DISApalooza 2011 – DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams Unlimited Travel December Event Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not stressing about the credentials. I appreciate all the extra effort that Dreams is putting into this event and am looking forward to seeing everybody there. Planning on chatting with old friends and making some new ones as well.

This will be fun...even if it isn't at a Disney park. :rolleyes1

I'm not stressing about the credentials. I appreciate all the extra effort that Dreams is putting into this event and am looking forward to seeing everybody there. Planning on chatting with old friends and making some new ones as well.

This will be fun...

I can't wait to put a name with an actual person! Super excited for the party!:thumbsup2

Just read you edit so thank you but never mind.
I was hoping it was something like a typo considering how well you organize things.

John,
We are leaving RI the morning of the 8th so if it is possible to put us in a group that will receive them by them it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill and Deb Dwyer

Credentails are starting to go out. It is a huge project and not all credentials will go out at once. This means that some will get there's before others...and panic will ensue.

Since we are sending them all via Priority mail it should not take more than 3 - 5 business days from the date they are mailed for you to receive them. It is my goal to make sure they are sent in time to reach everyone by the 1st.

If you do not get your credentials in time we do not have a way to get you new ones before the event.

If you do not get them let me know and I will refund your money but you will also be taken off the list for the party.

Sorry to sound so harsh but that's the best I can offer.

Forgive my silly questions, but I've never attended an event before. What exactly are credentials? Is it just a pass/ticket?

In the past its been a lanyard with a special pass in the pocket that has your name and the event. Don't know if they are doing the same thing this year.

In the past its been a lanyard with a special pass in the pocket that has your name and the event. Don't know if they are doing the same thing this year.

Thanks. That sounds so cool. I'm just giddy with excitement! Can't wait!

:cool1::banana::dance3::banana::cool1:

I just got an email...

"We just want to inform you that your DISApalooza Wizarding World of Harry Potter Event Credentials have been mailed to you.

These are being sent via USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail and you should receive them in 7 - 10 business days.

Credentials will be required to attend the party. If you lose, alter or do not have your credentials you will not be permitted entrance into the event. Absolutely no exceptions will be made. Your party credentials are NON-TRANSFERABLE.

No park admission media is required to attend this event - just your party credentials.

Furher instructions will be included with your credentials.

We look forward to seeing you there!!!!"

Frankly, with Priority Mail, I would expect a much shorter transit time, so no worries mates!

:)

Jud

I just got an email...

"We just want to inform you that your DISApalooza Wizarding World of Harry Potter Event Credentials have been mailed to you.

These are being sent via USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail and you should receive them in 7 - 10 business days.

Credentials will be required to attend the party. If you lose, alter or do not have your credentials you will not be permitted entrance into the event. Absolutely no exceptions will be made. Your party credentials are NON-TRANSFERABLE.

No park admission media is required to attend this event - just your party credentials.

Furher instructions will be included with your credentials.

We look forward to seeing you there!!!!"

Frankly, with Priority Mail, I would expect a much shorter transit time, so no worries mates!

:)

Jud

Hi, Jud and Nancy. I just got an email, too.

I put 7 - 10 in the email just to be on the safe side - it should be more like 3 - 5 business days.

I noticed that. :thumbsup2

This news made me curious about other party attendants' locations. Any other Washington folk coming to the party? I would love to know where some of our international folk are from. Of course we have the Nether people. :) Anyone else?

Now - before people start posting that they didn't get their email...I just spent a few hours working on a system to send these to each person individually (rather than a mass email to everyone). The system is also designed to indicate which credentials and emails have been sent so that I can easily identify any issues and correct them upfront.

It's going to take me some time to get through notifying everyone. I appreciate your patience as it may take a few hours to get all of these emails sent.

Also, just because you received the email today does not mean your credentials were mailed today. We sent a whole bunch out on Saturday but I wanted to make sure they all got mailed before I stopped to work on the email.

I am extremely grateful to you John and the entire team for putting this together. Hopefully you feel appreciated because the majority of us DISers recognize the blood, sweat and tears you have poured into this endeavor:worship: Thank you for all that you do, I can't wait to meet everyone in a few weeks!

Credentials = makes me feel special :lovestruc

Credentials makes my DH eyes roll around in his head.:rolleyes:

Since we cannot wear Corey's design at DAP, I have found the perfect DAP clothing!!! (Pete, cover your eyes! They will burn after you see this)

img-product-lime4-f.png

Can you imagine a gaggle of us walking into HP in that outfit! Just add a set of Lime Green Mickey Ears or a set of Balloons on your head to complete the outfit!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I think that would be hilarious!!!! :lmao:

I consider your post to be in very poor taste and I certainly do not share your view. If, by some chance, someone leaves before the credentials arrive, nothing prevents them from arranging to have the credentials forwarded to them at WDW. FedEx and UPS are still around especially if, as you imply, attending DISapalooza is as important as a medical procedure.

It would be well-nigh impossible for John to anticipate every single contingency that might happen to one of the several hundred guests that are planning to attend.

I agree and was thinking the same thing. If our credentials don't come before we leave, I will have a relative check my mail daily and overnight them to me at BLT. I just don't understand all the panic. This is vacation and it will be a great time.

WOOHOO! I just received an email stating that my credentials were mailed out today and I should get them within 7-10 business days. I'm doing the happy dance now! DAP is SOOOOOO close! :cool1:

Thanks John and everyone at the Dis for their hard work on this event. It's going to be great!

John and the team have a lot of experience with events like this. They will do everything they possibly can to get everything sent out.

Universal itself is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I am very excited to see everyone.

Oh, and the live podcast will be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter