Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so I can start tracking properly...is this $2000 limit referring to ALL purchases made using an eBay gift card? Or is it only PPDG purchases?
Since it's an ebay rule, I don't see how they could limit it only to PPDG purchases. I would prefer that, since I have made only a few purchases through them.

Woo hoo! I just saw that MyCokeRewards has $10 Target e-Cards for 670 points! There doesn't appear to be a limit either:banana:.

I've been saving my codes (plus all of the 12-pk codes my mom sends me) so that we can get at least 2 free 12-pks from the Speedway/Hess station when we go to BWV in October:thumbsup2. I have 1225 now and I only need 550 for the 12-pk coupons so I grabbed one of the Target cards. I'm still sitting on a bucket full of caps and box tops but since I already hit my weekly limit, I will have to wait to order more.
Thanks for that info! Just got one :)

Been super busy, and finally getting back to those who offered suggestions on my GS debacle from a few days ago. I thought I had found a new GS tonight able to do the converting that was just across the border, the manager okayed it but didn't realize the system would no longer let them. Disappointed after first being super excited, lol.
Wondering if any GS's in any areas are still left and allowing these flips at the moment? They are sure to close soon, but if it wasn't too far away... I know, wishful thinking! :rolleyes:

And, I'm thankful I didn't get a bunch of told you so, or boy are you stupid, comments! Thx! :blush:

Oh no, Minniekins!! I am so sorry to hear about that!!
I looked into Raise once before. I was thinking, hmm, if I can get Ebay bucks/Ebates, maybe I'll get a few GCs and sell them. They take 15% of the selling price......
That leaves you with $799.. Basically a 20% loss.
Thank you, Vernie822! Something to keep in mind if other things don't work out. Thanks for the details/figures on how a place like raise would work!
@Minniekins that is terrible that you got stuck with so much GS. It was a little shocking when it happend because it is literally overnight and it doesn't seem they get a warning at all.
I think you were thinking of me when mention doing the return. The manager did make me "buy" some games, then return the transaction in cash and use the cash to buy the GC. I am sure that is totally against policy, but he only did it because he remember me and it was only $120 since I had churn more a few days before. I am sure it was anything over $200 he would have not done it. Are you traveling soon maybe try it in a different state?
Thanks, ellie05! Yep, must have been you, and I wish my store were as cool as yours, lol, but yes, this is a much bigger amount. I asked but no, lol. Yep, I noted above I tried a store just into WI, but they were surprised to find they were unable to help. Still a tiny hope some place will pop up!
@Minniekins, I totally feel for you. I was freaking out myself while waiting on the cards from the Cardency promo earlier this month and thankfully got out just in time. Anyway, I see you have a trip planned in 3 months and another in 9 months. Do you need this cashed out before the closer trip or can it wait until the latter one? I'm asking because the methods @JKalai posted some pages up about buying certain games and then trading them back at BB worked very well for me. Granted, its a slow process but if you have the time at least its a way out without taking a loss. It was also convenient for me as I have both a GS and BB within 5 minutes of my house.
As far as your questions about trading to Cardcash, I've never done that personally but I remember someone posting a few weeks back that they got an Ebay ecard when trading similar to what you'd get from PPDG or Target when they were still selling Ebay GC's. I don't see why they wouldn't work like any other ebay GC.
Thank you, Phatscott25! Yeah, if my cards had been a day earlier, I'd have been okay! Ugh!! Lol. Yep, our trip is coming in Nov. The other ticker is still from our past May trip to DL, lol, but have to switch it out for our trip later next year. Hate to take it out without a specific time for replacement, lol, superstitious, lol. I do have some time, but still deciding which way to go, but GS and BB are both about 5,6 min away. Not very knowledgeable about trading or anything. Yeah, I figure the cardcash ebay egc's do work the same, but wanted to put the question out there just in case anyone heard different maybe.
@Minniekins..... sorry you got caught in that timing.... I hope a lot of folks read your post,and take it to heart, this really is a YMMV sort of thing,and it can change in a heartbeat....(the 'game' changed while I was on my last WDW vacay! big surprise there)
FWIW, when the GS registers noted "vanilla"- that is a type of visa gc that was BIG BIG BIG in the churning game a while back, it got overused and abused,and now it's mostly a no-go for easy churning(at least for us 'normals' lol I'm sure it's still in use, just not 'easy') It used to be a really easy way to get travel rewards on a cc card..... Unsure if the ebay gc's are now in that category for the stores now.... also FWIW, Walgreens in my area was the 1st,and toughest player in churning when it came to gc usage(Vanilla cards,etc) I don't want to touch Walgreens either b/c of past history and how they operate. Just be careful folks. I hope you can get at least most of your money back by selling the GS gc's....I get it, I did a couple of dumb churn things myself this month,and it may cost me more $$$ than I want it to also.... part of the game, I don;t consider it a gamble,as I know I can recoup my cash back, sometimes not in the way I had intended to use it at first though....
Thanks, hsmamato2. Certainly not happy with the amount of possible loss, but I did make some good ebucks, so I'm trying to look at like it's that many less dollars I actually made, not a loss of my base churning dollars. Hopefully I can recoup my cash back, I gotta remember I'm not losing all of the GS cards value, hopefully not more than 15% maybe.
Interesting info! Funny, he acted like I knew what he meant when he said vanilla, wizards, etc.
@asgaga Thank you for posting the game trading info. Wasn't sure if you were trading games you bought at one GS back to a different GS ? Won't they catch on to what's going on?

I will post more credit movers from Gamestop to Best buy whenever I catch them @Minniekins, so all is not lost. It'll take time, but you can totally make the switch back to BB gift cards eventually and is really easy. You'll have to just jump on it as soon as possible.
Taking advantage of the pretty good sales at Gamestop can be beneficial, and can even net some profit. For example, the last weekend of June they had a B2G1 on everything pre-owned. I bought 3 Nintendo 3DS systems for about $300 + tax. I'm now selling them for around $155 each on ebay. Granted I'm paying the Ebay fees (which is around $45), I actually made some profit... not just credit, but straight up cash.
Just hold on to that GS credit if you can. I haven't tried it in my area for about the past week, but it seems like the system does not allow it nationwide now due to other boards I'm on.
@robinb @Minniekins and for those of you stuck with GS...
Retailmenot has a 20% off coupon with 2 or more pre-owned games (you have to open up the coupon in a private browser for a unique code for some weird reason). Both Battleborn and Doom are on sale at Gamestop (will come out to $21.19 + tax or $19.07 + tax with pro and coupon) and will trade in at $20 at BB. BB's trade in value went down since the beginning of this week, but you will maybe lose a dollar or so depending on your tax which is much better than selling your cards online.
You can trade in 3 max per system per title at BB. If you can find 3 of each game (3 battleborn xbox/3 battleborn ps4/3 Doom xbox/3 Doom PS4), you can move $240 easily with little loss. They have the availability of the preowned games on the app/website.
Thank you, Jkalai! I appreciate you you sharing you GS trading expertise, lol, I have absolutely zero! I am going to hold tight for a bit, as I figure out which way to go. My DD26 and her DBF are getting together for brunch tomorrow and I'll fill them in on what's up and what some of these options are. I'm just not sure which way to go, lol, but I'm hanging onto my GS cards for the time being till I see what will work best. That trade in looks good but not sure I'll know what to look for as far as which games. I will watch here to see if you've shared anything, credit movers?, which would be awesome and appreciated! I'm just not sure if that would be best or if just selling out to Cardcash, at about $858, losing about $142 might just be faster and easier and I don't have to bother you or anyone with questions. Such as, won't my local GS, that knows I got stuck with these gc's, and know that I don't really know games, won't they realize I'm working a trade if I come in and ask for and buy those sale games. Won't they wonder why I'm buying three of those games? And will they be likely to have those games to sell me? Then do I leave them all wrapped and just go to BB and ask them to buy them? Say I have 3 of one or each of the titles, do I do them all at once? I know so little I wonder if I should just skip the trading. Not sure how much patience I'll have, and then there is the time. I'm usually working until 9 p.m. so jumping on a quick sale may not always work too well. Hmm, keep looking back at what you posted (and Phatscott suggested), and it does look interesting. I guess we'll chat tomorrow and I'll check back here to see how things are going. Thank you for your time and suggestions, definitely appreciated!

Last edited:
Has anyone hit the wall yet with the eBay gc spending limit? I did for the first time today. It was unexpected because I was using my DD account which had only spent about $800 in gc in the last 2 months, but I got an error saying something like I had already used my limit in gc purchases. So I'm wondering if it's tied to PayPal to track it because I was using my PayPal acct which I also use with my own eBay acct, and I've definitely spent over $2000 in that one recently. I thought the limit was per eBay acct, but this seems like it needs to be separate PayPal acts too. Can anyone else tell me if they've encountered this?
My experience is that it's connected to the ebay account. I tried buying Best Buy GCs on the ebay account where I do most of my churning and received the GC spending limit error message but was able to complete the purchase on another ebay account that I use. I use the same Paypal account to pay for GC purchases for both ebay accounts. Interested to hear other's experiences as well.
I have to say I don't see how it could be retroactive, back 60 days. I made two large purchases last week's promo, with Walgreens gc's and the doomed $GS gc's, each $1000. I had already, before that, spent that and more in the previous 60 days. So if it was retroactive, I don't think I could have spent any of that that i spent that 4X promo. I had large purchases at end of June,(and throughout June), and then that last promo on July 20,21, and a quick flip in July for BB. I'm going to look at it more and write it all out, but as another poster said, I only used ebay to purchase the churning gc's, for most purchases other than one cash purchase and my ebucks purchases purchasing Disney gc's from personal sellers. So in my experience, the retroactive 60 days doesn't make sense nor seem that that could have been the case for me, since I had more than the new allowed amount in the previous 60 days and definitely if including the newest 4x promo. Hoping that makes sense, lol!

I had a weird experience today. I was buying a $50 Disney GC (from BB eBay store) and a $24.99 part for the farm on eBay. I paid with two gift cards, one that only had about $20 on it and the other had over $100. I try to use the old ones first so I don't have a million little ones hanging around. So it took them both as normal but I didn't realize until after I hit complete and pay, that it was only taking a partial payment from the big one and so leaving $35.xx to go on my credit card. It already went through, so I went and checked my balance and it was still $93 on that card. I can't imagine I'm at the $2000 since they started that rule unless they went back in history in which case in surprised I had any room at all. I also wondered if maybe I couldn't use the GC on the GC, but then it would have left $50 instead of $35. So weird. Anyone have any insight?

I've had this happen several times. And it was before the new rule changes using the ebay gc's. I was trying to buy $500 in GS(about a month ago) and had shipping charges. So I had one $500 ebay card and a $25 card to use for shipping. I put in $500 card and then the $25 card. When I put in the $25 card, it put the $500 card down to $475 and used the $25 card and still had the shipping charge to pay and would have had $25 left on the $500 card. It was weird, finally took out the $25 card and then the $500 card was fully charged and I put the shipping on bank card instead. Same thing happened on last week's promo, and i just finally let it go thru, $500 card with $7.45 left on it and the $25 card depleted, so used all ebay gc's. No idea what it happened, it was annoying but I still used all ebay gc's and don't think it had anything to do with limits, since it happened before the newest limits.

As @kristenrice said also, I'll try to do some churning thru BB when I can get them thru easily, and also Walgreens, hough really hate shipping charges, lol. But, I've bought 2 loadable ebay gc's thru Walgreens without looks or issues of any kind. And, bought on BB loadable and took that to BB, just to keep going thru there as well. Again, super easy there. I'd do all thru there if I could buy easily.

@Minniekins, even though it was effective earlier, it looks like eBay didn't actually start enforcing the $2K/60 limit until July 28. I was curious because when I took advantage of the 4X eBucks promo on July 21 I'd already spent over $2k in the past 60 days.

I hope you find a way to spend those GS without losing too much of your earnings.

@Minniekins i hope you're GS situation improves. Have you thought about utilizing some for gifts for anyone you may know. They also sell some collectible type things like those funko figures and I got a Star Wars monopoly set there on clearance recently for the family.
Or do you have friends or family who could use GS gift cards for holidays they would buy off you?
Buy Sell Trade may also be an option..... If you can cut people a deal but not incur the resellers costs maybe that would help. Or even if you have a great rapport with one of the GS employees share you situation (to an extent) and maybe they or someone else would be into buying them.

My brain isn't functioning today, and I can't remember. Quick question:

Does Sears typically carry eBay GC's? I've been successful multiple times at my Sears, but only purchased Disney. I don't remember looking for eBay. I'm looking to churn $200 at Sears into eBay, and then purchase Delta or Southwest on eBay.

Admins,

Any chance we can get this thread back to its' original topic of "Disney Gift Card Deals" and possibly start a new thread about churning and other gift card deals/information?

Thanks!

Admins,

Any chance we can get this thread back to its' original topic of "Disney Gift Card Deals" and possibly start a new thread about churning and other gift card deals/information?

Thanks!

The churning and other gift card deals are about "Disney gift card deals" All of it is eventually converted into disney gift cards to pay for our trips.

Admins,

Thanks!
Well since this isn't a stickied thread and not something that was started by a mod or an admin as an information post I don't see why they would care if it goes off topic. This thread has always been organic and changed to help find the most useful ways for people to stretch a dollar. (On the budget board of all places, the nerve of these people!) Most folks are trying to end game into Disney but these methods can work for other avenues. I see nothing wrong with people trying to help others save money and relate their experiences, good or bad, so that others may duplicate or avoid their results. If occasionally someone posts something a little off topic, chances are they've earned that right by providing something to the group discussion previously.

In short, if you don't like reading the posts in the thread, move along.

Last edited:
Well since this isn't a stickied thread and not something that was started by a mod or an admin as an information post I don't see why they would care if it goes off topic. This thread has always been organic and changed to help find the most useful ways for people to stretch a dollar. (On the budget board of all places, the nerve of these people!) Most folks are trying to end game into Disney but these methods can work for other avenues. I see nothing wrong with people trying to help others save money and relate their experiences, good or bad, so that others may duplicate or avoid their results. If occasionally someone posts something a little off topic, chances are they've earned that right by providing something to the group discussion previously.

In short, if you don't like reading the posts in the thread, move along.

It's like trying to start watching a TV drama series in it's third season, and then asking someone to explain all the twists and turns that have happened up until that point. In order to be fully informed and up to date, you have to start at the beginning and see where the road has taken us to get to this point. Sure, we can all explain the basic "plot" of churning for Disney gift card deals, but to really understand and appreciate it, you must go back, read and learn about how we got to where we are today:hippie:.

I must say, I would be sad if this thread was separated to start a new one on strictly Disney deals directly. The valuable info posted here by all those helpful enough to share is what made our family's first Disney trip a possibility since we were able to spend way less than we originally thought we would have to. We were able to plan a trip in way less time instead of having to put it off for quite a while.

I came into this thread when there were already tons of pages, but I went back to the very beginning (may not have been entirely necessary) because I felt if this was something I wanted to try my hand at then I needed to fully understand the nature of how it works. It is definitely a fluid process and certain aspects can change almost daily. Reading all of those posts really helped me understand the ever-changing methods and helped me open up to thinking of other ways I might be able to apply this.

I do understand there are lots of posts that may seem to not be related to Disney gift card deals, but in reality they can all be tied back to that in the end. Being able to save money in other ways can allow folks to purchase the Disney gift cards they need for trips. There are tons of different ways to save with these methods and when I come across a post that may not apply to me (like Kroger deals since we don't have that store anywhere near me) I just scroll on past. In fact, I still sometimes like to read those posts anyway. You never know when a new opportunity to save may open up to me. The folks here who are willing to share their experiences with what works and what doesn't are so awesome. Everyone just has to weed through all of the info and see what will work for them and what they are willing to try. For some that may be directly to a Disney gift card, while for others the Disney gift card is the end game of a detailed process.

Personally, I've used this info to apply the churning process in other aspects of our lives. We are currently saving up for a Carnival cruise next year. However, as soon as that is paid off, I will start over to build up funds for our next Disney trip which I'm hoping will be sooner that I ever thought it would be because of our savings.

Admins,

Thanks!
Actual deals on Disney cards are few, and very short timewise. That's why we have branched off into other ways to generate money to purchase Disney cards, which end up in buying the cards for less in the long run. Sometimes a very long run.

If you want something quick, get a Target RED credit or debit card, and buy Disney cards with it at Target, and they will take off 5%.

If you want to buy cards for less than 5% off, then this thread has several options, but things change over time. THat's why this thread is so long.

Today is the last day of July - I still need to finish buying my 4x fuel points gift cards at Kroger so I can max out my gas savings in the month of August. Thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is forgetting!

It's been a while since I've been on this thread, so pardon me if this has been discussed lately. I have recently been having problems with Target.com orders being canceled. I know in the past, some people have been banned, but I don't think this is the case with me. About two weeks ago, I ordered a Regal Cinema gift card for my son. It automatically took 5% off because of the RedCard, but I paid with a gift card I had earned from my wellness program (HumanaVitality). The order was canceled, so I called. They said it was a fluke, and they had had other calls about the same thing. They told me to order it again, which I did, but it got canceled a second time. It finally worked after the third time, but instead of it using my gift card (which it said it was doing), it charged it to my RedCard. When I realized it, I called, and they gave me a credit. I assumed they were going to take it out of my gift card, but they never did. I have waited about two weeks, but the gift card balance has remained the same. I figured maybe they left the money on the GC due to the inconvenience. Today, I tried to order another Regal GC for my other son. I was going to use a different GC but decided to try the saved GC because I've heard about some people losing saved ones. It went through perfectly, but then within minutes, it came back that it was canceled. The money is also back on the GC. I am so confused about what to do! This is how I order Disney GCs for our trips, so I'm worried I will have the same problems when I begin ordering them. Can anyone provide any insight???

It's been a while since I've been on this thread, so pardon me if this has been discussed lately. I have recently been having problems with Target.com orders being canceled. I know in the past, some people have been banned, but I don't think this is the case with me. About two weeks ago, I ordered a Regal Cinema gift card for my son. It automatically took 5% off because of the RedCard, but I paid with a gift card I had earned from my wellness program (HumanaVitality). The order was canceled, so I called. They said it was a fluke, and they had had other calls about the same thing. They told me to order it again, which I did, but it got canceled a second time. It finally worked after the third time, but instead of it using my gift card (which it said it was doing), it charged it to my RedCard. When I realized it, I called, and they gave me a credit. I assumed they were going to take it out of my gift card, but they never did. I have waited about two weeks, but the gift card balance has remained the same. I figured maybe they left the money on the GC due to the inconvenience. Today, I tried to order another Regal GC for my other son. I was going to use a different GC but decided to try the saved GC because I've heard about some people losing saved ones. It went through perfectly, but then within minutes, it came back that it was canceled. The money has come out of the GC though. I am so confused about what to do! This is how I order Disney GCs for our trips, so I'm worried I will have the same problems when I begin ordering them. Can anyone provide any insight???
Was it an egift card? You cannot pay for those anymore with gift cards.

Ha, didn't we just go through this like 2-3 months ago? Someone who doesn't contribute to the deals coming in and requesting we talk about more relevant things?

As a (relevant) side point-- I emailed Best Buy (their Ebay store) to ask if there were gift card limits to their Disney cards since I am unable to add anymore to my cart. I will post back when they respond. I am not usually pro emailing customer service about anything but I couldn't find it anywhere on the listing page and I didn't see anywhere in the thread where we found exact details to the limits.

Today is the last day of July - I still need to finish buying my 4x fuel points gift cards at Kroger so I can max out my gas savings in the month of August. Thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is forgetting!

I want to give myself a giant pat on the back for acquiring 29 gallons of fuel at 1.36$/gallon, HA HA. My car only holds 16 gallons so I managed to drive it almost to empty in preparation (in hindsight it was a little stressful and maybe I should have left a gallon in my tank and forgone that $1 off since by the time I got to Kroger I had a fuel light on and things were starting to flash "LOW FUEL") and I lugged 3 big gas cans with me in my trunk. $29 bucks off gas is pretty good but that was a total pain in the butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter