• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISmoms 4 - The Hunt for Jack Sparrow

OOOOOOHHHHH! I love those chocolate chip cookies. And the wraps were really good too.

What a sweet girl, that Minnesoder one! :thumbsup2 I am usually one to be very excited about some sunshine, but it looks HOT on the Dream! Maybe it's because it's hot here this afternoon, IDK :goodvibes Love the splash area. Hmm, wade up bar - interesting - I wonder why they just didn't make it swim up since they're building it :confused3 Maybe they will start putting cool water running around that area when they get some feedback.

Where are Joan and Cammie sitting in tha 666 pic? It looks really relaxing!

They were up on the adult deck- which will be in my next update. :goodvibes

I am still reading along and enjoying your report while I count down the days to my DREAM cruise. Can’t wait to hear about Palos....all the DOTDs and any wine consumed.;)

Well helloooooo stranger! How many more days until you leave? We all REALLY enjoyed Palo's- I personally felt it was by FAR the best brunch I have ever had on DCL- the quality of the food was fabulous! :thumbsup2

Stay tuned for our own personal champagne tasting.....:rolleyes1

Nice edge shot...I haven't had a chance to see that area yet.

Edge was very cool- I had really wanted to see Vibe when we were there, too, but never made it. Oh well- there's always next May!

im afraid to ask.... im afraid of whats to come:worried:

Yea- you should be very, very glad this won't be your 1st newbie DCL cruise- you are avoiding a TON of humiliation.

Of course, there is the DISmoms initiation for you to worry about....:rolleyes1 just don't forget an extra bra to wear for earmuffs around EPCOT- Kara and I already have your clown shoes and rubber nose....:eek:

remember 2 people CAN fit on a door as long as one of them isnt Rose

Always good to know!

What was the other bottle next to the wine I sent?

My TA, Marilyn, always sends a bottle of wine- :thumbsup2

Hey that CM knew to make it good for all you Superstahs! :cool1:

A 15K rat? Only on Disney.

I can't wait to hear your comparisons of the pools. Thanks to DS loving the clubs, we got to spend quite a bit of time at the pool on the Magic. Although our sea days were quite windy that the water from the hot tubs was splashing into the pool. And then the rocking of the water... I'm onl 5' 2", and the pool levels would rock over 1.5 foot at a time!

Can't wait to see how you all fit in one cabin! Cozy! :crowded:

It was really ok in the cabin- unless you minded certain people sawwing wood all night long....:rolleyes: Bt we figured that out.

Really, it was fine having 4 in the cabin except for a couple of times- like when we were unpacking or packing. Getting ready was fine because some of us always went to the spa to shower, we actually preferred it, and then we also got to use all that lovely spa stuff to shower with! :thumbsup2 But we were in the cabin so little, 4 was fine-

Although, I think 3 next year will be better. :)

And we had a wave pool on our cruise ;last summer- the Explorer REALLY cooks on the 2 sea days back to NJ from Puerto Rico. We thought it was a lot of fun, and pretty funny!:laughing:

OMG, the food looks so tasty! I would be in there all day!

I thought this buffet was very good- even if I am not a big buffet fan. The asparagus, lamb chops, and crab claws were my favorites.

the gym.. not in my vocabulary LMAO

I love that you guys are making all kinds of friends with the CM's

Oh yes we do! You will too!:banana:

cant wait

Me too!!!!! :banana:

EEP! I don't know what to get rid of in that post... :scared1: but really I just wanted to quote him saying: Personal Friends of cap. Jack Sparrow! I am SOOO wearing a Jack shirt the day we board for the Hawaii Cruise *my mom and I* LOVING this thread!!! More please!popcorn::

YES!!! Definitely wear a JAck shirt!! And lucky you- going on one of the Hawaii cruises! :thumbsup2 We leave one month from TODAY for Hawaii- I am BEYOND excited!!!!

Wow! The food at Cabanas looks awesome for a buffet! Ours on the Wonder last year kind of stunk. :mad: I wonder if they have stepped it up, or if it's just because it's the Dream? :confused3

Wondering what the first impression of those virgins was? Anybody? Anybody? Ferris Bueller?

I agree- BUELLER??? BUELLER??? JOAN??? CAMMIE???? BEULLER?????

Ellen I'm loving you & the gals report!!!

It is making me want to go on a cruise! Hannah just turned 16 on this past Saturday & instead of a "Sweet 16 Party" which she wouldn't enjoyed we are taking her to Disney for a week!! A happy 16th bithday to her & to me!Hop

Hope all is well with you & your family, especially after the first day bus ride!!! I didn't send Hannah the next day, she was so happy! She has an iphone, & i heard on the news the day before to shut off all the navigation stuff to conserver the battery. It is back on now, so it you ever want to know whats going on, I can find the bus!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing about more of your trip!!

Terri
Hannah's Mom from TCI

Happy Birthday to Hannah and GREAT choice on the celebration!! :dance3:

Hey- it looks like we have a new bus- back to GAT, huh? They came at 7:37 this morning- good thing we were almost ready, that was about 10 minutes earlier than the other company! Great to know about Hannah and her navigation- very helpful, thanks!

Love the picture you posted from the adult pool with all the brown chairs that was by the hot tub. That corner is where we spent a lot of time while on our cruise in March - thanks for the memories. And the big round chair was Julie's chair. (Julie who is also going on the NYE cruise). She just loved sitting in it.

The adult area was soooo nice and REALLY big- much bigger than on Explorer last year. I just wish it had been a little cooler.....were you hot on your cruise?

Love the food pics! I wouldn't leave that dessert stand!

Well, eventually you would have to....:upsidedow

I just had dinner and your pictures make me HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the update - the photos are awesome and bring back so many fond memories, let alone add to our excitement of being there in 42 days.

Cabanas looks awesome - we have never been on sailaway day (we always went to Enchanted Garden), maybe we should give it a try in August. And I am impressed by your in room gifts - you have some mighty fine friends. ;)

Our vacations are quickly approaching!! I just LOVE August!!!! :yay:

I thought Cabanas did a very good job- I much preferred it over the last buffet on the Magic-

Loving the report! :cool1:

Thanks Myst! And thanks for playing Addictive Disney Animals with me on FB!! :rotfl:

I was waaaaaay behind-back on arrival day! :scared:

:hyper: you are on the ship!!!! I bet the newbies were in awe! I've heard so many mixed reviews of the Quiet Cove, I really wonder if they will change it up somehow during the first dry dock.

My personal vote would be for air holes to get some kind of a breeze going up there- I was cooler on deck on the Explorer in August than I was on the Dream in May- and that's just plain wrong. It IS a lovely dedicated to adults space, though- TONS of adult only area, and VERY nice furniture, too-my guess would be they would at LEAST add additional misters or water somehow up there. I know they did on the Fantasy.

That food looked awesome !!!I am soooooo hoping for the Free Cruise next May !!!!!!

I'm hoping for a cruise for you too, Rosie!

OOOOOOHHHHH! I love those chocolate chip cookies. And the wraps were really good too.

:thumbsup2 I'll have to remember that for next time-

Soooo.....we left Cabanas in search of- the Quiet Cove. Except...

we were lost. We needed a tour guide. So then we got him-

451.jpg

He was very sweet, rather than just say make a left, 2 rights, and run past the 666 deck until you find it, he said, "Let me take you there!"

We were happy to follow-

452.jpg

453.jpg

ALMOST a hidden Mickey-

454.jpg

455.jpg

456.jpg

He said, this is all adults, and hardly anyone ever comes up here- you will really enjoy having this deck to yourselves!

Well, ok- thanks! :thumbsup2

I peaked in the Concierge area too-

457.jpg

The whole cruise we only ever saw this area used by ONE person. ONE. If it was hot on the Quiet Cove deck, you can bet it was even hotter behind the plexiglass of the concierge area.

We made good use of this shower on our sea day-

462.jpg

Kara was just as excited to see next year's ride!

463.jpg

Looking down into Vibe- my boys are going to LOVE it there!

468.jpg

469.jpg

I think on the Fantasy this is actually a water feature-

470.jpg

But for us, it was a relaxing place to hang out. Aaaahhhhhh......

471.jpg

Something was missing....I bet Drea can guess what!

click to play-

474.jpg

It was made by a DAZZLING and charasmatic bartender, who took his own picture for us (and we didn't even have to ask once, LOL!)

475.jpg

It was a yummy milkshake type of drink- reminded me of a Bushwacker. What did he call it, Kara?

476.jpg

We hung out for a little while longer, until it was time for Muster.

And you know what THAT means.

Newbie Initiation!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: All first timers ON DECK!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

He was very sweet, rather than just say make a left, 2 rights, and run past the 666 deck until you find it, he said, "Let me take you there!"

And run past the 666 deck we did... a LOT!

ALMOST a hidden Mickey-

454.jpg

It started to look more and more like a hidden Mickey after a couple DOTDs!!!!

463.jpg

VERY excited for this cruise next year!!!! Next year will be THREE cruises!!! :cool1:

468.jpg

Except for Timmy.... who will be chillin with his main squeeze (although there better be NO squeezing happening!!!!)

Aw man, I gave it away in the video!!!!

474.jpg

It was made by a DAZZLING and charasmatic bartender, who took his own picture for us (and we didn't even have to ask once, LOL!)

475.jpg

Selami!!!! LOVED him!!! And it was called a "this is a special drink for two hot DISmoms" or at least thats what I HEARD in my own head.....

476.jpg

Newbie Initiation!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: All first timers ON DECK!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

Muster is very serious and we shall not mock it. At all. It's very important that people who have never cruised before are prepared. Well prepared. Even OVER prepared..... :rotfl2:

Muster is very serious and we shall not mock it. At all. It's very important that people who have never cruised before are prepared. Well prepared. Even OVER prepared..... :rotfl2:

Exactly. We shall NOT mock it. But newbies can never be TOO or even OVER prepared! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Well, maybe over.....

Hey! I just got a new fisheye lens- SO COOL!! Can't wait to try it out in Hawaii!!!!

002.jpg

008.jpg

My cruise is 529 days and 5hours away but who is counting. Lol

Not to worry in the meantime I will be testing wines on a regular basis....just to be prepared u know.

From what I remember it was not hot on our cruise. We were there in March. The weather was really pretty good. We were a double dip at CC and the first day was absolutely perfect but the second day was really rough with winds. We didn't even think we would be able to get docked. But the captain did an excellent job and got us docked.

Looks like you are having a wonderful day so far on the cruise. Can't wait to see how dinner went.

we were lost. We needed a tour guide. So then we got him-
someone needs to take him to the spa and get the hector the connector waxed

He said, this is all adults, and hardly anyone ever comes up here- you will really enjoy having this deck to yourselves!
SWEET DEAL!

The whole cruise we only ever saw this area used by ONE person. ONE. If it was hot on the Quiet Cove deck, you can bet it was even hotter behind the plexiglass of the concierge area.
what pay all that money for the perks and not take advantage of them, crazyness

We made good use of this shower on our sea day-
Im afraid to ask :eek:

I would be too and 3 next year.. living the dream, well just call you Robin Leach.. lifestyles of the rich and famous excuse me while I go curse your name :lmao:

Especially with their harem and main non squeezable squeeze

I think on the Fantasy this is actually a water feature-
but then your drink would be watered down??? oh wait YOU DONT HAVE ONE

you know I spot that stuff a mile away.:sad2:

NICE

OMG I cant wait.. I have thoughts and I can only imagine LOL

Exactly. We shall NOT mock it. But newbies can never be TOO or even OVER prepared! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
oh this sounds even better

Hey! I just got a new fisheye lens- SO COOL!! Can't wait to try it out in Hawaii!!!!
oh how neat! cant wait to see those pics cute house too!

Not to worry in the meantime I will be testing wines on a regular basis....just to be prepared u know.
Dedication and Training right there!!!!!

Getting caught up on all the TR's today, I really want to go on the Dream! It seems like such a beautiful ship! That Quiet cove pool area looks so pretty, i can see how it would be hot though, doesn't seem to be much in the way of shade, same with the concierge area. But they both have nice seating.

That drink looks like one that is one of my faves called a BBC. (A pina colada with Banana and Baileys) I like fruity and frozen type drinks on vacation and LOVE that drink on a cruise.

Dedication and Training right there!!!!!

he whole cruise we only ever saw this area used by ONE person. ONE. If it was hot on the Quiet Cove deck, you can bet it was even hotter behind the plexiglass of the concierge area.
what pay all that money for the perks and not take advantage of them, crazyness

I would be too and 3 next year.. living the dream, well just call you Robin Leach.. lifestyles of the rich and famous excuse me while I go curse your name

Especially with their harem and main non squeezable squeeze

Love the "main non squeezable squeeze!" :rotfl2:

And curse me all you like, cause I'm CRUISING!!!! :goodvibes

The problem with that forward adult deck is that they had this ginormous plexiglass wall built up around the front of the ship - I guess so we couldn't all do the Jack and Rose pose - but it didn't allow ANY breeze to come through. Even on sea day when we were cruising (of course, just going to the Bahamas we were cruising at like 3 knots some times, felt like we were standing still), it was hot hot hot!!!! Absolutely no air flow. Really really weird.

I'm not counting, but Ellen and I only have 528 days and 7 hours until our inlaws cruise. Wait, are you on that Fantasy cruise with us? NYE 2013????

Well, maybe over.....

Fisheye! Fisheye! What movie is that from????

From what I remember it was not hot on our cruise. We were there in March. The weather was really pretty good. We were a double dip at CC and the first day was absolutely perfect but the second day was really rough with winds. We didn't even think we would be able to get docked. But the captain did an excellent job and got us docked.

Looks like you are having a wonderful day so far on the cruise. Can't wait to see how dinner went.

I don't think the air temps were that hot on our cruise? Maybe upper 80's? Heck after, this summer, anything below 95 and I'm feeling a bit chilly! :rotfl2: And our seas were like glass so there was no breeze AT ALL!

Getting caught up on all the TR's today, I really want to go on the Dream! It seems like such a beautiful ship! That Quiet cove pool area looks so pretty, i can see how it would be hot though, doesn't seem to be much in the way of shade, same with the concierge area. But they both have nice seating.

That drink looks like one that is one of my faves called a BBC. (A pina colada with Banana and Baileys) I like fruity and frozen type drinks on vacation and LOVE that drink on a cruise.

This ship is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! In a lot of ways I preferred the Magic, but there is no doubt that when Disney builds a ship, they make it beautiful and you instantly fall in love. That's why I'm so excited for the Fantasy! I'm hoping they incorporated all the good of the Dream and fixed a couple of the "issues" that we noticed..... I guess I need to head over to Germany next time and set them straight? :confused3

Dah Dah Dah Dah - I can just see it coming. :lmao: I hope there's a video!

Crazy that with all the planning and experience, they would have a design on the Dream that would keep it so hot and breeze-less. It seems like the Dream would be well suited for an Alaska cruise. I wonder if the Fantasy is the same way? :confused3

I am loving your TR so far! We will be on the Dream in Feb, so I'm trying to read all I can about it. You ladies are a hoot! Thanks for the laughs! You will make the time pass a little faster.....

I am indeed on the NYE cruise for 2013-2014....It is also my 45th birthday as the ship leaves on my birthday. BUT unfortunately I am on the DREAM that sails on the 29th....there is some Debate though about changing over to the Fantasy. I will be in WDW 2 days before and 4 days after our cruise.

I will post a picture of my newest order that came in yesterday of wine...if I can figure out how.....Of course just for research.;)

I am indeed on the NYE cruise for 2013-2014....It is also my 45th birthday as the ship leaves on my birthday. BUT unfortunately I am on the DREAM that sails on the 29th....there is some Debate though about changing over to the Fantasy. I will be in WDW 2 days before and 4 days after our cruise.

I will post a picture of my newest order that came in yesterday of wine...if I can figure out how.....Of course just for research.;)

Well, not that I really get a vote, but I say YOU'VE GOT TO SWITCH! Someone has to verify all of the crazy adventures these gals get up to ... or perhaps, someone has to commiserate with their DHs!!

And FWIW, gotta say how much I love Tokyo.

Ooooh I am longing for the ship!!!

I did tour the Vibe last summer......very cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter