Disney Honeymoon June 1-11 Closing thoughts

For the next 2 courses DH and I shared bites with each other and wow...I can't imagine having to pick from the menu in the dining room these four meat dishes were out of this world.:thumbsup2
First mine was the Poulet Rouge (chicken) with mushroom-truffle ragout, english peas and morels.
If you don't like mushrooms this is not your dish but if you do it is earthy and rich and yummy
DSCF3429_0681.jpg

DH had the Duck Breast, sausage and confit with salsify cherry sauce.
DSCF3430_0680.jpg

Lamb is one of my favorite if not my 100% favorite meat choice so I was so happy that the chef gave it to me next.
Niman Lamb with spring vegetables and celery root....the celery root is the green paint on the plate and went with it so perfectly if only I could eat lamb like this all the time. It was also perfectly prepared.
DSCF3439_0671.jpg

Remember I asked for no intestinal items so this dish was for DH...I love veal and had a bite and I liked my lamb better but this was perfection as well.
Veal Tenderloin with with marble potatoes, ramps and sauce soublise...there were sweetbreads included here as well.
DSCF3440_0670.jpg

I don't remember the bread here but :yay: Words of caution!!!!! Take a bite of the bread then put it back!!!!!!!!! the carbs fill you up to much and with so many plates at the chefs table you really have to be careful.
Next one of my favs of the meal and both DH and I got this one.
Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin and Belly with Sherry Bacon Vinaigrette with 100 year old balsamic...the balsamic made this dish and I have never had pink pork before but wow it is like beef and makes a difference.
The pic doesn't give it justice
DSCF3441_0669.jpg

After this point in the meal we were taken to a balcony and it was suggested we walk around and take a break to make room for the remaining 4 courses.
This is the view from one end looking toward Poly...i will post more pics from the balcony later.
DSCF3442_0668.jpg

enjoy:littleangel:

Sorry just realized that the bread pic didn't get put in the last post so here ya go and glad you all are enjoying the review just to update what is to come after V & A
DSCF3431_0679.jpg

Tusker House breakfast
Boma Breakfast
Yak and Yeti counter service
Wolfgangpuck Express Dinner
California Grill Dinner
Kona Breakfast
Jiko dinner
and some snacks

I also have lots of pics of the inside of V & A that I will post so while it is taking me along time to get this finished it is getting there...Going deluxe for 11 days was crazy.:surfweb:

Ahhhh, the Chef's Table. We were lucky enough to get it for our anniversary a few years ago and it was one of the best, most memorable meals we've ever had. Thanks for sharing this with us ... it brings back wonderful memories. :goodvibes

A couple more shots from the balcony
DSCF3443_0667.jpg

DSCF3448_0662.jpg

DSCF3449_0661.jpg

Bread #3
DSCF3454_0656.jpg

Now for what I was supper excited to have....the Kobe Beef
Both DH and I got this as it is one of the big highlights of the chef's table
DSCF3455_0655.jpg

The tenderloin cut piece in the left front corner was my favorite part and it really does melt in your mouth like people say....the mash potatoes were so silky and had an unreal flavor from the short rib on top. I didn't care for the cut in the front right and gave those pieces to DH...they were too rare for me and too marbled....this is my taste though as DH devoured it.

Cheese came next and boy did I love this...DH is not a big cheese explorer so this was great for him and it gave the chance to try the best.
DSCF3457_0653.jpg

My favorite part was the cheese cake bite made from stilton which was the shock of the night. As I said in the Flying Fish review I don't care for moldy cheese and stilton for me was like the kiss of death....I tried it and ick...but this cheese cake made with it was too die for and I could have eaten a plate of it...I don't know what they did to take away the pungent flavor but my goodness was it good. I saw a cook book in disney with the recipe in it and didn't buy it so if anyone out there has it and could share this recipe that would be fabulous:hippie: Also on the plate was coach farm goat, 36 month aged parm-regg (supper sharp and great) and beemster XO this dish was so yummy.

Dessert next.....are u full yet....at this point we were getting there I know the portions look small but boy does it start to add up.

Yummy update. When I had Kobe beef...I wanted to lick the plate. I can't wait for your dessert. Your pictures are making me drool.

After reading many a review here on the Disboard I have to thank you all for the wonderful advice about the cookie icecream sandwich that is a snack credit at the Main Street Bakery. After riding BTM we had just enough time to go in and grab a curb side treat before the 11pm spectromagic parade. DH and I split this...I can't imagine eating a whole on....but my goodness was this amazing. We even made the recommendation to the man in front of us who had never heard about this...he was very happy with the suggestion:cool2:
cookiesandwich.jpg

You can tell how hot it was that day as my face is all red....that is not a sunburn I was just hot beyond belief and during our trip the temp grew each day.
cookiesandwich2.jpg

OMG i really, really, really, REALLY want that cookie!!! *mouth waters*

Wow, I can't believe I haven't found your reviews before today. Congrats on your wedding! I'm also so glad to see someone else who will eat at character meals as well as the signature restaurants.

That McDonalds looks amazing, (there's something I never thought I'd say. :lmao: ) I love the step sisters at 1900 Park Fare, there was an engaged couple sitting behing me when I was there, and they made a huge deal over it. It was so funny, I'd consider going back for that. Flying Fish looks so good, I need to eat there again. I really want to eat at V&A one day, it looks simply amazing, and I totally agree with your "let the chef decide" theory, they are in that posistion for a reason, and they usually know what tastes good.

First the coffee service...this is one thing that makes V & A so memorable. My mom and dad ate here when it first opened and all these years she still talks about it, so when we went I was supper excited to see this. This is a replica of the first percolator/coffee makers and like was chemistry class on the table:woohoo:
DSCF3458_0652.jpg

DSCF3462_0648.jpg

And other then Kona this was the best coffee on property and one of the best cups I have had.

Dessert comes in two rounds fruit then chocolate.
DSCF3465_0645.jpg

:dance3:WOW!!!! this was heaven....my favorite of the night was the middle one which was a Miniature banana gateau with spun sugar I can't even describe the taste but boy oh boy I could really go for one right now.
The others were vanilla bean creme brulee and blackberry sorbet...really cool here was that is a real flower that was turned into candy by being dipped in sugar.
DSCF3471_0640.jpg

Here my favorite was the Kona chocolate Souffle it was perfect, but it was here that I couldn't eat anymore and the thought of the other two was too much for my tummy...I tasted both very small bites and was in chocolate heaven but couldn't finish. They were the Tanzanian chocolate pyramid and Peruvian chocolate ice cream with puff pastry.
The one dessert I was hoping for was the famous grand marnier souffle but i don't think i would have been able to move so it was a good thing that we missed that, so next time:goodvibes
At this point we were given a cute plate of hand made candy and I politely asked if it was possible to have them boxed to take with us and they happily did that for us. We enjoyed them in the room the next day.
DSCF3473_0638.jpg

Our chef and victoria and albert
DSCF3477_0634.jpg

By the time we were finished it was just before the 9:00pm setting so the restaurant was empty and I got some great pics...here are 2 of them
DSCF3487_0624.jpg

DSCF3401_0707-1.jpg

This concludes the best dinner of my life and the most memorable experience of our honeymoon.
Next up is Animal Kingdom with breakfast at Tusker House

I am so happy you all enjoyed the chef's table review. The next day was Animal Kingdom and we had the first ADR time for Tusker House. Boy is Animal Kingdom nice to walk through in the early morning without any people around you. This is the buffet area, the restaurant was set up very nice with cool themeing.

DSCF3517_0600.jpg

The characters were awesome and came to the tables very quickly. The juice there is so good it is a mix of like 3 different juices and is a must to try.
Here is a plate with a good variety on it...no donuts I wish I had gotten one though.
DSCF3520_0597.jpg

The food was great but to be honest I ate about half of what was on the plate as I was still very full from the night before. The ham was supper yummy as it was carved. We finished with almost 15 minutes to spare which resulted with us being #1 on the Safari in the front seat on the first one out so all the animals were alert and it was supper magical. After we were able to go over to Rafiki planet watch where we saw Rafiki and a rare one Jimminy Cricket.:cool1:
Next up Yak and Yeti counter service

WOW...... awesome pics @ V & A :thumbsup2

I wish I could talk my DH into going but nope !!! :scared1: I don't know why, but we're planning a week stay for either May or August 2010.....can't wait.....

thank you so very much for the lovely pics....and congratulations on your honeymoon, here's wishing you many, many, celebrations of your wedding anniversary to come @ Disney World !!!! :woohoo: / lots of pixie dust too!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter