• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Fantasy November 19, 2016 - Eastern Thanksgiving Cruise

I booked this cruise!! We are going on our first cruise this year in November. I booked the first day I could. I know we will have so much fun we will want to cruise again.:flower1:

Hello everybody!
My family and I booked this cruise while we were on our last one back in August. this will be our 6th Disney cruise (gold level now, hooray!) and I can't wait to celebrate Thanksgiving on the ocean!

We had a phenomenal time on our first cruise and there was plenty of adult only areas if we didnt want to be around kids and characters the whole time. Disney cruises are fun for the whole family.:love:

So I know we have a long time before the cruise, but I was curious to find out if anyone was interested in doing the Fish Extender? We just found out about this and are so bummed that we missed out on our last cruise. It looks like fun.

We had a phenomenal time on our first cruise and there was plenty of adult only areas if we didnt want to be around kids and characters the whole time. Disney cruises are fun for the whole family.:love:
Can't wait
So I know we have a long time before the cruise, but I was curious to find out if anyone was interested in doing the Fish Extender? We just found out about this and are so bummed that we missed out on our last cruise. It looks like fun.
I am not sure at this time. Our first cruise is in a couple of weeks and we are participating in FE. I want to make sure it isn't too stressful or a waste of our time before I join another. Don't mean to be a downer just want make sure it is the right thing for our family :)

Only 355 more days left! We just got back Friday from our first cruise. Had a great time! Kids loved the clubs and we enjoyed alone time :)
We really enjoyed the FE exchange also :) It was a way to learn the boat.

I am interested in getting onto an FE list and have not seen anyone having started one yet. We did this on our last Disney cruise and found it to be alot of fun.

I am interested in getting onto an FE list and have not seen anyone having started one yet. We did this on our last Disney cruise and found it to be alot of fun.

We are definitely interested in being part of that. Anyone more knowledgeable about them and want to organize it? If not I can go check other boards to see how it is done and give it a go.

Last edited:
Hello all! We are crossing our fingers that we can book this cruise, still waiting for work approvals. I was wondering if anyone has found a good, with photos, trip report of this type of Thanksgiving sailing?

Hello all! We are crossing our fingers that we can book this cruise, still waiting for work approvals. I was wondering if anyone has found a good, with photos, trip report of this type of Thanksgiving sailing?

This will be our second Thanksgiving cruise, our last was in 2011 on the Magic. It was a similar itinerary except we went to St. Maartin instead of Tortola. It was a great trip for us, the ship and Castaway Cay were decorated for Christmas. Thanksgiving dinner offerings include a traditional turkey dinner as well as lobster (I opted for both :D). Weather was still warm, water temps were a little lower than normal but not prohibitive for swimming. The seas were a bit rough on that particular sailing but I remember the crew stating it was unusual.

We are contemplating the Fish Extender. If anyone has any question feel free to ask, I am happy to answer what I can.

Mike

Hello everybody!
My family and I booked this cruise while we were on our last one back in August. this will be our 6th Disney cruise (gold level now, hooray!) and I can't wait to celebrate Thanksgiving on the ocean!

We have also booked this and are in the same boat (no pun intended) as this is our 6th cruise! Finally made it to GOLD! :thumbsup2 This will however be our 1st Thanksgiving cruise so we are anticipating a FUN time! I would also be interested in FE if one is being planned.

This will be our second Thanksgiving cruise, our last was in 2011 on the Magic. It was a similar itinerary except we went to St. Maartin instead of Tortola. It was a great trip for us, the ship and Castaway Cay were decorated for Christmas. Thanksgiving dinner offerings include a traditional turkey dinner as well as lobster (I opted for both :D). Weather was still warm, water temps were a little lower than normal but not prohibitive for swimming. The seas were a bit rough on that particular sailing but I remember the crew stating it was unusual.

We are contemplating the Fish Extender. If anyone has any question feel free to ask, I am happy to answer what I can.

Mike
Thank you. Unfortunately I couldn't get this week off from work so we are having to figure out something different. I'd still love a Thanksgiving sailing. One day...

We booked about a month ago! It'll be our first Disney cruise, and my first Caribbean cruise since the 80s. I've been eager to go on a Disney cruise for so many years. One daughter will be turning 9 during the cruise, and the other turning 6 a couple weeks after it. We were at WDW in 2014 for Thanksgiving and it was such a fun time to be down there, but I'm looking forward to more relaxation this time!

It looks like this sailing will be not only my first Disney cruise, but my first cruise ever! My husband's father passed away on Christmas after a long journey with Parkinson's dementia, and "he" is paying for the family to take a vacation together. So my mother-in-law, my husband & daughter, and my brother-in-law, his wife, and their five kids will all be on this cruise. Our staterooms are on hold and we expect to pay the deposit in the next day or two. I'm trying to soak up as much information about Disney cruises as possible! Hubby & I are giant Disney nerds so this will be right up our alley.

We are going and are excited about the FE. Has anyone organized anything yet? This will be our family's third Thanksgiving cruise on the Fantasy in a row and we are so excited!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter