DISmoms 4 - The Hunt for Jack Sparrow

I sometimes speak in Kara talk. I lived in GA for 5yrs as a kid, so my yall , mama, sir, come back now ya hear, starts flowing after a few drinks or if im around anyone with an accent. But it sometimes is over powered by the WHATEVER DUDES lol

hmm bacon in a cup... why does that kauluha, and maple syrup sound delish? LOL kidding!

Oh, "bless yer heart...." I'll have you y'allin with me in no time!!!!

Ellen does have a way of capturing those awesome moments...like sven and ole. I'm laughing pretty good this morning. I want May to be here now...kind of so I can hang out with you guys again.

As promised....

Napkin Hat time!!!

"You are doing WHAT to my head?"

DSC_0279.jpg

"Oh well will ya look at that... I'm a napkin hat hottie!"

DSC_0282.jpg

"No way chickie! I'm Princess Leia!"

DSC_0285.jpg

"Will somebody stop the voices!!!!"

DSC_0287.jpg

Am I the only one who notices that Ellen is the ONLY one in the restaurant wearing ANYTHING on her head? Hmmmm?????

DSC_0288.jpg

Well, except for Roland, but I never did understand a darn thing he said all cruise!

DSC_0290.jpg

I rest my case....

DSC_0291.jpg

Now, time to get me away from the Napkin Hat Dance, and back to my girl crush Alex "Ees not mojito bar, ees martini bar" in Skyline. A nice little after dinner cocktail....

DSC_0292.jpg

"Gee Kara, you're right... this is waaaay better than the Princess Leia look."

DSC_0294.jpg

Don't worry Peas, I'll have your back.

Geez...I feel soo pretty! And I remember! I got GREAT reception on my earphones that night too! :rotfl:

All I can say is...i felt VERY special that I was chosen to be crowned with honorary mouse ears. And my Joanie looked GORGEOUS with her bow! :cutie:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I had the BEST time that night, and I would wear the hat again!! I am PRO hats, in case anyone is keeping tally.

well...that's a little obvious...HUH?

Up next- it's the second star to the right?????? :rotfl2:

So after hat time was done, we all went down to Evolution to see Match your Mate

696.jpg

Even with out my DH by my side, it was still very entertaining! We also went to visit our girl, Alex, in Skyline-

697.jpg

And then Joanie and I went on a tour of the outside decks because we wanted to see how beautiful it was at night-

698.jpg

699.jpg

700.jpg

702.jpg

The movie playing was Remember the Titans- we just showed it at our middle school for a family movie night. It is a GREAT movie, if you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend you do!

703.jpg

709.jpg

710.jpg

715.jpg

716.jpg

717.jpg

Doesn't this remind you of McDonald's??

719.jpg

Back in the cabin, Kara and Cammie were already in bed- we had a new system- snorers on the other side of the curtain. So Cammie and I were in the bed, Kara & Joan were in the bunks. We had another cute little friend in the cabin, too.

721.jpg

Kara was staying in the top bunk, but wow! She was pretty afraid up there! :rotfl2:

click to play-

Well, I guess Joanie was able to calm Kara down, or help her find her second star to the right for sure, because soon we were all asleep. Tomorrow, Palo Brunch on our day at sea!

Love the update! The video is precious! :rotfl2:

Isn't the DREAM beautiful at night? We loved taking evening walks, especially when the first dinner seating and the first show were on. The ship was deserted :cloud9:

Can't wait for Palo! :thumbsup2

On Tuesday, we had brunch at Palo! Before we went, I worked out in the gym in hopes of burning a few calories- but I'm sure I didn't stay there long enough!! Anyway, after my workout, I realized that my minimalist packing had one slight flaw- I didn't count on Palo brunch. Oops. Well, I scrounged up something, I guess, and off we went to stuff ourselves silly.

Cheers!

026.jpg

We totally scored here in the server department- we were lucky to have Marko, hubby of another favorite on the cruise, Alenka from Pink. Anyway, Marko took us on the tour of the buffet, beginning with the pizzas and entrees that could be ordered from him-

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

Then onto the buffet. He carefully explained each item- I was busy snapping pictures like a nut, so I missed most of what he was saying!

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

I am not close to done! So many pics- so much food, so little time...cont'd next post-

More and more-

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

Is that an insane amount of choices, or what??? It was so hard to choose- yet somehow, we all managed. I think this was my plate-

059.jpg

This was mine, too. See? I told you I didn't work out long enough!!

060.jpg

We also ordered a grape gorgonzola pizza to share, and I had some veal marsala which was yummy-

062.jpg

This belonged to someone else-

063.jpg

Have to pick up Tim at the gym- back later with dessert!

And there's another yummy update!

Isn't Palo brunch so worth the $20 upcharge? It is one event, we definitely do NOT want to miss when cruising. ;)

Thanks for giving me a little break between the savoury items and dessert. I need to digest .......... :rotfl2:

As promised....

Napkin Hat time!!!

"You are doing WHAT to my head?"

DSC_0279.jpg

"Oh well will ya look at that... I'm a napkin hat hottie!"

DSC_0282.jpg

"No way chickie! I'm Princess Leia!"

DSC_0285.jpg

"Will somebody stop the voices!!!!"

DSC_0287.jpg

Am I the only one who notices that Ellen is the ONLY one in the restaurant wearing ANYTHING on her head? Hmmmm?????

DSC_0288.jpg

Well, except for Roland, but I never did understand a darn thing he said all cruise!

DSC_0290.jpg

I rest my case....

DSC_0291.jpg

Now, time to get me away from the Napkin Hat Dance, and back to my girl crush Alex "Ees not mojito bar, ees martini bar" in Skyline. A nice little after dinner cocktail....

DSC_0292.jpg

"Gee Kara, you're right... this is waaaay better than the Princess Leia look."

DSC_0294.jpg

Don't worry Peas, I'll have your back.

OMG! Funniest update ever! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Plus I really enjoyed listening to the difference between Y'all and Y'all, but I with Cammie on the Jersey saying "forgetd about it".

Oh, and that food from Palo. WOW! I so hope I am able to snag a brunch reservation there. It looks amazing.

So happy I am finally getting a chance to catch up WITH pictures!

I can't wait until I am in Palo for brunch next year. we didn't get to experience that on the Wonder a few years ago. It was our first cruise and I was too nervous to know what to do and what not to do.

I am so making a reservation for Palo brunch on the 2013 NYE cruise! I just wish I didn't have to wait that long..... We have never done brunch, just dinner. I have no idea what we were thinking!!

I am about DYING from the video.. wow talk about HOT mess.. but I did learn that I will be on the snoring side of the cabin.. or at least E says I snore.. I dont believe him LOL.

Palo.. awesome, food always looks amazing and so much how do you NOT try everything? I would be in heaven. BTW we have to try for this. Cuz I couldnt get it on my cruise... :(

And there's another yummy update!

Isn't Palo brunch so worth the $20 upcharge? It is one event, we definitely do NOT want to miss when cruising. ;)

Thanks for giving me a little break between the savoury items and dessert. I need to digest .......... :rotfl2:

That's funny- it made me :rotfl2:

OMG! Funniest update ever! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Plus I really enjoyed listening to the difference between Y'all and Y'all, but I with Cammie on the Jersey saying "forgetd about it".

Oh, and that food from Palo. WOW! I so hope I am able to snag a brunch reservation there. It looks amazing.

So happy I am finally getting a chance to catch up WITH pictures!

Just book onboard as soon as you get on the ship-:thumbsup2

I can't wait until I am in Palo for brunch next year. we didn't get to experience that on the Wonder a few years ago. It was our first cruise and I was too nervous to know what to do and what not to do.

Well, drink some wine and relax! :rotfl: The brunch is great- to me, it was much, much better on the Dream than my last one on the Magic. I hope you'll go! :thumbsup2

I am so making a reservation for Palo brunch on the 2013 NYE cruise! I just wish I didn't have to wait that long..... We have never done brunch, just dinner. I have no idea what we were thinking!!

The brunch is awesome- definitely worth the time and money on a sea day. :goodvibes

I am about DYING from the video.. wow talk about HOT mess.. but I did learn that I will be on the snoring side of the cabin.. or at least E says I snore.. I dont believe him LOL.

Palo.. awesome, food always looks amazing and so much how do you NOT try everything? I would be in heaven. BTW we have to try for this. Cuz I couldnt get it on my cruise... :(

We'll get it! Don't worry!! We will do what we did this year and head right to Palo once we are on board. They had lots of availability, we got our first choice for a time, even. I think they must really limit how many can be prebooked.

Your updates are cracking me up. Just got back from a girls trip with 4 rooms. 2 rooms had some snoring issues. Luckily not my room. I tried paulo dinner and was not impressed. Will be doing brunch in Nov. That looks better. Your brunch epics look amazing.

Hi girls! Thanks for the laughs!:rotfl2: I will have to come back and watch the video - using DBILs wifi right now and I don't want to use too many Gigs. I don't know what's better - ITSK or Princess Ellen Leia. :confused3 I think the princess looks like an elf - what a crazy server! :lmao: After spending the weekend with my mom before I left, if I sound anything like her when I snore, you wouldn't put me on the other side of the curtain, you would throw me overboard! :rotfl:

Finally back and all caught up! Now that DS is in 2nd grade, more homework, the dog, DH's softball games, what a month!

Love the Palo brunch pics. If we do another cruise with the folks, i'm thinking DH and I will have to share this place. We did a dinner by ourselves last time. We'll have to booth DS to the kids place and and take the folks!

Your updates are cracking me up. Just got back from a girls trip with 4 rooms. 2 rooms had some snoring issues. Luckily not my room. I tried paulo dinner and was not impressed. Will be doing brunch in Nov. That looks better. Your brunch epics look amazing.

I like the brunch better than the dinner- and I liked the Dream brunch better than the Magic brunches I have been to. Glad we're making you laugh- the snoring thing is not the best, but it happens. No one in our cabin was horrible, well, except for Kara. :rotfl:

Hi girls! Thanks for the laughs!:rotfl2: I will have to come back and watch the video - using DBILs wifi right now and I don't want to use too many Gigs. I don't know what's better - ITSK or Princess Ellen Leia. :confused3 I think the princess looks like an elf - what a crazy server! :lmao: After spending the weekend with my mom before I left, if I sound anything like her when I snore, you wouldn't put me on the other side of the curtain, you would throw me overboard! :rotfl:

Is overboard an option?? KARA!! We found your new bunk!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Finally back and all caught up! Now that DS is in 2nd grade, more homework, the dog, DH's softball games, what a month!

Love the Palo brunch pics. If we do another cruise with the folks, i'm thinking DH and I will have to share this place. We did a dinner by ourselves last time. We'll have to booth DS to the kids place and and take the folks!

Yea- September is always a challenging month. So much new to get used to. I think next year will feel like nothing for me, tho, because I won't be the PTA Pres anymore. :upsidedow

Definitely do brunch, you won't regret it.

That Brunch looks amazing !!! Your head gear E$llen well that's another story:rotfl2:

Can't say I disagree with ANYTHING you said! :p

Well, you have been VERY patient, and I hope you are all digested and ready for dessert!

036.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

Somehow, we all managed to stuff ourselves a little further with some treats-

065.jpg

068.jpg

Our server, as we mentioned (or maybe as Kara mentioned) was FABULOUS, AND he was married to the lovely champagne pouring Alenka from Pink (which made us love him even more :lovestruc). He also used to work on the Magic, and Kara went all nutty/obsessive on him for a bit discussing a server they both knew. We had to take his pic-

071.jpg

He suggested we all scoot over to another table for a group pic, and we were happy to oblige-

070.jpg

I have to say, I absolutely, hands down, preferred brunch on the Dream over brunch on the Magic. For one thing, the food (especially the seafood) seemed fresher to me- and of higher quality (again, the stone crab claws. On the Magic, I could never get a whole piece to come out of the claw- it always crumbled into tiny nothingness). Second, I thought the logistics of it was much better. On the Magic, those tables of food always seem like chaos to me- you're always rubbing butts with someone on the next table. Here that's impossible because the tables are against the walls. It just seemed to flow so nicely, I really liked it.

Well, after that food fest, we went back to the cabin and changed into swimsuits. Maybe stuffed or crammed ourselves into swimsuits is more appropriate here. Anyway, we headed back up, and as we walked to the glorious adult area, we had to pass THIS-

732.jpg

The dreaded 666 deck. I think we were walking next to this former CM (who OBVIOUSLY had played Peter Pan at some point in his career) and he mentioned something about walking as fast as you can and trying not to look. :rotfl: Yea- that area is great for families with multiple age kids- for adults? Not so much! Finally we arrived at serenity...although one of us was curious about somewhere else...

731.jpg

YES!

730.jpg

The ship was moving sooooooo slowly, heading from Nassau to CC, and there was not ANY kind of a breeze. It was too much for me without getting wet, so Kara and I went down to check out the pool. After attempting MANY different positions for ultimate cooling, we settled on this position as the coolest-

729.jpg

Although looking at the pic, it doesn't look all the COOL to me! :cool1: :laughing:

We noticed our favorite girl was at the Cove bar, she took that pic. Then I took one of her-

728.jpg

We LOVE our Alex!!! Here's a close up of our coolest position- in case you'd like to try it at home-

727.jpg

Yea, we crack ourselves up!

726.jpg

723.jpg

I came back to add, Kara and I decided the line didn't look too bad for the Aquaduck, so we went over to try it- it was SOOOO much fun, I can't wait to do it again!! I really want to try it at night, too!

We started to miss Joanie & Cammie, so we went back up to the adult only sweat- I mean, sun- deck. We were VERY happy to see this happy CM handing out frozen wash cloths-

722.jpg

Next time, I'm asking for extras, or maybe a frozen bath sheet. That might help. It is HOT up there on a slow sea day!

Up next- let's check out the art work and...looks like the champagne tasting is sold out- what do you think we're going to do about that?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!