Disney Dream October 6, 2013

If you still haven't got it and want to see it, sent me your email address and I'll forward it to you.

I got 3 of the emails, since all 3 of our cabin reservations are under my email address.

My travel agent received the email and forwarded it a day later... :confused3

I don't know if we are going to do the costume thing or not... There is quite a bit to pack already! HAHA... Already need to come up with something creative to run in for the race... I don't think folks onboard would appreciate us wearing the same thing again! HAHAHA

On a separate note, it looks like Amanda has put me in charge of the Facebook group for the cruise, if you want to be in, let me know... I'll try to check in here a bit more frequently... :littleangel:

You guys are making me think about doing the 5k. I work out but I don't run. I guess I could walk it. What is the Facebook page all about? How can I find it?

Happy 2 Months everyone! Is it time to panic yet????

I really like the DIS boards and prefer to keep my Disney Cruise stuff separate from Facebook. Maybe next time I'll get involved with a FB Cruise group, but this time I'm just staying on DIS.

5K - I'm seriously thinking about doing the 5K. I hear the T-shirts from the 5K are not very good quality (or as good as you'd expect) and sell out fast in some sizes. But, on one of the design threads, one of them has some cool designs for the 5K, so I'm thinking of doing my own iron-on and getting my own shirt. 've talked about doing it for a couple of years, and I think it would be a neat thing to do and to say "I did it". So maybe this year.

Scott

Happy 2 Months everyone! Is it time to panic yet????

I really like the DIS boards and prefer to keep my Disney Cruise stuff separate from Facebook. Maybe next time I'll get involved with a FB Cruise group, but this time I'm just staying on DIS.

5K - I'm seriously thinking about doing the 5K. I hear the T-shirts from the 5K are not very good quality (or as good as you'd expect) and sell out fast in some sizes. But, on one of the design threads, one of them has some cool designs for the 5K, so I'm thinking of doing my own iron-on and getting my own shirt. 've talked about doing it for a couple of years, and I think it would be a neat thing to do and to say "I did it". So maybe this year.

Scott

It's fun... We did it last time... Depending on the weather, it feels hotter than heck... They do have folks with water on the course though! :cool1:

For those of you who will be at WDW before the cruise, should do the 5K on the Saturday morning. It will be a lot of fun.

I sprained my ankle on Monday night doing hill training. Not sure why I was training for hills for my WDW race, but I did what my trainer (DH) told me to do. I hit a pot hole coming down the hill and collapsed. Tried to walk back to the gathering point, but had to stop and send my partner back to the store to get my DH. He came and I was in tears, not because of the pain (that came later in the evening), but because I was afraid that I would not be able to run the 10 miler before the cruise. Am I sick or what? I thought later that I would have a good reason to be a bystander, and cheer on my girlfriend and DH who are also doing the race. Anyway, it is two days later and the ankle is feeling much better. Fingers are crossed that I will be back training next Tuesday. Shucks, I will miss my 12K run on Friday.

So, anyone into joining the race the day before the cruise? Here is a link to all the races that day - take a look at the 5K race. These are a lot of fun www.rundisney.com/tower-of-terror-10-miler/

For those of you who will be at WDW before the cruise, should do the 5K on the Saturday morning. It will be a lot of fun.

I sprained my ankle on Monday night doing hill training. Not sure why I was training for hills for my WDW race, but I did what my trainer (DH) told me to do. I hit a pot hole coming down the hill and collapsed. Tried to walk back to the gathering point, but had to stop and send my partner back to the store to get my DH. He came and I was in tears, not because of the pain (that came later in the evening), but because I was afraid that I would not be able to run the 10 miler before the cruise. Am I sick or what? I thought later that I would have a good reason to be a bystander, and cheer on my girlfriend and DH who are also doing the race. Anyway, it is two days later and the ankle is feeling much better. Fingers are crossed that I will be back training next Tuesday. Shucks, I will miss my 12K run on Friday.

So, anyone into joining the race the day before the cruise? Here is a link to all the races that day - take a look at the 5K race. These are a lot of fun www.rundisney.com/tower-of-terror-10-miler/

Hope you heal up quick!!!

Finally booked my transportation to the port.. used fltours.com... found the link on here as they are the "offical" transportation company of Dis. Their prices were the best I found.

Has anyone used them before?

Thanks!!

Finally booked my transportation to the port.. used fltours.com... found the link on here as they are the "offical" transportation company of Dis. Their prices were the best I found.

Has anyone used them before?

Thanks!!

Sorry can't help. We only use DCL transport.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Hubby and I are doing some early anniversary celebrating and will be in the spa in the am the day we hit Castaway Cay. What time does it start? I'm up for the drink and cheering on! :cheer2:

Hey hey hey... It's Friday!!!

That means it's time for the countdown...

Only 8 more Friday's to go! :cool1: :cool1:

Just found out our cabin assignment, got a small upgrade :cool1: went from a 7A too a 5C not bad....at least we know where we are sleeping now.
The trip is coming fast....better start thinking of what to pack.

We have now watched the Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney World-Behind the scenes (both aired earlier in the summer on DEST channel) at least 10 times each.

After watching them AGAIN this morning, my daughter says to me "I think I will just watch these Disney shows all day". I would say she's excited for the trip!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

We have now watched the Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney World-Behind the scenes (both aired earlier in the summer on DEST channel) at least 10 times each.

After watching them AGAIN this morning, my daughter says to me "I think I will just watch these Disney shows all day". I would say she's excited for the trip!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

I like them too... I could watch them over and over. We watched it again the other day and our son kept pointing out all the things he remembers and likes. It's fun just to sit back and listen to him sometimes... :thumbsup2

Scott

I like them too... I could watch them over and over. We watched it again the other day and our son kept pointing out all the things he remembers and likes. It's fun just to sit back and listen to him sometimes... :thumbsup2

Scott

Agree, about the sitting back and listening to your kids. My son is 21, and I love to hear him giggling as he is watching Toy Story or what ever movie.

Hi all..

My family of 5 will be on the 10/6 Dream cruise..our first Disney cruise! I am looking into participating in the FE (if I am still able to join?). I think I understand the process and I have read through some other threads on this website. But, I am worried about cost. Do we give to everyone on the list (kids and adults)....and do we each day? I was thinking one gift per stateroom one time would be sufficient, but maybe I am wrong and that's being skimpy? Thanks for any help.

allison

We are sailing on the Disney Dream October 6-10. We are SO excited. This is the second Disney Cruise for us. Our first was on the Magic in 2006. I don't remember anything about Fish Extenders from that trip, but our kids really want to participate this time around. We just found out our cabin assignment this last week.

Thanks!

Cynthia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter