December 2, 2012 Wonder Cruise

Okay, now that I have answered everybody (I think), on to what I actually have to say!

I'm thrilled to see our group growing! I am very much looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying the Mexican Riviera with a great bunch of people!!! We have a lot of first-time DIS cruisers, from the look of it. I can't wait to see the pixiedust:!!!

We still have a few days to get the FE information to me. I will be sending out the list on November 1, so if you're on the fence, jump! For whoever asked (I know I read it, but my mind is foggy at the moment), we have 23 adults, and 8 children ranging from 13 weeks to 14 years! I believe the count is 11 rooms, but as I said, foggy!

I will also be printing out door magnets soon. I will make plenty, and I'll have them at the meet on our first sea day.

With all that out of the way...IMPORTANT news to share with everyone! I am very much in the path of Hurricane Sandy:crazy2:, and for anyone who doesn't know, DH and I are both in emergency services. :firefight I will most likely not be on here, on facebook, or on my email, very much over the next few days. Please do not be offended if I don't respond to you right away. I WILL get the FE list out. If you email me, PM me, or post here, I WILL get it and respond eventually! It just might be a little delayed.

I just don't want anyone to think I'm ignoring them or I dropped the ball. I appreciate everyone's patience in advance!!!

See everyone SOON!!!

Best wishes!! :grouphug: Will be thinking happy thoughts and trying to send pixie dust your way pixiedust:

so when I read our group number my face looked like this :scared: were we not at like 5 a few weeks ago :rotfl: Boy do I really have a lot of work to do now :headache: lord help me:littleangel:

but really, to those who I have not said it yet...

:welcome:

So happy you could join, this cruise should be a great time, can't wait to meet everyone ::yes::

JtiggerB... could I have a copy of the file as well I would love to have it on my door with our groups main cruise magnet :yay:

Hi all.....just wondering, how do we design door magnets or find someone to design them for me? I was reading about it and the site said not to pay for them...So if anyone could help me with that, I would be much appreciated!

Hi all.....just wondering, how do we design door magnets or find someone to design them for me? I was reading about it and the site said not to pay for them...So if anyone could help me with that, I would be much appreciated!

hmmm... I suppose if people were working on artwork for their door the final product could be posted here and then if others would like to use it it could be shared via email. As per attaching to the door, only magnets are allowed now. So I plan to buy Avery magnetic paper for my artwork. I have never used it before so I shall see what happens. Another option is you could buy Disney scrapbooking items, and either using the paper create scene then have it laminated and attach magnets. Of simply attach small magnets to the thicker paper characters and attach them directly to the door. :idea: In fact I just thought of that... what a brilliant idea. Must go to Hobby Lobby now for like the tenth time :lmao:

Thank you for your help....I figured out how to design some door magnets!! Started working on my FE gifts and now have to make a fish extender....This will be the most fun I think I have had on a cruise ever!!:banana:

Door magnets?!?!! A whole new exciting world :banana:
Now im just gettting a bit nervous about cruising for the first time ever and with a 13 week old! :eek:

Door magnets?!?!! A whole new exciting world :banana:
Now im just gettting a bit nervous about cruising for the first time ever and with a 13 week old! :eek:

Just stay calm... If I ever were to cruise with a 13 week old it would be on Disney. You shall do fine :thumbsup2

I will be joining you, along with 5 other 50-ish adults, 3 couples. My first DCL cruise, really looking forward to getting aboard!!!

Does anybody have any suggestions, or ideas, for local operators of shore excursions in Cabo San Lucas? I want to try something out of the ordinary, not a ship shore excursion. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Just over a month to go!!!

I will be joining you, along with 5 other 50-ish adults, 3 couples. My first DCL cruise, really looking forward to getting aboard!!!

Does anybody have any suggestions, or ideas, for local operators of shore excursions in Cabo San Lucas? I want to try something out of the ordinary, not a ship shore excursion. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Just over a month to go!!!

For what it's worth, in my humble opinion, the ship's shorex are the only way to go because we are in Mexico. Things were different a couple years ago, but now I would stick with the ship's recommendations. Like I said, Just my humble opinion.

Vada :coffee:

THANK YOU to everyone who posted/sent/emailed good wishes, thoughts, prayers and vibes. We survived Sandy a little dented, but with our spirits intact. Many of the things "down the shore" that I grew up with are now gone, but we're strong and we will rebuild. I was very lucky, and my home only lost power for a few hours. My station...well, it's been rather dark and cold for over 24 hours now, but power will return soon. Thank you all again!

Now, about the door magnets...I have tried a few different things. Printing on the magnetic paper is nice, but can get expensive. Printing on regular paper, then laminating and using magnets on the back is pretty simple to do. They actually sell magnetic "tape" (it's sticky on the back) at craft stores, for less than $5. We usually do that, as I like to make new and different ones for each trip. You can also laminate a picture printed on photo paper and use the magnets on the back - but beware, this method can produce some bubbles in your laminating!

And our FE. My earlier estimate stands - 11 rooms, 23 adults and 8 children. It grew a LOT in the last little while! Woohoo and welcome aboard! I will be sending the list out via PM tomorrow.

For now...back to work! I have to get it done...we leave for California in 4 weeks!!!

THANK YOU to everyone who posted/sent/emailed good wishes, thoughts, prayers and vibes. We survived Sandy a little dented, but with our spirits intact. Many of the things "down the shore" that I grew up with are now gone, but we're strong and we will rebuild. I was very lucky, and my home only lost power for a few hours. My station...well, it's been rather dark and cold for over 24 hours now, but power will return soon. Thank you all again!

Now, about the door magnets...I have tried a few different things. Printing on the magnetic paper is nice, but can get expensive. Printing on regular paper, then laminating and using magnets on the back is pretty simple to do. They actually sell magnetic "tape" (it's sticky on the back) at craft stores, for less than $5. We usually do that, as I like to make new and different ones for each trip. You can also laminate a picture printed on photo paper and use the magnets on the back - but beware, this method can produce some bubbles in your laminating!

And our FE. My earlier estimate stands - 11 rooms, 23 adults and 8 children. It grew a LOT in the last little while! Woohoo and welcome aboard! I will be sending the list out via PM tomorrow.

For now...back to work! I have to get it done...we leave for California in 4 weeks!!!

Glad to hear you faired well and with not too many "bruises" :grouphug: I hope clean-up goes smoothly and that your community has angels with with helping out :littleangel:

Magnetic tape huh? Might have to look into that. Do they sell that at Hobby Lobby?

:goodvibes

glad to hear you are doing ok! :goodvibes

Sounds like you came through better than lots of areas, so thankful for that. I hope all is well at your station by the time you read this note.

I love the fact my wife reminded me last night that a month from then we would be in a hotel at disneyland... and of course that made me smile. Hope everyone else is doing well and hope to hear from everyone soon... remember to get sizes and fav. characters to me soon because I will be doing my order soon.

I had no idea you were near the devastation of Sandy. I'm happy to hear you and yours are safe and sound!!!

Vada

Just wanted to make sure you got all our sizes and favs...I am SO excited about this..it is our first Disnay Cruise. We are all adults and LOVE cruising so this will be a fantastic experience.

Mike- XL Mickey Mouse
Tami- XL Mickey Mouse
Brenna-M Cars or Elastagirl
Bradi (female) XL Ariel, Remy, or Repunzel
Bryan-L Legos Pirates of the Carribean or Goofy

Thank you again. We have about a month and I am SO thrilled to be a part of the FE. Cant wait to get my gifts done!! Have a great day:love:

We are reeling from the storm, but I have such a great vacation to look forward to...it's keeping me going at times. I personally was very lucky, and my town fared well. We still have sections without power, but overall...we have trees and power lines blocking our roads; other places have boats and buildings blocking them. Gas is running short, and so many families are in shelters and lost nearly everything...I have been lucky myself, but as we get out and around to assist other communities, the damage is just staggering. We certainly appreciate all the thoughts and prayers being sent our way!

I have sent the FE list out via PM. Please PM or email me if there are any errors, or if you have room numbers to add (we have a couple of TBAs on the list! Wishing you pixiedust: ) For the moment, it's back to work...just came home to rest, shower, and get my mail - WHICH INCLUDED CRUISE DOCUMENTS! Oh, I need this cruise now more than ever!!!

We are reeling from the storm, but I have such a great vacation to look forward to...it's keeping me going at times. I personally was very lucky, and my town fared well. We still have sections without power, but overall...we have trees and power lines blocking our roads; other places have boats and buildings blocking them. Gas is running short, and so many families are in shelters and lost nearly everything...I have been lucky myself, but as we get out and around to assist other communities, the damage is just staggering. We certainly appreciate all the thoughts and prayers being sent our way!

I have sent the FE list out via PM. Please PM or email me if there are any errors, or if you have room numbers to add (we have a couple of TBAs on the list! Wishing you pixiedust: ) For the moment, it's back to work...just came home to rest, shower, and get my mail - WHICH INCLUDED CRUISE DOCUMENTS! Oh, I need this cruise now more than ever!!!

Glad to hear you are safe and sound, will keep you in my prayers. This trip will be even more needed for you guys :grouphug: I cannot imagine what everyone must be going through over there.

Yeah got the list :yay:
Been working hard on my gifts, so far everything looks great. I am going to have a had time giving them to people. Needless to say I will be making extra for Adam and I. I did have to change up my design a little due to the increase in people. My original design would of had me making gifts into the new year. :rotfl2:

So as I am making my gifts I started thinking they might not pertain to the little ones, those of you with kiddos what sort of things are they into? Reading? movies? Toys? treats? A little input would be helpful ::yes::

Glad to hear you are safe and sound, will keep you in my prayers. This trip will be even more needed for you guys :grouphug: I cannot imagine what everyone must be going through over there.

Yeah got the list :yay:
Been working hard on my gifts, so far everything looks great. I am going to have a had time giving them to people. Needless to say I will be making extra for Adam and I. I did have to change up my design a little due to the increase in people. My original design would of had me making gifts into the new year. :rotfl2:

So as I am making my gifts I started thinking they might not pertain to the little ones, those of you with kiddos what sort of things are they into? Reading? movies? Toys? treats? A little input would be helpful ::yes::

my kids are pretty easy to please (still young :)) --but they love books and movies
thanks!! I just got my first batch of FEs and have more ideas (I don't have the time to craft, so everyone will have to settle for store bought from us ;))

my kids are pretty easy to please (still young :)) --but they love books and movies
thanks!! I just got my first batch of FEs and have more ideas (I don't have the time to craft, so everyone will have to settle for store bought from us ;))

see thats the smart thing to do ::yes::... I don't have time to craft either, but I'm :crazy2:. Once I get an idea in my head I can't get it out and have to do it. Which puts me where I am now :headache:... to be honest once I got started and realized what I was in for I wanted to switch my idea to non handmade items, but I had already bought the stuff and couldn't turn back :sad2:

Hi
I recieved your PM clarifying t shirt size, but I am still unable to PM so that was a medium child for my daughter (9). Hope this clarifies things. Count down is on, in one month form today we will be sailing. Wow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter