Dis Mom's Club?

We will definitely road trip some day. When the girls are older and can appreciate it and we can make it part of the trip. :)

I actually love to drive and find it relaxing.... but NOT with two kids in the backseat who thinking screaming in a somewhat squeeky voice is singing! LOL!

Samar - Where in NJ are you from? We are originally from NJ also! I grew up in Northern NJ, but we lived in Hamilton Square (Princeton area) for 5 years before moving to Ohio. We also own a timeshaer (not DVC, but Hilton). We used our timeshare this year and exchanged into DVC this year :cool1:

Yeah, some people think we're crazy for going twice in one year...these are also people who have never gone to Disney before :rotfl: Don't knock it until you try it people!!

We will definitely road trip some day. When the girls are older and can appreciate it and we can make it part of the trip. :)

I actually love to drive and find it relaxing.... but NOT with two kids in the backseat who thinking screaming in a somewhat squeeky voice is singing! LOL!

We have drove for our past 2 trips. It is about 16 hours for us. We leave around 9:00 at night (DH takes the day off so he can sleep) and we drive there in one shot. It's not too bad. My in-laws are 8 hours away, so my kids have gotten used to that over the years.

Samar - Where in NJ are you from? We are originally from NJ also! I grew up in Northern NJ, but we lived in Hamilton Square (Princeton area) for 5 years before moving to Ohio. We also own a timeshaer (not DVC, but Hilton). We used our timeshare this year and exchanged into DVC this year :cool1:

Yeah, some people think we're crazy for going twice in one year...these are also people who have never gone to Disney before :rotfl: Don't knock it until you try it people!!

Where are you in OH? I am a PA girl - now living in the Cleveland area.

Kristi ~ I think at 6 and 8 we would probably do it. Right now they just aren't ready. Z is in the midst of potty training and we would have to stop every hour for a potty break.

Plus my mom HATES to drive ~ so she wouldn't go with us and we LOVE when she comes with us.

:) She does only come once a year though ~ so we could drive the other times. Maybe in a couple more years!

So what is everyone up to on this fine Sunday?

We have SIL and DN coming over for a playdate and I have tator tot casserole and chocolate chip cookies in the oven. DH has to go into work (again) so we may go visit my mom later this afternoon.

Not doing too much here today. It is a cool, rainy day here - perfect for cruising the boards and reading a book with a cup of tea.

Me too :goodvibes

I'm Tiffany married to a man who doesn't get the Disney hype :sad2: That should've been a deal-breaker ;)

GASP!!!!:scared1:..

I'm in! My name is Kim and I'm a DisneyManiac. DH wasn't originally, but, he married into a DisneyManiac family and is now fully on board since our honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (which was planned and booked by my dad...uh...AWKWARD!) Did I mention DD, DM, DB and DB went at the same time, thankfully in a different hotel! (They crashed my cousins Disney honeymoon as well!) Next visit was at the FW cabins. We bought a camper had two kids and have been Fort Fiends ever since! Looking forward to sharing stories!

Count me in:yay: I'm Maria DH is Mark...we have two sons Justin (2 1/2) and Joseph (6 weeks) DH calls me the Disney Nazi:confused3 I don't really know why...

DISNEY NAZI! I LOVE IT! MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR USER NAME!. My family (not just immediate family) calls me the Whip Master. They say I crack the whip at first light. I do it for their own good b/c I don't want them to miss any Magical Moments!:smickey: We had a Disney vac with a 1 yr old and a 3 mon old as well. I worried and worried some more before we left, but it all worked out fine. I'm sure your trip will be great!

kampfirekim-
I love the quote in your siggy! And it's great to quote the women behind the famous people. :rolleyes1

Do you love that your extended family are also Disney Nuts? My inlaws invited us to join them in Cancun this year but without kids. They never travel with their kids and we never do anything without ours, so of course we said we were doing Disney again. They can't understand why we'd pick Disney with the kids over Cancun without kids??

Hi Ladies! We just got home from the Smithsonian Natural History Museum and I'm finally caught up!

Welcome to all the new members! Its great to meet all of you.

I never felt I had to justify myself to you guys!:goodvibes I'm lucky that my family LOVES road trips and going places. DH and I figure we only have about 3 more years in MD for sure, after that who knows were the Navy will send us! :confused3 Our fingers are crossed for Jacksonville! :rotfl: But for now we're going full force and seeing EVERYTHING the east coast has to offer!

I hope everyone's Sunday has been great!

Hi all! I'm Stephanie and I'm addicted to all things Disney. My favorite movie is Mary Poppins (and I went all silent when we met her last year and felt like an idiot :rotfl2: ).

I'm married to wonderful DH, J. Our children DD8, JosaLynn, and DS4, Seth are crazy about Disney - they take after mom!

This will be our second family trip in April. (We didn't get much done last year, as I was sick all week.)

Jo is obsessed with Princesses, Faeries, pirates, and Hannah Montana. (Her favorite is Tinkerbell or Hannah.) We stood in line for 2.5 hours last year to meet the Faeries, but it was all worth it.

Seth is obsessed with Donald and Handy Manny.

Last year, we stayed at AS Movies - we did Disney on a budget, and just visited each park once. This year, we splurged slightly, and we'll be staying at CBR (DH's choice) and visiting the parks as well as the water parks - and we've been discussing on upgrading our tickets from 4D to 7D.

It's a pleasure to meet you all!!

Hi there all the new moms! Glad you all decided to join us!

:)

So how about this ~ what is your touring style?

DD's like to sleep in at Disney ~ who knows why ~ well maybe because we keep them up so late! So we are not a rope drop family.

We don't use FP as much as we probably should and are pretty much wanderers. We only get in lines that have a posted time of 20 minutes or less and are by FAR not a commando family.

We do love to eat at all the different places and I have decided we are table service junkies.

DD(5) is a foodie and likes to eat from the adult menu ~ so we do a lot of buffets and I split a lot of appetizers and entrees with her. I mean she gets her kiddie meal but eats from my plate too! She looks down her nose at chicken nuggets and french fries and would rather have the soup or fish of the day with a salad. She shocks most waitresses by asking "What is your soup today?" This started about two years ago with our first time on deluxe dining.

So the only schedule we have is our ADR's and then everyone has a ride they MUST do. We rarely miss anything even with our 20 minute limit and no FP's. We will grab one if we think of it.... I think we will need to use one at least for PP this time since DD decided she loves that ride.

Hey Lidian
We'll be there the same time! Last year we stayed at ASmovies and the kids loved it. I thought it was the most "Disney-ish". Every morning they'd play with DH in Andy's Toy Room for a minute while I made sure we had everything for the day. It was nice!
This time we are staying at POR. I'm looking forward to the grounds as I've heard they are beautiful.
For us we decided to get tickets for every day but skip the hoppers.
I can't wait... we're already mostly packed!:cool1:

My kids are usually early risers (7am) so we are good to go when it comes to rope drop for the first few days. After the first couple of days though and staying up later than normal they tend to sleep in :rotfl: But they still nap so we can usually alternate day on sleeping in and getting up early.

We aren't huge ADR people, we don't like being tied down to reservations in a certain park on a certain day and having to watch the clock in case we are in line or something so we only have 4 for the whole 2 weeks we are there. Crazy, I know! But we had 2 last time we were there in October and figure we will be there again so why cram them all in at one time.

We aren't a commando type touring family either, we get fast passes for the usuals, but just because who wants to wait in line with a 2 and 3 year old. :lmao: We are pretty relaxed when we go down there, while I plan a lot before once I get there I like to enjoy my time there.

Who's your child/ren's favorite characters?

Hands down my boys LOVE Cars. My 3 year old loves McQueen and my 2 year old loves Mater. In terms of Classic Disney, my 3 year old loves Goofy and my 2 year old loves Donald (we say it's because they both have anger management issues).

Hmmm favorite character?

Mimi would be: Mickey ~ Snow White and Cinderella
ZZ would be: Cinderella and Belle (she is still a little afraid of them)

I laugh and I really shouldn't because she is probably traumatized ~ but when we were there and she was only about 18 months old she was TERRIFIED of them. And would say "no chip" "no mouse" "no dog"

Well one night we were all woken to her screaming "no dog" in her sleep. We (DH and I) laughed for about an hour after she settled down.

It still cracks me up!

I am all about rope drop! Must be there at rope drop!pirate: My DH and 2 oldest would rather sleep in, but once DH and DD11 are up and at the park waiting, they're all for it. DS11 would rather still be sleeping :rolleyes1 I'm all about the ADRs and TS, so is DD11. DH is a play it by ear type and doesn't understand my constant "We must figure this out NOW" when its 180 days before our trip... :confused3

Mikayla,DD11, loves The Lion King and The Night Before Christmas.

AJ, DS11, he's my Disney bah hum bug... And really doesn't have a favorite movie or character.

Kira, DD4, is all about Cinderella and the Princesses.

Monster, DS2, loves all things Disney! I would have to say that Mickey and Minnie are is all time favorites, but he'll take any and all of them. Right now, Princess and the Frog, and the Toy Stories are his favorite movies... We have to watch all 3 at least once a day!

Wanted to stop by and say Hi!!

Me-Stephanie,huge eeyore fan
DH-Mike, loves Star Wars, actually anything SciFi, and World of Warcraft

The Boys
Ds#1- Sid is 11-, Doesnt really show that much of an interest in Disney, Loves Sports, but he is excited for our upcoming trip.
Ds#2-Nick is 9- Loves anything ToyStory,
Ds#3- Kyle is 6, says his nickName is Dumbo,because he has big ears, and loves ToyStory
And Ds#4 Gabriel is 19 months old- Loves Buzz(Thanks to his older brothers watching it at least 2xs a day, and Mickey.

We are going on our 1st trip on June 30,

Just thought I'd let you girls know of the GREAT deal at TRU on Hasbro games! Buy $20 or more in Hasbro games get a $5 gift card

$4.99 games with mention of $2 mail in rebate
Candyland
Cootie
Chutes and Ladders
Memory
HiHo Cherry-O

$8.99 with $3 mail in rebate
Operation
Trouble
Connect4
Twister
Battleship

$11.99 with $3 mail in rebate
Bop-It
Connect 4x4
Guess Who
Sorry Sliders

Also there where coupons on www.playsaver.com

Wow you ladies have been busy chatting. We went to church this morning then went out to breakfast with the inlaws there was a dollar store next door so we stopped in to pick up things for our WDW trip. It's not till June and DH thinks I'm nuts. But we got some light things for the night time, and some Cars crayon boxes that the boys love, and a set of Mickymouse club house flash cards. Woohoo - slowlly getting things stocked for our trip.

Monkey loves Mickey Mouse ("muska" - that was how he first said it at 14 months and how he still says it at 20 months) Bug loves lightening Mcqeen - he has a matchbox Lightening as his security item. Yes I let my 20 month old play with toys for 3+ :rolleyes1: Ahh well for the most part they are both out of the putting things in their mouths stage.

Not sure what our touring style will be this time - we used to be all about the comando days, but now with twin toddlers, and a DH who has just started on heart medication and limited lung capacity from chemo - who knows. We are planning on doing rope drop in the morning then go back to the hotel for naps and swimming then back for ADR and more rides.

I'm starting to get things together for the trip and am going to try and get as many things to keep DH cool as possible - just not sure how he's going to do in the humidity. Last time we went was so easy - it was during the winter, and we had no kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter