DISApalooza 2011 – DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams Unlimited Travel December Event Details

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterJohn, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

I am not sure of this answer, but would suggest writing to DAP@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com (as mentioned earlier in this thread) for help. I hope you have the information you are looking for soon. :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chirurgeon

chirurgeon I am a delicate flower and need my sleep.

John said on this week's podcast the credentials were to go out at the end of the week (last week since this is Sunday.) I'm leaving on the 2nd, but I won't start panicking yet.

Kim

4. WebmasterJohn

WebmasterJohn Genius Administrator

Credentails are starting to go out. It is a huge project and not all credentials will go out at once. This means that some will get there's before others...and panic will ensue.

Since we are sending them all via Priority mail it should not take more than 3 - 5 business days from the date they are mailed for you to receive them. It is my goal to make sure they are sent in time to reach everyone by the 1st.

If you do not get your credentials in time we do not have a way to get you new ones before the event.

If you do not get them let me know and I will refund your money but you will also be taken off the list for the party.

Sorry to sound so harsh but that's the best I can offer.

5. dansyr2514

dansyr2514 DIS Veteran

I'm not worried about mine because I won't be leaving until the 9th. However, just a thought for those that are arriving earlier. I'm not sure of the details of what the credentials are but maybe they can be copied and faxed to you. If someone can check your mail, maybe they can do that for you. Maybe John could respond if that would be a feasible option. Since they are being sent now...I'm sure we would all receive them before we leave.

6. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

Eek. :scared1: I will not panic, I will not panic . . . I leave December 3rd for my trip. :faint:

7. jk and ek

jk and ek Mouseketeer

harsh isn't the word i'd use, but it's not very reassuring to say that if we don't get them in time (something not in our control) that we are SOL. i am feeling really hopeful that ours will arrive in time, but it feels like it's going to be cutting it real close (they have to arrive by the 3rd for us to get them in time before we leave on our trip AND with thanksgiving this week, mail is going to be slower).

8. WebmasterJohn

Typo in my last post - meant to say my goal if for everyone to get them no later than the 1st of December.

9. WebmasterJohn

Credentials cannot be altered or reproduced.

10. TIGGERmetoo

TIGGERmetoo DIS Veteran

Thank goodness! You were scaring me. We're leaving on the 3rd. I'm sure everyone will get them in time and it will be a fantastic event. Thanks John.

11. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for clarifying. :thumbsup2

12. jk and ek

jk and ek Mouseketeer

haha thank you so much for clarifying!!!

13. wishesUT

wishesUT Mouseketeer

We're leaving on the 3rd as well so if the credentials arrive on the 1st we should be good. :thumbsup2 I'm grateful to everyone who is managing the logistics of this event. I can't imagine the amount of work it must involve.

14. Mitzicat

Mitzicat DIS Veteran

I hope they arrive on the 1st. My flight leaves on the 2nd.

Please arrive on the 1st....:worship::worship::worship:

15. k5jmh

k5jmh When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...

Since we cannot wear Corey's design at DAP, I have found the perfect DAP clothing!!! (Pete, cover your eyes! They will burn after you see this)

[​IMG]

Can you imagine a gaggle of us walking into HP in that outfit! Just add a set of Lime Green Mickey Ears or a set of Balloons on your head to complete the outfit!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

16. sdlong329

sdlong329 "Life is just a Fantasy!"

"So, Mrs. Smith, my apologies for the problems with your surgery, but I will issue you a parking refund. How is that?" Seriously? FWIW, I hope there are no issues, but this sounds like poor planning. I hope you are using delivery confirmation, and am surprised you have NO WAY of replacing credentials (in the unlikely event there are issues). I'm guessing you realize people are traveling THOUSANDS of miles ... making airline, hotel, and car rental plans ... most of which are not refundable (in the event there is an issue with credentials).

This reminds me of a similar situation where there was a problem with a cruise reservation, and the resolution was to transfer the booking to DCL.
    :laundy:

To me, each sounds line abandonment of customer service. :sick:

17. jcb

jcb always emerging from hibernation

I consider your post to be in very poor taste and I certainly do not share your view. If, by some chance, someone leaves before the credentials arrive, nothing prevents them from arranging to have the credentials forwarded to them at WDW. FedEx and UPS are still around especially if, as you imply, attending DISapalooza is as important as a medical procedure.

It would be well-nigh impossible for John to anticipate every single contingency that might happen to one of the several hundred guests that are planning to attend.

18. dansyr2514

dansyr2514 DIS Veteran

I think people are getting themselves extremely worked up about something that hasn't happened and probably won't. Maybe get nervous if it's closer to your trip.

19. DisneyKevin

DisneyKevin Kelvis Moderator

Gosh...it's stuff like this that makes doing things like this so much fun.

20. RaySharpton

RaySharpton DIS Veteran

Hi, sdlong329. On the first post of this thread, bus transportation was offered from WDW to Universal's WWoHP and then updated as shown below as the plans were finalized:

21. RaySharpton

RaySharpton DIS Veteran

Hi, sdlong329. I usually go to WDW every December and this year I was leaving on Monday, November 28, 2011.

I knew with the previous weekend and Thursday being a long Thanksgiving Holiday weekend, and that the USPS might be a little slower; I decided to have my mailing address sent to Pop Century Resort address in Florida instead of my home address.

Under my name, I added my arrival date as requested by Disney for deliverys to Disney resorts.

And with my address, I added the Pop Century Resort above the resort address.

Two years ago, Pop Century Resort had my credentials and called my room when they arrived via USPS Priority Mail. That year we had a party at Disney Hollywood Studio and a private ride on the Toy Story Midway Mania.

It was wonderful.

Here is a post that they are also being delivered with USPS Priority Mail.

I'll see you there. You might be able to recognize me by my DIS outfit that k5jmh recommended we wear:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.