Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
B
The other issue is that Target corporate sends a lot of mixed signals to the stores. One week something is llowed, then later it's absolutely dbag

*nods* This is totally true. DH says that he is constantly having to read through the corporate crap that they send down. LOL!

His store has a lot of leniency as far as certain things go. He's been with Target for 22 years and still didn't know about the entertainment cards getting the discount. Now that he knows he's able to pass it along to his team members.

Bumping thread. Unfortunately I don't have a Target on my landmass (yet, rumors are we'll be more civilized and have a Target of our own in a few years ...), so I can't save 5% that way. Checked all the gift card swap sites and none of them have Disney gift cards that work in the parks (only ones for the Disney Store merchandise). No BJ's, Giant's, or Krogers here either ... in fact I don't think any of those chains exist west of the Rockies (well, BJ's is a restaurant on the west coast).

Best thing I can come up with atm is that Discover is having 5% cash back on all online shopping from Oct-December, up to $1500. So if I order gift cards from DisneyStore.com, on my Discover card, in theory I could get 5% cash back next month. Need to add the dining plan to my DVC reservation before my December trip, so I might as well get a little extra for it I guess.

Any other West Coasters or people without a Target near them find any good deals?

Best thing I can come up with atm is that Discover is having 5% cash back on all online shopping from Oct-December, up to $1500. So if I order gift cards from DisneyStore.com, on my Discover card, in theory I could get 5% cash back next month.

Didn't even think of that. Thanks for the idea!

Bumping thread. Unfortunately I don't have a Target on my landmass (yet, rumors are we'll be more civilized and have a Target of our own in a few years ...), so I can't save 5% that way. Checked all the gift card swap sites and none of them have Disney gift cards that work in the parks (only ones for the Disney Store merchandise). No BJ's, Giant's, or Krogers here either ... in fact I don't think any of those chains exist west of the Rockies (well, BJ's is a restaurant on the west coast).

Best thing I can come up with atm is that Discover is having 5% cash back on all online shopping from Oct-December, up to $1500. So if I order gift cards from DisneyStore.com, on my Discover card, in theory I could get 5% cash back next month. Need to add the dining plan to my DVC reservation before my December trip, so I might as well get a little extra for it I guess.

Any other West Coasters or people without a Target near them find any good deals?

Be careful with the Discover card 5% back. I have that as well and I THINK gift cards may be excluded. ALthough that could be through the discover shopping part of the website. I tried doing that to get the 10% back from the Disney Store special they were having and gift cards were excluded.

I must have missed this elsewhere, but you can only pay for your reservation with gift cards over the phone on PACKAGE deals.

If you have a ROOM-ONLY deal like I have (as an AP holder), you must pay Disney the deposit and then pay with your gift cards AT THE HOTEL when you arrive.

I didn't know this until today.

I have room only and have been able to call and make payments with gift cards over the phone.... weird. Wonder if this is new since I made my last payment?

Be careful with the Discover card 5% back. I have that as well and I THINK gift cards may be excluded. ALthough that could be through the discover shopping part of the website. I tried doing that to get the 10% back from the Disney Store special they were having and gift cards were excluded.
Yes, that's on the ShopDiscover part of the website that excludes gift cards.

Basically the online shopping 5% will do one no good Jan-Sept, and I read the fine print for Oct-Dec, and it did not exclude gift cards.

Yes, that's on the ShopDiscover part of the website that excludes gift cards.

Basically the online shopping 5% will do one no good Jan-Sept, and I read the fine print for Oct-Dec, and it did not exclude gift cards.

Ohhh good to know! May have to make a trip to my local Disney Store with my Discover card! I am taking full advantage of their 5% back on gas right now! Also got my annual pass with this quarters 5% bonus on theme park tickets.

Ohhh good to know! May have to make a trip to my local Disney Store with my Discover card! I am taking full advantage of their 5% back on gas right now! Also got my annual pass with this quarters 5% bonus on theme park tickets.

Since its online shopping I don't think it'll work at your local Disney store ...

We booked our upcoming Disney trip through a TA. Can you pay with GCs when yu book through a TA? Or can I pay directly through Disney? I was only thinking of deals for GCs for spending money. It never occurred to me to use them to pay for the trip itself. If I can find a deal on GCs even a small savings can add up when you talk about the cost of a Disney vacation.

lucifie said:
We booked our upcoming Disney trip through a TA. Can you pay with GCs when yu book through a TA? Or can I pay directly through Disney? I was only thinking of deals for GCs for spending money. It never occurred to me to use them to pay for the trip itself. If I can find a deal on GCs even a small savings can add up when you talk about the cost of a Disney vacation.

Yes, you can use gift cards when paying on your vacation through a travel agent.

If anyone has a Meijer near them, they have a promotion going right now (through October I believe) where you buy a $25 GC and you get $10 off a pair of jeans. They had jeans for $10 last week, so I got quite a few free pairs for my daughter. I discovered by accident that you could buy a $25 Meijer GC and then use that GC in another transaction to purchase a $25 Disney Gift card. The cashier called a manager over to make sure they could do this, and the manager told her that as long as it went through, to go ahead. So for $25 I got two free pairs of jeans and a $25 Disney card.

http://www.savingaddiction.com/?p=28194#comments

I'm sorry, I've looked online at my WDW reservation and I just can't find where I, if I can, pay on my reservation using the Disney Gift Cards. I'm sure it's probably obvious and I've overlooked it.

Would someone be able to let me know where to look for this at on the site, please?

I would call and pay but I have a lot, a lot, of gift cards.

Thanks so much!! :goodvibes

You can call the gift card phone number and they can condense all your gift cards into one so when you call to pay off your reservation you and the reservation agent won't go crazy!

When Kroger had their 4x fuel points on *GC, this gave us enough points for (4) 35 gal fill-ups @ $2 off. Plus we used our Discover with 1% cashback rewards. Made me a very happy camper...

*For reference, we purchased $2,000 in Disney gift cards.

You can call the gift card phone number and they can condense all your gift cards into one so when you call to pay off your reservation you and the reservation agent won't go crazy!

If she bought them from anyplace other than the Disney store they can't do this. It would be nice, but unfortunately it can't be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter