Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

Hello ladies! I am excited to say that as soon as the 2015 cruise dates come out I will be planning my DCL Wedding. Right now we are deciding whether to do a four day to allow for more family to attend or a 7 day.

Does anyone have a copy of the Planning Kit that they would be willing to share? I would love to know what options are available. I already have Carrie's wonderful book, but it doesn't really show all the floral choices, which is what I'm focused on (at least this week, lol).

Hello ladies! I am excited to say that as soon as the 2015 cruise dates come out I will be planning my DCL Wedding. Right now we are deciding whether to do a four day to allow for more family to attend or a 7 day.

Does anyone have a copy of the Planning Kit that they would be willing to share? I would love to know what options are available. I already have Carrie's wonderful book, but it doesn't really show all the floral choices, which is what I'm focused on (at least this week, lol).

Me too! We are planning for a 2015 event too!

If you pm me your email address, I can forward you the info!

Jodi

Jodi, thank you so much! I must admit that I have lurked on your PJ (even subscribed to it). You are going to have an awesome wedding. Thank you again!

ciadrimom, You can always do what we just planned. We are getting married on the 12/15-19/2014 Dream Cruise with the family. Then we are staying 1 day at Port Canaveral then getting on a 7 day on the Fantasy Christmas Cruise 12/20-27/2014 for our honeymoon :yay: I am so looking forward to it!!!

OMG! That is so cool. Our plan at present is to do the cruise and then honeymoon at WDW. I want to cruise concierge for the wedding so I'm splurging on that. My plan right now is to book a 7 day on the Fantasy for our first anniversary while we are on the wedding cruise.

Jodi, thank you so much! I must admit that I have lurked on your PJ (even subscribed to it). You are going to have an awesome wedding. Thank you again!

OH thank you so much! I hope my PJ helps other brides as past PJ's have helped me. I work soooo much so sometimes its hard to do updates! I have sent you an email with some of the documents after you book your wedding cruise/package, the wedding coordinator who right now is Meredith will email you the planning guide. I hope you enjoy your planning and I look forward to reading your PJ if you start one, Have you?? :rotfl2:

ciadrimom, You can always do what we just planned. We are getting married on the 12/15-19/2014 Dream Cruise with the family. Then we are staying 1 day at Port Canaveral then getting on a 7 day on the Fantasy Christmas Cruise 12/20-27/2014 for our honeymoon :yay: I am so looking forward to it!!!

OH that sounds like fun!! I presented that to my DF, to do another cruise after but he didn't want to. So we will be at WDW for two weeks after the cruise! Have you started a PJ? I would love to follow along :)

I got the email. YOU ROCK! I haven't started a PJ yet, because I'm waiting for the 2015 cruise dates to come out so I can book.

Right now I've just got a binder full of "stuff".

I got the email. YOU ROCK! I haven't started a PJ yet, because I'm waiting for the 2015 cruise dates to come out so I can book.

Lol, thank you. Oh that's cool. I hope they have some cool itineraries in 2015! We would love to do the Hawaii cruise.

Well I can't wait to read your PJ when you start it. Oh they should be releasing some 2015 dates soon. :)

Lol. Me too! I am like checking the we page everyday to see if they've released the 2015 dates. What month are you looking for? DCL has been known to only release the first part of the year and then wait months for the rest. Which, sadly for me, means November may not come out til next year. :/

We are still tossing the dates around. Originally we were looking at the fall, but now we are thinking about May. Trying to pick a value season to allow for more family to attend.

i'm really hoping for more of the 5 day itineraries. More bang for the buck. I've done three DCL cruises all on the classic ships, so ideally would love to get married on the Dream or Fantasy.The wait is killing me!

Do you have a theme in mind? I'm going for a more vintage elegant feel. We are both having milestone birthdays in 2015 50 and 60 respectively and its not a first wedding for either of us, which makes the cruise wedding a perfect fit.

i'm really hoping for more of the 5 day itineraries. More bang for the buck. I've done three DCL cruises all on the classic ships, so ideally would love to get married on the Dream or Fantasy.The wait is killing me!

Do you have a theme in mind? I'm going for a more vintage elegant feel. We are both having milestone birthdays in 2015 50 and 60 respectively and its not a first wedding for either of us, which makes the cruise wedding a perfect fit.

Aw so fun. 5d would be great!! Yes our theme is somewhat vague but has to do with adventure. Wanted to do a balloon/up theme but have limitations with the DCL policies so we shall see! How about you??

I feel pretty lame because I posted on this thread before and never was able to find the thread again. Sorry ladies!! Now it's saved to my favorites, so I won't be rude again hopefully. ;)

My wedding is in 3 months! Crazy! We're getting married aboard the Magic and were bummed to hear that Deck 7 wouldn't be available. Meredith had assured us it would after the remodel but then we got that email saying it was no longer an option. Such a bummer! :( I have no idea where it will be but I'm sure it will be beautiful no matter what! :)

Anyone else have a problem with people backing out? My fiance has a lot of family drama and, therefore, keeps a lot of distance from his family. About 10 of them were booked and paid, even had their flights, but ended up backing out INCLUDING HIS MOM AND SIBLINGS! :( It's one of those situations where I'm glad they're not coming if they don't wanna be there but sad for him. He is a little upset but always hides his feelings. The worst part is that the money had nothing to do with it, just plain drama. I'll never understand that. So in the end we have 9 people coming, including ourselves. Our number was at 25ish for a while and I don't do very well with changes like that, but I've gotten over it mostly. Also, my fiance doesn't have any groomsmen or a best man but I have 4 bridesmaids. Oh well!

Is the Under the Sea cake worth the extra money? We're trying to decide between that and the mickey cake. Any advice?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter