Disney Dream October 6, 2013

Do they have a 5K for the 4 night cruises? I'm going to have to say that I will meet you at the finish line on this one....I already have the t-shirt, and since that was my main motivation for doing the one in June, I will pass on the 5K in favor of waiting for you with a Konk Kooler in hand :drinking1

I'm up for the FE exchange! I will have to be a little more crafty this time :)

Lori P. :)

I think we're going to do the 5K next year too. A bunch of us will!

And we're in for the FE too. What I've seen on other threads is they've created a separate thread altogether for the FE list. We could do that...or just do it in this one. But I know we're in and also the family we're going with will be in...we're making them! :rotfl:

We're off tomorrow morning to head down for our cruise on Sunday. It will be strange sitting on the Sensation while looking out at the Dream, but we'll manage and we'll have a great time too!

Oh... and by the way...

Only 52 more Fridays! :cool1:

Scott

I'll volunteer to keep up with the FE list if that's okay with everyone here. I've never headed one up before, but am willing to do it :) The only way I know to do it is to create an Excel doc and then share it with everyone later?

People can simply post on here or send me an message if they wish to participate. I need everyone's names (please designate boy/girl since some names could be either one :) ), ages at the time of sailing and room numbers.

If there is anything else I'm forgetting please let me know.

Our current plan (subject to change) is to Arrive on the 4th, spend the 5th at Kennedy Space Center, sail on the 6th, then after the cruise spend 2 nights at animal Kingdom.

Excited about it but trying to keep it on the back burner at least until we get back from Disneyland in Nov of THIS year.

So Mike, where will you spend the night on the 4th? I had been thinking of heading to Port canaveral a day early to do KSC too but wasnt sure where we could stay.

I'll volunteer to keep up with the FE list if that's okay with everyone here. I've never headed one up before, but am willing to do it :) The only way I know to do it is to create an Excel doc and then share it with everyone later?

People can simply post on here or send me an message if they wish to participate. I need everyone's names (please designate boy/girl since some names could be either one :) ), ages at the time of sailing and room numbers.

If there is anything else I'm forgetting please let me know.

Hi, we would love to be in the FE group please. This is our first Disney cruise and our first time to WDW from Australia. There will be me, Mum, Georga 43, Norm (Dad) 47, Tyler girl 18 with Down Syndrome, Morgan 15 girl and Oscar 12 boy. Cabin 6114 I believe. We are very excited especially as it is 365 days from today!

Gotcha TrixieS! And good catch on it being ONE YEAR FROM TODAY!!! :banana::cool1::dancer:

(and Photobucket is making me nuts...I put two pictures in my signature that I resized to be the same as the others, and they showed up fine. Ten minutes later, the last two pics had been automatically enlarged? I had to take them off b/c they were huge! Anyone know why the would enlarge themselves? lol)

Lori P :)

TrixieS said:
So Mike, where will you spend the night on the 4th? I had been thinking of heading to Port canaveral a day early to do KSC too but wasnt sure where we could stay.

Hi Trixie,

We like the Residence Inn Port Canaveral. It's right across the street from the port and has a Hertz rental car return in the parking lot. Free shuttle to the port. Works out great!

By the way, if anyone is looking for a cool place to watch the ships come and go, "Fish Lips" on the south side of Port Canaveral has a great outdoor dining where you can watch the ships, dolphins, and manatees. They even have a webcam! When we last sailed Dream we did a weekly countdown, and every Sunday afternoon would meet at the computer to watch Dream sail away!

Lori- I want to participate in the FE! :goodvibes:goodvibes *(And, btw, I LOVED what you did for the last FE's...I wouldn't mind one bit if you did that again!)::yes::
I hope we can all do a meet-n-greet on the first day, as well. It'd be nice to "meet" each other in person after meeting everyone here!

Thanks Lori.
And thanks Mike, we might even see you at Kennedy before the cruise

Cheers Georga

We will be there! My family and I were at Kennedy watching the final launch of Atlantis last summer (he was 5) so I can't pass up the chance to let him get up close and see the same spaceship once it is on display!

Hi Trixie,

We like the Residence Inn Port Canaveral. It's right across the street from the port and has a Hertz rental car return in the parking lot. Free shuttle to the port. Works out great!

I love that place too...make sure you get the Marriott gift card with the 10% bonus ahead of time to pay for your room at check-out. It's an easy way to save 10% on your room.

I'll be cashing in points. It's the one benefit of traveling for work. :)

Happy Friday everyone! We're heading back from Florida. We had a great time and we had the best weather we've ever had on a cruise. But it was tough sitting next to the Dream and sail out before her. Oh well...

Only 51 more Fridays and we'll all be back on the Dream!

Were you on Sensation? We honeymooned on Sensation in 2001.

Yep... we were on the Sensation last week.

After our first 4 cruises being on Disney, we finally went on a Carnival cruise. Lets just say we won't be going back to that ship any time soon. At some point we may look at one of the newer Carnival ships, but the older ones are out. The decor was very dated and the kids clubs looked like an after thought. Our 8 year old refused to go anywhere near it after we toured it. And we couldn't blame him. But the biggest issue we had was trying to find some good "family" shows to go to. There were a couple of "family" shows we went to and enjoyed, especially the comedian on the last night, but generally it was hard to find some good family shows. It just wasn't what we were used to.

But - we had a good time and the weather and seas were the best we've ever had on a cruise. And we did a 3rd party snorkeling excursion in Freeport that was fantastic! If ever in Freeport, I would highly recommend Pat & Diane Fantasia Tours.

And we ended up getting a close up on the Port Canaveral webcam so our family back home could see us. The trick... is to take a large banner or flag and hold it over the railing. This time we held a Canadian Flag (Scott is Canadian) over the railing at the back of the ship and as we headed out. The camera focused right in on us. :wave2:

Scott

Yep... we were on the Sensation last week.

After our first 4 cruises being on Disney, we finally went on a Carnival cruise. Lets just say we won't be going back to that ship any time soon. At some point we may look at one of the newer Carnival ships, but the older ones are out. The decor was very dated and the kids clubs looked like an after thought. Our 8 year old refused to go anywhere near it after we toured it. And we couldn't blame him. But the biggest issue we had was trying to find some good "family" shows to go to. There were a couple of "family" shows we went to and enjoyed, especially the comedian on the last night, but generally it was hard to find some good family shows. It just wasn't what we were used to.

But - we had a good time and the weather and seas were the best we've ever had on a cruise. And we did a 3rd party snorkeling excursion in Freeport that was fantastic! If ever in Freeport, I would highly recommend Pat & Diane Fantasia Tours.

And we ended up getting a close up on the Port Canaveral webcam so our family back home could see us. The trick... is to take a large banner or flag and hold it over the railing. This time we held a Canadian Flag (Scott is Canadian) over the railing at the back of the ship and as we headed out. The camera focused right in on us. :wave2:

Scott

Glad you had such great weather, I keep reading comments on TA from people advising not to book cruises in Sept/ Oct as its hurricane season. We werent aware of that when we booked and I have been feeling a bit nervous. I guess its just the luck of the draw though

Glad you had such great weather, I keep reading comments on TA from people advising not to book cruises in Sept/ Oct as its hurricane season. We werent aware of that when we booked and I have been feeling a bit nervous. I guess its just the luck of the draw though

Yes, it is the luck of the draw. We're cruised 4 times in Sept/Oct and we've had good weather for the most part for all of them. It's just that this time it was just about perfect. But on other cruises there have been hurricanes on either side of us. A couple of times we've had some rough seas, but for the most part, Sept/Oct has been great. And warm without being too hot too.

Also - hurricane season technically starts on June 1st, so all summer is considered hurricane season.

Scott

We've sailed 3 times during the first week if October and, (knock on wood) never had an issue -- although last year, Castaway Cay had been hit by a hurricane about 3 weeks prior to our cruise. Fortunately it was cleaned up in plenty of time. October is my birthday, our anniversary, and easy for me to get vacation time.

The only down side is pulling little guy out of school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter