Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

As we were walking around taking pictures, we actually ran into another bride on the ship. I knew there was another wedding on-board and I saw the other bride earlier at the salon. I told her that we should get a picture together but she didn't seem interested at all, so we just moved on. We weren't able to get pictures on the staircase outside of currents because the other wedding party was taking pictures there. We finished taking pictures at 5:15 pm. Allyssa called our wedding planners to ask if we should just come to Outlook. They said that not all of our guests had arrived and asked us to go back to our room and they would come and get us shortly. Allyssa left us at this point to go take pictures of the cake and other detail shots. We returned to our room and it was nice to have a few minutes, just the 2 of us, to relax.

Soon, Maryke came to get us. We followed her to Outlook and she assured us that everything was set and looked beautiful. She had also ensured that all of the additional floral had been given out. I forgot to mention in the first post that we also purchased 2 rose wands. One for our flower girl and the other for our friends daughter, so she didn't feel left out.

SOME PICTURES WERE TAKEN BY FRIENDS/FAMILY. ALL PHOTOS FROM THE DISNEY PHOTOGRAPHER SAY DISNEY ABOVE THE PICTURE

Rose Wand

I also had 2 shawls with matching beading that came with my dress and I didn't end up using. I gave one to each girl and they were so trilled. When we arrived at the elevators, Meg was actually holding the elevator for us. We went up and my mom, our officiant, and our flower girl were waiting. They opened the doors as the pianist played "Once Upon A Dream". The room looked beautiful! To my surprise, I made it through the entire ceremony without a tear. I was so calm and had a strong feeling of peace. My groom, on the other hand, teared up during my vows and cried throughout his. It was truly beautiful how emotional he got because it is extremely rare for him to cry. I am usually the one who cries! Before I knew it, we were kissing and then walking back down the aisle. Maryke asked if we wanted were ready to go back in and we said we were. She announced us back into the room as "Mr. and Mrs. Boucher" AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Disney - My Beautiful Bouquet!

Vows

Vows

Disney

Disney

Disney - First Kiss

Champagne was passed and Matt made a toast in place of his brother who was originally supposed to make the toast. Then it was time for our first dance and the mother son dance. After that, we cut the cake. We chose the "under the sea" cake. It is a $75 up charge but was completely worth it in my opinion. I was surprised that all of the shells except for the big conch shell were solid chocolate. Our flavors were chocolate and chocolate ganache for the bottom and vanilla with raspberry butter cream for the top.

Champagne Toast

First Dance

Disney- Mother/son Dance

Disney - Under the Sea Cake

Disney - Cake Cutting

Disney - Cake Cutting

After we cut the cake, M&M suggested that we take some group pictures around the ship while the cake was cut up. We rounded everyone up and headed to the smoke stacks first. Then we got a group picture on the staircase in the atrium.

Disney - Group

Disney - Group

When we got back to Outlook, the crew members handed out plates of cake. The cake was delicious with the chocolate being our favorite! While everyone ate their cake, we started smaller group pictures. We go a photo with each stateroom and then different combinations of family pictures. After we finished, Allyssa got a few more detail shots and we got to see our guest board that M&M had had the characters sign and displayed on a table.

Disney - Rings

Disney - Rings

Disney - Rings

Soon, Allyssa left. We asked for the time and it was almost 7:30! I was shocked that the photographer has stayed that late for us and didn't rush us at all. I was also really grateful the we had the second wedding because I knew that the other wedding had been held in Outlook at 4pm. They must have been rushed out after an hour so the room could be prepped for us. We stayed for another 15 minutes or so chatting with M&M. I mentioned that ism not much of a champagne drinker and I was immediately served a glass of sparkling cider. We had requested an extra bottle of champagne to take off with us and have on our first anniversary. Meg said that she thought it had accidentally been opened and served, but no worries, she would take care of it! We said goodbye to them and headed back to the room where we relaxed and read each other our vows again. Dinner that night was in Royal Palace. Everything was pretty good and it was both fun and challenging to eat dinner in my wedding dress!

After dinner, I could not wait to get into comfortable clothes. Jeans and tshirt, here I come! After we got changed, we met a few of our guests on the deck outside of Currents This was the perfect spot to watch fireworks. Then, we went up to the deck outside of Meridian to have a few drinks while Matt had a cigar. It was such a surprise to come back to our room. We had 2 swan towel animals that formed a heart, rose petals, our guest board, and our cake topper set up beautifiully on our bed. They also left the bottle of champagne we had requested along with another plate of chocolate covered strawberries and 2 huge leftover pieces of our wedding cake. It was really special!

This was the first night in about a week that I got a good night sleep!

November 8th, 2014 - Castaway Cay

We both slept in late this morning. We finally went up to breakfast at 10:30 and then headed out to the island. We spent the day relaxing on the island and spending time with any of our guests who we met along the way. It was nice to have a day where we didn't have anything planned. We came back to the room, showered, and set up a cute photo of our towel swans!

Then we headed to guest services to adjust the tips for our dining team and room hostess. We also asked about how to tip or coordinators and photographer. We were told that "those are not tipped positions, but you can leave a gift if you would like". We ended up writing thank you cards, and placing them in envelopes with some cash and handing them, personally, to Meg, Maryke, and Allyssa. At 5 pm. We went to shutters to pick out our photos. Allyssa gave us a laptop with all of our photos along with a form to write which pictures we wanted printed. We got the largest package which included 30 5x7s, 30 8x10s, 25 wedding announcements, 2 photo albums, and a CD of all of the images. I can understand how picking the photos would have been extremely stressful without purchasing the CD. We ended up using most of our 8x10s on the pictures we took with each stateroom so we could give them as gifts. We also chose one photo for our wedding announcement. Allyssa said everything would be ready at 7 am the next morning. When we finished, it was time for dinner. Tonight we were in Animators Palate. It ended up being a pretty exciting dinner because Crush came to talk to us. The conversation went something like this.

Crush: Woooaaah! Looks like we have a bride and groom in the house!
Us: Yes!
Crush: So when did ya get married?
Us: Yesterday, here on the ship
Crush: No waaaaay! That's totally awesome. So like, is this your honeymoon too?
Us: No, were going on the Fantasy next week.
Crush: Sweet! I'll see you there! So where are you dudes from?
Us: Melbourne!
Crush: Woah! Like Australia??!!
Us: Yup!
Crush: Really!?
Us: Nope, hahaha
Crush: Awwwwweeee
He then had us stand up and swam around to the other screens and announced that there was a bride and groom in the house. Everyone clapped and Crush had us kiss. It was so fun!!! Later Meg and Maryke came over to say goodbye and we were able to give them the thank you letters. We hung out at Meridian again with some of our guests and brought out the leftover wedding cake. Soon it was time to pack up which was a complicated process as we had so much stuff to bring off. I was delighted to find out that I could bring my bouquet off with me because it had been made in Florida, not the Bahamas. The next morning, we finished packing and picked up our photos. We were surprised that we were only charged an extra $84 for the additional one hour of photography before the wedding even though she shot for an extra 45 minutes or so after. Also, when we got home, we were excited to find out that she included the image of the wedding announcement on the CD!

We had a last meal with all of our guests, and handed out our pictures. Disembarkation was a little bit long, but not too bad and before we knew it, we were home!

Thanks for the wonderful round up of your wedding kbast!
Beautiful photos - you both look so happy together

Are all the disney songs available to be played by the pianist? Does someone have the list that I can review? There will be a bunch if kids at our wedding and I know they are obsessed with frozen so I was curious if that music could be played? Also we are going on the dream and I was tinkling of having an adults only afte party at evolution and hopefully get people dancing. So if our reception end at five, go to a show, and then have a late dinner do you think people will be up for it maybe around 10:30? I was thinking it would be cute to have a pajama dance party" what do you guys think?

Omg Kat your photos and wedding looked so amazing!:cool1: I am so sorry to hear about the last minute drop out of your photographer but the Disney person did a really great job and that is so nice that she did extra time without charging you! Also thank you for sharing about your welcome party that really is a great option and I am glad that it turned out really well! Congratulations again and thank you for sharing! :yay:

Melissa

Are all the disney songs available to be played by the pianist? Does someone have the list that I can review? There will be a bunch if kids at our wedding and I know they are obsessed with frozen so I was curious if that music could be played? Also we are going on the dream and I was tinkling of having an adults only afte party at evolution and hopefully get people dancing. So if our reception end at five, go to a show, and then have a late dinner do you think people will be up for it maybe around 10:30? I was thinking it would be cute to have a pajama dance party" what do you guys think?

Hi Kohara,

This is the list that I was sent when I started my planning in September of 2013. As you can see there are no Frozen songs on the list. There may be some on there now? I would ask the shore side coordinators but, even if they say no, ask your on-board coordinator. It seems like the shore-side coordinators make it seem like you can't do anything but, once you get on-board, it's a different story. Frozen is so popular that I don't think it will be a problem. I agree, it would be so cute to play "Love is an Open Door" and have the kids sing along!

POPULAR WEDDING SONG LIST
Prelude/ Seating

Trumpet Voluntary (Prince of Denmark’s March) by Clarke
Canon in D by Pachabel
Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring by Bach
Spring, “The Four Seasons” by Vivaldi
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes, Cinderella

Processional:

Bridal Chorus (“Here Comes the Bride”) Trumpet Voluntary (Prince of Denmark’s march) by Clarke
Trumpet Tune in D Major by Purcell
When You Wish Upon A Star, Pinocchio

Recessional:

Wedding March (“There Goes the Bride”) by Mendelssohn
Trumpet Tune by Purcell
Rondeau (Masterpiece Theater) by Mouret
Spring or Autumn, “The Four Seasons” by Vivaldi
Hornpipe, “Water Music” by Handel
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Da, Song of the South

Reception/ First Dance:

All I Ask of You, “Phantom Of The Opera” by Andrew Lloyd Weber
My Heart Will Go On, “Titanic” by James Horner
Unforgettable by Irving Gordon
What A Wonderful World by Weiss/Thiele
Unchained Melody by Zaret/North

Disney Songs:

Kiss the Girl, “The Little Mermaid”
Part of Your World, “The Little Mermaid”
Under the Sea, “The Little Mermaid”
A Whole New World, “Aladdin”
Beauty & The Beast, “ Beauty & the Beast”
Bibbidi-Bobbidy-Boo, “Cinderella”
So This is Love, “Cinderella”
Can You Feel The Love Tonight, “The Lion King”
Circle of Life, “The Lion King”
Chim Chim Cher-ee, “Mary Poppins”
You’ll Be In My Heart, “Tarzan”
Love is A Song, “Bambi”
Once Upon A Dream, “Sleeping Beauty”
Someday My Prince Will Come, “Snow White”
Colors of the Wind, “Pocahontas”
Disney’s Electric Light Parade
It’s A Small World
Mickey Mouse March

As far as the dance party, there are always adult activities planned in Evolution from about 9:30pm - midnight, like magicians, game shows, trivia competitions, ect. Because of this, I highly doubt that they would close the area down for a private party at that time. I had a private reception there at 5:30pm on the first day. I think after 11:30pm or so each night, after the shows or games, they just have music and dancing so you could invite everyone to come out but, it wouldn't be private. I hope this information helps!

Quick question- Does the piano player stay for the entire wedding and reception? I don't want to do dances or anything but I would still like music being played.

Yay! I just booked my Wonder wedding for March 2016. I even found a great photographer to do the wedding for the cost of the cruise and flights. Awesome.

Hi my name is Ashleigh and my husband and I have booked a 7 night on the Fantasy January, 9 2016. We will be doing a vow renewal and celebrating my sister's 14 th birthday. This is also a surprise trip for my two kids who will be dd10 and ds11 as part of their Christmas for next year. This will be our first Disney cruise! We have cruised before but with another line. I am super excited!!!!

Hi my name is Ashleigh and my husband and I have booked a 7 night on the Fantasy January, 9 2016. We will be doing a vow renewal and celebrating my sister's 14 th birthday. This is also a surprise trip for my two kids who will be dd10 and ds11 as part of their Christmas for next year. This will be our first Disney cruise! We have cruised before but with another line. I am super excited!!!!

Welcome aboard! :cool1: and congratulations on your vow renewal that is going to be so amazing and i am sure your kids are just going to be so suprised with a Disney Cruise they are so magical you guys will have an amazing time. I to am getting married on the Fantasy this May :goodvibes make sure you start a PJ would love to follow along!

Happy Planning
Melissa

Hello Everyone!

I had a couple of questions about the ceremony and reception in the Outlook lounge, I am currently working on music selections for anyone who used a CD did it play at a good volume? Also who was in control of starting and passing the music? and was there enough room to dance?

I also wanted to know about chairs I was told I could bring chair covers or bows but it seems that the sizes of the chairs differ was anyone able to get all the same chairs on request?

Also when the piano is playing are the songs choppy since the aisle is so short or does it go pretty nice?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Melissa:goodvibes

Hi Girls!! It's been a long time since I posted here but I see so many of you on Facebook.

I still love looking at all the weddings.. so much is better now than it was when I was planning. It was like Disney didn't have a real "plan" for Cruise brides and we kinda made it up along the way.

Here's to the OLD BRIDES!

I think I might be the first of my kind here...a 2018 bride! We are planning on February 2018. It kills me that it's so far away but we want to make sure we have the funds to really do it the way we want.

So far I know we want to do at least a 4-5 day cruise, ideally going to San Juan at some point because SO is Puerto Rican and the compromise for doing this on DCL was that it would go to PR at some point (I'm sure he'll be fine either way if the itineraries don't allow it though). I don't see anything that short for a San Juan cruise right now so who knows if they will even have it in the future. We then plan to do another 6-7 days at WDW with a MK photoshoot at some point. Maybe another park too, haven't decided yet.

I can't plan much right now since there are obviously no dates for the cruises...and I can't even book that far out on MDE yet either. Killing me!!!!!! At least I can buy accessories, etc. :hyper:

I guess we got long winded and our old thread has been closed..So here is a new one!

So much has changed since my wedding/VR on DCL..but there seem to be a bunch of new DCL brides..so let the fun continue!

Here is the link to the last thread!

Disney Cruise Brides Part I
Hi, I have booked the Disney Dream for my wedding this August. I am very excited and happy with the options and add ons for the ceremony. I have one main concern PHOTOGRAPHY! Not knowing who it will be or the quality. Anyone can share their experience I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!!

Hi, I have booked the Disney Dream for my wedding this August. I am very excited and happy with the options and add ons for the ceremony. I have one main concern PHOTOGRAPHY! Not knowing who it will be or the quality. Anyone can share their experience I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!!
Hello and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

What I did and a few other brides have done as well is bring an outside photographer I booked her cruise and her cruise fare was the price of photographer ever photographer differs but i was able to get a great deal with pictures not only the wedding day but each port and Castaway! My photographer is Collette Mruk I hope that helps!!

Happy Planning
Melissa

Hi Melissa,

Thanks so much for your quick response!! I will definitely look her up. Do you remember ball park what you paid for her photo package in addition to her cruise fare?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter