Dis Mom's Club?

Wow, you guys work fast. I am not sure I'll be able to catch up. :rotfl:

We have done BBB twice, and it was great, we also did the Main Street Barber Shop on our last trip. My middle DD got her hair cut for Locks of Love and they did the confeti on the girls. This trip both my younger DDs will be donating their hair so we are going to let them do the paint and confetti since we are not doing BBB this trip. First time (to BBB) I took all 3 girls and last time I took 2 girls, we loved it, no regrets about doing it, but we have to be done with it, too expensive. It was supposed to be a one time thing but grandma had so much fun the first time that she paid for the second time. :goodvibes

Anyone have any weekend plans?

Today we are going to the first of 3 egg hunts (not including our own) at 10. It is at a friends house and it is going to be COLD! But they will find the eggs fast then get around the fire. We are used to it, they do it every year and we live in New York so we expect it. After that we are going to Michael's for free craft day. It is an Easter craft with some Crayola things they have been wanting to try. Then we are going to go pick up their ceramics they painted last week. That is about it for them today, they are coming home and cleaning their bedrooms and DH and I are going out on a date. Tomorrow all we have planned is Breakfast with the Easter Bunny. Not sure if we will do anything else.

My boys will be trying the pirates league in 3 weeks! Not sure how the 3 year old will do, he'll either love it or scream and we wont have him do it.

A busy weekend for us as well. My son has a retreat in a couple hours for his 1st communion. While he's at that I need to run and find a view master for my middle sons easter basket. He has one in his speech classroom and loves it...but I've tried target and walmart no luck. Then we have a bday party for family friends, we'll probably grab a bite to eat after that, maybe hit rainforest cafe, as we'll be down that way.

Tomorrow, I have to work 9-5, then babysitter coming at 5:30 and hubby and I are off to celtics game w/luxury box seats his work has :banana: great way to watch a game...or so he's told me. :rotfl:

My boys will be trying the pirates league in 3 weeks! Not sure how the 3 year old will do, he'll either love it or scream and we wont have him do it.

A busy weekend for us as well. My son has a retreat in a couple hours for his 1st communion. While he's at that I need to run and find a view master for my middle sons easter basket. He has one in his speech classroom and loves it...but I've tried target and walmart no luck. Then we have a bday party for family friends, we'll probably grab a bite to eat after that, maybe hit rainforest cafe, as we'll be down that way.

Tomorrow, I have to work 9-5, then babysitter coming at 5:30 and hubby and I are off to celtics game w/luxury box seats his work has :banana: great way to watch a game...or so he's told me. :rotfl:

I figured you had to be pretty close to my by the number of miles you are from Disney! That is assuming the Celtics are playing home.

We were supposed to go to a Pancake breakfast and Easter egg hunt meet the Easter bunny thing at the YMCA this morning. I had signed us up for 10:30 and DH went to pay last night and they had us for 8:30. So we were still going to try and go.... but ZZ woke with a cough this morning and Mimi is still asleep. Soooo we are going to skip it. It is only 19 out and I don't really want them running around outside when it is so cold.

My goals for the weekend are to get some of my work from my old job done. I get 10% of whatever I can collect from patients ~ and am hoping to use that money to pay for our DxDP.

DH is still working on the girls playroom. It looks good but he is still working on it. This weekend ~ chalkboard paint and closing up a gap the contractor left between the floor and where the slanty walls are.

Nothing much other than that. Playing with the girls ~ oh and maybe take them to see how to Train a Dragon. Is it me or have the kids movies SERIOUSLY lacked this winter?

We go on Wednesday morning twice a week to see a Mommy and Me movie. It is free and usually is old Disney Movies. Last one was Rugrats and they didn't care much for it. The next two are Lion King and Lion King 2. So that works good for us!! :thumbsup2

Well, let see. Today is still up in the air for us. We were going to go to the Cherry Blossom Festival, but it is way too cold for that! LOL I think our new plan is to go to an Easter egg hunt on base, go pick up a new double stroller from someone on craigslist, and then head to the Smithsonian of Natural History...

I figured you had to be pretty close to my by the number of miles you are from Disney! That is assuming the Celtics are playing home.

We were supposed to go to a Pancake breakfast and Easter egg hunt meet the Easter bunny thing at the YMCA this morning. I had signed us up for 10:30 and DH went to pay last night and they had us for 8:30. So we were still going to try and go.... but ZZ woke with a cough this morning and Mimi is still asleep. Soooo we are going to skip it. It is only 19 out and I don't really want them running around outside when it is so cold.

My goals for the weekend are to get some of my work from my old job done. I get 10% of whatever I can collect from patients ~ and am hoping to use that money to pay for our DxDP.

DH is still working on the girls playroom. It looks good but he is still working on it. This weekend ~ chalkboard paint and closing up a gap the contractor left between the floor and where the slanty walls are.

Nothing much other than that. Playing with the girls ~ oh and maybe take them to see how to Train a Dragon. Is it me or have the kids movies SERIOUSLY lacked this winter?

We go on Wednesday morning twice a week to see a Mommy and Me movie. It is free and usually is old Disney Movies. Last one was Rugrats and they didn't care much for it. The next two are Lion King and Lion King 2. So that works good for us!! :thumbsup2

Yup, I'm in North/Central MA, about 15 miles west of Nashua, 45 minutes from nashua. I actually grew up about 10 miles north of boston. My back yard is actually mason NH.

My plans may change drastically today based on the mood of my 8 year old when he needed to get ready to go. I may be just bringing the younger 2 to the party. Gotta love 8 year olds who think they know it all!
Well, let see. Today is still up in the air for us. We were going to go to the Cherry Blossom Festival, but it is way too cold for that! LOL I think our new plan is to go to an Easter egg hunt on base, go pick up a new double stroller from someone on craigslist, and then head to the Smithsonian of Natural History...

I got my maclaren double off craigslist...love it! Love the savings, too :lovestruc

Hello,
My name is Traci and I am married to Frank. We have 3 children Nick is 23 great kid... umm adult. Works very hard and is hardly home but call's alot. Tim is 13 great kid and loves everyone. He is on the Autism spectrum (asdpddnos) and is a loved by all. (teachers, friends, family). Samantha (Sam) my baby and only girl is...well...Fiesty, funny, a handfull, Very bossy with her brothers and thinks she know's everything, and Oh she is very LOUD when she wants to be heard!(like right now:sad2:) Loved the princesses, then went to Hannah Montanna and now thinks Lady Gaga is great!:confused: Our last trip was Sept. 09 We stayed at Port Orleans. This will be the first year we stay offsite, (Oct). Our friends offered there Time Share at Sheraton Vistana because they could not afford to go this year (money is tight) so we are paying there dues and fees and using the condo. We are also driving up for the first time. Okay enough about us for now heading to Sam's dance class and then to a party. Will be back tonight. Thank you for starting this, it's just what I needed to get involved.:goodvibes

Hello,
My name is Traci and I am married to Frank. We have 3 children Nick is 23 great kid... umm adult. Works very hard and is hardly home but call's alot. Tim is 13 great kid and loves everyone. He is on the Autism spectrum (asdpddnos) and is a loved by all. (teachers, friends, family). Samantha (Sam) my baby and only girl is...well...Fiesty, funny, a handfull, Very bossy with her brothers and thinks she know's everything, and Oh she is very LOUD when she wants to be heard!(like right now:sad2:) Loved the princesses, then went to Hannah Montanna and now thinks Lady Gaga is great!:confused: Our last trip was Sept. 09 We stayed at Port Orleans. This will be the first year we stay offsite, (Oct). Our friends offered there Time Share at Sheraton Vistana because they could not afford to go this year (money is tight) so we are paying there dues and fees and using the condo. We are also driving up for the first time. Okay enough about us for now heading to Sam's dance class and then to a party. Will be back tonight. Thank you for starting this, it's just what I needed to get involved.:goodvibes

Welcome Traci! :goodvibes

Hi. My name is Bambi. (I know I was destined to be a Disney fan). :rotfl:

I am married to Barry and we have two wonderful kids. :lovestruc Madison is 5 and Evan is 3. They are my whole world. We are all Disney fanatics. Madison has been to Disney world 6 times and Evan 5 times. Madison was 7 weeks for her first trip (we had the trip planned and then foster care called saying "we have a little girl for you." We made all the arrangements and she had her first trip. We finalized the adoption when she was 9 months old. We had planned a trip for her second birthday when we discovered I was pregnant with Evan. Canceled that trip and celebrated both their birthdays the next year. Our last trip was March 5-12 and our next trip is in December. I never say this but "is it December yet?"

Thanks for starting this group. This may help me get more involved with the boards. I have been reading them for months but did not join until I saw this group.

Hello! My name is Tanya and I am from MA. I have a DD who is almost 4 and a DS who is almost 17 months. We are taking our first family trip to Disney in Oct. I have been twice as an adult and day dream about taking our kids and about my DD's reaction to Cinderella's castle. My daughter LOVES all things Disney. I am so happy to be able to take this trip with them. This board is so full of knowledge. I'm already planning and organizing, yet the trip is still 7 months away!

Great thread!! :thumbsup2

My name is Dawn and I'm a Disneyaholic ;) Thankfully I'm married to a great guy, Michael, who grew up going to Disney often and understands and loves it just as much as I do (although he leaves all the planning to me!). We went to Disney twice together before we were married and actually spent part of our honeymoon there as well.

We have two boys, Braydon (3) and TJ (2). Our first trip there as a family was this past October where we stayed at Pop. They boys LOVED it and talk about it every day!! I think we have created two new Disney lovers!!!

We are going back again in May for two weeks and are doing a split stay, a week at SSR and a week at OKW :cool1: The boys know we are going back and ask every day if it's time to go.

Welcome to the new Dis Mom's! I'm so happy we are able to keep this going and get more new moms everyday!:grouphug:

Our day got derailed my monster(DS2), who fell coming up the stairs and cut his lip open! :sad2: We just got back from the ER where he had to have 3 stitches in his poor lip:sad1: So needless to say, we are spending the rest of the day at home and will try to do the Smithsonian tomorrow.

I hope the rest of you have a better day then me.:rotfl:

ETA Did find out that DH will have the Friday before Memorial day off. :rolleyes1 So of course the first thing I thought of was WDW here we come!:rotfl2: Now I just need to convince DH that we NEED to do this!:lmao:

Hello to all the new moms!

Well we took the girls to see How to Train a Dragon today. They talked about killing the whole movie and it used the word Hell. Now I am no prude and frankly am surprised neither of my kids have dropped the f*bomb yet (the swearing doesn't go with my personality ~ but I just can't help it ~ I really can control it if need be i.e. at work, at Disney at the girls school etc) ~ but I can imagine some people will not be happy about it.

That being said the girls did enjoy it. Just not sure I would have taken them and should have looked a little more into it.

Hi, I'm Stephanie (Juliet was my cat when I joined pre-kids :rotfl2:). I've been a WDW junkie since 1999 when my friend and I took a road trip out West and we spent a :wizard: day at Disneyland. I've been hooked since then.

DH and I honeymooned there in 2000/2001 (over New Years) and we've averaged about a trip a year since then. We bought into DVC (Boardwalk) a few years ago (we should have done so on our honeymoon!). He's not a Disney nut, but he indulges me and enjoys our vacations there as well.

Our kids are Phoebe (almost 7) and Ruby (almost 2) and a new one is due in August (we find out the gender on Tuesday!). Our last trip as a family was March 2009 -- we took a 3 day cruise and then stayed in the AKV (Jambo). I went back with a friend and my youngest in October, but it doesn't really count. I was exhausted from chasing the little one all over :laughing:.

I'm in Disney withdrawal as we don't have a trip on the horizon. I hope to go next May, but DH isn't keen on the idea. We'll see. We gotta use those DVC points!

So, hope everyone had a good day. I did. I took my younger 2 to their egg hunt, then we went to Michael's for craft day. Noone had showed up all day so the lady gave them tons of Model Magic to use and then a bunch to take home. We finally left and headed over to pick up their pottery from last week that they painted. I had forgotten it was right by another Michael's so we went and same thing, almost noone was there so they said we could make another craft and SHE gave them a bunch of stuff to take home. Score! After that we headed home for lunch and to finish their bedroom! My hubby got called into work today so our date was bumped till tomorrow. That's OK, that way today was a no spend day and I made my goal of 15 No Spend Days! (Budget Board, anyone else doing it?) This is the first month I actually made my goal let alone with days to spare so that was exciting. My DH's is on call 24/7 (not a doctor, an IT guy) so this is not a new thing for us, so I don't sweat it anymore. We will go to breakfast with the Easter Bunny in the morning then bring the kids home and have an earlier date. Something to look forward to. :banana:

Well, off to make dinner. Well, warm up leftover lasagna for dinner. TTNF...

So, hope everyone had a good day. I did. I took my younger 2 to their egg hunt, then we went to Michael's for craft day. Noone had showed up all day so the lady gave them tons of Model Magic to use and then a bunch to take home. We finally left and headed over to pick up their pottery from last week that they painted. I had forgotten it was right by another Michael's so we went and same thing, almost noone was there so they said we could make another craft and SHE gave them a bunch of stuff to take home. Score! After that we headed home for lunch and to finish their bedroom! My hubby got called into work today so our date was bumped till tomorrow. That's OK, that way today was a no spend day and I made my goal of 15 No Spend Days! (Budget Board, anyone else doing it?) This is the first month I actually made my goal let alone with days to spare so that was exciting. My DH's is on call 24/7 (not a doctor, an IT guy) so this is not a new thing for us, so I don't sweat it anymore. We will go to breakfast with the Easter Bunny in the morning then bring the kids home and have an earlier date. Something to look forward to. :banana:

Well, off to make dinner. Well, warm up leftover lasagna for dinner. TTNF...

I am going to start "No buy" in April! I finally read some of the thread and figured out how it works.:rotfl: I also did CVS for the first time this past week. Made $12 in EB!:cool1: I love the budget board but I think it costs me my budget instead of saves me any money.:lmao: I'm one of those that has the mentality "save more to spend more." The more I save the more I have to spend. :rotfl2:

Also, DH agreed that we NEED to go to WDW for Memorial day weekend!:banana: We'll be leaving Thursday afternoon and coming home Monday or Tuesday! It will be a quick trip, but it should tide me over till July... Maybe:dance3: Now I'm off to plan... I love this.

I am going to start "No buy" in April! I finally read some of the thread and figured out how it works.:rotfl: I also did CVS for the first time this past week. Made $12 in EB!:cool1: I love the budget board but I think it costs me my budget instead of saves me any money.:lmao: I'm one of those that has the mentality "save more to spend more." The more I save the more I have to spend. :rotfl2:

Also, DH agreed that we NEED to go to WDW for Memorial day weekend!:banana: We'll be leaving Thursday afternoon and coming home Monday or Tuesday! It will be a quick trip, but it should tide me over till July... Maybe:dance3: Now I'm off to plan... I love this.

Oh Good, I will look for you on that thread and cheer you on! :cheer2: :cheer2: This was my third month. January I made 14 of 15, so close... February I only made 13, but it was a short month and I had to go out of town to take care of my grandma in the hospital. But this month I made my goal and I was so excited to do so! I have saved so much it's great!

Hmmm I would say I easily have 15 no buy days each month. I never spend any money on Tuesday and Thursdays because I am at work. So that is 8 days a month. I guess I will need to learn more about it. :)

On Mondays we do swim lessons ~ and then usually spend the afternoon home playing in the play room.

So that would be four more days ~ and then on Wednesday twice a month we go to the free Mom and Me Movie ~ but we do have lunch there. So I get two Wednesdays where we usually hang out at home.

Yeah for a Memorial Day trip! We will just miss you I think. :) We leave on the 23rd to come home.

Hmmm I would say I easily have 15 no buy days each month. I never spend any money on Tuesday and Thursdays because I am at work. So that is 8 days a month. I guess I will need to learn more about it. :)

On Mondays we do swim lessons ~ and then usually spend the afternoon home playing in the play room.

So that would be four more days ~ and then on Wednesday twice a month we go to the free Mom and Me Movie ~ but we do have lunch there. So I get two Wednesdays where we usually hang out at home.

Yeah for a Memorial Day trip! We will just miss you I think. :) We leave on the 23rd to come home.

Wow, that is great I wish I could say the same. We go though a gallon of milk every other day and fruit, my kids have been averaging a bag of oranges and a bunch of bananas a day so I am usually at the store for the basics every other day. Plus then ths kids activities, they add up so fast. I don
't buy almost any extras unless we really need them (like my oldest needed jeans terribly this month) but food and kids stuff seems to be never ending. I do remember when the kids were young I could spend a lot less. We only had one car and DH took it to work so that really helped! ;)

I *try* to do a good job of grocery shopping so I don't have to go for little trips during the week.

My DH bought me a Kuerig Machine for my birthday in November and I am happy to say I haven't bought a cup of coffee since then. <<--- this has saved TONS of money.

My kiddies are still too little for activities. They do go to Montessori School on the two days I am working so would I count the tuition for that?

We do however eat out a lot on the weekends. We really, really need to cut back on that. It just seems so nice to have that time to be together without the mess to clean after.

Swim classes were $32 each for an 8 week program. I thought that was cheap. Considering we still have 4 weeks left and my Mimi is already swimming with no "bubble".

:) Now I will go find the no spend thread.

Oh ~ btw ~ anyone see the kids on leashes thread? They are now lumping kids, dogs and elderly in the same group. *sigh*

We'll be there for part of that weekend too!! We're going for 2 weeks and leaving the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.

There is a May group if you are interested in joining:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2391501

Thank you Suellen,
Glad to be on the Disboards. I am still at the party! It is my best friends party, Adam Glambert fan's.:confused3 They are a nice bunch of girls so I come to have fun.
Added bonus my kids love to come play with the kids so we all have fun. Good company, good food, just not a Adam Lambert follower!:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter