Disney Dream October 6, 2013

We just booked this cruise while onboard the Dream 2 weeks ago.

We're a family of 3 and it will be our 5th DCL cruise. We also booked a room for our friends, a family of 5 for their first DCL cruise! WooHoo! :cool1:

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :cool1:

Have a great cruise!

We just booked this cruise. We had intended to sail with friends during Spring break in 2013, but I decided it was just too expensive on the heels of our Disneyland vacation this November.

I was moping around, unhappy when my wife suggested we go in October 2013 to celebrate my 40th birthday! Sounded perfect so I booked it and got exactly the same cabin we were in when we sailed Dream in 2011 (our 10th wedding anniversary)

We're not really "fish extender" or decorating the door kind of people, but we will be there. :)

Our little guy will be 7.

Welcome aboard!

When in Oct 2011 did you sail? We sailed on Oct 16, 2011 on the Dream.

We sailed on October 2nd through the 6th also on Dream. Only wish that I had booked this next trip while we were still onboard and saved the 10%. lol

1 year, 3 months, 3 weeks to go.

477 days but who is counting?

Just booked our first Disney Cruise! My husband and I are going with our daughter, son in law, and three granddaughters, 11, 8 and 3. We will be celebrating granddaughter #3's third birthday. So excited.... Let the count down begin! :cheer2:

Great! Welcome aboard! BTW, we just got back from a four day cruise on Dream last October, so if anyone has any questions we will be happy to field them.

In the meantime, does anyone have plans to visit WDW or the Universal Parks before or after the cruise? If so, which resort are you staying at? We are probably going to do 2 or 3 days at the parks prior to our cruise.

By the way, if any of you have young kids who are interested in space exploration, My wife just reminded me that the Space Shuttle Atlantis, the last shuttle to fly, will be on display at KSC beginning in summer 2013. It is worth a visit and is only a few minutes from the port.

Got my official, "Welcome Aboard! Your family cruise is underway!" email today. lol. Longest vacation countdown ever, but sure is exciting!

So excited - we just booked our cruise yesterday! We were on the Dream last year and had a ball. Hubby and I are really looking forward to going back! We're planning on staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge for a couple of nights before the cruise and staying at Beach Club for a week after . I feel so much better to have my next Disney vacation booked!:cool1:

dlwharp said:
So excited - we just booked our cruise yesterday! We were on the Dream last year and had a ball. Hubby and I are really looking forward to going back! We're planning on staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge for a couple of nights before the cruise and staying at Beach Club for a week after . I feel so much better to have my next Disney vacation booked!:cool1:

That's awesome! Sounds like a great trip!

Welcome aboard! I know what you mean, we have a cruise this fall on Carnival with friends of ours (their first cruise and our first on anything but Disney)...but I feel so much better knowing we also have a Disney cruise next fall (with that same family).

We come in the day before... but we haven't decided where to stay yet. In the past we've stayed in Kissimmee and Daytona. And afterwards we usually spend 2 days somewhere before heading back. Not sure where yet. We have this fall's cruise to plan for first.

438 days and only 63 more Friday's to go!

Scott

My family of 5 is flying from Australia to join this cruise. It is our first time to Orlando, WDW and our first Disney Cruise. We are super excited and love the cruise being cut down to Fridays instead of counting days, it doesnt seem so far away when you think of it like that :)
We are having 2 weeks prior to and 2 days after the cruise. A week in New York prior to Orlando and a week in Las Vegas after. I think we will be staying at the Hilton Grand Vacations at Seaworld. I am keen to join in the fish extender group which sounds really interesting and a lot of fun. Is this the right place to be to do that?
Looking forward to the Dream and to meeting some of you there!

My family of 5 is flying from Australia to join this cruise. It is our first time to Orlando, WDW and our first Disney Cruise. We are super excited and love the cruise being cut down to Fridays instead of counting days, it doesnt seem so far away when you think of it like that :)
We are having 2 weeks prior to and 2 days after the cruise. A week in New York prior to Orlando and a week in Las Vegas after. I think we will be staying at the Hilton Grand Vacations at Seaworld. I am keen to join in the fish extender group which sounds really interesting and a lot of fun. Is this the right place to be to do that?
Looking forward to the Dream and to meeting some of you there!

Welcome aboard!

We haven't talked much about the fish extender yet, the last cruise we were on the FE stuff was discussed in a separate thread and that worked out well, so maybe we could do that for this cruise. But for now, this is a good place to chat and tell us you want in the FE.

Happy Friday! Only 59 more Fridays to go!

Yay 56 Fridays, woo hoo!!

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the cruise has a photo system on board similar to the photo pass at the park? Or what happens with photos on the ship?
Any info would be much appreciated, Cheers Georga

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!