DISer chapter of NKOTB anonymous, part 3... still goin' strong!

My sister invited me to go to the concert with her & some friends. I know I've heard many of the songs, but I don't know how familiar I actually am with any of them. Which songs/albums do I need to download before the show to re familiarize myself with them?

My sister invited me to go to the concert with her & some friends. I know I've heard many of the songs, but I don't know how familiar I actually am with any of them. Which songs/albums do I need to download before the show to re familiarize myself with them?

If you download the greatest hits, The Block, and 10 (which comes out in April), that should give you most of what you need. Have fun!!!

Well, of course they added an Indy show after I bought second row for Cincinnati! I was actually secretly hoping they would so I could go to two shows! Of course my husband isn't thrilled, but I am :-). I'll be trying for Indy tix this week and hoping for good ones since I can't spend extra on a reseller this time!

So did everyone hear the news about the 10 album deluxe set? http://nkotb.com/news/130381

I'm going to hope for that, for the DVD! I don't understand the girls ordering from iTunes when we know this is coming out...I guess just to get "We Own the Night" early? I'm sorry, but those boys milk us for all we're worth!

My sister and I are going to the Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale shows (as well as the two Toronto shows and Buffalo)...we are throwing a bit of Disney in there prior to the shows...our two favourite things...NKOTB and Disney. Can't WAIT until June. :yay::yay::yay:

Hey girls! I'm heading to Boston today for the record release at the Orpheum! I bought tickets having no idea what is going to happen! Jordan tweeted some laughs, some singing and some q&a. I'll let you guys know what happens!

We will be stopping by Wahlburgers for a little pre party! We were already planning to go there and last they announced a pre party. They have 5 special "adult" frappes. I'll be ordering the Jordan!

This is why I'm a Blockhead. I'm happy to say I played a part in this "little" surprise that went down last night. Also happy to say that I "get it!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtftVitQZhU

So, how was it in person Elena?! We need Details! :)

Have all of you preordered the deluxe 10 album? I did! I love that they let us download the entire album right away and the book download was nice too!

I think Survive You is my favorite song from the album. I also like Crash. Most of them, really! Those boys reallly know how to sell the albums though. I had to preorder on itunes for the Block Party bonus track, had to get the deluxe one for the Fenway dvd, and going to have to buy the cd at Target for those two bonus tracks. Sheesh.

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter! I'm so giddy with the goings on last night. It makes me even more excited for the two shows I'm going to this summer! :yay:

This is why I'm a Blockhead. I'm happy to say I played a part in this "little" surprise that went down last night. Also happy to say that I "get it!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtftVitQZhU

So, how was it in person Elena?! We need Details! :)

Have all of you preordered the deluxe 10 album? I did! I love that they let us download the entire album right away and the book download was nice too!

I think Survive You is my favorite song from the album. I also like Crash. Most of them, really! Those boys reallly know how to sell the albums though. I had to preorder on itunes for the Block Party bonus track, had to get the deluxe one for the Fenway dvd, and going to have to buy the cd at Target for those two bonus tracks. Sheesh.

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter! I'm so giddy with the goings on last night. It makes me even more excited for the two shows I'm going to this summer! :yay:

Soooooo tired and I have school today! I'll be back tonight for a full review!!

I'm having the same cd dilemma! Bought iTunes preorder, then deluxe, now I have to go to target tomorrow for that one! Yikes!

One short bit.....Jon Knight sang his solo part on We Own Tonight with little to no hesitation! Love him!

Ok, finally! Here are some details...

We had already decided to go to Wahlburgers and then they announced the pre release party party. We were so excited! We saw Paul outside but we were too chicken to ask for a picture. Still mad at myself for that! We had a great meal at Wahlburgers. Of course we both ordered the Jordan shake. Chocolate ice cream and cake vodka. Yum!!

We stopped by out hotel and discovered that the door that separates the rooms did not lock from the other side. We could get into the room next to us! :eek: We looked around and saw Vera Bradley bags so we assumed it was a bunch of girls and we were right....Block heads!

So now for the show.....

Oh man, I can't say enough about it! I had the opportunity to buy tickets in row G and sell our row S seats and I didn't, but I should have!

The show started with a video intro that I am sure you have all seen by now. Then they played the lyric video of Whisper. Wow, I love that song! It will make a GREAT concert song! I think they also sang Crash in there at some point.

Then they sat in director's chairs and talked about their comeback. My favorite thing of the night was when Donnie said that in between The Block and 10 Joey made some solo songs, Jordan made some solo songs, Donnie made some solo songs, Danny even made some solo music and Jon....he gardened and lanscaped! I love Jon!

They brought out Rob Lewis for We Own Tonight and Jon sang his solo part with little hesitation! Yay! I love when he sings!

They then brought the whole band out and sang some old songs.

After that they brought the fans up to present the ad. While I didn't know about it, I loved it! Jon cried and they all seemed genuinely happy and thankful! Joe then broke out into 5 brothers and a million sisters.

They sang a few more old songs and said good night. No one left and everyone was screaming so Donnie came back on stage and said he was calling an audible and the band came back out and the guys sang one last song. Some people left when Donnie said goodnight so we were able to move up.

There was SOOOOO much confetti that at times I couldn't see the stage through the confetti! Also there was a SUPER classy drunk girl next to us that kept needing to get up. I did not love that!

All in all it was an AWESOME show and reignited my love for NKOTB. I think a coworker is going to brave the NKOTB show in Orlando with me. I hope I don't freak her out with my screaming!

And I know I am out of the loop but did anyone see on twitter that Kimmy Gibbler is a HUGE NKOTB fan? How funny!

Ok, finally! Here are some details...

We had already decided to go to Wahlburgers and then they announced the pre release party party. We were so excited! We saw Paul outside but we were too chicken to ask for a picture. Still mad at myself for that! We had a great meal at Wahlburgers. Of course we both ordered the Jordan shake. Chocolate ice cream and cake vodka. Yum!!

We stopped by out hotel and discovered that the door that separates the rooms did not lock from the other side. We could get into the room next to us! :eek: We looked around and saw Vera Bradley bags so we assumed it was a bunch of girls and we were right....Block heads!

So now for the show.....

Oh man, I can't say enough about it! I had the opportunity to buy tickets in row G and sell our row S seats and I didn't, but I should have!

The show started with a video intro that I am sure you have all seen by now. Then they played the lyric video of Whisper. Wow, I love that song! It will make a GREAT concert song! I think they also sang Crash in there at some point.

Then they sat in director's chairs and talked about their comeback. My favorite thing of the night was when Donnie said that in between The Block and 10 Joey made some solo songs, Jordan made some solo songs, Donnie made some solo songs, Danny even made some solo music and Jon....he gardened and lanscaped! I love Jon!

They brought out Rob Lewis for We Own Tonight and Jon sang his solo part with little hesitation! Yay! I love when he sings!

They then brought the whole band out and sang some old songs.

After that they brought the fans up to present the ad. While I didn't know about it, I loved it! Jon cried and they all seemed genuinely happy and thankful! Joe then broke out into 5 brothers and a million sisters.

They sang a few more old songs and said good night. No one left and everyone was screaming so Donnie came back on stage and said he was calling an audible and the band came back out and the guys sang one last song. Some people left when Donnie said goodnight so we were able to move up.

There was SOOOOO much confetti that at times I couldn't see the stage through the confetti! Also there was a SUPER classy drunk girl next to us that kept needing to get up. I did not love that!

All in all it was an AWESOME show and reignited my love for NKOTB. I think a coworker is going to brave the NKOTB show in Orlando with me. I hope I don't freak her out with my screaming!

And I know I am out of the loop but did anyone see on twitter that Kimmy Gibbler is a HUGE NKOTB fan? How funny!

It was such a fun night! I wish I had checked the thread and realized a fellow DISer was going to be there.

The awesome show made me want to go to multiple shows this summer. I swear, I need to hand my credit card over to someone responsible when New Kids touring season comes around!

Thanks for the details Elena! Glad it was great! :-) So, how is everyone liking 10? Not many opinions on here about it!

I said it about The Remix and I'll say it again. The songs remind me of something the Wanted would sing. Not feeling it too much yet. I think I liked the Block better. Maybe because that came with the excitement of the reunion announcement. I do like Remix, We Own Tonight, and Block Party. I can see them opening with that.

So...who is going to see NKOTB this summer? My sister and I are going to the Philly show on June 15 (soon!) and we are going to Mixtape Festival again this year in Hershey. NKOTB is closing out the weekend.

I think something must be wrong with me. I wasn't even tempted to get tickets. I still love the boys and all but I think front row ruined it for me and I just can't go see them again because it'll never be as good as the first two times I saw them. :sad2:

I did however get Maroon 5 tickets for Aug in Camden! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Ohhhhhh Adam, I'm coming for you!

I don't get crazy excited like I used to. I still love them but the novelty of the reunion has worn off. I'm more excited to see the Wanted in August. (Yes I'm going to see the Wanted and no I'm not embarrassed that I will probably be the oldest person there lol). MixTape will be a blast though. We're going both days this year!

I miss you Shelby!!!

I'm going to the June 2nd show in Boston. I agree with you guys about the level of excitement not being as high this time. I still, and will always love them, and am happy they have been so successful this time around, but the newness is gone.

I'm going to Boston because my best friend lives there, and I haven't been out there to visit since 2008. I'm almost more excited about going to Wahlburger's for dinner than going to the concert. We got 4* VIP, so at least we'll have non-nosebleed seats. I'm just excited for a child and husband free girls weekend, and the concert is just an added bonus!

They are performing in WI in July, and I'm not even going to that one.

Oh, and Shelby super jealous about Maroon 5! Maroon 5 and Kelly Clarkson are my two favorite non-NKOTB artists, and to see them together would be amazing. I might still cave and get tickets for that one if I can get good enough seats. My husband man-crushes on Adam Levine too! ;-)

I miss you Shelby!!!

I miss you too!!!::yes:: The Wanted will be fun!!! You won't be the oldest person there!! :rotfl2:

Oh, and Shelby super jealous about Maroon 5! Maroon 5 and Kelly Clarkson are my two favorite non-NKOTB artists, and to see them together would be amazing. I might still cave and get tickets for that one if I can get good enough seats. My husband man-crushes on Adam Levine too! ;-)

:lmao::lmao: About your hubby!! Seriously, Adam is smokin' hot, I can't even stand it. Don't blame your hubby at all. :rotfl:

I'm really excited because it's at a pretty small venue so even though our seats aren't up front it still isn't THAT far away! :blush: You should go!!!! It has to be a GREAT show!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter