Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

Sorry hit the wrong button and posted too soon

Don't have as much time as I would like to be active here on the boards
But please contact us should you have any questions or want to know more

Was planning to do a whole trip report and so forth..but life has got in the way
With moving overseas, new house, new business etc things have been non stop since we got back home.

Might try and see if the Disney wedding podcast would like to do an interview
As we have so much info and learned so much from the boards...we want to help others out as well.

Also want to share our DCL castaway cay wedding experience has it was amazing. Really beyond words and were more than pleased how it turned out. In fact we were completely blown away and would certainly recommend the cruise wedding to anyone.
We almost pulled the plug many times and cancel due to the planing stages and the lack of info and help from Disney FTW department

The onboard experience blew us away. Nothing like it was dealing with shoreside at all.

Sooooo much to write and just not enough time to do so
But please ask away. Just know it might take sometime to get back to you

Hi Everyone!

I've been a long time lurker and finally decided to make an account and join the fun!
Because of all of your amazing posts, ideas and PJ's, the DF and I had no hesitation
when picking DCL for our wedding in 2016!
We got in engaged and within 2-3 weeks booked our trip and wedding package pixiedust:
I cant wait to share my planning journey and continue to follow along on everyone else's as well!

:love:

Hey ladies,

I am having a really had time coming up with cool, interesting, useful and and fun father of the bride/groom gifts. Anyone have good ideas? I want it to be something meaningful but neither of our dads are big sentimental guys or very formal, so ties/cufflinks etc are probably out. I would love it to be something they can use again or that would be useful on the cruise. We are cruising to Alaska for our wedding on the wonder.

Welcome, NikkiEla!

PixarPrincess7, we are going to take our parents to Remy one night of the cruise (we're not sitting with them the other nights) to spoil them, openly express our gratitude and create a lasting memory.

PixarPrincess7, we are going to take our parents to Remy one night of the cruise (we're not sitting with them the other nights) to spoil them, openly express our gratitude and create a lasting memory.

Thats an awesome idea, we are on the Wonder though, which does not have a Remy. Only a Palo, which we all have plans to visit as a family.

Hi Everyone!

I've been a long time lurker and finally decided to make an account and join the fun!
Because of all of your amazing posts, ideas and PJ's, the DF and I had no hesitation
when picking DCL for our wedding in 2016!
We got in engaged and within 2-3 weeks booked our trip and wedding package pixiedust:
I cant wait to share my planning journey and continue to follow along on everyone else's as well!

:love:

Welcome board!!! and congrats on a disney cruise wedding :) Hope you decide to start a PJ cruise ones are hard to come by!
Congratulations again

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

Hey ladies,

I am having a really had time coming up with cool, interesting, useful and and fun father of the bride/groom gifts. Anyone have good ideas? I want it to be something meaningful but neither of our dads are big sentimental guys or very formal, so ties/cufflinks etc are probably out. I would love it to be something they can use again or that would be useful on the cruise. We are cruising to Alaska for our wedding on the wonder.

Me and my DF were in the same boat neither dads are really sentimental at all so we decided on a mini scrap book both are really into photos and were going to make a timeline from when each of us were young to growing up and then add pictures from the wedding hopefully they will like it! Let us know what you decide :goodvibes

The package says that dinner for two at Palo is non-transferable. Has anyone ever successfully awarded this to their guests? I feel really selfish slipping away from our guests for two hours on such a short cruise.

The package says that dinner for two at Palo is non-transferable. Has anyone ever successfully awarded this to their guests? I feel really selfish slipping away from our guests for two hours on such a short cruise.

In our case we were told no
Wedding couple only

We did not try while we were on the ship...so you might have a chance once onboard.

Hi all!

I am starting to plan a vow renewal - we were already planning on going on a cruise in Dec 2016 and decided to add the vow renewal (can't wait for the dates to be released!)

We will be using the onboard photography, and it will just be our kids and us. My question is....does the onboard photography ONLY photograph the ceremony or do you get them for a block of time? We won't be having a real "reception" so after we cut the cake and toast I would love to go to different parts of the ship with the kids and take photos in all our finery.

Any details anyone has (price etc) would be wonderful. Thanks!

Congratulations, PIUGoddess!

I think that Kat's posts on page 66 of this thread gave me the best idea of the scope and quality of Disney's photography coverage. The packages range from $350-$999 plus $85 for Castaway Cay ceremonies. Other brides have said Disney's photographers will do their best to get you shots in the best locations on the boat/island or with characters if they happen to be nearby.

Good luck!
Ashley

Hi. New here. Thinking about a vow renewal on Disney Dream. Any idea on the cost of the renewal ceremony?

Hi. New here. Thinking about a vow renewal on Disney Dream. Any idea on the cost of the renewal ceremony?

Congratulations on a Disney Cruise vow renewal that will be amazing! The last i heard vow renewals were like $500 less or so then normal weddings which at the moment are 3000 I would look on the Disney Fairytale wedding website and send an email to get exact pricing!

Happy Planning
Melissa:goodvibes

Hi all!

I am starting to plan a vow renewal - we were already planning on going on a cruise in Dec 2016 and decided to add the vow renewal (can't wait for the dates to be released!)

We will be using the onboard photography, and it will just be our kids and us. My question is....does the onboard photography ONLY photograph the ceremony or do you get them for a block of time? We won't be having a real "reception" so after we cut the cake and toast I would love to go to different parts of the ship with the kids and take photos in all our finery.

Any details anyone has (price etc) would be wonderful. Thanks!
We had the photographer for an hour.. Our whole ceremony and photos only lasted 30 minutes so the photographer walked around the deck with us for photos before going to Palo for our reception.
He took pictures of the cake and toast before his hour was up so I think hey will go anywhere in the 60 minute time frame. You can also add time ( at least, you use to be able to)

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering what kind of "extras" DCL is willing to do for a wedding on board.
I've seen some people have Welcome receptions with an open bar and hor dourves and AV setups for slideshows and such but are there any other things that you've gotten approved or you've heard others have done successfully?
I'm in the beginning stages of planning now and just want to know some possible options.
I completely understand that what one person has gotten approved may not be approved for me.

Thank you all so much in advance! :flower:

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering what kind of "extras" DCL is willing to do for a wedding on board.
I've seen some people have Welcome receptions with an open bar and hor dourves and AV setups for slideshows and such but are there any other things that you've gotten approved or you've heard others have done successfully?
I'm in the beginning stages of planning now and just want to know some possible options.
I completely understand that what one person has gotten approved may not be approved for me.

Thank you all so much in advance! :flower:

To my knowledge onboard they offer like a welcome party but that is extra and is determined 45-30 days where it will be held! The only other things I can think that are rare to be approved is I got my approval today to hold my ceremony in the atrium which is not common but that took ALOT of bugging on my end and then my reception in the D lounge I really wanted the feel of an "actual wedding" with a wedding and reception location the best way to customize is to buy or DIY I made an aisle runner, I'm getting chair bows, making programs and lots of favors! I hope that helps!

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

We were married on Castaway on 11/12/13, we did the civil ceremony and have been trying to find out how we can get a copy of our vows but keep hitting dead ends. Any other DCL brides have a copy of them or know who to contact?

Hi! I'm new here but just wanted to thank all of you for posting about your planning experience. It has helped convince us to get married on the Disney Dream Sept 26th-30th 2016 and we couldn't be more excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter