Disboutiquers Part 18 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made one, she is not in the hoop. She does come with a machine embroidery face file though :)

3859553453_78bbe2b49b.jpg

So cute!!! I thought about making those dolls last year for Christmas presents for the grandgirls. Maybe this year!

Question for those of you who does machine embroidery... do you use any kind of adhesive to hole your applique fabric down/flat? I have just been laying on top of the T-shirt/fabric and then let the machine tack it down.....I don't have that problem when I do hand applique since I usually use Heat and Bond Lite...thanks!

I use spray on sometimes, fabric glue sticks sometimes and nothing other times!

I missed the move!! Hey page 6 isn't bad!

Here is the Halloween skirt I finished for Kaedyn today. Another bad picture, but oh well!!

Kaedynsnewskirt.jpg

Cute!

We're big George fans here too.... Thought I'd share one of my first dresses offered for sale. You can tell by the age of my daughter that it's been a while.... I bought TONS and TONS of that fabric at Wal-Mart for $4 a yard. Now it goes for a premium price on resale.....

cgfl2.jpg

So very cute!

Thanks Shannon.... I think it was 2003.... What a great model she has been right from the start....... and what priceless photos have I accumulated!

Before I get back to the costume sewing, I thought I'd post my belated castle pics:

castleragsresize.jpg

castlefgresize.jpg

This was from our second night at the Halloween party.... the one my husband and teenage son refused to attend with us..... hmmmm..... can't imagine WHY!!!!!!

I love that outfit!! Your DD was and is still so cute!!

....I will post pics pics of my Cars outfits (finally!).

I've had a hectic time the last couple of weeks. DH is out of the country so I have to all the yard work (which I guess I usually do anyway) and housework and everything kid related. I have kidney stones (so we hope b/c if it's not stones it's bladder cancer -- have some very intermittent back pain though so hopefully kidney stones). And yesterday I had to fork over $4,400 for a new furnace for our lower level -- yes, this was the same day I had to make our final payment to Disney. And why oh why does Halloween have to come along and interrupt my regular scheduled Disney sewing?

Anyhoo, here are the Cars oufits for DHS -- and sorry for the crappy photos. I really should try to do them with the clothes layed out on the floor so you can see the skirt portion of the dress better and the bow is impossible to make look decent without being tied around a real waist (it's Carla's bow pattern and it makes the prettiest bow -- just bad photos and tieing without a model).

Front of dress (Simply Sweet bodice with my own made up stripwork skirt) and Bowling Shirt:
PA230029.jpg

Back View:
PA230032.jpg

Lightning McQueen close up (this is painted -- I tried appliqueing it initially and it was horrid):
PA230034.jpg

Out of focus hairbow: (edited to add it's upside down too!!!)
PA230035.jpg

Better view of applique on bowling shirt: (so you can see the puckers in the fabric -- ugh!)
PA230033.jpg

And sorry for the uber large photos -- I try resizing them and nothing happens. You can also tell by the *ever so fabulous* quality of the photos why I want a new camera for our trip. Sadly I think I got a new furnace for Christmas instead:sad1:

Never can have too big of pictures!! I love the outfits, very cute! I am about to try my first bowling shirt!

It went ok; the staff were all fantastic. They hired me:goodvibes, so I guess that's good. All their staff is technically per diem, the positive to that being that I can take time off whenever I want, and choose my own schedule freely. (great for summer and winter vacation). The downside is no dependable income, although the nurses I talked to today all said they are working every single shift they're available, and they (the company) are still asking for more. It's private duty for medically fragile children, and in my case, because I have pediatric hospice experience, they're excited for me to work with families in that situation. So emotionally draining, but incredibly rewarding work, doing something I really believe in, but not having to be on call which was my big issue with returning to Hospice. I actually have a second interview on Monday, too with a small home health agency; figures, I've been looking for work for 3 months and suddenly opportunities are opening up. I'm just praying that I make the right choice. The good thing is that the minimum for the agency that hired me today is only one shift per month, so even if I took another job I could still work for them, too...but then I'd lose the ability to have a consistent family to work with.

Congrats! And lots to think about!! The job sounds great with some flexiblity!! Good luck on monday!

Ugh - I didnt make it till page 7????

I got my PED Basic today!!!

How long does it usually take for designs to be emailed to you from Heather and Claire? I cant wait!! This is my first time to do this, any tips?

Yay!! I have always gotten them quickly from both! Claire is in England, so usually I get hers when I get up in the morning!

So I'm down to my last 6 or 7 costumes.... and Katie's Halloween costume is all done..... and it dawns on us she's supposed to dress up as her favorite saint for Sunday School this week..... their version of putting the All Saints part back into Halloween........

Last year I made her a little khaki colored cloak and she went as St. Francis of Assissi, carrying along several stuffed animals.......

Making a new costume is clearly not going to happen, so we just need to throw something together....

Any ideas on how to dress as a saint??????????????

Awww, I remember trying to find a "saints" costume when the kids were in school! I see you have gotten some great advice!

So what are your kids going to be? Everyone else too.... Now that I'm on the down side of the costume making (within a few days of being done with Halloween!!!!) I can actually think about the holiday without having an absolute panic attack.... and I'm getting kind of excited!

Katie's going to be a purple and black witch. I'm hoping to take some pics tomorrow to share. I've actually not even seen it on her, so I'm excited to see too!

Well, my grandgirls are going to be.... recycle girl, kitty, the bowler, minnie mouse, Pocahontas, Kiki of kiki's delivery service and gigi the cat, which is kiki's best friend. Now the kiki is a purple & black good witch (its an old movie from the 80's from the same guy who did ponyo) that we made last week. It turned out cute, but its long sleeves and the weather is suppose to be hot next friday for the halloween party. So I will be making a poodle skirt and bowling shirts for Miss Kadie & Miss Molly this week. And here I thought I was finished with Halloween early!! I got the fabric tonight and will be cutting out tomorrow!

Here is a picture of the grandgirls last week at Disneyland in their costumes for Mickeys not so scary halloween party!
DSC_0088.jpg

Okay, after a bunch of times of editing, I think I have an image of the grand girls! :headache:

Yes Teresa...I think I did break the Disboards last night. I went to log in and bam....they shut down! So this is my excuse for why I signing in on page 9 or is it 10 now? :rotfl2:

Love all the castle pictures. I've been taking care of sick kids for nearly 3 weeks now, but it looks like FINALLY all will be healthy for our trip Tuesday...thank goodness. :yay:

SO last night I finally got around to trying out my mother-in-law's embroidery machine she lent me. It's a Janome MC 10000. ALL I did was sew a few straight seams when it started having issues. :sad2: It keeps pulling the fabric down into the machine and knotting up the bobbin thread on the underneath side. Then the needle will bounce up and down very quickly and stop.

Any ideas?? I know she hadn't used it in several years. I'm wondering if this is something I can figure out or if it will have to go to a shop.
HI! I have this machine too! I love it :lovestruc
I could be that you need to take it in but before you do I always do the following....
1. New needle - I use the blue tipped ones for most sewing.
2. Watch tension adjustment
3. There is a dial up on top of the machine on the left with a 1, 2, or 3. For regular sewing I think its supposed to be a 2 or 3.
4. The machine works best with plastic bobbins. They spin faster. Are you using those kind?
5. I also clean out the bobbin case...there are directions at the back of the manual. I think you can download teh manual from the website Janome.com if you dont have it.

If none of this works, it may just need to be cleaned professionally. I hope you get it working and love it as much as I love mine!!! :thumbsup2

So I'm down to my last 6 or 7 costumes.... and Katie's Halloween costume is all done..... and it dawns on us she's supposed to dress up as her favorite saint for Sunday School this week..... their version of putting the All Saints part back into Halloween........

Last year I made her a little khaki colored cloak and she went as St. Francis of Assissi, carrying along several stuffed animals.......

Making a new costume is clearly not going to happen, so we just need to throw something together....

Any ideas on how to dress as a saint??????????????

Are you sure it is this Sunday? All Saints Day is November 1st.

(Just thought I would mention that so you would have a little more time if you need it)

Great ideas for the costumes so far. . .

Deyki's mom, momto4+more has posted several pictures on her pre trip report. She had been having a rough few weeks and is catching up with all the big give packages and the kids birthdays and just cute pictures! I have enjoyed following along.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215192&page=17

She also would like to thank the proper people for sending a few items so if you sent something to this family please check in!

Here you go Jessica - lol!!
jessica3.jpg

And here we are...
wdwvacationframe.jpg

halloweenpartydisney.jpg

103_5283.jpg

Thanks Wendy for posting it! It is one of my favorite pictures EVER! I am still amazed at how you did that. It looks like Lin was in the picture the entire time!! I promise it is on my computer but so are literally atleast 10,000 other pictures!

You and Bill look so cute in all the photos! I always love your shirts! And especially when the whole big family is there!

Front of dress (Simply Sweet bodice with my own made up stripwork skirt) and Bowling Shirt:
th_PA230029.jpg

Out of focus hairbow: (edited to add it's upside down too!!!)
th_PA230035.jpg

And sorry for the uber large photos

These turned out soooo cute! I for one LOVE large photos!

3996993316_95436c776d.jpg

Poor thing started young with my camera in her face :rolleyes1

Adorable! I have one of those too, see the picture below!

Happy Birthday to Revrob! :cheer2:

Happy Birthday!!!

Ok, I now have a good picture!!! I was really proud of the fact that I actually completed something in just a few hours and I didn't even use a pattern! Kaedyn really liked it, so that makes me happy.

IMG_1453-1.jpg

IMG_1478-1.jpg

Hi Everyone!!

Does anyone know of a good PED basic tutorial? I cant find one!!

Also, this is dumb, but how do you get the fabric behind the embroidery stitches? Im not really sure what to do!!!

Thanks, Wendy

Wow, I barely made it!

Here is a picture of Megan and I in front of the castle:

100_2136.jpg

And I like this one:

100_2129.jpg

Do you see the northerners in shorts and short sleeves while we were freezing, lol! We had to buy this outfit there because of an accident on splash mountain. :rolleyes1 She was wearing a custom!

I just want to say how extremely jealous of all you! We are planning a trip to disney in May. It will be the first for my kids. As soon as I found out I started looking on eBay and etsy for outfits. I had no idea the disboards had this thread. I so wish I knew how to sew, so I could create my kids some of these fabulous outfits. You guys are really talented. I know on these threads you cannot buy or sell, but is there a list somewhere of everyone that does sell their creations? I love looking at this thread now that I found it. If someone could pm with names or a list, I would be so appreciative. Again, you all do really great work and I am green with envy!

Are you sure it is this Sunday? All Saints Day is November 1st.

(Just thought I would mention that so you would have a little more time if you need it)

Great ideas for the costumes so far. . .

Yes, it's actually a Halloween party they have scheduled for this weekend, but the kids have to dress as their favorite saint........

Here are a few pics from our trip in 2008 :)

2865849015_31bd2d5e53.jpg

Never give me a chance to post photos of my kids :confused3 I always go overboard :rotfl2:

Love these outfits.... need a close-up picture!

Here you go Jessica - lol!!
th_jessica3.jpg

And here we are...
th_wdwvacationframe.jpg

th_halloweenpartydisney.jpg

th_103_5283.jpg

Love the photos!!!!

Here is my castle contribution, can't believe that DD just turned 10. Boy time flies!!!

KSCN0010.jpg

So much to sew, I was up till 2am working on costumes. Today we are having a pre-cruise meet w/ a bunch of other folks from MD. Should be fun to meet the folks I've been chatting with for the last year and a half. I just realized I don't even know most of their first names :idea:

Hey no fair moving while I am riding TSM with Kristine!
Hey, no fair riding TSM with Kristine while we're moving! :snooty:

Question for those of you who does machine embroidery... do you use any kind of adhesive to hole your applique fabric down/flat? I have just been laying on top of the T-shirt/fabric and then let the machine tack it down.....I don't have that problem when I do hand applique since I usually use Heat and Bond Lite...thanks!
I used to use sulky spray adhesive to hold it down. But, once you get the hang of it, you can just hold it in place with your fingers. As Shannon said, it's much easier to do when you starch and iron the pieces before you tack them down.

That is so precious!

I love these! I also love that you brought a costume change!

I've had a hectic time the last couple of weeks. DH is out of the country so I have to all the yard work (which I guess I usually do anyway) and housework and everything kid related. I have kidney stones (so we hope b/c if it's not stones it's bladder cancer -- have some very intermittent back pain though so hopefully kidney stones). And yesterday I had to fork over $4,400 for a new furnace for our lower level -- yes, this was the same day I had to make our final payment to Disney. And why oh why does Halloween have to come along and interrupt my regular scheduled Disney sewing?
th_PA230029.jpg
th_PA230034.jpg
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t210/andie1s/th_PA230035.jpg[/IMG
[/QUOTE]
I'll pray that it's "just" kidney stones. :hug:

The outfits look wonderful!! GREAT job!!

[quote="billwendy, post: 34059842"]

How long does it usually take for designs to be emailed to you from Heather and Claire? I cant wait!! This is my first time to do this, any tips?[/QUOTE]
It took me 4 hours because you ordered at 7:00pm on pizza night! :rotfl: I try to guarantee that my designs will be there within 24 hours. But, it's usually MUCH faster than that- within an hour or two. But, it all depends on whether I'm sleeping, or out of the house, or whatever.

[quote="billwendy, post: 34060119"]

[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/wendya2J/th_wdwvacationframe.jpg
th_halloweenpartydisney.jpg
th_103_5283.jpg
I LOVE your pictures! Bill's "40 ears" shirt is great!!

Hey, I recognize that skirt!

So what are your kids going to be? Everyone else too.... Now that I'm on the down side of the costume making (within a few days of being done with Halloween!!!!) I can actually think about the holiday without having an absolute panic attack.... and I'm getting kind of excited!
Sawyer wants to be a killer whale and Tessa wants to be a cheetah webkinz. However, I haven't started either costume. I just bought the fabric for Sawyer's, but I couldn't find any stretchy type Cheetah fabric. I'm making easy fits and Carla's hooded raglan shirt, so I need something stretchy. Yikes! She's pretty easy going, so we may switch to some other kind of animal at the last minute.

Nope! I would use the precious dress as/is, without the collar and then put a simply sweet over it (without elastic in the sleeves). I don't know how you'd modify it to have a high neckline. Sorry!

Well, I didn't make it to far in the post. lol
I've been busy with my baby boy who has the FLU!
So know my mom (NaeNae) has both girls for the weekend! I think she will be ready to get rid of them on Sunday!lol
Did I mention that this weekend had to be a busy one and I'm stuck at home with a sick 17mos old. All he does is whimper and looks so sad.
So I guess I need to be thinking of outfits for our trip to the world in December!!!!
Aww...I'm sorry he's sick. :hug: I hope he gets better real soon! :hug: for his mommy, too.

What a bunch of cutie pies!!!

That turned out SO cute!!

Hi Everyone!!

Does anyone know of a good PED basic tutorial? I cant find one!!

Also, this is dumb, but how do you get the fabric behind the embroidery stitches? Im not really sure what to do!!!

Thanks, Wendy
I don't know of a good PED tutorial. But, here's the link to the machine embroidery video tutorial on SWAK again:
http://swakembroidery.com/swak-101.htm#cnxSiteTop

I love the picture of the two of you together! That is so sweet!

I just want to say how extremely jealous of all you! We are planning a trip to disney in May. It will be the first for my kids. As soon as I found out I started looking on eBay and etsy for outfits. I had no idea the disboards had this thread. I so wish I knew how to sew, so I could create my kids some of these fabulous outfits. You guys are really talented. I know on these threads you cannot buy or sell, but is there a list somewhere of everyone that does sell their creations? I love looking at this thread now that I found it. If someone could pm with names or a list, I would be so appreciative. Again, you all do really great work and I am green with envy!
:welcome:!! You can easily learn to sew before May!! Give it a shot, you may surprise yourself! I couldn't sew when I found this thread 2 years ago, and neither could many of the other people on here!

Yes you can applique on fleece. I have done it for my boys and others several times. I would say put the mascot on the snuggie, or you can do Ole Miss in embroidery or applique letters. You could put ROTC in Ole Miss colors also. (Yes, I have made my share of snuggies. We live in Tuscaloosa, Alabama though so ours usually include houndstooth, an elephant, or UA. I will say my sons' preschool afternoon helpers at school love the snuggies.) Another suggestion would be to use a blue zipper for your snuggie to incorporate the colors in there too. Either way your daughter will love it!

Dawn

Dawn.....do you have any suggestions were I can find some clip art of Colonel Reb? I looked last night on the internet and couldn't find anything. My last ditch resort will be to buy a Ole Miss flag and trace Colonel Reb.

thanks for the help!!!

And PS.....I was kind of hoping my daughter would have been a War Eagle instead, but we can't win them all!

It looks GREAT!!!!

So cute!!!

Thank you.

Super duper cute!

Thanks.

I missed the move!! Hey page 6 isn't bad!

Here is the Halloween skirt I finished for Kaedyn today. Another bad picture, but oh well!!

Kaedynsnewskirt.jpg

Really cute.

We're big George fans here too.... Thought I'd share one of my first dresses offered for sale. You can tell by the age of my daughter that it's been a while.... I bought TONS and TONS of that fabric at Wal-Mart for $4 a yard. Now it goes for a premium price on resale.....

cgfl2.jpg

Love it. :lovestruc

PA230029.jpg

Lightning McQueen close up (this is painted -- I tried appliqueing it initially and it was horrid):
PA230034.jpg

Love it. So cool that you can paint if you don't like your applique skills. Sadly, I have to leave the painting to my mother. She is great at it, but did not manage to pass that skill on to me.

Wow! Very halloweeny and fun! I love it!

It went ok; the staff were all fantastic. They hired me:goodvibes, so I guess that's good. All their staff is technically per diem, the positive to that being that I can take time off whenever I want, and choose my own schedule freely. (great for summer and winter vacation). The downside is no dependable income, although the nurses I talked to today all said they are working every single shift they're available, and they (the company) are still asking for more. It's private duty for medically fragile children, and in my case, because I have pediatric hospice experience, they're excited for me to work with families in that situation. So emotionally draining, but incredibly rewarding work, doing something I really believe in, but not having to be on call which was my big issue with returning to Hospice. I actually have a second interview on Monday, too with a small home health agency; figures, I've been looking for work for 3 months and suddenly opportunities are opening up. I'm just praying that I make the right choice. The good thing is that the minimum for the agency that hired me today is only one shift per month, so even if I took another job I could still work for them, too...but then I'd lose the ability to have a consistent family to work with.

Thank you, and congratulations on the job. :cool1:

DSC_0088.jpg

Okay, after a bunch of times of editing, I think I have an image of the grand girls! :headache:

They all look great!!

I missed this response earlier and just caught it in someone elses post - I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! :banana::banana::banana:
That's great! I know you've been looking hard for a new job opportunity - I hope this is the turn for the best for you and your family to have the perfect opportunity for work!

:welcome:!! You can easily learn to sew before May!! Give it a shot, you may surprise yourself! I couldn't sew when I found this thread 2 years ago, and neither could many of the other people on here![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the welcome and encouragement. I actually had a conversation like that with my mother. I told her I wanted to learn to sew so I could make the kids clothes. Her reply, no you don't. I tried when you all were little to make you clothes and it is not worth it. I then said I thought it would be neat to learn and teach my daughter. Her reply, you don't have time. When would you? You don't even have a sewing machine. She made some legitimate points, but I would live to be able to make clothes like these. I wouldn't even know where to start though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter