Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 3 50s not even 15 minutes ago, paid almost $30 with my redcard (because I got a letter saying my redcard hadn't been used for too long and I needed to use it or lose it) and the rest with target gift cards.
Oh, gosh. I better remember to use mine occasionally.

Am I the only one who thinks it's completely bizarre that some guy comes on our thread and tries to boss us around without even understanding what we're talking about? I mean who does that? Who looks at almost 1100 pages of conversations between strangers and says, "Y'all are doing this wrong and I want it fixed!"
I just don't understand why people can't skip the messages that aren't relevant to them. JKalai us great about posting the game trade in deals. I don't have any interest in this but some do and it's particularly helpful for those stuck with GS gift cards. So I just skip over those. I don't complain about it because it is useful information. We all have different situations (i.e., credit cards in our wallet, access to fuel points, risk tolerances, time horizons, etc.) so what's not useful to me may very well be useful to others.

There are also Texas Roadhouse physical GCs. I checked because this new policy totally messes up my plan to pay for several meals while my family is at Gatlinburg next year. I was going to use Target GCs from Swagbucks to buy Texas Roadhouse, TGI Friday's, and Bubba Gump GCs. The only one that will still work is Texas Roadhouse.

Thanks for everyone's help!
Just wanted to come back and let everyone know I looked at the website wrong. The Texas Roadhouse GCs ARE physical GCs, but they are sold only in the store. I thought I saw that you could buy them online to get the 5% discount. But I was wrong. Sorry if I caused anyone confusion.

I just don't understand why people can't skip the messages that aren't relevant to them. JKalai us great about posting the game trade in deals. I don't have any interest in this but some do and it's particularly helpful for those stuck with GS gift cards. So I just skip over those. I don't complain about it because it is useful information. We all have different situations (i.e., credit cards in our wallet, access to fuel points, risk tolerances, time horizons, etc.) so what's not useful to me may very well be useful to others.

Exactly, it just takes a few seconds to determine if something is relevant to me or not. There's been more than a few times that something I didn't think was relevant ended up being something that does work for me. I had no interest in Ebates when I first heard about it. But now I can't even imagine buying anything online without checking to see if I can get cashback for my purchase. Six months ago if you'd told me I'd be considering buying and selling games with GameStop and Best Buy I'd have thought you were crazy but I'm seriously considering giving it a try thanks to @JKalai.

Thank you for posting this! I successfully bought and traded two of the Rainbow Six Siege, but screwed up the other - I'm not sure what was different about the title I bought and traded, but I only got $7 for it. Not a big deal, since my goal was to use up my Game Stop cards and this wasn't as big a hit as if I had just sold it on Raise or wherever.

Do we know how long Best Buy is offering these prices? I have another GS I can check out tomorrow and maybe use a bit more of what I have on hand...

Thanks again!!!

No problem!

If you bought the wrong game by accident, you can still return it at GameStop! As long as you buy it used, you can return it opened within a week.

I still haven't seen on when the values will hold, but I just traded in 3 rainbow six on each console, samurai empires, and a Halo 5 I already had and beat. CS agent handed me a $220 GC for about $135ish in GC credit for the games :)

I wanted to share Amex promotions $10 statement credit for $25 spend at carrabba's. I used it today to get a $25 GC you can resell the GC for $18.50 or you can keep it for future use or gifts. We don't go there often, but I figure we we haven't used it until December we will use it as gift for postal lady, or stockings.

I personally would prefer not to have these types of posts included in this thread, sorry to quote your post @LisaT91403 you are just the last one I saw, not the only one. All (or at least far more than just the BB flip) could be considered "sketchy" or "bad faith" by many, it's all relative. All are certainly entitled to their opinion but maybe start a new thread, "Throwing the first stone (and subsequent stones) at Disney Gift Card Deals gone too far".

I agree and that was the point I was trying to make (above) when JKalai was getting chastised when sharing the BB return "churn" (for lack of a better word). The strategy is not for me but IMHO JKalai has mad cred here for helping tons of people.

To Whom It May Concern and @otterpop:

Please don't change a thing on this thread. For those who have spent months and more reviewing and following it, we have saved hundreds to thousands of dollars, much of which is in Disney GCs. We have also been able to parlay these techniques using this collaborative format to extend our savings into many other aspects of our daily lives. Some may not understand what my Kroger fuel savings means but others on here who have taken the time realize that money is a special day for DD and I at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, or a character meal instead of CS for the fifty-sixth time that week, or that ornament that's a little pricey but would be a precious souvenir....

Most people are respectful and generous with their time and knowledge on here. I would like to continue this as it is my main draw to the Dis.

Was just on the Target website and looking to add Disney GCs for an upcoming trip and saw this:

You cannot use a Target GiftCard to purchase this card. (emphasis added)
  • Card Issuer: Disney
  • Dollar Value: 100
  • Active Timeframe: Does not expire
  • Rechargeable: No
  • Expiration Length: Does not expire
  • Places of Redemption: Select Disney Locations
  • Delivery Method: Standard Mail
  • TCIN: 47984832
  • UPC: 799366327813
  • Store Item Number (DPCI): 276-03-0292
Just wondering if anybody has been able to buy physical Disney GCs online recently with a Target GC? Do I have to buy all Disney GCs in store now in order to pay with Target GC?
I bought 3 50s not even 15 minutes ago, paid almost $30 with my redcard (because I got a letter saying my redcard hadn't been used for too long and I needed to use it or lose it) and the rest with target gift cards.
The 50s are no longer available online. I did see that statement for the 100s. EEK! I would still try to buy them, but include something else in the order and see if the software will allow the sale. Also, it may let you do it if the sale is tied to your RED Card. GOOD LUCK!

Oh crap, I put through an order for 5 x 100 cards this evening, paying solely with Target gift cards. I got the email saying they got my order. No cancellation yet. Damn, if that statement is true, that really sucks.

Oh crap, I put through an order for 5 x 100 cards this evening, paying solely with Target gift cards. I got the email saying they got my order. No cancellation yet. Damn, if that statement is true, that really sucks.
Keep us posted! If the software let you buy the cards, then there should be no problem as long as there are cards in stock. I hope.

Keep us posted! If the software let you buy the cards, then there should be no problem as long as there are cards in stock. I hope.

I will report back once I have either shipping notification or order cancellation. Crossing my fingers that you're right.

Here is the error message I am getting on Target.com when trying to purchase a Disney GC with a Target GC:

We could not process your payment. Check your card number and/or security and try again.

ETA: I am trying to buy a desk also and putting some balance on my Redcard.

I think it was 2 months ago that Target's website had changed and wasn't allowing gift cards, and things got fixed within a week.

I think it was 2 months ago that Target's website had changed and wasn't allowing gift cards, and things got fixed within a week.

I sure hope they fix it. I removed the Disney GC from my cart and was able to pay for the desk with a GC. I think the thing 2 mos ago with the target website would not even allow you to access your saved GCs nor pay for anything with a GC.

Exactly, it just takes a few seconds to determine if something is relevant to me or not. ......
Six months ago if you'd told me I'd be considering buying and selling games with GameStop and Best Buy I'd have thought you were crazy but I'm seriously considering giving it a try thanks to @JKalai.
Yep, your post is so very very true! I didn't care about ebates at first either, or even churning, but seeing the discussions finally got me to look at things and I'm so thankful I saw these things in here! It was a huge game changer for me, I probably would have missed it if it wasn't in here.
Same with the GS/BB trading business, lol. Exactly as you say, I'd have said I'd never actually trade video games!! And that's just what I did today and it was so easy, worked great and helped me solve half my GS gc troubles in just one afternoon! And, if one had the time and inclination, I could see doing this a bit to make a few bucks here and there. Not that I know anything about the games, lol, but the trading was fun!

Best Buy is upping the trade in values on their games this week. It doesn't say how long the values will hold, but they are great GS > BB credit movers with a bit of profit if you can find them used at GS.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/tra...D=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-DpPCiBrlyVTp_X8ZIOY4Bw
Here are the good ones:
Samurai Warriors 4: Empires - Gamestop $17.49 (15.74 w pro) > Best Buy $25
Rainbow Six Siege (both PS4 and XB1) - Gamestop $21.99 ($19.79 w/ pro) > Best Buy $25
:thanks::yay::yay::yay:
Thank you, Jkalai!! You Rock! So, first of all, DD26 and DF discussed this today. AFter talking the options, we figured it'd just be easier, and quicker, and maybe less risky to just sell back the GS gc's thru ebaycardcash and take the $142 loss. Not ideal but I'd get it back for churning sooner. Then I got home and checked the thread and you had posted this great infof! I suddenly really saw the value in doing this(sometimes it takes reading the new ideas over a few times, lol). I looked at the link and then checked GS site to see which games would be available at my GS or the next closest one I've used. Also called BB and verified I could do trades there. She said there was not a limit on how many, and no limit on how many per title,(she got that part wrong, as it's 3 per title per Ps4 or 3 xbox1). Anyway, I also looked up a few more titles than the ones above. I found a few that traded as preowned at $26.49. Well, figuring that coupled with the others lower prices might just have me break even, I made my list with what was available where.

Drove out to the GS in 25 min, and the woman who helped me was great, and grabbed my titles. Then she did the math. With 12 titles, she suggested the Pro card for $15 and it took off $27! So, I got 12 games for $300.97! Then with no minutes to spare, drove back to my local GS, and got 7 more titles, and paid $172. Went to best buy and was able to sell them 15 titles for $375, immediately back into ebay! Then I had four left of the same titles already used, so 3 rainbow siege xbox and 1 ps4. Called my daughter's DF from the parking lot and told him what I ended up doing, and he said what can I do, and he came right over and sold the last 4 for $100! So, I basically broke even, converting $475 GS gc's in to BB for about $473! So already got back almost half of my GS money! Very excited and hope to see more deals here, lol. Well actually, I did check all the games tonight and the Witcher 3 wild hunt game, pre is at $26.49, and if I'm lucky, they'll have 3 of xbox1 and 3 ps4 and I could basically get $150 in BB for just over that cost. I'm happy if I basically break even and don't take that loss I was figuring I had to.

Thank you again for your very helpful and timely info, you're awesome and definitely saved my butt, so I'm pretty happy with this! :worship:

The girl didn't know the end date for the BB $25 trade in, she said it wasn't listed, thought maybe a few weeks.

@Minniekins, even though it was effective earlier, it looks like eBay didn't actually start enforcing the $2K/60 limit until July 28. I was curious because when I took advantage of the 4X eBucks promo on July 21 I'd already spent over $2k in the past 60 days.
I hope you find a way to spend those GS without losing too much of your earnings.
Interesting, well hopefully they my timing from my purchases on July 21 will be the starting point they use!
Thank you very much, appreciate that, and today my GS saga took a much better turn, and noted in pp.

@Minniekins i hope you're GS situation improves. Have you thought about utilizing some for gifts for anyone you may know. They also sell some collectible type things like those funko figures and I got a Star Wars monopoly set there on clearance recently for the family.
Or do you have friends or family who could use GS gift cards for holidays they would buy off you?
Buy Sell Trade may also be an option..... If you can cut people a deal but not incur the resellers costs maybe that would help. Or even if you have a great rapport with one of the GS employees share you situation (to an extent) and maybe they or someone else would be into buying them.
Thanks for the good wishes and helpful suggestions. Yep, we talked it over, and with most of the options, I'd probably lose about 15% one way or the other. And nobody wanted and GS gc's, I asked that, lol, and no one really needed gifts from there. But, your thoughts on the GS employee are good, and I had a couple help me out at the couple stores I went to today, so that was great! I noted my great GS news above!

Oh, and to those wanting to remake this thread to their own satisfaction - This thread has been working great, as is, for very many people, posters and even lurkers, for a long time now, and there is a reason for that. It has evolved over time as various deals and situations change as to what will or will not work to make deals. End game is usually Disney, though many have found ways to expand their money saving ways even further. I think it's much more useful having all this info in one place, we just pick and choose what's relevant for ourselves at this stage, and that may change for as time passes and things change. For new posters to barge in and try to get mods to change things, as in 'they are doing this and I want them to do it different so make them stop', is pretty rude, imho. If you just want a thread on where to get a deal on how to get a sale on a Disney gc, that's going to be very short on info.

Last edited:
I was able to purchase 2 different orders through Target last night around 8:00 or 9:00. One order was for $100 Disney gc and other for $50. I used only target gift cards to pay and had no issues.
Just bought 2-$100s using 3 gift cards 10 minutes ago and got the confirmation email. I am not going to get high-anxiety about this one until there is a reason, but I will be most irritable if this method gets shut down too.

Am I the only one who thinks it's completely bizarre that some guy comes on our thread and tries to boss us around without even understanding what we're talking about? I mean who does that? Who looks at almost 1100 pages of conversations between strangers and says, "Y'all are doing this wrong and I want it fixed!"

I started this thread, and even though I don't post much I love reading how many people come on here and help each other save money for their Magical Disney trips. It is so wonderful. ALL the info is important to someone no matter if it is posted 1 time or 100 times. They are crazy. BYE BYE. you don't need to save :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter