Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

I would bet dollars to donuts that if you complained after your wedding, they'd refund you the difference for not being able to have the event at Castaway Cay. It's not like they had to pay for any of the arrangements, since the ship didn't even dock there.

I would bet dollars to donuts that if you complained after your wedding, they'd refund you the difference for not being able to have the event at Castaway Cay. It's not like they had to pay for any of the arrangements, since the ship didn't even dock there.
I would really doubt it. I mean its worth a try but its pretty well advertised that it is not refundable due to weather/ not docking etc. I wouldn't bet a $1000 that I would be getting my money back because I complained about it. And just me personally I think its really petty to try and complain about something that you know ahead of time going into it that you would not recoup the extra $ in the case of weather or not docking. I mean if you planned a local outdoor wedding and rented a venue and had to change locations because of weather you wouldn't go complaining to that place wanting a refund so I don't know why anyone would expect disney to reimburse you.

Last edited:
I'm another November 2017 DCL bride. My fiance and I are getting married on the 11/4/17 Fantasy sailing.

We opted to get married on the ship--my dad is on oxygen and tires easily, especially in the heat, so a ship wedding is the best fit for us.

Hello I am going to be an DCL bride in December 2017. We will be getting married on Castaway Cay on December 10th. I wanted to get married in the atrium, but my fiance wants to get married on Castaway Cay, so I am going to let him have his wish. This is the only thing he requested so I have to let him have it lol.

For my wedding we had flower petals thrown during the ceremony ours were fake though I am not sure if they would allow confetti it might be harder to pick up but I would ask you coordinator. Also my wedding was in the atrium but of the Fantasy.
I loved your wedding. I am having a Beauty and the Beast themed wedding as well. I've read your PJ multiple times to get ideas lol.

Who has done a welcome party on board? Was it drinks and food? Was it worth it? How many guests did you have? Where was it located? Cost?

Congratulations! I'm interested as well since I will be getting married on the Disney Fantasy on October 7, 2017. We prefer an onboard wedding with wedding pics on Castaway Cay.
KimChriste! I think we are on the same cruise! We are getting married on the Fantasy sailing on October 7th too!

KimChriste! I think we are on the same cruise! We are getting married on the Fantasy sailing on October 7th too!

I've been hoping to find you on here. My planner advised that there was a Castaway Cay Bride onboard...is that you? We put our request in to get married on the 2nd Sea day (October 9th) in the Outlook. Fingers crossed! How far are you on planning? BTW...my name is Kim. PM me if you'd like.

P.S....I just realized we are 8 months away!!!
:mickeyjum:stitch::simba::dumbo::donald::goofy::sulley::tigger:

Last edited:
Did anyone create their own wedding invitations? I'm at a quandary...I thought I wanted very bling and princess-like. But it's not following the wedding theme like I had hoped. I'm sure I'm over-thinking it all. Do I put our wedding date on the front or our reception date on the front? By the time these go out, I'm pretty sure everyone who is going on the cruise will be booked. Here are my draft invites...

Cinderella:
Cinderella1.JPG Cinderella2.JPG

Sleeping Beauty:
SleepingBeauty1.JPG SleepingBeauty2.jpg

I think I'm totally falling in love with these (except I don't like the ribbon and I need a different starfish...that I can work on):
UnderTheSea1.JPG UnderTheSea2.jpg

I've been hoping to find you on here. My planner advised that there was a Castaway Cay Bride onboard...is that you? We put our request in to get married on the 2nd Sea day (October 9th) in the Outlook. Fingers crossed! How far are you on planning? BTW...my name is Kim. PM me if you'd like.

P.S....I just realized we are 8 months away!!!
:mickeyjum:stitch::simba::dumbo::donald::goofy::sulley::tigger:
Hi Kim!!
My name is Sarah. I know it's getting so close! When we booked it, it seemed like we had soooo long to wait.. and now I'm feeling like it's coming so soon and I have so much to do! I'm not a Castaway Cay Bride.. so I wonder if there are three of us?? I've done some planning and am going dress shopping at the end of this month - so excited! I'll send you a PM :-)

Hi ladies. So I will be getting married this November on the Disney Dream ship. Right. Is we are trying to figure out if we want to stick with our choice of the beach wedding on Castaway Cay or if we want to do an on board ceremony. I have seen some videos of weddings on the island and it seems very not private and loud of the kids playing around. I would love everyone's opinion on this if who has gotten married there. Right now our on board options are very slim because we have a party right now if about 30 and it might get up to 35 or so. Please let me know your experiences it would really help!

We had the same concerns before our Castaway Cay wedding but took a chance because of the size of our wedding party. We LOVED our CC ceremony. Disney did a fantastic job of keeping it private. Also, in the moment, you don't notice the thousands of other people on the island at all.

Pros:
People treat you like celebrities when you ride around in the golf cart.
You feel like you are in a land far away.
You know when your wedding will take place.

Cons:
Extra $1000.
Your guests will not be able to run the Castaway Cay 5K.
You have to wake up early.

If I had the chance to do it over again, I would still get married on CC, only would have had my guests come in their bathing suits because going back on board for cake and champagne seemed like a huge waste of sun.

I loved your wedding. I am having a Beauty and the Beast themed wedding as well. I've read your PJ multiple times to get ideas lol.

Aww thank you! congrats on a Beauty and the Beast wedding theme they are so much fun and glad you enjoyed my PJ let me know if you have questions!

Happy Planning

Did anyone create their own wedding invitations? I'm at a quandary...I thought I wanted very bling and princess-like. But it's not following the wedding theme like I had hoped. I'm sure I'm over-thinking it all. Do I put our wedding date on the front or our reception date on the front? By the time these go out, I'm pretty sure everyone who is going on the cruise will be booked. Here are my draft invites...

Cinderella:
View attachment 219050 View attachment 219051

Sleeping Beauty:
View attachment 219052 View attachment 219053

I think I'm totally falling in love with these (except I don't like the ribbon and I need a different starfish...that I can work on):
View attachment 219055 View attachment 219056

I hand made all of my own wedding invitations and I think it was really worth it. Its a great keepsake for later but it does take alot of time to make them. Also I put our wedding date on the invitations. By the time mine were out most people had already booked but it still was nice to send out. Your drafts look great! Good luck planning!

Hi ladies!!
My name is Maria Jose and been looking at the board for a while but finally took the plunge. Planning to have our wedding either Jan, 2018 or Jan, 2019. One is because I decided to change careers and studying for my Nuclear Medicine boards now and secondly, waiting for my future mil to get better health wise to be able to do the cruise. Also it has to be in Jan because that's the anniversary of when we met at Starbucks so we're ok with doing a long engagement as long as we can get the dates we want. So getting ideas and will start my planning journal soon. Its awesome to be here because I'm loving all the creativity, diy's, and the small details that truly makes each one of your weddings unique. Can't wait to hear more from all of you!!!

Hey Everyone!

I've been thinking about how to have some breakfast items for everyone the morning that we leave for the hotel. All of the guests that will be coming on the cruise with us and some people who are just joining us for our Bon Voyage Dinner will be staying at the same hotel, so we thought it would be nice to have a continental breakfast in the morning before we get into the vans to go to the port. Has anyone done something like this? Any ideas on how to organize it? I was thinking of maybe ordering food to be delivered but not sure where might be a good place to order from? We also have some special diets in our group, including some vegans and some gluten free. We don't want to do a sit down breakfast because we don't want to ask people to wake up any earlier, so we want it to be something quick and easy then could even take into the van with them. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!