Disboutiquers Part 18 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone still have the thread to the fabric swap that was going on and then shut down? Someone posted a story book dress on there and I was trying to remember how they put the pieces together. I am going to use CarlaC's Stripework Jumper pattern.

If anyone has any pictures of any they have done or can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

Question for those of you who does machine embroidery... do you use any kind of adhesive to hole your applique fabric down/flat? I have just been laying on top of the T-shirt/fabric and then let the machine tack it down.....I don't have that problem when I do hand applique since I usually use Heat and Bond Lite...thanks!

OK IM here six pages later. At least I check facebook to learn about the move. hahaha (thanks for that tip Teresa!)

Im tired and sick....again. But working on some tutu's. and maybe a minnie mouse costume.

Now going back to page one to catch up before i get lost in another move. hahaha

Hey, my post count is 1-2-3-4! hehehe

Hello! My name is Laura and I've been following along since the very first thread, with a handful of posts, but I hope to make a concerted effort to join in this time!

I don't sew, and I don't have any little kids, but I do make bows (and tiaras, clips, pendants and rings) with Polymer Clay! I often find inspiration from your creations!

In keeping with the castle theme, here is my son and I last December!
ry%3D400

Cute picture! Your bows are the best!

OMG!!! Page 3 again?!?!? LOSER! :(

Teresa beat me to it, but Jeanne's Lily kindly explaned to her mother the day what a loser was! Not a name you call someone but someone who just didn't win!

Next up is a skirt that I did over a month ago. It is the double layer stripwork that Leslie has the tutorial on her blog for. I had not posted it before because it was not for a little girl, it was for me.

I am on a committee for a Dessert Gala that we put on to raise money for the Canadian Cancer Society. Basically, one lady hosts table for 10, invites 9 of her friend and prepares dessert and decorates her table. There were 300 women this year. We have speakers, and entertainment and a Silent Auction table. (I contributed one of my Halloween Table runners, and a purse I made) Anyway, my table was a Halloween theme this year and I wanted to dress to match.

Thank you very much to Leslie for the Tutorial!!

And since we were chatting about NCIS in the last thread, my kids thought this was very Abby like, and wanted me to wear ponytails too. (like I could with my short hair :rolleyes:)

Super duper cute!

I knew I'd miss the move today! We're having a great time already. I drove over this morning and checked in at about ten and our room was ready yea! This is the first time for me using online checkin and I like having everything ready and waiting. I think the guard at the gate announced our arrival because after we self parked and walked to the front door the cm there asked if we were the Willits family as soon as we walked up, and the girls were greeted by name. We spent the morning swimming and now the teenagers (Marissa brought a friend) went for a walk while Im staying quiet so Rebecca can get a nap. We'll head over to MK after 4:00
Loved seeing the castle pics... When I get home I'll look for the one from Marissas first trip. It was in 1996 when it was in the process of being turned into that hideous pink cake for the 25 birthday.

I'm on facebook too. Is there a disgroup there? If so, can I play too?

Have a great Friday!

Make sure you friend me too!

Love all the castle pictures. I've been taking care of sick kids for nearly 3 weeks now, but it looks like FINALLY all will be healthy for our trip Tuesday...thank goodness. :yay:

SO last night I finally got around to trying out my mother-in-law's embroidery machine she lent me. It's a Janome MC 10000. ALL I did was sew a few straight seams when it started having issues. :sad2: It keeps pulling the fabric down into the machine and knotting up the bobbin thread on the underneath side. Then the needle will bounce up and down very quickly and stop.

Any ideas?? I know she hadn't used it in several years. I'm wondering if this is something I can figure out or if it will have to go to a shop.

My suggestion is similar. Usually when the machine eats something it is because there is alot of dust or threads in the bobbin area. Clean it out really really well and check for super tiny threads!

Here are a few pics from our trip in 2008 :)

2880214589_9cfc24078b.jpg

2865760209_75e01c2a6b.jpg

Look at Cam looking at Hook in this one ;) This was a neat moment for us. Captain hook stopped on his way to his character meeting spot to bring a flower to Gabi and the CM called our family over for a picture and let us be first in line. It was really cool :)

Never give me a chance to post photos of my kids :confused3 I always go overboard :rotfl2:

We love to many pictures!

I just purchased our tickets for MVMCP for the 18th of Dec. :santa: That is the last night for the party so it will probably be crowded but oh well we'll be there.:thumbsup2

Now to figure out customs. Any help or ideas will be appreciated.:confused3 I need them for DGD5, DGD3 and DGS1. We will be doing the Christmas Party, and all 4 parks.

Whoo hoo! I know I am way behind in answering the question but I would sew mainly christmas customs for the each day. Since others can be worn anytime but only Christmas during the season. I loved our Christmas outfits we wore last year even though we didn't really have any pictures with Christmas decorations.

Hey no fair moving while I am riding TSM with Kristine!;)

Tell Kristine hello! I don't think Dallas would be fond of two of his friends having fun without him!

Question for those of you who does machine embroidery... do you use any kind of adhesive to hole your applique fabric down/flat? I have just been laying on top of the T-shirt/fabric and then let the machine tack it down.....I don't have that problem when I do hand applique since I usually use Heat and Bond Lite...thanks!

I use sulky sticky back stablizer and then a basting stitch. I don't use sticky hardly ever but for machine on jeans I do! I don't think I could hoop jeans if I wanted to! But I usually have the seams in that area.

ACK...we moved. See that's what happens when I'm held hostage in training for 3 days. I'm so happy to be out. :cool1: So, I'm going to go try to get some cutting done since the kids are in bed and DH is hunting!

I just purchased our tickets for MVMCP for the 18th of Dec. :santa: That is the last night for the party so it will probably be crowded but oh well we'll be there.:thumbsup2

You know, we went to the last 2 parties last year, on the 16th and 18th of December. That Tuesday the 16th was a sell out. Then Thursday the 18th had much lighter traffic. My theory is that since they start doing the parade and shows during regular park hours the day AFTER the last party, people are inclined to just wait at that point and not pay the extra $$.... It was a great night and we LOVED it!

I missed the move!! Hey page 6 isn't bad!

Here is the Halloween skirt I finished for Kaedyn today. Another bad picture, but oh well!!

Kaedynsnewskirt.jpg

I think it turned out great! We are big Curious George fans here.

We're big George fans here too.... Thought I'd share one of my first dresses offered for sale. You can tell by the age of my daughter that it's been a while.... I bought TONS and TONS of that fabric at Wal-Mart for $4 a yard. Now it goes for a premium price on resale.....

cgfl2.jpg

Hey no fair moving while I am riding TSM with Kristine!;)

NO FAIR! NO FAIR! NO FAIR! Where's the somping feet smiley?

I don't use adhesive (or I try not to). I DO spray the fabric with lots of magic sizing and iron it real well. That little bit of crispness really seems to help it stay put while it's being tacked down.

You can hop in the car an join us ;)

I wanna come too! Oh, forgot, I CAN'T!

We're big George fans here too.... Thought I'd share one of my first dresses offered for sale. You can tell by the age of my daughter that it's been a while.... I bought TONS and TONS of that fabric at Wal-Mart for $4 a yard. Now it goes for a premium price on resale.....

cgfl2.jpg

THAT is ADORABLE! Wow, that was quite a while ago!

THAT is ADORABLE! Wow, that was quite a while ago!

Thanks Shannon.... I think it was 2003.... What a great model she has been right from the start....... and what priceless photos have I accumulated!

Before I get back to the costume sewing, I thought I'd post my belated castle pics:

castleragsresize.jpg

castlefgresize.jpg

This was from our second night at the Halloween party.... the one my husband and teenage son refused to attend with us..... hmmmm..... can't imagine WHY!!!!!!

....I will post pics pics of my Cars outfits (finally!).

I've had a hectic time the last couple of weeks. DH is out of the country so I have to all the yard work (which I guess I usually do anyway) and housework and everything kid related. I have kidney stones (so we hope b/c if it's not stones it's bladder cancer -- have some very intermittent back pain though so hopefully kidney stones). And yesterday I had to fork over $4,400 for a new furnace for our lower level -- yes, this was the same day I had to make our final payment to Disney. And why oh why does Halloween have to come along and interrupt my regular scheduled Disney sewing?

Anyhoo, here are the Cars oufits for DHS -- and sorry for the crappy photos. I really should try to do them with the clothes layed out on the floor so you can see the skirt portion of the dress better and the bow is impossible to make look decent without being tied around a real waist (it's Carla's bow pattern and it makes the prettiest bow -- just bad photos and tieing without a model).

Front of dress (Simply Sweet bodice with my own made up stripwork skirt) and Bowling Shirt:
PA230029.jpg

Back View:
PA230032.jpg

Lightning McQueen close up (this is painted -- I tried appliqueing it initially and it was horrid):
PA230034.jpg

Out of focus hairbow: (edited to add it's upside down too!!!)
PA230035.jpg

Better view of applique on bowling shirt: (so you can see the puckers in the fabric -- ugh!)
PA230033.jpg

And sorry for the uber large photos -- I try resizing them and nothing happens. You can also tell by the *ever so fabulous* quality of the photos why I want a new camera for our trip. Sadly I think I got a new furnace for Christmas instead:sad1:

Woo-hoo!! We're 18 and all growed up!

I'm going to post my favorite picture from our trip this month again- even though you can't see our matching customs and it's not in front of the castle!

disneyoctober158_640x480.jpg

I'll play the castle game and I'm on the second page! WOO HOO!!!

Here is Jenna. The castle IS behind her I promise.
S2010203-1.jpg

Hello! My name is Laura and I've been following along since the very first thread, with a handful of posts, but I hope to make a concerted effort to join in this time!

I don't sew, and I don't have any little kids, but I do make bows (and tiaras, clips, pendants and rings) with Polymer Clay! I often find inspiration from your creations!

In keeping with the castle theme, here is my son and I last December!
ry%3D400

Just wanted say hi, I'm lurking and looking for inspiration for the kids for our next trip. I don't have any customs, I barely mastered iron-ons, but
we have a plain clothes castle pic....
image1351.jpg

Great castle pics, everybody!!

Got a couple of new things to post. Got a Curious George Pyjama set done for the Grandson of my cleaning lady. I am really glad people keep asking me to make small sizes with this fabric. It is lasting longer that way.

Close up:

Of course, being my own biggest critic I wasn't too happy with it, but DH said it was great. I did not quite believe him, so I called in DS8 and said "OK, now tell me what is wrong with this." He cut me off saying "oh mom, that is AWESOME." Gotta love it when the kids are that encouraging.
That is honestly too, too cute!! Really great job!
Next up is a skirt that I did over a month ago. It is the double layer stripwork that Leslie has the tutorial on her blog for. I had not posted it before because it was not for a little girl, it was for me.

I am on a committee for a Dessert Gala that we put on to raise money for the Canadian Cancer Society. Basically, one lady hosts table for 10, invites 9 of her friend and prepares dessert and decorates her table. There were 300 women this year. We have speakers, and entertainment and a Silent Auction table. (I contributed one of my Halloween Table runners, and a purse I made) Anyway, my table was a Halloween theme this year and I wanted to dress to match.

Thank you very much to Leslie for the Tutorial!!

And since we were chatting about NCIS in the last thread, my kids thought this was very Abby like, and wanted me to wear ponytails too. (like I could with my short hair
Wow! Very halloweeny and fun! I love it!
Here are a few pics from our trip in 2008

2880214589_9cfc24078b.jpg

2865760209_75e01c2a6b.jpg

Look at Cam looking at Hook in this one This was a neat moment for us. Captain hook stopped on his way to his character meeting spot to bring a flower to Gabi and the CM called our family over for a picture and let us be first in line. It was really cool
2865728631_394cf8205a.jpg

2866661932_7c20f5d84e.jpg

2866652982_6de254c92b.jpg

2865849015_31bd2d5e53.jpg

Never give me a chance to post photos of my kids I always go overboard
You didn't go overboard, the pics are great!
Here are the Halloween costumes I made. Cara's was A LOT easier than Jenna's. Carla C vs. Simplicity.

Cara wanted to be a nurse:
a055.jpg

Jenna wanted to be Felicity in her blue Holiday gown: (don't mind the frown, I interupted her computer palying to have her try on the dress)
a058.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Awesome job!! We're watching Felicity (again) on DVD as I type.

I made one, she is not in the hoop. She does come with a machine embroidery face file though

3859553453_78bbe2b49b.jpg

Great pic, but what is your DD doing in the pic? I can't figure out if she's sticking her tongue out at something, or blowing a bubble?

How did it go? Four hours is a LONG job interview!
It went ok; the staff were all fantastic. They hired me:goodvibes, so I guess that's good. All their staff is technically per diem, the positive to that being that I can take time off whenever I want, and choose my own schedule freely. (great for summer and winter vacation). The downside is no dependable income, although the nurses I talked to today all said they are working every single shift they're available, and they (the company) are still asking for more. It's private duty for medically fragile children, and in my case, because I have pediatric hospice experience, they're excited for me to work with families in that situation. So emotionally draining, but incredibly rewarding work, doing something I really believe in, but not having to be on call which was my big issue with returning to Hospice. I actually have a second interview on Monday, too with a small home health agency; figures, I've been looking for work for 3 months and suddenly opportunities are opening up. I'm just praying that I make the right choice. The good thing is that the minimum for the agency that hired me today is only one shift per month, so even if I took another job I could still work for them, too...but then I'd lose the ability to have a consistent family to work with.
Hey no fair moving while I am riding TSM with Kristine!
that is just mean!!
I only use spray when I have to hold down something unhoopable onto stabilizer. when appliqueing (sp) I usually just finger hold or pin it.
I missed the move!! Hey page 6 isn't bad!

Here is the Halloween skirt I finished for Kaedyn today. Another bad picture, but oh well!!

Kaedynsnewskirt.jpg
Cute!

cgfl2.jpg

Wow! Adorable dress, I can't believe how tiny your DD is!

Love all of the new stuff and the castle pictures- soooo fun.

I made it. I am following along, but don't get much time to post. I finished a bunch of stuff for Kristine, but thought I would let her post pics of Ash in them when she gets back from her trip.

Thanks Shannon.... I think it was 2003.... What a great model she has been right from the start....... and what priceless photos have I accumulated!

Before I get back to the costume sewing, I thought I'd post my belated castle pics:

castleragsresize.jpg

castlefgresize.jpg

This was from our second night at the Halloween party.... the one my husband and teenage son refused to attend with us..... hmmmm..... can't imagine WHY!!!!!!

These are awesome!

....I will post pics pics of my Cars outfits (finally!).

I've had a hectic time the last couple of weeks. DH is out of the country so I have to all the yard work (which I guess I usually do anyway) and housework and everything kid related. I have kidney stones (so we hope b/c if it's not stones it's bladder cancer -- have some very intermittent back pain though so hopefully kidney stones). And yesterday I had to fork over $4,400 for a new furnace for our lower level -- yes, this was the same day I had to make our final payment to Disney. And why oh why does Halloween have to come along and interrupt my regular scheduled Disney sewing?

Anyhoo, here are the Cars oufits for DHS -- and sorry for the crappy photos. I really should try to do them with the clothes layed out on the floor so you can see the skirt portion of the dress better and the bow is impossible to make look decent without being tied around a real waist (it's Carla's bow pattern and it makes the prettiest bow -- just bad photos and tieing without a model).

Front of dress (Simply Sweet bodice with my own made up stripwork skirt) and Bowling Shirt:
PA230029.jpg

Back View:
PA230032.jpg

Lightning McQueen close up (this is painted -- I tried appliqueing it initially and it was horrid):
PA230034.jpg

Out of focus hairbow:
PA230035.jpg

Better view of applique on bowling shirt:
PA230033.jpg

And sorry for the uber large photos -- I try resizing them and nothing happens. You can also tell by the *ever so fabulous* quality of the photos why I want a new camera for our trip. Sadly I think I got a new furnace for Christmas instead:sad1:

1st. Outfits look amazing, I'm totally impressed with your painting, I would have been completely hopeless at it; great job!!
2nd. The pics don't look bad to me.
3rd. Sorry about the furnace
4th. Never thought I'd say this, but I sure hope it's kidney stones. I'll be praying for ya.

Whew...I made it before page 10. :)

In all my excitement making my DD's dresses for our Dec. trip, I just realized that Halloween is next weekend and I haven't made my DS's costume yet. :eek:

Ugh - I didnt make it till page 7????

I got my PED Basic today!!!

How long does it usually take for designs to be emailed to you from Heather and Claire? I cant wait!! This is my first time to do this, any tips?

Heather is usually really quick, at least that's been my experience; Claire is also quick, but because of the time difference has taken up to 24 hours; still not bad at all. I've found them both to be great on customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter