Disney Gift Card Deals

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Wanna be Ariel, Jun 13, 2012.

1. CherylA

CherylA DIS Veteran

I just set up a baby registery and put the gift cards and the stuf that my kids have started asking for for Christmas on it. It will serve a multitude of purposes. It will #1 of course get me a discount on the gift cards. #2 be a running list of what my kids are asking for for Christmas #3 be a list I can direct friends and family to if they ask what the kids want for Christmas. #4 I can buy the stuff my kids want for a discount! This is win win!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CherylA

CherylA DIS Veteran

Okay so I made my Target registery and set an event date (supposed baby due date) of Sept 22. So when will I be given the opportunity to buy my items at a discount?

4. missx0xdelaney

missx0xdelaney Mouseketeer

They do have wish list registries. I believe you have to set them up online, I don't remember seeing the option on the kiosks but you can look them up there and bring the printout to guest services for the scanner. I don't believe you get the coupon for these unless things have recently changed. I made one and never received a coupon.

5. moobar25

moobar25 Mouseketeer

I just used a Target GC (which I got for buying Dial soap) to purchase iTunes GC. I had no problems with that. Plus I signed up for the Red Card and got 5% off the iTunes - which is on top of the 10% off they were having. Saved 14.5% total.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the tip!

As a side note on the Red Card 5% discount:
    Check your receipts before leaving the store to make sure you got the full 5% off. I just spent 20 minutes with the manager teaching her math. The register only took off 2.9% for some reason. So I had to show them that they owe me the remaining 2.1% savings. Don't know if I am the only one that this has happened to. It all worked out in the end. I'm just glad I checked the math with my phone calculator before going home.

6. missx0xdelaney

If you used a giftcard to pay for the iTunes card, you did not get 5% off that portion of your transaction. The 5% only comes off the amount that is CHARGED to the Redcard. Likewise, if your discount isn't a full 5% I'd be willing to guess you might not have charged the whole total (Could be wrong but I've never heard of this ever happening in the 2 years the discount has been active).

7. ltl engine

ltl engine Mouseketeer

Can we buy multiple cards? or maybe my husband buy 1 and I buy 1? I looked at the terms and it did not say 1 per household etc???

8. 2princesses3princes

2princesses3princes Mouseketeer

Is there a cost to buy the American express reloadable card?

9. nightshaderose

nightshaderose Mouseketeer

I ordered one and there was no cost for the card itself (aside from the $200 loaded on to it), but you have to do it via electronic bank transfer, and it takes a few days to get that sorted out (you give them your account info, then they do some tiny test deposits to make sure everything's above board), and *then* they withdraw the $200 and print your card.
    According to the web site, there's also no cost to add more money if you do it via electronic transfer. The costs come in if you use it at an ATM or add money via MoneyPack or similar.

10. Belle0101

Belle0101 <font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color

I'm sorry, I've looked online at my WDW reservation and I just can't find where I, if I can, pay on my reservation using the Disney Gift Cards. I'm sure it's probably obvious and I've overlooked it.

Would someone be able to let me know where to look for this at on the site, please?

I would call and pay but I have a lot, a lot, of gift cards.

Thanks so much!! :goodvibes

11. HoosierDaddy71

HoosierDaddy71 Mouseketeer

Did you book through the WDW website?

If so, then find your resort reservation, click on View Details. The look for the link that says something like "Pay balance" I would do a screenshot but our trip is paid off so I don't get the link any more. I am pretty sure if you booked by TA, you have to call the TA to pay with GC.

12. TinkNemoMom

TinkNemoMom Earning My Ears

Im subbing in to this thread. Thank you all for the

13. LynnTH

LynnTH DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the Employee Target Discount works on these in addition to the Target Debit Card?

14. missx0xdelaney

Yes, it does.

15. LynnTH

LynnTH DIS Veteran

Awesome. Thank You!!

16. jessrose18

jessrose18 ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

i am not seeing any kind of promo for the ax cards??? do you need an offer or is it for anyone? thanks :)

17. Belle0101

Belle0101 <font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color

I started to book through the WDW website but then I had a question about using a AAA discount so I called. I went ahead and booked while I was on the phone. That must be the reason why I don't see a "Pay Balance" link.

I'll have to call then. I might call a few times. I can see how entering 35+ $50 GC in one call would be tiring for a CM.

Thanks for your help. At least I know it wasn't me missing the obvious now. :thumbsup2

18. missx0xdelaney

I booked my trip in May on the phone and was still able to use the link. It showed up in several places on the site. At the top of the page there was a banner that told me what my remaining balance was, when it was due and then said 'pay balance now'. Then under my reservations it had the same information, in addition to details about my stay (dates, resort, etc), and then the 'pay balance now' option.

19. GoofyMB

GoofyMB Mouseketeer

I also booked over the phone because I had a pin and the pay balance link is there for me. After you click on pay balance you can change the payment method to gift card and enter the amount of payment

20. Hook326

Hook326 Mouseketeer

You can now enter your gift cards through the automated line instead of talking to a cm. Just a short time ago it wasn't this way (at least that worked for me) so I'm happy about this. I felt bad giving the cm too many giftcards at once so I was only doing 4-5 at a time. One day I called to do more, and there was an automated option that worked for entering multiple gift cards!

The website would only let me enter one giftcard at a time and not a partial payment when I tried that.

21. moobar25

moobar25 Mouseketeer