Disney Dream October 6, 2013

Sorry to hear that you won't be sailing with us. Will the rest of your "group" still be sailing?

Any volunteers for the FE list? If not, I'll jump in and start to gather it together. Unless of course, someone else wants to. We've never organized the list before, but we'd be game to try it.

First thing I will do is try to come up with a list of who said they were in, plus maybe some others who expressed interest. Then we'll work on it for the next couple of months and try to figure out a cutoff date... maybe mid Aug or Sept 1st.

If anyone else has ideas or comments... throw them out there. We are just about 4 months away...time to get excited now!

Scott & Brandi

I haven't organized one either since this is my first Disney cruise and so excited BTW!!

I could help if you need a hand.

We are still interested too. I can help however needed, only been a participant. Never organized one.

I havn't had a chance to review everything yet but, there will be 6 of us joining you all... My wife and I, Mom and Dad, and my Brother and his Girlfriend... I believe at this point we are all still 5E GTY's at this point. This will be my wife's 3rd Disney Cruise, my 2nd, and my parents/brother's first Disney Cruise... We are usually found on RCCL.

We're not sure on the FE yet, we did the FE in November and helped organize but, it was quite a bit of time/work and this cruise is a bit shorter... We'll let ya know! :-)

DH(Rick) and I (Patti) will be joining your cruise after spending a few days at WDW and taking part in a 5K and the 10 miler Tower of Terror race on October 5. We will stay on board to do a 3 day cruise, then back to WDW to enjoy the Wind and Food festival. Looking forward to this vacation.

My wife and I will be right there with you on the 10 miler... We are getting in on the 3rd, running the race the evening of the 5th, then on the cruise ship the 6th... Hopefully we'll be able to walk.... :-) I should say I know she will be fine, I'll be dead...

Hey gang, I have started a FB page to help us get to know each other better. I have done this on several cruises. The page is set up as a secret page so neither the page nor the posts will show up for anyone else to see.

Just send me a friend request on FB hamandayoung@facebook.com and I will add you to the secret site!

Amanda

OMG! Amanda... Is this really you and are you really still cruising on the same darn date? We can't escape you on these Disney cruises! We'll have the family again so Quest it is~!

Hopefully we'll be able to walk.... :-) I should say I know she will be fine, I'll be dead...
We plan to take it easy for the race. No faster than 2 hrs. We are there for the fun. Party 'til the wee hours, and then crash. (Generally, DH crashes about 9PM. This should be an interesting evening) The bags will be prepacked to be picked up in the morning, and hopefully we will wake up to board the bus. Have a nap to port, and shuffle up to the pool, lay out on a lounge, get a drink - send DH for food. I will not move for a number of hours, maybe days. Thus the reason I do not want to participate in FE this cruise, I am afraid the legs just will not want to walk too far. By the time we get to Castaway Cay, I will be ready for a 5K run again.:rolleyes:

What a week... Glad its over!

Happy Friday Everyone! Only 17 more Fridays to go!

I'll post what we have in terms of an FE list this weekend.

Got my Palo brunch. I had no interest in the Remy one. That's to fancy for me. Besides I get the Palo one free. I like that better than paying for one. Well that's all I am booking before this cruise.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Got my Palo brunch. I had no interest in the Remy one. That's to fancy for me. Besides I get the Palo one free. I like that better than paying for one. Well that's all I am booking before this cruise.

Still a lot of cabanas available? I'm nervous I won't get one with just silver status.

No clue. I never look as I have zero interest in them. To be honest I personally think they are stupid. That's just me. I know people love them. All I did was book brunch. I did not look at anything any other day. I am sorry if I am coming off a bit hateful. Not my intention. I think part of the problem is I just do not see the reason to get a cabana. Every time someone gives me a reason, to me, I still don't get it. I will check though cause I feel a little bad for being a little harsh.

Family cabanas 5,6,7 and adult only cabana 20 are still open as of 10:30 PM PDT on 6/7/13

No worries! Thanks a bunch for checking, looks like they are filling up fast. Never been to castaway cay before so hopefully I see them the same way as you do because it doesn't look likely.

No worries! Thanks a bunch for checking, looks like they are filling up fast. Never been to castaway cay before so hopefully I see them the same way as you do because it doesn't look likely.

Your welcome. Like I said I just don't get it. I have no problem ever finding shade there. I have my own sunscreen. They give you towels when you get off the ship. I can sit a the bar in the shade for drinks. They are not free, well the adult ones, in the Cabana. Yes they stock the fridge with soda. The same soda right behind you at Cookies Too. They don't bring your food. So what's the point?

All checked in. Everyone don't worry, all PAT are there. If you can check in now you do not need to select one. First group that needs to do that are the Gold members.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Your welcome. Like I said I just don't get it. I have no problem ever finding shade there. I have my own sunscreen. They give you towels when you get off the ship. I can sit a the bar in the shade for drinks. They are not free, well the adult ones, in the Cabana. Yes they stock the fridge with soda. The same soda right behind you at Cookies Too. They don't bring your food. So what's the point?

I would agree Castaway is simply massive... If you hike to the end of the runway, there are hundreds of chairs and umbrellas... I guess if you want a hut to hide in, that's the way to go! I took one with Royal Carib one time and had a good time but, I didn't find it to be worth the money... Don't let it ruin your time if they are gone.

We will be traveling on the Disney Dream on October 6, 2013. We would love to participate in the fish extender exchange. There are five of us. Hayden (son 10), Holden (son 8), Hannah (7) and my husband & I. if there is a list floating around how do we get on it???:)

Happy Cruising,

mansfieldmomof3
Covington, GA

I was anxious to know where the count was.. so I started the list. I have an excell spreadsheet if anyone wants it or if you think we should share it as a google doc.

I have Noted the cabin numbers if I found them in the thread. Feel free to update us with names if you would like (some people may make personalized gifts). Also please let us know the adult's that are are male and female.

Tngrl78.. is this OK, want to do it together?

6114 TrixieS: Georgia,43 (F),Norm 47 (M), Tyler (F) 18,Morgan (F) 15 Oscar (M) 12
9170 Tngrl78: Scott (M) 48,Brandi (F) 34, Connor (M) 8
8172 Tngrl78: Don (M) Adult
8174 Tngrl78: Telly (M) Adult,Lisa (F) adult,Brianna (F) 19,Jordan (M) 16 William (M) 14
8010 Policycobb:Adult Male 43,Adult Female 41,Emily (F) 8
Whitfive: Adult Female
Absybabsy:Adult Female
GTY Cruisinaz:Anisa (F) 44,Kris (M) 42,Kaidyn (F) 7
7562 rlrose313:1 adult,1 adult,female child 7,female child 7
7560 rlrose313:1 adult, male child 10, male child 10
6580 Tink1116: 1 adult, 1 adult, male child 8
mansfieldmomof3: 1 adult male,1 adult female, Hayden (M) 10 Holden (M) 8 Hannah (F) 7
travelgal:

We will be traveling on the Disney Dream on October 6, 2013. We would love to participate in the fish extender exchange. There are five of us. Hayden (son 10), Holden (son 8), Hannah (7) and my husband & I. if there is a list floating around how do we get on it???:)

Happy Cruising,

mansfieldmomof3
Covington, GA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter