• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 5, 2016 Disney Dream Cruise

This will be our first cruise. I have done a lot of reading, as we also have a boy who will be 18 months at the time of sailing. They have the nursery, of course, also a splash pad for little ones who aren't potty trained yet. Other than that, I'm not aware of a whole heck of a lot. We decided to leave DS home with grandpa and grandma. This way DD's (ages 9 & 5) will have our undivided, and we can split up with them and go 2 different directions, if need be.

What about the nursery? I feel a little weird about leaving my little boy with people he doesn't know. Has anyone used the nursery?

I don't blame you any. I would have a hard time with that, too. But I have heard good things about it. I hope you can find someone with good advice!

I was also thinking about hitting up the spa. I'm considering it a late birthday gift from my husband to me!! :P Any recommendations??

I haven't seen any "rules" on decorating the doors but there sure are a lot of pictures of decorated doors out there. I've already got stuff ready to go!
I feel like etsy will be my best friend. I've looked at a couple. I saw something about a character dining experience. Is that something that pertains to this cruise or is that for the longer cruises?

I feel like etsy will be my best friend. I've looked at a couple. I saw something about a character dining experience. Is that something that pertains to this cruise or is that for the longer cruises?
I hadn't heard anything about Character dining onboard - if you find out anything...Please share with us!!! Are you going to be in Disney World before the cruise? There is a Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party going on there. We are attending Friday night.

I hadn't heard anything about Character dining onboard - if you find out anything...Please share with us!!! Are you going to be in Disney World before the cruise? There is a Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party going on there. We are attending Friday night.

Hi this is my first cruise too, but I've been researching like crazy and reading lots of Trip Reports :-) He are things I've learned, those who really know, please correct me.

What about the nursery? I feel a little weird about leaving my little boy with people he doesn't know. Has anyone used the nursery?
I've read TRs that give the nursery high praise, but I admit I'm nervous about it so we are waiting to take the kids on a cruise until YDS is 3 next summer. I'm not sure about the cost or how to book the nursery, but from what I've read it does sound as hard as I've made it in my head.

I was also thinking about hitting up the spa. I'm considering it a late birthday gift from my husband to me!! :P Any recommendations??
One tip I've read is that they run specials during the cruise and you can get discounts if you wait to book on board. Also there is a drawing give away the first day I believe. I've read great reviews about the Rain Forrest room, but with such a short cruise I'm unsure if I will do it. If you really want a massage I guess it's best to book ahead to get the time you want.

I'm up for recommendations too!!!! Does anyone know if there are rules to decorating your door?
The only restriction I know of it has to be magnets and no over the doors hangers. If you cause any damage you get billed. I ask Barb on the main cruise board here for some custom designs and ordered magnetic paper, I haven't printed them yet, but I'm excited. Lots of magnets on Etsy of course.

I'm ready to join. I'm really interested I just don't know all the rules
I'll let the experts tell you any rules, actually if this group has rules I'd like to know specifics. From what I understand once you get on a list you can make/buy a small something for each person on the list or do a cabin gift. The list has favorite characters/colors and allergies listed. Its just a fun exchange to add to the cruise. I have seen some amazing gifts on social media, some simple things that are very clever, and some things that are just cute and Disney. I think it's just gifts once through the trip but I have read on longer cruises people do multiple drops.

Do we have any specific rules for this FE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter