Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in NC and just found the board last night..heading to Disney in a few weeks..thought we would try the Target discount today. already had the redcard, so went today. Needed diapers, which were on sale and if we bought 2, got a $15 gift card ...needed pull-ups and if we bought 2 packs, got a $10 gift card. Even without the gift card offer, they were on sale and less expensive than we usually pay. Now, we check out all of this...saving an additional 5%..get the 10 and 15 dollar gift cards, turn around and purchase $300 in Disney cards, get the 5% off the top, apply the 25 dollars in gift cards and check out at $260 for $300 worth of Disney cards! Sow..I feel like an extreme couponer now....even got my hubby a little excited..haha...thanks everyone for the tip. Lowe's hardware chIn in our town sells the Disney cards, but when we asked if we could use our military discount or 5% discount if use their credit card to purchSe, they said no...oh well, worth the try. Thanks again!:cool1:

We are in NC and just found the board last night..heading to Disney in a few weeks..thought we would try the Target discount today. already had the redcard, so went today. Needed diapers, which were on sale and if we bought 2, got a $15 gift card ...needed pull-ups and if we bought 2 packs, got a $10 gift card. Even without the gift card offer, they were on sale and less expensive than we usually pay. Now, we check out all of this...saving an additional 5%..get the 10 and 15 dollar gift cards, turn around and purchase $300 in Disney cards, get the 5% off the top, apply the 25 dollars in gift cards and check out at $260 for $300 worth of Disney cards! Sow..I feel like an extreme couponer now....even got my hubby a little excited..haha...thanks everyone for the tip. Lowe's hardware chIn in our town sells the Disney cards, but when we asked if we could use our military discount or 5% discount if use their credit card to purchSe, they said no...oh well, worth the try. Thanks again!:cool1:

Glad that you were able to take advantage of the Target Disney Gift Card Deal! :cool1:

Ok..Now, I am bummed out! I went back to Target today to use my same method and was told by the cashier, and two managers that they cannot sell Disney cards and use the target gift cards to purchase OR give the 5% off! I proved that I had already done this and showed them the receipts..I think all I did was to get the cashier from Saturday in trouble. I asked them if I could use my REDCARD and get 5% off of a gift card and was told "NO"..again, I said, well, if the Disney cards are the same category as a regular gift card, then why did it give me 5% off on Saturday? They had no answer, but this was certainly NOT a pleasant customer service experience. Has anyone else had issues such as this? I still want to purchase about $1000 in disney cards and now without a doubt, all the cashiers will be on high alert for me..haha Anyone else have this issue?

Wendy:rolleyes2

I would call Guest Relations. This is NOT accurate information they are giving you. Disney gift cards are NOT gift cards as far as Target's system is concerned. They are "entertainment cards" and ring as regular merchandise and are absolutely eligible for the 5% AND can be purchased with a gift card. Let me know if you need the number, I'd be happy to find it for you. You are NOT in the wrong for doing this.

Mynupasttime said:
Ok..Now, I am bummed out! I went back to Target today to use my same method and was told by the cashier, and two managers that they cannot sell Disney cards and use the target gift cards to purchase OR give the 5% off! I proved that I had already done this and showed them the receipts..I think all I did was to get the cashier from Saturday in trouble. I asked them if I could use my REDCARD and get 5% off of a gift card and was told "NO"..again, I said, well, if the Disney cards are the same category as a regular gift card, then why did it give me 5% off on Saturday? They had no answer, but this was certainly NOT a pleasant customer service experience. Has anyone else had issues such as this? I still want to purchase about $1000 in disney cards and now without a doubt, all the cashiers will be on high alert for me..haha Anyone else have this issue?

I've never used a Target GC towards a Disney GC, by used my Target redcard and saved the 5%. It's been a few months, but I plan on getting more here soon for our trip in November. I don't see why this is a problem.

Mynupasttime said:

As the others said, you were told wrong.

I've never used a Target GC towards a Disney GC, by used my Target redcard and saved the 5%. It's been a few months, but I plan on getting more here soon for our trip in November. I don't see why this is a problem.

Right. You won't get the 5% if you use a standard Target Gift Card to buy a Disney Gift Card. You must use the Target Debit or Credit card.

So I contacted Target corporate and they have emailed me back wanting more information to "investigate" my complaint. In the meantime, I went to another target while traveling in a nearby town today...walked in, bought $300 in Disney cards and used 2 $5.00 target gift cards and my Redcard to purchase them (With the 5% deducted)... Never questioned...no problems...WHAT? How can this be? After the fiasco at my local store yesterday and being told I cannot use a Target Gift Card OR cannot get 5% off of the Disney cards if I use my Redcard? I can't wait to see what Target corporate has to say about this when they get back to me. This is my new mission...haha. My hubby just thinks this is so funny how I am out to prove Target wrong...keep you guys updated. PS: if I get removed from Target in a cop car, I have given my log in info to my husband so he can get the money you guys are saving to post bond for me! Haha. :rotfl2:

So I contacted Target corporate and they have emailed me back wanting more information to "investigate" my complaint. In the meantime, I went to another target while traveling in a nearby town today...walked in, bought $300 in Disney cards and used 2 $5.00 target gift cards and my Redcard to purchase them (With the 5% deducted)... Never questioned...no problems...WHAT? How can this be? After the fiasco at my local store yesterday and being told I cannot use a Target Gift Card OR cannot get 5% off of the Disney cards if I use my Redcard? I can't wait to see what Target corporate has to say about this when they get back to me. This is my new mission...haha. My hubby just thinks this is so funny how I am out to prove Target wrong...keep you guys updated. PS: if I get removed from Target in a cop car, I have given my log in info to my husband so he can get the money you guys are saving to post bond for me! Haha. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

I would love for you to walk in your local Target and present your gift card to the cashier...then just whip out your Redcard and swipe it through the machine. If they say, "Hey you can't do that!", you could just say..."watch this and see!". :rotfl2:

You would think they would just want to see what happens with the register, because they can get the same deal but even better with their employee discount!! :confused3

Mynupasttime said:
So I contacted Target corporate and they have emailed me back wanting more information to "investigate" my complaint. In the meantime, I went to another target while traveling in a nearby town today...walked in, bought $300 in Disney cards and used 2 $5.00 target gift cards and my Redcard to purchase them (With the 5% deducted)... Never questioned...no problems...WHAT? How can this be? After the fiasco at my local store yesterday and being told I cannot use a Target Gift Card OR cannot get 5% off of the Disney cards if I use my Redcard? I can't wait to see what Target corporate has to say about this when they get back to me. This is my new mission...haha. My hubby just thinks this is so funny how I am out to prove Target wrong...keep you guys updated. PS: if I get removed from Target in a cop car, I have given my log in info to my husband so he can get the money you guys are saving to post bond for me! Haha.

Let's just hope that Target corporate doesn't start considering the Disney gift cards as "gift cards" instead of "entertainment cards". Then we probably wouldn't get the 5% off anymore.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Let's just hope that Target corporate doesn't start considering the Disney gift cards as "gift cards" instead of "entertainment cards". Then we probably wouldn't get the 5% off anymore.

:thumbsup2 While I appreciate people being excited about the savings. I usually don't read these threads cause it always seems someone is over analyzing it, asking millions of questions then going to the stores asking the same questions, they dont get the same answer and start screaming (figurative), drawing undo attention to it. Seriously don't ask just do it. Swipe the card yourself and watch the numbers change. If people keep calling corporate about this they will change it! (and no the pp is not the first to do this) This is not meant to be mean and scare off the PP, Glad she found the boards as it is a wealth of knowledge!

aprincessatlast said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUSIEQ

While I appreciate people being excited about the savings. I usually don't read these threads cause it always seems someone is over analyzing it, asking millions of questions then going to the stores asking the same questions, they dont get the same answer and start screaming (figurative), drawing undo attention to it. Seriously don't ask just do it. Swipe the card yourself and watch the numbers change. If people keep calling corporate about this they will change it! (and no the pp is not the first to do this)

Exactly!!! Don't draw unneeded attention!

gr8tdame said:
Target has the worst customer service... That's why I boycott Target.
JMHO

This!!! I thought I was the only one! Glad to know I am not alone! I just can't/won't/don't go there.

:thumbsup2 While I appreciate people being excited about the savings. I usually don't read these threads cause it always seems someone is over analyzing it, asking millions of questions then going to the stores asking the same questions, they dont get the same answer and start screaming (figurative), drawing undo attention to it. Seriously don't ask just do it. Swipe the card yourself and watch the numbers change. If people keep calling corporate about this they will change it! (and no the pp is not the first to do this) This is not meant to be mean and scare off the PP, Glad she found the boards as it is a wealth of knowledge!

I feel the same way...didn't ask to use the gift card (all $10 of it! :) ) just was stopped mid-transaction by the cashier saying I hope I knew I could not use that Target gift card to purchase those Disney cards. Again, just did it 2 days earlier no problem. So, my beef is really about being told wrong information about a gift card, didn't even get far enough in the transaction to apply the Redcard discount. i don't think using the Redcard should be an issue with the discount since you just purchase and swipe. so, hopefully no one is having issues with that..again, just sharing my experience by using previous poster's experience with purchasing items needed for an instant tRget gift card and then using the gift card to purchase Disney cards.

Planning on heading back this weekend to buy the rest and get my 5% off! Then off to see THE mouse in 9 days..with a happy little 6 yr old for her birthday! Yippee! :yay:

This!!! I thought I was the only one! Glad to know I am not alone! I just can't/won't/don't go there.

WalMart is far worse than Target. Try finding someone to help you with something. they shuffle you to ten different people. Forget waiting in the 2 checkout lines that are open with 10 people in each. And don't even get me started on the cashiers. I was buying a gift card and because the cashier told me that it was recalled I gave up and went to Target.....

And don't even get me started on Kmart.....

Most Target team members don't realize that the Disney gift cards are actually Entertainment cards. My DH, who works at Target didn't realize it until I went to purchase ours. He did a double take and said, "I learned something from you.

You have to educate them sometimes. Because you can't you the 5% off Target gift cards. They are actual gift cards and not entertainment cards.

I don't even ask them anymore. I just buy them and watch the discounts roll off the bill.

CatNipRules said:
Most Target team members don't realize that the Disney gift cards are actually Entertainment cards.

This.

The other issue is that Target corporate sends a lot of mixed signals to the stores. One week something is llowed, then later it's absolutely forbidden, so that leads to misinformation being spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter