Disney Dream October 6, 2013

Is anyone doing a pre or post cruise stay at Disney World? We are goin in early, what are the "must-do's"?

Is anyone doing a pre or post cruise stay at Disney World? We are goin in early, what are the "must-do's"?

We are staying one night before (doing Downtown Disney), and three after! Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party is a must for us! This will be our third party.

I'll try to look for the Facebook page tomorrow. Just haven't had a chance this week.

I think we do need to make sure we have the FE list posted here too. There were a number of people who don't use Facebook.

And BTW...only 20 more Fridays to go!

DH(Rick) and I (Patti) will be joining your cruise after spending a few days at WDW and taking part in a 5K and the 10 miler Tower of Terror race on October 5. We will stay on board to do a 3 day cruise, then back to WDW to enjoy the Wind and Food festival. Looking forward to this vacation.

DH(Rick) and I (Patti) will be joining your cruise after spending a few days at WDW and taking part in a 5K and the 10 miler Tower of Terror race on October 5. We will stay on board to do a 3 day cruise, then back to WDW to enjoy the Wind and Food festival. Looking forward to this vacation.

Welcome aboard!

BTW - DH's (Scott) first job after school was in Waterloo...he grew up in Stoney Creek.

Welcome aboard!

BTW - DH's (Scott) first job after school was in Waterloo...he grew up in Stoney Creek.
Small world. Let me guess - was DH in insurance or high tech or something completely different? I was born and raised in Waterloo. Stoney Creek is a beautiful area. I was planning to participate in a Try a Tri in Stoney Creek (Grimsby) area this summer, but a family reunion got in the way. Looking forward to getting to know everyone before the cruise. 4 days goes quickly.

So I am spending way too much time thinking of ideas for the fish extender gifts. There are so many cute ideas yet trying to think of something original ;)

Couple of questions - is there a date when people can no longer sign up so we know how many items to bring?

I am sure each cruise is different, but curious for those that have done this in the past - what is the largest group and the smallest group you have been in?

Thanks

So I am spending way too much time thinking of ideas for the fish extender gifts. There are so many cute ideas yet trying to think of something original ;)

Couple of questions - is there a date when people can no longer sign up so we know how many items to bring?

I am sure each cruise is different, but curious for those that have done this in the past - what is the largest group and the smallest group you have been in?

Thanks
I have been in groups over 80 rooms. Not sure what was the smallest group. We have received some great gifts. Not sure if I am going to join in this time around.

I owe everyone a big ole' apology. I volunteered to head up the FE list and then just disappeared from the face of the earth. Teaching school this year has consumed my life, lol.

Unless someone else has taken over the list (and believe me, I understand if you did), I PROMISE that by this weekend I will have a full list of all FE members so that we can get a headcount. At that point, we can decide if we need to do a cutoff for numbers/date. I'll try to do it before then, but I promise it'll be ready by Saturday.

Tomorrow is the last day for students to come and then teachers go Thursday/Friday.

Once again, I'm sorry for abandoning my fellow DCL lovers...I will try not to let it happen again :) Michelle, you have my permission to kick my butt into gear if you see me slipping, lol.

Lori P. :)

Small world. Let me guess - was DH in insurance or high tech or something completely different? I was born and raised in Waterloo. Stoney Creek is a beautiful area. I was planning to participate in a Try a Tri in Stoney Creek (Grimsby) area this summer, but a family reunion got in the way. Looking forward to getting to know everyone before the cruise. 4 days goes quickly.

He is in the Tech world. He worked in Waterloo from 1989 to 1995 for a couple different companies there. He also had friends that worked in insurance, so that actually made him laugh when you said that...knowing that was another one of the major industries there at the time.

I owe everyone a big ole' apology. I volunteered to head up the FE list and then just disappeared from the face of the earth. Teaching school this year has consumed my life, lol.

Unless someone else has taken over the list (and believe me, I understand if you did), I PROMISE that by this weekend I will have a full list of all FE members so that we can get a headcount. At that point, we can decide if we need to do a cutoff for numbers/date. I'll try to do it before then, but I promise it'll be ready by Saturday.

Tomorrow is the last day for students to come and then teachers go Thursday/Friday.

Once again, I'm sorry for abandoning my fellow DCL lovers...I will try not to let it happen again :) Michelle, you have my permission to kick my butt into gear if you see me slipping, lol.

Lori P. :)

Welcome back! LOL

I was thinking maybe you were tied up with end of school year stuff.

As for how large groups get and a cut off date. In the past I've been part of groups of 20 or more. The last time we had around 40 and we split it up to two FE groups of 20 each.

With the cruise in early Oct, I'd say a cutoff date of around Sept 1st might be good. That gives everyone one final month to make sure they have everything they need. Or it could be earlier in Aug if that helps.

Scott

He is in the Tech world. He worked in Waterloo from 1989 to 1995 for a couple different companies there. He also had friends that worked in insurance, so that actually made him laugh when you said that...knowing that was another one of the major industries there at the time.
Saw this article that your DH may be interested in reading http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/05/22/canada-startups-kitchener-waterloo/2347897/
I am in the insurance industry. I have worked for 3 different insurance companies over the years. Hmmm, maybe more. There have been so many mergers, I get myself confused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter