Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many cards were you buying? If you just got your card today, you will start out with a pretty low limit - using your card will increase the amount you can buy. Maybe you didn't get it because you were buying over your card limit? :confused3

I also bought a $50 Disney card yesterday with my Target debit card. Anything is possible, I guess, but I doubt they quit allowing that overnight? :confused3

How many cards were you buying? If you just got your card today, you will start out with a pretty low limit - using your card will increase the amount you can buy. Maybe you didn't get it because you were buying over your card limit? :confused3

I also bought a $50 Disney card yesterday with my Target debit card. Anything is possible, I guess, but I doubt they quit allowing that overnight? :confused3

I don't have a card limit. I tried to purchase 40 cards. Then they even tried one card and no discount still. I hope there all wrong but it doesn't look that way.

Cherene said:
I don't have a card limit. I tried to purchase 40 cards. Then they even tried one card and no discount still. I hope there all wrong but it doesn't look that way.

If you just got your debit card today, then you do have a limit. It's not something they'll tell you about or even that most cashiers would know about. The corporate Red Card people will not approve certain transactions until after you've been using the card for a whole because they want to get a sense of your purchasing habits so they can tell between your purchases and a fraudulent transaction. It's supposed to be there "for your security".

Yeah - I'm guessing that's what happened. All Target debit cards have a limit and since you immediately tried to make a large purchase (were they $50 cards? That's $2000 - starting limits on the debit cards are around $150), they probably flagged that card immediately. Were you using your temp card or the one that came in the mail? I didn't even try to use my temporary card - the limits may even be lower on those.

Cherene said:
That's what I got today and yes I put my pin in then it went to the next screen that says pay this amount and you have to press Yes or No. I didn't go pass that point because there was no deal on it.

I can confirm this. They are no longer listed under 'Entertainment' Cards and are something like Brinkr brand... And you don't get 5% off.. I tried Saturday.

dtnrhi said:
Quote:
I can confirm this. They are no longer listed under 'Entertainment' Cards and are something like Brinkr brand... And you don't get 5% off.. I tried Saturday.

WOW, Bummer! I wonder if you can still pay for the Disney gift cards with Target gift cards??

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

SUSIEQ said:
WOW, Bummer! I wonder if you can still pay for the Disney gift cards with Target gift cards??

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

You can pay for absolutely anything with a Target gift card except for a Visa/Amex gift card because those are technically cash.

I wonder if this could be one of those things that's related to individual states' gift card laws and not necessarily a Target specific thing? Some states have very specific laws about what's allowed to be done with gift card sales.

missx0xdelaney said:
I wonder if this could be one of those things that's related to individual states' gift card laws and not necessarily a Target specific thing? Some states have very specific laws about what's allowed to be done with gift card sales.

But the ones I have seem usually are to protect the consumer. I don't see this as anything but to increase the stores profit margin. Depending on what Target has to pay Disney I can certainly understand but would hate to lose this benefit.

Wow:crazy2: I was able to pay for my whole trip with these cards. What state are you in? Just wondering if it is a state issue.popcorn::

If Target is transitioning to no 5% discount on Disney gift cards, what's the advantage of buying Target gift cards to purchase them? I thought you don't get the 5% discount when buying Target gift cards.

dtnrhi said:

Eeeek! May have to go to Target today to try this out for myself! This has been such a great deal (especially stacked with pharmacy rewards!), that I've been worried Target would change their policy...

I wonder if the Pharmacy 5% off coupon still works?

islandtimect said:
If Target is transitioning to no 5% discount on Disney gift cards, what's the advantage of buying Target gift cards to purchase them? I thought you don't get the 5% discount when buying Target gift cards.

You don't, but if you get a a Target gift card as a gift or free with a promotion, that's money off your Disney card. Also for team members, we are able to use our Team Member discount only when purchasing items with a Target credit/debit card, cash, check, or Target gift card. (No regular debit/credit cards allowed)

ok I don't know if it is a state thing or what but my husband is at Target now, he just purchased a disney entertainment card (he texted me at 10:47am) and got both his employee discount and Target credit card discount worked just fine.

Darn. I may need to try this after work. I wasplanning on using this discount to offset my DVC annual dues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter