and quail as i had seen them in previous reviews but found out that they are more of a winter item, so all the more reason to go back soon:upsidedow. Stay tooned and if there are any questions don't hesitate.:flower3:

ohhhhh your chefs table meal sounds right up my alley! no seafood and intestine stuff :) can't wait to hear about it....i've been wondering what they do with those restrictions

How did I miss your wonderful review all these time? Looking forward to reading your V & A report and more..:cool1:

I love your reviews!!! I can't wait to read about V & A's- one place I really, really want to go!!

When dining at V & A it is important to understand that you are not there simply for the food...it is a journey of the senses and the atmosphere has everything to do with adding to that experience. When I started researching this location I always was thirsty for pictures of what is looks like inside beyond the food. This is the most elegant restaurant I have ever been in and the most exquisite dining adventure of my life. For anyone that questions if the Chef's Table is romantic for just 2 people the answer is 100% yes. When you first walk in it is just wow then in the very back is this wonderful little nook just for you. On the table DH had the rose and bracelet from Disney Florist on the table waiting. This made me cry it was so touching and wonderful. We were given champagne and water and we then waited for the chef to come over. So first let me show you all what we saw...I will show the pics of the dining room later. We began at 5:30 and didn't end till almost 10...so get ready for the magic:wizard:
Doors to the restaurant
DSCF3452_0658.jpg

Desert is in a separate location with a window to the main kitchen...I would love to be locked in there:worship:
DSCF3453_0657.jpg

Table
DSCF3407_0701.jpg

Seating
DSCF3403_0705.jpg

Other side
DSCF3437_0673.jpg

My gift
DSCF3408_0700.jpg

The bucket and bench for my purse
DSCF3412_0696.jpg

DSCF3417_0691.jpg

what we saw....the action....everyone had a job it was like an amazing dance choreographed and without chaos
DSCF3409_0699.jpg

DSCF3418_0690.jpg

DSCF3419_0689.jpg

the egg man...all he did was cut the tops off the eggs and clean them so that they could use the shell as one of the amuse
DSCF3432_0678.jpg

Stay tuned for the food:dance3:

DSCF3414_0694.jpg

This one belonged to DH:
Crab salad with pickled tomatoes
Smoked Trout custard baked in an egg shell
Deviled Quail Egg with Caviar
Heirloom tomato fennel cream
smoked salmon roulade
DSCF3413_0695.jpg

Recall no seafood so mine is different yet similar
Tuscan melon with prosciutto
Tomato fennel custard in the egg shell
deviled quail egg
Heirloom tomato funnel cream (soup in the espresso cup)
Arugula Roulade (crepe in the center)
This was unreal...the melon was refreshing and the custard in the egg was like wonderful air...I hate deviled eggs but this little thing was so wonderful and different from a chicken egg, the soup was like pizza in a cup it was delicious.
First bread simple crusty french bread with salted butter
DSCF3415_0693.jpg

Thanks for posting the reviews of the Chef's Table!

We are really looking forward to hearing more about it, managed to get a reservation for our forthcoming trip in September, a lot of money but I am sure it will definately be worth it!

Traditionally I think that this course is fish and DH loved his
A sesame crusted big eye tuna with tat soi salad and tamari honey foam
Like most men this was gone in like a bite and a half but he said it was fantastic.
DSCF3422_0686.jpg

I didn't know what to expect for this course and it did not disappoint :woohoo: I love Bison (Buffalo) and have never had it cold/smoked. Now let me warn you all outside of the sea food issue I don't like raw meat medium is my happy zone. Growing up with well done meat that was beaten out of me in France and now I can't imagine eating meat that is killed like that pink really does improve the flavor....but really pink makes me cringe so this dinner I had a pep talk with myself. After reading the Chef's Table review by Mr. Disney I stayed true to his advice and didn't voice this in a concern and went with what the chef thought was best because they are in this position for a reason. I say to all of you out there who are like me let the chef decide!!!
This dish was so visually stunning and way cool I felt like I was in science class. It was Cold Smoked Buffalo with apples and radishes served in a few different ways. But served in this cool bowl that had holes in it to allow the bigger bowl underneath with dry ice in it to smoke through when mixed with liquid. :banana: This was so complex and yummy and artistic.
DSCF3420_0688.jpg

Now more clear when the smoke cleared a bit
DSCF3421_0687.jpg

Fish dish and vegetarian for me coming up....
Mr. Lee I am happy to hear about your trip and know that you will enjoy...please come back with a report as the dishes change to what is in season or what the chef felt good about that day. Also...this is one meal that money should never be considered because it was like the commercial PRICELESS!!!!!!!:dance3:

Up next came the fish course and for me veggie...DH loved this dish and it gave him the chance to try a new item prepared in the best way possible...Abalone
DSCF3428_0682.jpg

Monterey Abalone with capers and meyer lemon
Copper river salmon with asparagus and bearnaise
diver scallop with corn and bamboo rice ragout
The chef requested that I try something from this dish to see if I still felt the same way about sea food after trying it prepared in the right way....I decided that fish was a no way, and the scallop was not it either. I love Iron Chef and Abalone is often used so I was curious....well:sick: I was YUCK to me and only showed me that sea food is not for me in any way.
Mine was simple and tasted like summer full of freshness.
DSCF3427_0683.jpg

Timbale of Vegetable Ratatouille with Corn and bamboo rice ragout
Remee would be proud of this ratatouille it was so good.
They delivered a cool thing of salt that had volcanic salt and Himalayan salt so good and unique but not the best pic sorry
DSCF3423_0685.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter