Disney Gift Card Deals

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Wanna be Ariel, Jun 13, 2012.

1. kelleigh1

kelleigh1 <font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree

I got my debit card in September and immediately after I got it, I purchased my new camera, which was $300. I also did a little additional shopping. If there is a limit, I have no idea what it is, but mine definitely wasn't $150. Perhaps it varies by individual based on what your bank account looks like at the time you apply.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Golf4food

Golf4food Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Male pirate last ti

I've purchased $500 in Disney gift cards in a single transaction (final price of $465 after Red Card and a $10 off coupon) with no problem at all.

4. Cherene

Cherene Earning My Ears

OK everyone I called the number for credit services today and told them what happened and they told me to go back to the store and try it again. They instructed me to call them if there were any problems. I went and purchased $500 worth with no problem :scratchin Strange why today and not yesterday. I can't believe these employee's would tell me that and one was even a manager. :mad: I will have to go back a couple times because it wouldn't allow me to purchase more cards after that purchase. I wish I was near a HEB :).

5. Cherene

Cherene Earning My Ears

Yes you are right, they told me I didn't have a limit at the desk but they also said they don't do the 5% anymore. They were wrong on both accounts. See my other post. :)

6. Cherene

Cherene Earning My Ears

I used my temp card and they were $50 cards. Read my other post about today. :)

7. zeferjen

zeferjen Mother Knows Best

Thank goodness! You gave me a scare :goodvibes

8. Echo queen

Echo queen <font color=darkcoral>I like the idea of being clo

Glad it was just a fluke. :surfweb:

9. ValpoCory

ValpoCory DIS Veteran

I posted this is the H-E-B thread, but I thought it deserved a repost here just in case some only see this thread. You only have until midnight Tuesday night to try this.

I figured out a way to turn this 16.7% Disney Gift Card discount into a 20% discount. If you happened to take advantage of the HEB Cyber Monday $5 off $50 deal (it may still be available), you can print off as many copies of it as you want. And this coupon is stackable with the H-E-B coupons.

So I bought a $100 Disney Gift Card, used the coupon for $15 off, and then used the Cyber Monday print out email barcode for $5 more off. I paid $80, so 20% off. I repeated that a few times.

10. Angie789

Angie789 Mouseketeer

A while back, a Target employee posted a chart on here about the limits on the cards - that is where I got the $150 figure as the starting limit (and my memory is fuzzy on that - it might have been more but it wasn't much more. Again, IIRC, that was the limit for the temp card which is what it sounded like the OP had - she had just opened the account). But based on what others have posted here, it sounds like that has changed. Not an issue to me since we aren't fans of staying on-site at Disney so I am never trying to purchase enough to pay for an entire package. But I'm glad it's easier for others.

11. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

The Facebook promo isn't valid on gift cards.

:earsboy: Bill

12. Echo queen

Thanks for this info but the it says excludes gift card purchases, so they will accept it anyway?:confused3. Headed back today hope it works. :)

13. SUSIEQ

SUSIEQ DIS Veteran

Wonder if that just means HEB and Amex/Visa gift cards are excluded?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

14. ValpoCory

ValpoCory DIS Veteran

Yep. That's what that means. It works on Disney "entertainment" cards. Plus, you don't technically have to use a Mastercard to make the purchase.

15. Echo queen

Really you don't have to use MasterCard?? I checked my wallet and I don't have a MasterCard in it right now and I'm at work.:woohoo: so I can use a Visa??? If so :woohoo:

16. ValpoCory

ValpoCory DIS Veteran

That's right. Once the Bar Code on the offer is scanned, it just takes $5 off your total. You can use any payment method. I used my Disney Visa to essentially get 21% off Disney through this deal.

17. Echo queen

That's great headind over at lunch.:yay:

18. w84no1

w84no1 Mouseketeer

19. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

20. phins_jazy

phins_jazy You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters.

yup! Just got back from my target and they didn't even bat an eye!

21. disneydreamgirl

disneydreamgirl DIS Veteran