Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone share my disdain for Best Buy? I got suckered in by the get $10 ebay GC with your $100 BB GC deal recently. It seemed too good to pass up, even if Best Buy has repeatedly disappointed me in the past. I got the GCs from PayPal OK but since then it has been awful. First, I ordered the GCs and my local store ran out. I chose the next closest store and then the next day they cancelled the order. Finally, on Friday, another local store got them in stock. I ordered them and got the note to pick them up. When I got to the store (a BB Mobile), they were too busy to deal with me because they had a line of customers buying the iPhone 6S. OK, I finally get a cashier and he tries to scan them in but is not able to activate them (one of the cards has already been scratched too). He then says he can cancel the order and then I can use the GCs to pay for them. Once he cancels the order, he says he's still not able to activate the cards and that I'll just have to wait for a "big regular store" to get them in stock and MAYBE they'll be able to help me. So, am I just unlucky with BB or have others had similar experiences?

So not worth the extra $20 I got on the deal. Buyer beware when it comes to Best Buy! :(

That's really odd. I picked some up from our local best buy and also the best buy mobile in our mall. I paid for both online with the giftcards, free in store pick up and didn't have an issue at either one.

Has anyone ever had a problem sending target gift cards to your house? I just had one sent for the first time and it was stolen. Someone took the Target branded bubble mailer and sliced a hole in the middle of it. Usually when I have had tickets or gift cards sent before, it was always a pretty normal white envelope. I was surprised the gift card came in a paddled envelope where it was quite obvious what was in the package. I am now just sending everything to work to be safe. We have locked mail boxes so I didn't think it would be an issue.

Has anyone ever had a problem sending target gift cards to your house? I just had one sent for the first time and it was stolen. Someone took the Target branded bubble mailer and sliced a hole in the middle of it. Usually when I have had tickets or gift cards sent before, it was always a pretty normal white envelope. I was surprised the gift card came in a paddled envelope where it was quite obvious what was in the package. I am now just sending everything to work to be safe. We have locked mail boxes so I didn't think it would be an issue.
No but I'm nervous because someone on FB had the Disney gift cards they ordered from Target stolen and said Target's position was that it wasn't their problem.

Last edited:
I called Target's customer service number since I too ordered a $100 Disney gift card from Target. I talked with two people and they were able to transfer me to someone who only deals with gift cards and they were able to refund my purchase at target.com and I just re-bought and sent to work. I am sure though this was a one time thing.

The thing that ticks me off is, the person who stole the card will get free and clear now $100 to Disney since Target is not able to locate the card number to cancel it.

I have since reported my issue with USPS too.

I haven't ordered DGC through Target yet, but is it through USPS? If I know it's USPS, you can sign up for USPS choice and select which package deliver to your local USPS to hold. That's what I have been doing with Giftcard Mall purchases from eBay. Hopefully it's USPS at Target.

I haven't had them stolen, but I have had them deliver it to my neighbors house. So, now I check the thing that says require signature at delivery and they come by UPS. They now come much quicker, the tracking is better, and I feel safer with them in the UPS system versus the USPS.

Yikes! I haven't had this happen, but mine do always come by bubble mailer. I don't know why since it seems like a huge waste of packaging, but whatever.

That's really odd. I picked some up from our local best buy and also the best buy mobile in our mall. I paid for both online with the giftcards, free in store pick up and didn't have an issue at either one.

And I spoke to soon. One of the two orders was never activated. Does anyone know who to contact at best buy to get the ebay gift cards activated?

And I spoke to soon. One of the two orders was never activated. Does anyone know who to contact at best buy to get the ebay gift cards activated?
I don't have any suggestions, but I do wish you GOOD LUCK dealing with Best Buy!

Good tip on the USPS holding or having it sent with signature. I need to look closer at my checkout! Especially with the holidays coming up. Last year we had a package stolen from our front stoop.

Looks like the Ebay glitch on the Best Buy website is wide spread. If you ordered Ebay cards through best buy you might want to check to see if they activated.... *sigh*

If you are ordering from Target.com, you can check a box (during checkout) that says you want a signature required for delivery. This means they will deliver via UPS with signature required rather than via US Mail. I do this for gift cards.

You also get the delivery faster this way because US Mail is so slow!

If you are ordering from Target.com, you can check a box (during checkout) that says you want a signature required for delivery. This means they will deliver via UPS with signature required rather than via US Mail. I do this for gift cards.

You also get the delivery faster this way because US Mail is so slow!
Is it still free shipping if you select this option?

Ugh, I saw those a little while ago. I'm on the fence about ordering more but I have $200 in eBay gift cards I need to use! I'm still waiting for my refund from the last order they messed up. They are now saying there's a problem with my PayPal account so they can't refund me! I know there are no problems with it because I was just using it this weekend. So frustrating!!

I've ordered thousands of dollars of Disney gift cards from target and every so often I'll get a package that is sliced open. Luckily the gift cards have never fallen out but I've always assumed it was USPS's poor handling of the packages. There is literally a gash through them like someone cut through them with a box cutter. But since the gift cards have always been in there, I never attributed it to someone trying to steal them. But yeah, that's happened to me a few times already. Smh.

I have 3 eBay gift cards that I'm trying to use but it says I can't use them for my order. I called to check the balance and they are fine. Anybody experience this?

I have 3 eBay gift cards that I'm trying to use but it says I can't use them for my order. I called to check the balance and they are fine. Anybody experience this?
Did you just buy them? It typically takes up to 4 hours for them to be activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter