Dis Old Fogies - Clubhouse is now open for Lasting Memories, Food Fights and Chats

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I need a laugh today since I had to deliver bad news to DH that his sister passed away. He hasn't seen her in many years, but it still tough news to hear.

Here's a bit for the bacon folks...

580574_442810482457663_763301343_n.jpg

:hug:

Hi everyone!

Been real busy. Today I should have some DIS time on the phone, because we have three boys thst need to go to the vet. = long wait time.

OK I need a laugh today since I had to deliver bad news to DH that his sister passed away. He hasn't seen her in many years, but it still tough news to hear.
I'm so sorry to hear this. :hug:

Yes, baconless!:sad:
Ouch! :hug:

Hi everyone!

Been real busy. Today I should have some DIS time on the phone, because we have three boys thst need to go to the vet. = long wait time.
My sympathies to your chequebook! :hug:

We just took the brats (our 2 cats) to the vet for their 3 year rabies shot. DH doesn't usually accompany me, so he had major sticker shock at the bill. I had to explain to him that their visit in April will be the big bill: yearly check ups, their other shots and the benadryl/medicam for the reaction they get to the shots. He'll :faint: when he gets that bill! :rotfl:

As we checked in we said that we wanted to get what they need for their city certification. Turns out they only need a rabies shot. Fran says, "Give them whatever they need, they have their own credit card." :rotfl2:

As we checked in we said that we wanted to get what they need for their city certification. Turns out they only need a rabies shot. Fran says, "Give them whatever they need, they have their own credit card." :rotfl2:

:lmao:

I am so not telling Scotty and Sulu! They'll demand their own credit card. :rotfl2:

I'm so sorry to hear this. :hug:

Ouch! :hug:

My sympathies to your chequebook! :hug:

We just took the brats (our 2 cats) to the vet for their 3 year rabies shot. DH doesn't usually accompany me, so he had major sticker shock at the bill. I had to explain to him that their visit in April will be the big bill: yearly check ups, their other shots and the benadryl/medicam for the reaction they get to the shots. He'll :faint: when he gets that bill! :rotfl:

I use a place called VIP, they usually hold the clinics at pet stores or the spca. They do shots, fecal , rabies all that good stuff. I got the dog shots for 42 with the fecal testing. She isn't due for rabies. There is no office visit charge only what you get. I take mine to the vet now for only the bigger issues. It is the same for the cats. Rabies shots are cheaper also. I was so glad I found it, it sames me allot of money from a vet for the office charges just for shots.

They all need dental treatments. Basil had really inflamed gums. We left him there for treatment tomorrow. Milo needs it next but he can wait until after vacay. Mac needs it this year sometime.

We like to take them to the vet for shots and stuff so that all their records are in one place.

Usnuz, the local rabies clinic can give them all of their shots. It is so much cheaper. And I'd take the brats to the rabies clinic for their shots, if they hadn't had such bad reactions from their first round of shots. We almost lost them. Now they get all of their shots in the vet's office with doses of benadryl and medicam before hand, and so they can have rapid treatment if they have bad reactions again. They have to stay for an hour after their shots to make sure they're OK. And I get sent home with another round of meds for them to take that night. :crazy2:

If they are allergic and have problems I would not do it either. Mine have not had any problems. If they did I would go to the vet also.

Hope the kitties are all safe at home with dental plans locked in with the vet.

Have you considered getting raw chicken necks and feeding it to your cats? A cat breeder put me on to it. If they are raw, the bones are soft and won't hurt the cats. But because the cats chew and chew and chew on them, it is fantastic for their teeth. And at $2 a kilo, it's not a bad cost effective preventative treatment.

Hope the kitties are all safe at home with dental plans locked in with the vet.

Have you considered getting raw chicken necks and feeding it to your cats? A cat breeder put me on to it. If they are raw, the bones are soft and won't hurt the cats. But because the cats chew and chew and chew on them, it is fantastic for their teeth. And at $2 a kilo, it's not a bad cost effective preventative treatment.

We'll have to talk to the vet. With out luck they would drag them all over the house and we would have raw chicken bacteria all over thr house.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug: One of my friends DH passed away Monday. He was only early 50s. Had a very sudden, severe illness & passed after only 10 days in the hospital. This was a 2nd marriage for my friend & she only had a few short, happy years with him. She is devastated.

:rotfl2: Whenever I'm missing having a dog, I think about how much our little guy used to cost us in Vet & medicine bills. That usually cures me!

Good morning, hope the kitty's are doing fine. My dog needs his gums delt with. Well I did the stupid today. I locked myself out of the house. Thank god it did not start to rain.:rotfl:

I gather than you're back inside the house now?

Don't worry. We've all done that at one stage or another.

We're going to pick up the kitty now. Just waiting for them to bring the car up.

focusondisney said:
I'm so sorry. :grouphug: One of my friends DH passed away Monday. He was only early 50s. Had a very sudden, severe illness & passed after only 10 days in the hospital. This was a 2nd marriage for my friend & she only had a few short, happy years with him. She is devastated.

That's so sad, too young. Time is so precious.

DH's sister was only 57. We also found out one of his cousins also passed away last Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter