Disney Fantasy November 19, 2016 - Eastern Thanksgiving Cruise

We are definitely interested in being part of that. Anyone more knowledgeable about them and want to organize it? If not I can go check other boards to see how it is done and give it a go.

Here ya go....
SETTING UP A FE GROUP
It appears there are a number of you who are interested in a Fish Extender group. There isn’t one currently set up here on DISBoards. Here’s a little write up on how FE groups are set up:

There really are no “rules” as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/ favorite character/ favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know in order to create the gifts. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE group. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will “close”. Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will post the list, either directly on the Cruise Meet thread, OR via private conversation, or, possibility, via e-mails. This is to confirm everyone on the list is still participating. It’s important to make a state about “anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped” at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as they reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a “pixie dust” list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their “final” list. Be sure the “pixie dust” list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other “biggie” is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how to find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

Let the planning begin! Who's sailing the Fantasy for Thanksgiving 2016?

We are going and are excited about the FE. Has anyone organized anything yet? This will be our family's third Thanksgiving cruise on the Fantasy in a row and we are so excited!!!
THis is our first Thanksgiving cruise - do you know if they decorate for Christmas?

THis is our first Thanksgiving cruise - do you know if they decorate for Christmas?
I have not seen anything organized for FE on this cruise anywhere. If anyone has any information, please let me know. My family would love to participate!

I know links to other sites aren't permitted, but I'm not sure about simple mentions. I know that there's an FE being organized via another social media site with a group setup for this cruise. That's as specific as I'll get! ;) (Admins please delete if this post is against the rules; I couldn't tell if a mention was OK if it didn't include specifics.)

I know links to other sites aren't permitted, but I'm not sure about simple mentions. I know that there's an FE being organized via another social media site with a group setup for this cruise. That's as specific as I'll get! ;) (Admins please delete if this post is against the rules; I couldn't tell if a mention was OK if it didn't include specifics.)
I have searched but can't find it... any way you can message me the name of the group? thanks!

I have not seen anything organized for FE on this cruise anywhere. If anyone has any information, please let me know. My family would love to participate!

We would love to participate with the FE too! Please let me know what info I need to give. Thanks!!

See post #21. There's no Fish Extender group here on DISboards. Unless someone steps up and says "I'll organize the list", there won't be one here.

I have searched but can't find it... any way you can message me the name of the group? thanks!

No links or search directions (even "obscure" ones) to other social media sites are allowed on DISboards (either on the thread or via private conversations).

Here ya go....
SETTING UP A FE GROUP
It appears there are a number of you who are interested in a Fish Extender group. There isn’t one currently set up here on DISBoards. Here’s a little write up on how FE groups are set up:

There really are no “rules” as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/ favorite character/ favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know in order to create the gifts. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE group. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will “close”. Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will post the list, either directly on the Cruise Meet thread, OR via private conversation, or, possibility, via e-mails. This is to confirm everyone on the list is still participating. It’s important to make a state about “anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped” at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as they reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a “pixie dust” list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their “final” list. Be sure the “pixie dust” list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other “biggie” is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how to find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Here ya go....
SETTING UP A FE GROUP

Princess Shmoo,
could you please direct me to the instruction on how to start a thread?
Thank you!

Princess Shmoo,
could you please direct me to the instruction on how to start a thread?
Thank you!
At the top right of the main Cruise Meet Board, below where your username, inbox, and alert notices are is a button "Post New Thread". Just click that. It will start a new thread on the main Cruise Meet board. If you don't mind me asking - is this a general question? Or are you looking to start a separate thread for the Fish Extender group?

At the top right of the main Cruise Meet Board, below where your username, inbox, and alert notices are is a button "Post New Thread". Just click that. It will start a new thread on the main Cruise Meet board. If you don't mind me asking - is this a general question? Or are you looking to start a separate thread for the Fish Extender group?
Thank you!
I am looking to start the thread for the Fish Extender group

Thank you!
I am looking to start the thread for the Fish Extender group
Typically a separate thread isn't set up. But, if you do, I'd suggest, once you do so, that you post a request on the "Find your 2016 Fantasy Cruise Meet LINK here" thread asking AquaDame to add your link as a second one for the cruise. Otherwise, it'll just keep dropping to the bottom (or even off) of the first page, making it more difficult for others to keep up with it.

Typically a separate thread isn't set up. But, if you do, I'd suggest, once you do so, that you post a request on the "Find your 2016 Fantasy Cruise Meet LINK here" thread asking AquaDame to add your link as a second one for the cruise. Otherwise, it'll just keep dropping to the bottom (or even off) of the first page, making it more difficult for others to keep up with it.
Thank you for all your help. You are wonderful!
I don't want to make a mess of it so I will keep track of the posts in the page.

So I know we have a long time before the cruise, but I was curious to find out if anyone was interested in doing the Fish Extender? We just found out about this and are so bummed that we missed out on our last cruise. It looks like fun.
Kaili,
I am going to track the FE list. Please post your info.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter