Disboutiquers Part 18 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm down to my last 6 or 7 costumes.... and Katie's Halloween costume is all done..... and it dawns on us she's supposed to dress up as her favorite saint for Sunday School this week..... their version of putting the All Saints part back into Halloween........

Last year I made her a little khaki colored cloak and she went as St. Francis of Assissi, carrying along several stuffed animals.......

Making a new costume is clearly not going to happen, so we just need to throw something together....

Any ideas on how to dress as a saint??????????????

I stayed up late last night then checked this morning and nothing. :surfweb:
I go to work and when I come home I find out you all up and left!! :snooty:
Well I made it and on the same day as the move (which is better then last time!!) :cool1::cool1::cool1:

So I'm down to my last 6 or 7 costumes.... and Katie's Halloween costume is all done..... and it dawns on us she's supposed to dress up as her favorite saint for Sunday School this week..... their version of putting the All Saints part back into Halloween........

Last year I made her a little khaki colored cloak and she went as St. Francis of Assissi, carrying along several stuffed animals.......

Making a new costume is clearly not going to happen, so we just need to throw something together....

Okay this is my kind of project!

First, does she care male/female?

Okay - I found yall again. I just got some of Michael Miller's Whimsy fabric in red, pink and green for some Christmas Customs. I can't wait until it gets to me. I am trying really hard to get a business sewing started. I walked into work today and walked out with 7 orders!!!! However, none of them are Disney related - can you believe someone would want something without a mouse on it??? :confused3
Well I better get to sewing. I am pretty sure that my customers want their turkey shirts before Thanksgving!!

PS> love all the new outfits! It always makes me smile to see them. :)

Since I was still digging for real castle pictures I'll stilll post them! Took me long enough to find them!

101_0180-1.jpg

101_0181.jpg

Wendy edited them so we were all in one picture together but I can't find it on the computer!

Here you go Jessica - lol!!
jessica3.jpg

And here we are...
wdwvacationframe.jpg

halloweenpartydisney.jpg

103_5283.jpg

Does she happen to have any other cloaks? If she has a green one, she could carry a paper shamrock and a walking stick and go as St. Patrick.

Okay this is my kind of project!

First, does she care male/female?

Love it! She prefers female, but is not above a male saint in a pinch. Her name is Catherine, so she wanted to be St. Catherine, but it didn't strike me as something easy to pull off.... you know.... and have people know who she is.....

Does she happen to have any other cloaks? If she has a green one, she could carry a paper shamrock and a walking stick and go as St. Patrick.

That's a great thought, especially since I'm half Irish, but no green cloaks on hand. Too bad she doesn't know someone who sews...... you know.... at least someone who sews AND has time right now........ What a bad mommy....

Great pic, but what is your DD doing in the pic? I can't figure out if she's sticking her tongue out at something, or blowing a bubble?

That's my 4 year old Gabi :) She currently believes that the best photos are ones with either her booty sticking out in my direction or making silly faces at me. In this one she is sticking her tongue out :confused3 Because I'm kinda camera happy and make her model my sewing and do some shoots for YCMT sometimes, I tend to let her do whatever she wants in snapshots as payment for doing this for me when asked :thumbsup2

3996993316_95436c776d.jpg

Poor thing started young with my camera in her face :rolleyes1

What a little doll face!! I serioulsy don't know what I'd do if I had a little girl to dress up princess:

Love it! She prefers female, but is not above a male saint in a pinch. Her name is Catherine, so she wanted to be St. Catherine, but it didn't strike me as something easy to pull off.... you know.... and have people know who she is.....

Okay idea one, and we can go from there:

Actually, if she can remember the stories to explain why she's wearing what she is, there are some wealthy English women around the 1800's who became saints. With her Lady Tremaine outfit and maybe a few props (depending on who she chooses) she could pull it off!

http://www.wf-f.org/05-3-WomenSaints.html

I was thinking:
Saint Margaret Clitheroe
Saint Margaret Ward

Okay idea one, and we can go from there:

Actually, if she can remember the stories to explain why she's wearing what she is, there are some wealthy English women around the 1800's who became saints. With her Lady Tremaine outfit and maybe a few props (depending on who she chooses) she could pull it off!

http://www.wf-f.org/05-3-WomenSaints.html

I was thinking:
Saint Margaret Clitheroe
Saint Margaret Ward

Oohhhh..... I hadn't even considered that maybe Lady Tremaine or any of her other costumes might work! I'll read these to her and see what she thinks...

And might I add that I LOVE that you know our costume wardrobe so well as to make a recommendation! :worship::worship:

So what are your kids going to be? Everyone else too.... Now that I'm on the down side of the costume making (within a few days of being done with Halloween!!!!) I can actually think about the holiday without having an absolute panic attack.... and I'm getting kind of excited!

Katie's going to be a purple and black witch. I'm hoping to take some pics tomorrow to share. I've actually not even seen it on her, so I'm excited to see too!

Oohhhh..... I hadn't even considered that maybe Lady Tremaine or any of her other costumes might work! I'll read these to her and see what she thinks...

And might I add that I LOVE that you know our costume wardrobe so well as to make a recommendation! :worship::worship:

So what are your kids going to be? Everyone else too.... Now that I'm on the down side of the costume making (within a few days of being done with Halloween!!!!) I can actually think about the holiday without having an absolute panic attack.... and I'm getting kind of excited!

Katie's going to be a purple and black witch. I'm hoping to take some pics tomorrow to share. I've actually not even seen it on her, so I'm excited to see too!

LOL I know it because I have to be careful, as soon as Hannah sees them, she wants them! I remember hearing Lady Tremaine was one of your daughter's favorites and made a mental note to try to keep the picture from Hannah- she is already in love with Jolly Holiday Mary, the winter Cinderella you did and the Fairy Godmother. If she sees Lady Tremaine I'm really in trouble!:rotfl:

I always try to think first if stuff we already have can be used/remade, and then go for something simple. That dress came to mind because it doesn't SCREAM "Disney!!!" like Cindy might.

In our family we have Harry Potter (pretty obvious with Draykey's glasses), Draco Malfoy (Ryker), Hermione (Hannah), Hagrid (DH if I can finish his costume), and two flappers (Emmy and Lizzie- when they heard their great-great gramma was a "REAL" flapper they had to do it!)

You could do the precious dress in white and do a blue check apron to be worn over it. If I were going for that look, though, I think I would go with the portrait peasant under shirt and a simply sweet jumper over the top.

Jenna wants to be the Red Queen from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. If I can get Nicole's Cinderella dress and Jenna's Halloween school shirt done this weekend then I will have all week to work on it. So fingers crossed. I already have everything I need for it, except time. :upsidedow

Well, I didn't make it to far in the post. lol
I've been busy with my baby boy who has the FLU!:eek:
So know my mom (NaeNae) has both girls :scared1: for the weekend! I think she will be ready to get rid of them on Sunday!lol
Did I mention that this weekend had to be a busy one and I'm stuck at home with a sick 17mos old. :sick: All he does is whimper and looks so sad.:sad1:
So I guess I need to be thinking of outfits for our trip to the world in December!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Thanks for the sweet comments on our picture.

We have an impromptu costume party tmorrow and I've tried all week to get out of it, but dh insits we are going. He says we'll jst wrap the sheets up and go in toga. But then he decided he really wants to be a pirate, so I'll be up at dawn trying to figure out how to shred one of his dress shirts!

I'm sure it will be a great mess, so i'll let you see when I'm done.:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter