DISmoms 4 - The Hunt for Jack Sparrow

And now for the real story....

"That Miss Ellen, she CRAZY!" - a quote from my Ally. And she knows what she's talkin about!!!

So we kicked Cammie and Joan out to go see Villains and believe me, it made it a lot easier to get showered with only two in the room instead of all 4 of us. Although I must admit that 4 women sharing a room wasn't nearly as crazy as I thought it would be.....

We stood outside and said our goodbyes to the Magic.....

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

Then our goodbyes to Atlantis...

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

Then our goodbyes to our cabin as we decided to head out and cause some trouble....

Ellen said goodbye to her sanity, trying to imitate the Cinderella mosaic.....

DSC_0254.jpg

Cause...."That Miss Ellen, she CRAZY!"

Then it was time to head to the District to see my sweetie....

DSC_0257.jpg

"That Miss Ellen, she STILL Crazy!!!"

And yes, this is when it happened........

It was the birth of Pauldo in the Skyline lounge.....

DSC_0261.jpg

Of course, all I wanted to know was....
WHERE'S ALEX?????

I ordered my new favorite drink of all time, a martini called "OohLaLa" and I received a Pauldo "OohLaLa."

DSC_0258.jpg

We tried to put on brave faces, hoping our Alex would return soon.....

DSC_0259.jpg

And then..... the girl of my dreams.... came through that door....

And gave me this.

DSC_0264.jpg

No freakin idea what it was but it was NASTY!!!!! I tried to order something different, but my girl Alex soon whisked it away and made me a REAL OohLaLa.....

And yes, Ellen, she did say, "Dees ees not OohLaLa. OohLaLa ees martini, does THEES look like martini?"

She had me at "Dees."

Before long, Cammie and Joan met up with us (yeah, like they had trouble finding us! ) and we headed down to dinner.....

Tonight we would be dining in Enchanted Garden....

DSC_0266.jpg

For my appetizer I had....
North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli - with roasted garlic and sweet basil in a light tomato broth.

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0268.jpg

Somebody ordered....
Thyme and Garlic Brioche - filled with Chanterelle, Hedgehog and Black Trumpet Mushrooms and Leek Stew in a light buttermilk cream.

DSC_0270.jpg

We pretty much shared everything, and it was all delicious!!!

Someone ordered the....
Pan-seared Sea Bass - with Saffron and fennel risotto with a sweet chili glaze for their entree.

DSC_0271.jpg

And someone ordered the....
Caramelized Sea Scallops - with roasted asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, and pearl pasta, garnished with caramelized leeks and veal jus reduction.

DSC_0273.jpg

And soon, word spread that the DISmoms were on board. Because we were greeted by the chef!!!!!

DSC_0275.jpg

Does anyone know WHY he came out to our table? Was it to ask us to leave and we had our photo taken with him first? :rotfl2: Or was he just smitten with the DISmoms?????

Dessert....

DSC_0277.jpg

And of course you know what comes next......

Napkin hats!!!!!!!

And now for the real story....

"That Miss Ellen, she CRAZY!" - a quote from my Ally. And she knows what she's talkin about!!!

We stood outside and said our goodbyes to the Magic.....

DSC_0240.jpg

That is a really great picture of you Ellen. My only question is why do you have a ring of sausages on your arm? :lmao: Well, at least that is what it looks like to me. ;) Or else it is a really big bracelet.

OhLa La !!! The Bacon tini sounds awful , but that food is delish !!!I have been studying the menus for our cruise in May2013 and I see I want it all !!!:rotfl2:

That is a really great picture of you Ellen. My only question is why do you have a ring of sausages on your arm? :lmao: Well, at least that is what it looks like to me. ;) Or else it is a really big bracelet.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:It's actually a floating camera strap, for underwater cameras..... I have one just like it and love it because you can never lose it! Now I'll always think of it as a ring of sausages!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

OhLa La !!! The Bacon tini sounds awful , but that food is delish !!!I have been studying the menus for our cruise in May2013 and I see I want it all !!!:rotfl2:

And the best part is that you CAN have it all!!! :goodvibes

:rotfl2::rotfl2:It's actually a floating camera strap, for underwater cameras..... I have one just like it and love it because you can never lose it! Now I'll always think of it as a ring of sausages!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I had to go right to the menus for Enchanted Gradens and see what I wanted and I think it was all !!!:rotfl2:

Ugh...bacon tasting drinks???? Yuck.

Gald you ended up getting something you like then instead though.

Dinner looks fabulous. I had some of those items too...Now I am hungry.

OHH duh why have I not thought to look at the menus... what else am i missing that I should be looking at lo

OH MY GOSH. I was thinking that too like tht bracelet is way to big LOL

HA one of my many nicknames is Varuka from Willie Wonka and I love when she sings that song then gets thrown down the shoot for being a bad egg.... Im going to be singing I WANT IT ALLLLLLL someone can shut me up with a OhhLAA LAA beverage! k

Bacon drinks aren't all bad. My oldest son makes bloody Marys with bacon vodka that are to die for!

OHH that sounds good.. I need a receipe!!

Yeah, all caught up here!
How fun to see the Magic in port, that must have been so awesome.
And all your other adventures were just too funny. Love the Pauldo and Alex drinks too. ;)

Not gonna lie, I was cracking up while I was reading your updates this morning. :rotfl:

That Miss Ellen strikes again! :rotfl:

And the Oh La La. "Dees aint no martini!". That is the strangest looking martini I have ever seen. Thank goodness your savior bartender came along. Sounds like not a minute too soon. I will remember to look her up when we cruise next year. I hope she is still there. :thumbsup2

Dinner looks amazing! Yum!

Good morning everyone! Sing along with me-

"The best part of wakin up, is bacon in your cup!"

:rotfl2: I've had that stuck in my head for 3 days- so, good luck with that, Kara! :rotfl:

683.jpg

We started our dinner at Enchanted Garden with some rolls-Multi-grain Loaf and Country Current Bread with Chickpea-Garlic Purée

673.jpg

674.jpg

YIKES!!! Sorry about the overexposure! I love this picture of Cammie-

675.jpg

So then Kara had-North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli With Roasted Garlic and Sweet Basil in a light Tomato Broth

676.jpg

I chose Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower With Crispy Noodles and Wasabi Dressing and it was fabulous!

677.jpg

Joan had Thyme and Garlic Brioche Filled with Chanterelle, Hedgehog and Black Trumpet Mushrooms and Leek Stew in a light Buttermilk Cream

679.jpg

682.jpg

Did Cammie have it too? Between courses, Kara explained the snoring situation in the cabin-

Click to play-

And then we learned about the south...and NJ....

click to play-

For entrees, I had Pan-seared Sea Bass With Saffron and Fennel Risotto with a Sweet Chili Glaze

685.jpg

I think Cammie (and maybe someone else?) had Grilled NY Strip Steak Thyme Roasted Vegetables, Double-baked Potato topped with handmade Herb Butter.

689.jpg

Is that right? It doesn't look grilled to me- it looks more like prime rib or roast- anyway, we all shared Caramelized Sea Scallops With Roasted Asparagus, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Pearl Pasta, garnished with Caramelized Leeks and Veal Jus Reduction

686.jpg

It was in the center of the table. I really enjoyed my fish, but I wasn't that crazy about the scallops. For dessert, I think this was Steamed Lemon Buttermilk Pudding With Citrus Reduction

691.jpg

And this was Sweet Temptations A trio of Esterhazy Cake, Strawberry Cheesecake, and Chocolate Silk Mousse

692.jpg

There was also Banana Foster Sundae Rum-glazed Bananas, Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, and Caramel Sauce

693.jpg

And of course, the chef came out to meet us, because he wanted to see the 4 women who snarfed down all this food for himself! Which was followed by.....oh, crap. It's hat time.

695.jpg

Oh. My. Dear. Lord. :eek:

Honestly, I'm not sure I ever mentioned that about Michael before. I've asked questions about special needs kids on cruises, but I think I did that on the main boards, and never on a cruise specific board. Mostly, he's good. It's just major changes that throw him for a loop. He's regressing a bit this week (clinging to his stuffed toy Linney even more than usual, etc.). He'll be o.k. though. He always surprises me that way.

Transitions are sooo hard. I always get such insight into Sean from kids like yours who can verbalize what they're feeling. My friend, Jane's, son, Greg is like that- I have learned sooo much about Sean from him!

Bacon in a cup just doesn't sound like my martini of choice. :rolleyes2 I'm glad "your" bartender returned and fixed everything for you!

Ellen, I'm excited for you to take your trip with Timmy! Those moments don't happen much as they grow up.

Kara, put on some mittens. :p I am so sorry you are going through this. I know you asked for remedies, and I don't have any idea.

I am really looking forward to the trip with tim- HORRIBLE guilt about the other two, tho- not that they're complaining, it's just all in my head.:headache:

No, Pauldo is not married to Alenka.... our server from Palo is married to Alenka. Silly Peas......:sad2:

Thanks Carrots! I am silly! But I still like Pauldo- he was so sweet!

I know, I know, I like lots of drinks. But this was supposed to be like a Lemon Drop and it had no lemon flavor at all. That's all I'm sayin. It was just nasty. :eek: Thank god for the glass of Pinot Grigio I got. ;) And that bar is just so beautiful. You really need to try it on your next cruise.

Did it taste like paint thinner? I have had them like that- YUCK! :scared1:

I will definitely check out Meridian this spring! Thanks!
[/COLOR]

i guess I would have a different idea of bacon in a cup.... but that's another story. I'm so glad that Kara found her girl crush. From the photos she seems wonderful.

Yup Kara needs mittens or she will be skinless from scratching...get well soon

Glad that you and Timmy have a trip planned. I really want to do that with each of my girls. BUmmer on Sean's school. Happy to hear it is making progress. Big hugs for the court date--I know it is just a techinicality but still ugh for court.
Loving the updates!

Alex was awesome- we all adored her- she was an INCREDIBLE CM!!

And thanks for the hugs- court was fine, Sean is all ours again. ::yes:: The court appointed attorney (who comes to the house to evaluate everything and report back to the court) said the nicest things to me- she said she was in awe of me and how calmly I dealt with our son. It was really sweet! :) Now all we need to do is get approved by Social Security- for now, anyway, that's it!

And school is going well! He seems fine! :banana:

Good morning everyone! Sing along with me-

"The best part of wakin up, is bacon in your cup!"

:rotfl2: I've had that stuck in my head for 3 days- so, good luck with that, Kara! :rotfl:

Thanks! Now that is going to be stuck in my head for the next three days.

I am SO glad I can't see your food pictures right now because I am already starving. All I can say is dinner SOUNDS delish! Except for the bacon in a cup. :rotfl2:

I love staying at VWL, actually I love staying at all the different resorts. :rolleyes: But what I really like about staying at VWL is renting bikes and cruising around the camp grounds. Last time we did that I came back early to do laundry or something and Rob and Sarah almost ran into a couple of teenage deer with their bikes. I do not know who was more shocked, the deer or the humans. Rob said it happened so quickly he did not even have time to snap a shot (and he is like you with his camera, it is always attached to his body).

A personal medical update on me, I went back in for surgery on my hand yesterday and the doc removed the hardware he put in when I crushed the finger bone. The bone healed nicely (but a bit crooked now) but one the screws was poking into a tendon which was creating issues. All is good now. ::yes::

kate

Happy Belated Birthday, Kate! :goodvibes I'm glad to hear good things about VWL, I'm like you, haven't met a DVC I didn't like! This one kind of baffles me, though- I keep thinking it's AKL without the animals....funny you mentioned the bike ride, I already had that pegged as something we would be doing- Tim & I both love riding bikes! :thumbsup2

And I am so glad the surgery is behind you and all is good- I bet that is a huge relief!

I'm glad your surgery went well, Kate! I have a question- how did he know they were teenage deer? Did they dye the top of their hair pink and were they walking and texting?:confused3

They were wearing earbuds! :faint:

Kara try some Benadryl,that stops the itching if very bad. I know from experience!

Right now living large at AKL, loving every minute except for being stuck on SM & walking down the mountain! Not as bad as you would think!

I dunno- I'm STILL thinkin that would be pretty bad no matter how much you reassure us! YIKES!!![/COLOR]

:lmao: Yep, pink hair and Ipods/Iphones. I really do not know how he knew, I assume they no longer had their fawn spots but were still small. That is a good question.

Another side note, I had to kick a student out of my class this week for disruptive behavior and foul language. Scary for me and the other students; he left yelling, well, I cannot write it here but it ended in "you" as he walked out of the door. I filed a report and he is no longer on my classlist so hopefully he will not be back. I love my job but sometimes I just want to stay home and hide. On a happy note, the other 34 students in this class are awesome. And I have the next four days to stay home and destress (medical leave and the weekend). Bring on the wine. :drinking1

That's pretty scary. I hope the wine helped this past weekend-

Love your trip reports. I saw someone had a ticker for a DisMom meet in May 2013 Land & Sea? When is that? Just wondering if you will be on our Fantasy cruise so I can watch for you guys.

You are NOT allowed to bring your video camera next year!!!!! I can't remember you filming any of these so far!!!! I mean, "I can't remember Y'ALL filming!" That's singular.

No Bacon in a Cup!!!!! Darn you Peas!!!!! I'm singing and you KNEW I would be!!!!

Love your trip reports. I saw someone had a ticker for a DisMom meet in May 2013 Land & Sea? When is that? Just wondering if you will be on our Fantasy cruise so I can watch for you guys.

Nope. We're doing another 4 night Dream cruise. I think it's May 5?

Transitions are sooo hard. I always get such insight into Sean from kids like yours who can verbalize what they're feeling. My friend, Jane's, son, Greg is like that- I have learned sooo much about Sean from him!

He won't come right out and tell me why he's upset, but his behavior and the things he does say make it pretty obvious. His OCD kicks into high gear (obsession with the number 10, school buses and Linney) and he needs to listen to music more than usual to block out other things. He also tends to chatter incessantly in a very circular way and everything needs to be done NOW.

He was better today than last week. He still won't talk about school though, except to tell me what he ate for lunch!

Edited to add: I just booked a vacation to Vegas for me and Mike second week of October for our 16th wedding anniversary! Hotel was crazy cheap and JetBlue had a sale today. Yay!

I sometimes speak in Kara talk. I lived in GA for 5yrs as a kid, so my yall , mama, sir, come back now ya hear, starts flowing after a few drinks or if im around anyone with an accent. But it sometimes is over powered by the WHATEVER DUDES lol

hmm bacon in a cup... why does that kauluha, and maple syrup sound delish? LOL kidding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter