DISApalooza 2011 – DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams Unlimited Travel December Event Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am extremely grateful to you John and the entire team for putting this together. Hopefully you feel appreciated because the majority of us DISers recognize the blood, sweat and tears you have poured into this endeavor:worship: Thank you for all that you do, I can't wait to meet everyone in a few weeks!

Very well said! I'm really excited about a great time and meeting everyone, and I'm extremely grateful for all that John and the team are doing to work out all these details and plans for our big group! :worship:

May I add that I'm giddy with excitement??? :yay::yay::yay: The HP t-shirt I ordered for my son arrived today. I can't wait to surprise him with this awesome trip/event!
Thank you John and Kevin and the Podcast Team for giving me this opportunity. Did I mention I'm excited??? :cool1:

Amanda

I put 7 - 10 in the email just to be on the safe side - it should be more like 3 - 5 business days.

WebmasterJohn...please ignore my email. I know this is a lot of work to put together and I really do appreciate it. I am just freaking a little because we leave on the 2nd. I had a feeling I would be cutting it close.

Being that this is my first event, I now know to provide a mailing address in Florida.

Woo hoo my credentials have been sent. Btw, Amanda I'm joining you in being just a little excited!!! Yippee! Woo hoo!

Credentials = makes me feel special :lovestruc

Credentials makes my DH eyes roll around in his head.:rolleyes:

Ditto! ;)

John and the team have a lot of experience with events like this. They will do everything they possibly can to get everything sent out.

Universal itself is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I am very excited to see everyone.

Oh, and the live podcast will be fun!

Anywhere I haven't ever been is out of my comfort zone, so a place I've never been and being there with hundreds of people that I've never met and quite a few that I idolize...now there's a recipe for me to be nervous!! I'm counting on you to calm me down, Skip! :goodvibes

WebmasterJohn...please ignore my email. I know this is a lot of work to put together and I really do appreciate it. I am just freaking a little because we leave on the 2nd. I had a feeling I would be cutting it close.

Being that this is my first event, I now know to provide a mailing address in Florida.
Since I haven't done one of these before either, it never dawned on me to have the stuff mailed to FL (We leave on the 3rd)! I will know better next time, so that I won't have to worry. Old ladies CAN learn new tricks, LOL! :rotfl:

Anywhere I haven't ever been is out of my comfort zone, so a place I've never been and being there with hundreds of people that I've never met and quite a few that I idolize...now there's a recipe for me to be nervous!! I'm counting on you to calm me down, Skip! :goodvibes

Universal parks are very "in your face" type of parks. Things explode or jump out at you. Not my thing. I will probably be on full alert for things to happen.

The podcast team are great people. You will love them all. :)

Next, I think we should go to Petaluma. :lmao:

As I'm in the UK should I expect my credentials to arrive by the 1st as well?

I leave on the 5th so hopefully they will turn up in time.

As I'm in the UK should I expect my credentials to arrive by the 1st as well?

I leave on the 5th so hopefully they will turn up in time.

It was my goal to get everyone's credentials out in time to arrive on or before 12/1 - our friends across the pond and in Canada are no exeption.

Even if you don't get them by the 1st I am confident you will get yours well before you leave on the 5th. We sent all credentials via Priority Mail - even those in Canada, the UK, etc.

Originally Posted by Justin Jett
Universal parks are very "in your face" type of parks. Things explode or jump out at you.

I promise not to explode or jump.

You have my word.

Aren't those the side effects of combining chocolate frogs and butter beer???:rotfl::scared1:

I can definitely understand how you are feeling. I think many of us have felt this way at one way or another. Relax, breathe, and smile. You will have a great time. Please stop me and say hello. I would love to meet you.

Universal parks are very "in your face" type of parks. Things explode or jump out at you. Not my thing. I will probably be on full alert for things to happen.

I'm not a US fan either. I would not be stepping foot into this park if it weren't for this event. I am excited to see WWoHP for the connection to the books, but can't see myself returning. I've been before and it just wasn't for me. I'm a Disney girl true and true.

Off topic but may be important to some arriving early and planning on touring wdw.

No Osborne Lights on December 8 according to my recent allears newsletter.

Off topic but may be important to some arriving early and planning on touring wdw.

No Osborne Lights on December 8 according to my recent allears newsletter.

I saw this a few weeks ago.. had to redo my touring plan and dining reservations... sooooo frustrating.. but now we will be there Friday... who wants to join us?!?!

OK, I'll bite. And why would that be, Skip? :confused3

Sayhello

Occasionally, Pete has mentioned Leo LePorte on the Podcast. Like Pete....I have been a Leo LePorte for years, going back to the days of ZDTV.

Today, Leo has his own Podcast Network, called TWiT (This Week in Tech). This past summer, Leo completed construction of a $1.2 Million Podcast Studio in Petaluma, CA. Leo named the studio "The TWiT Brick House."

I would like to go to the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco, The TWiT Brick House in Petaluma, CA, and Apple Headquarters in Cupertino, CA. Those are on my bucket list.

JennyBuginPink has posted that she is also a Leo LePorte fan. That is why I mentioned Petaluma to her. :)

http://youtu.be/kjJbUP17nGU

http://twit.tv/people/leo-laporte

http://twit.tv/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter